[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how much is he worth? In my opinion, his value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 2
File: Burnley-v-Leicester.jpg (49 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Burnley-v-Leicester.jpg
49 KB, 615x409
Realistically, how much is he worth?

In my opinion, his value is probably £12m, but because he's English and a meme anyone who wants him will pay twice that.
>>
30m
>>
£12,000,000 sounds fair on the face of it.

However, when you consider literally who's like Shane Long, who have accomplished fuck all compared to Vardy went for £15,000,000 it puts things in perspective.

Somebody will probably stump up £25,000,000 in January. Or £20,000,000 if they wait until the summer. Seems like a waste of money on a one season wonder who's nearly 29
>>
>>63876224
That's the problem, age really isn't on his side.
>>
Mahrez >>>>> Vardy
>>
>>63876238

Age wasn't on Shane Long's side either

Maybe I shouldn't value every player on that one transfer but there have been a lot of retard amounts thrown on mediocre British strikers over the years
>>
How much was paid for Andy Carrol again?
>>
>>63876292
£35,000,000 (Thirty five million pounds sterling) by Liverpool FC
>>
>>63876156
He'll be another Kevin Phillips.
>>
In the current market, 20 million would be a fair price considering his age and career. If he was Kane's age though you'd be looking at 50 million+
>>
>>63876156
What matters is his value to Leicester. Currently him and Mahrez are a big part of why they're competing for top 4, so why would they sell him for anything less than £30 million? Of course in the summer if they didn't make the CL then they'd probably sell for less, but not in January.
>>
£90,000,000
>>
hes not 4 sale cunt
>>
>couldn't even beat Shitchester Poonited at home

Leicester are the most overrated team in premiership history
>>
JV7 is worth 100m
>>
>>63877714
JV9 you mean
>>
Ok I know nothing about soccer, can someone explain transfer fees and shit to me. Is that why you pay the player? Like he gets a 30million dollar contract? So confused.
>>
>>63878062

It's what you pay the club you're getting him from. Basically a trade for money.
>>
>>63878082
So you have a buy him from the club and then pay him more money? That is fucking ridiculous, why would anyone do that? Why don't they just trade players straight up like all other sports?
>>
>>63878062
i believe it's what one club pays the other club for him, since they own him. unless his contract is finished, then he's free. some transfers include paying a fee to the player as well, for signing. salary comes on top of that.
>>
>>63878062
you give the team x ammount of money (ronaldo went for 80 million pounds) and then you pay then a certain ammount a week (his contract had him earning€11 million per year)
>>
>>63878062
players sign a contract with Generic FC from 2014-2018. In the contract there's a minimum release clause, so if another club wants to bring the player in 2015 (provided the player and his agent agree) they have to play that money to Generic FC. If there are several clubs disputing for the same player, Generic FC will sell him to the club with the best possible offer.
This is much more simple and intuitive than draft system or whatever the fuck.
>>
File: counting.jpg (128 KB, 630x568) Image search: [Google]
counting.jpg
128 KB, 630x568
>>63876156
about this much
>>
>>63878130
It is so the same 4 clubs can remain at the top every year. Thus why Futbol is shit.
>>
>>63878130
why don't you trade bread for milk?
Because currency has been invented.
>>
>>63878130
its just a contract buyout. those exist here too.
>>
>>63876156
i'd say if he was 4 or 5 years younger he would go for 50m next season
>>
>>63878130

Why's that ridiculous?

1. Player signs 3 year contract for club #1
2. Club #2 pays club #1 a fee to buy the player out of his contract
3. Player is now employed by club #2

Trading players wouldn't work
>>
If Leicester are smart, they'd sell him for silly money in January before he inevitably drops off
>>
>>63876278
>>63876238
>age makes you a good buy
tell that to luke shaw and meme sterling
>>
>12M

Mate, I see you chatting shit and I think we all know what comes next
>>
>>63878395
age doesn't make you a good buy, but advanced age reduces resale value.
>>
>>63878383

They'd probably be better off financially keeping him and seeing if they can fluke a top 4 finish.
>>
>>63878302
that is one of the reason why >we should have some form of european super league
>>
>>63878395
Young English player with high potential players like that are a rare commodity in the english game nowadays its all italians and spanish literally there is 4 players in the chelsea starting XI
>>
>>63878395

Both those players are looking like good buys so far. I don't understand what your point is?

If you have 2 players of equal quality, one is 20 and the other is 29 you buy the 20 year old every time
>>
>>63878130
>like all other sports
I wasn't aware that American sports counted as all other sports
>>
Liverpool will try to buy him for 30 million, Chelsea will eventually buy him for 40 million

Cap this post
>>
>>63878431
I cant see them finishing outside the top 7, so theyll have gazillions in TV money anyway

Actually that kinda makes the whole "sell him for silly money" thing pointless given the amount of TV cash there will be
>>
>>63878478
>Raheem Sterling
>looking like a good use of £50 million
lel
>>
If Leicester have any sense they'll offload him to a desperate Chelsea for 30M in January.
>>
>>63878504
>Liverpool

Benteke, Firmino, Ings, Origi

Sturridge is a bonus once a year too

United will buy him
>>
>>63878430
This.

