[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans love watching women's football? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (643 KB, 628x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
643 KB, 628x614
Why do Americans love watching women's football?

It's so unbelievably boring. They hoof it about like small children with 0 skill or vision
>>
Anonymous 11/29/15(Sun)10:49:23 No.63880790
Why do Chelsea fans love watching Chelsea?

It's so unbelievably boring. They hoof it about like small children with 0 skill or vision
>>
>>63880815
Haha fucking hell that's great.
>>
Muhammad doesn't let his women in the living room
>>
>>63880815
Probably my favourite post of the week. I hurt myself laughing so much!
>>
>>63880790
I'm actually watching Ned-Jap right now and I'm quite enjoying it. Tempo is high, remeniscent of field hockey or handball. Lots of pressure on the ball. Getting the ball out there is tense. They work hard, not like the lazy male oranje assholes.

2-0 now after 21 minutes. Manon Melis is great.
>>
Waifu kick gets shoved down our throats to be honest
>>
>>63880882
Although I agree it can be damn sloppy sometimes. It's like watching the Eredivisie.
>>
Men have no obligation to watch women's sports
>>
1. They win
2. Empowerment narrative.
3. It's the new women's golf
4. They win
>>
England are on tvnow
11 blokes picked up off the street could beat them seriously
>>
>>63880790
It's not huge in the US.
Nobody gives a fuck.
But the US likes winners.
If they're going to win a championship some afternoon then we'll pay attention for a couple of hours, what's the harm?
>>
>paying attention to soccer
>Americans
pick one
>>
>>63880790
it's the only thing they're top 3 in and not filled with negros
>>
>>63881043
Same here in the Netherlands. For a long time, nobody cared about womens football, but some years ago they did well in a tournament and suddenly people cared. Then the tournament was over and most people stopped giving a fuck.
>>
>>63880882

Every women's football game I've ever seen has been completely fucking boring and below the level of a Sunday pub league game.

Last night I left the TV on some women's game and every time I looked over they were just knocking it all over the place. No one team ever has possession for more than 2 passes, ever. It ended a 0-0 borefest

Right now England vs Bosnia is on my TV. It's a 0-0 borefest too.

No team has even got close to a shot on goal and no team has strung more than 2 consecutive passes together.
>>
>>63880790
Because they were going to win. You put any American in the title position to win any sport and everyone will pay attention to them for a few days.
>>
It's a lie cooked up by E!SPN. Nobody gives a fuck about soccer in any form.
>>
File: CU6rl5UUYAA8HS0.png (24 KB, 488x531) Image search: [Google]
CU6rl5UUYAA8HS0.png
24 KB, 488x531
""Great"" Britain's "top" team uses similar hoofball tactics 2bh
>>
>>63881101
There is indeed a lot of hoofing going on, but this one game does have some entertainment value because of the offensive intentions of both sides. Japan puts the Dutch defence under a lot of pressure, and the Dutch have pretty good forwards who have already managed to score twice.
I can imagine that less offensively inclined teams with this sloppiness would be dreary to watch. I myself haven't watched women's football in a long time and find this one game to be a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>63881101
England sucks that's why. Neither your men nor your women ugly toothless whores can your own sport. Pathetic.
>>
>>63881143
I'd be very careful with where you're going there considering the Bundeliga has by far the most long balls and aerial duels out of any of the top leagues
>>
>>63880790
No one watches men's soccer in the US. Even fewer people watch women's soccer. Relative to men's soccer audience, women's is huge when compared to the rest of the world. Also, US women's soccer is historically GOAT and Americans at least like to meme patriotism for a month during international competitions.
>>
>>63881211
not that same guy, but do you have a source for that?
>>
Lel, the wind is blowing so hard that the ball won't stay still for the corner kick.
Also, Japan should've scored at least 3 times already. They are dominant and have lots of chances, but they either fuck up in front of goal or there is a last minute defensive intervention. They're pretty bad at getting the ball away from their own half, but the Dutch defense is quite apt at making sure the ball doesn't go into the goal.
2-0 at half time.
>>
>>63880790
We don't
Most only care about the national team but that's mainly because of USA USA USA
The women's league gets shit ratings and have shit attendances
>>
>>63881143
What Leicester do is long properly weighted ground passes and quick breaking runners, not hoofball.
>>
>>63880790
Because hipsters and cunts who don't actually watch sport like to pretend they're above the people that watch the mainstream sports but as soon as there's no trophy at stake they instantly stop showing their support
>>
>>63880815
>>63880844
>>63880878
Samegay
>>
>>63880790
They watch it because they are supposed to be good at it. Nobody else cares.
>>
>W-why don't the big bad men watch our sport?

Meanwhile women don't even give a shit about women's sports
>>
>>63880790
In America, soccer is a sport for girls, it makes sense to pay more attention to the women's team in a woman's sport.

Same reason ESPN shows women's softball but you never hear a thing about men's softball
>>
>>63880790
I don't know, is it?
Sure there might be more but per capita it's probably the same
It's more prevalent in the US Soccer scene because most soccer fans are liberals in favor of forced equality
But it's still really small
>>
File: cpwm.png (3 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
cpwm.png
3 MB, 1916x1076
>>63880790
1) In our culture association football is a feminine sport
2) Women's soccer is far more honest (see: less diving) than its male counterpart and we like that
3) We are actually great in women's soccer. Naturally we love watching anything we win at
>>
>Women's ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''sports''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>63882253
You say that but the men killed the women's in ratings
>>63882043
Here women made up a bigger percentage of viewers for the men's than women's
>>
>>63882354
well even with all those reasons I listed people will always prefer to see actual skill and athleticism
still the US has gotta be the biggest women's soccer viewers
>>
>>63882434
Is it per capita?
>>
>>63880790
the team is good and easy to bandwagon, soccer is very popular for girls here and probably 6th or 7th most popular for boys, our media promotes the shit out of it
>>
File: 1402954164639.jpg (37 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
1402954164639.jpg
37 KB, 504x360
>>63880790
>Why do Americans love watching women's football?

Because it's a women's sport.

The more important question is why Eurofags are so obsessed with watching grown men play a women's sport?

>>63881101
>Every women's football game I've ever seen has been completely fucking boring

Actually every fucking Soccer game is boring.
>>
>>63885256

>Soccer is a girls game
>Girls soccer is fucking boring
>Therefore soccer is boring
>Soccer is a boring girls game

Nice circular reasoning.

No wonder Yanks think soccer sucks if they think the women are doing it justice. Lmao.
>>
>>63887024
No one except Barcelona and Bayern right now are doing soccer justice.
What's your point?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.