Basically, Sterling is the price of the player + added value due to resale.

Vardy is just the price of the player, as you aren't going to sell him off. I.e. he is the price of what he will bring to your team.

That said, he is easily worth 30M IF you think his current form is going to continue for at least a season or more. Any solid, almost a goal per game striker is worth that much at least. Look at Bony for example - 28 mil. And you'll say "but Bony was young, he still had resale value". That's not entirely true - City knew Bony would play second fiddle to Aguero and would probably not shine enough to be resold. Not to mention he has a high salary, which significantly reduces his resale value. That's also the reason for a 4 and a half year deal - they want Bony as a player, not an asset. So if Bony is 28M, that's about Vardy's value too.
>>
>>63878518
He's better than any AM in Liverpool that's for sure.
>>
>>63878518
It literally doesnt matter man city could've bought Raheem 20 times over without breaking a sweat before they even got the millions in TV money now they will probably spend 50 million on people like fucking James Wilson
>>
He's playing like a maniac and that won't last too long. The goals will dry up soon enough. Also he has the example of Lambert to warn him about late bloomers changing clubs.
>>
>>63878564

Vardy's value is going to be based on 1 or 2 years of service. If you're willing to pay £30 million for 1 good season then fine.

A player like Sterling could potentially give you a decade of service
>>
>>63878570
>sterling in better form than Coutinho or Firminho
I got bad news for you m8
>>
>>63878130
You can do that too but buying players is the most common thing to do
>>
>>63878600
if he doesn't leave you 2 seasons later
>>
>>63878599
>He's playing like a maniac and that won't last too long

Funny, I remember a lot of people saying that about Di Natale, who continued to IMPROVE until like 36.

Not to mention he is, quite literally, the same player as Vardy.

The only difference is Di Natale stayed at Udinese, which is also a mid-table club, less expectations, much more freedom, less competition. As in, if Vardy moves from Leicester, I agree, but otherwise..
>>
>>63878570
>literally a poor mans robben
>better than Firmino/Coutinho
>>
>>63878600
Why 1 or 2 years of service?

I would say potential for 1 or 2 years of his CURRENT form in a total of about 4-5 years. Maybe 4, since the EPL is harder physically.
>>
>>63878641

Serie A is much less demanding physically. Yes Vardy might still improve as a player but not all the cryo chambers in the world can keep him in this form for a full season.
>>
£CHAT SHIT GET BANGED
>>
>>63878677
>Serie A is much less demanding physically

True, but you're missing the fact that Di Natale IMPROVED, whereas Vardy just needs to keep this up. Not to mention Di Natale started improving at about 31, Vardy is 28.
>>
>>63878664

>midget 1 season wonder pace babby
>playing at PL standard in his mid 30s
>>
>>63878600
why do people still rate sterling? have you ever watched a city game? he literally just runs around aimlessly
>>
>>63878701
>mid 30s

4 years he'll be 32, that's not mid 30's m9o
>>
>>63878706
because De Bruyne makes him look decent

watch him near the box or in the box

he stands there panicking looking for somebody else to give it too because he has 0 confidence
>>
He needs Mahrez with him to perform desu
>>
>>63878721

In 4 years time he'll be a month off 33.

How many good PL strikers are there in their 30s? Even genuine quality ones like RVP dropped off a cliff when they turned 30
>>
>>63878696

Good point but I still think his record is partly about smaller clubs reaching their fitness peak earlier than the eventual top-4. He could play for almost any team right now but would probably be a disappointment next season, especially in a side that plays possession based football.
>>
>>63878751
guess pace babby's like him need support. he could get better with time tho.
>>
>>63878769
This, he's a system babby. Great in his current environment but it will fail anywhere else.
>>
>>63878771
Just because there aren't a lot doesn't mean there CAN'T be one. First of all, very few clubs even try and play strikers past 30. And second, there are PLAYERS with pace who perform past 30. Granted, not a lot and they almost all drop off around after 32, but that still gives him 4 years.

>>63878774
Again, this relates to the above poster as well - what I'm saying is that Vardy CAN remain relevant in 4 years IF he does not switch club. If he is faced with competition for his spot, a change of style, change of training, etc. he will drop off really hard. This has been proven multiple times, for a lot of players.
>>
Apart from banging in goals, what else does Vardy bring? At least with someone like Benteke you got more than someone who knew where the net was
>>
>>63878831
I'd say that you can extend that to this entire leicester squad. As soon as you split them apart they'll all work to the level they're actually at of relegation places, but together they just work really well.

Team sport innit
>>
>>63876156
Depends if he plays for Southampton or not
>>
>>63878489
You're getting trolled senpai
>>
>>63878868
>what else does Vardy bring

You are disregarding the fact real, true poachers are seriously rare and a very valuable commodity nowadays.

Very few players develop as pure poachers in modern football and yet for managers, who influence transfer decisions or outright decide them, poachers can be a massive, massive asset.
>>
>>63878906
While that's true, they have to get the right sort of chances. People seem to be glossing over the fact that yesterday's goal was from a god tier through ball
>>
He'll flop in non-counter-attacking teams.
>>
>>63878868
Vardy's workrate and harrying is insane. He's like a not as good version as Suarez in basically all areas of his game really.
>>
Will him and Kane lead us to glory with Rooney deep in 2016?
>>
>>63878906
The last time I recall someone spending big money on a outright poacher was probably Villa when they bought Bent for £24mil. However, Bent did *fuck all* off the ball.
>>
>>63878863

>Just because there aren't a lot doesn't mean there CAN'T be one

I'm not saying he couldn't possibly. I'm saying he probably wont and whoever buys him, has to factor in that he probably wont last more than a season or 2.

It's like buying a second hand car. You COULD pay top dollar for a car with 100,000 miles on the clock, and it might last another decade. But it probably wont and it'd probably turn out to be a lousy investment.

If anybody pays more than £20 million for Vardy they're retarded
>>
>>63879037
He saved them from relegation, which is funny when you look at the league table now
>>
>>63879024
only way we get glory is if rooney gets injured and hodgson dies so we'll be forced to get replacements
>>
>>63876156
30m, his age and nationality cancel each other. But Mahrez and Drinkwater deserve a ton of credit.
>>
>>63879066
Yeah he did. His lack of work off the ball though became a problem.
>>
>>63878376
Because only big clubs will have all the talented players? It is why baseball/nba got a luxury tax, and the NFL and NHL have salary caps.
>>
>>63879115
>luxury tax

Never stopped Lakers from going way over it to win rings. Or Mavs or any rich club.
>>
>>63879115

>we must spread the wealth evenly between team comrade
>we should reward shit teams and good teams equally
>it's only fair

Fuck off commie
>>
>>63879169
Shit teams actually get more since they have a better chance of getting a good draft pick. It's literally better to be last than 5th best, or even second best team.
>>
>>63879115
>entire country is based on the fact that people with money and people with guns are the most powerful
>hurr sporting parity europoors are dumb xd
why not let your people stock up on tyrones and jeromes rather than share them out?
>>
Thread went full >>>/int/ real quick
>>
>>63879315
DUDE
>>
>>63878657
>poor mans Robben
>literally cost more than Robben
>>
>>63879808
DESIGNATED
>>
>>63880064
thats why everybody was laughing at city when the deal was announced
>>
>>63876156
Depends, in a small club maybe 20mil, in a money club like city 70mil.
>>
>>63880106
TOILETS
>>
>>63877574
this
and they got battered by the first actually good team they played

EPLEL
>>
>>63880064
Being younger and a meme player does that to your market value
>>
>>63880160
PLUMBING
>>
Fans talk a lot of shit about transfer politics. Who fucking cares how much owners pay, it's not your money. The returns from the new TV deal make all this Football Manager bullshit largely irrelevant.

Leicester won't sell him for £30m, because the billionaire owners don't need the money. They have a guy that can't stop scoring, which brings worldwide free publicity. They want to expand all over their region, and Vardy is helping them do exactly that.
>>
>>63880786
Player power is a big thing though. Vardy isn't getting any younger and could want to move to a big club before it's too late.

Although it's unlikely to happen in january
>>
Guys..............guys.............guys.........What if...............Vardy never stops scoring and scores a goal every game until he retires?
>>
>>63881007
It depends on people chatting shit, obviously
>>
>>63880982
You're right, but they can afford to pay him a lot more, and they will. That's not going to cause a problem in the dressing room either, the team know he works his arse off for them.

Also, they're probably going to finish top 6-7, and the big sides are all over the place at the moment. It's possible he could go, but I don't see it. That would be a symbolic failure for the owners. They sold Ranieri a big project with constant progression, not some moneyball selling meme.

Mahrez is the one they'll have to struggle over, because he's more likely to get a crazy offer from abroad.
>>
>>63881007
If that's the case and United buy him, they'll be champions and have a decent shot at CL victory

>1-0 wins all day erryday
>>
>>63880786

>it's not your money

Tell that to the Arsenal Fans paying £64 for a ticket to watch them lose to West Ham
>>
>>63881196
Arsenal fans are sick masochists, there's a never ending line of them begging for it.
>>
i'd rather have Mahrez at City
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.