[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most overrated quaterbacks in the NFL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: flacco.jpg (44 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
flacco.jpg
44 KB, 534x401
Joe Flacco is the most overrated QB. Matt Ryan comes in a close second followed by Phillip Rivers.
>>
>>63861269
Except Flacco has a super bowl ring. He was super bowl MVP, has a winning playoff record, and got Montana's record for most TD passes in the playoffs without an interception.
He's having some down years, but he's still elite.
>>
>>63861269
$cam is easily the most overrated
Hes a defense babby

Wilson too but hes less and less relevent as the days go by
>>
>>63863905
Lithuania bro knows what's up. Anons love spamming muh 120 million but the reality is that this will get restructured and rice's contract is still fucking us over. Ravens are in rebuilding mode after a decade+ of good things and will be back
>>
This year it's scam pooton
>>
Brady is overrated. Clearly a product of a very successful system.
>>
>>63861269
Tom Brady is honestly no better than any other qb
>>
This year it's easily Newton.

Overall, probably Rivers
>>
File: 1448600373264.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448600373264.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63861269
>>
Rivers is usually top 5, this is just one of those down years he has every so often. Plus I can't name any target of his except a wait-he's-still-healthy Woodhead and that roider TE
>>
>>63865552
He's not clutch but thats not everything. He is having a really shit year tough.
>>
>>63861269

He isn't over or underrated. He's a good QB, just a quiet one.
>>
>>63863905
Flacco IS just Montana. Interchangeable nobody in the regular season, but get him to the playoffs and you have a beast.
>>
>>63863905
Flacco is nowhere near elite. He has playoff wins and won a Superbowl because he had weapons (Smith, Boldin, Rice) and the best defense in those years. Those get taken away and he sucks which has happened over the past couple years. An elite quarterback can get wins without those things, that's what makes them elite. He's average at best.
>>
>>63868059
The defense in 2012 was 16th ranked that year. That playoff run was all him.
>>
>>63868112
More so the people around him. He had great receivers and a running back.
>>
>>63865750
Montana led the league in TDs two times. Flacco has never been top 10 in TDs or yards in his entire career.
>>
>>63868059
That's what gets me when people say Flacco or Eli are better than Romo because they have rings. This is one of the best teams Romo's ever had and they LITERALLY can't win a single game without him
>>
>>63868193
Superbowls are not really a good way to measure unless they have 3 or 4 spanning over years showing they made it there with different players. When Eli won his second people were debating if he was better than Peyton just because he had two. Everyone knows there's no comparison there.

And remember REX GROSSMAN has been to a Superbowl.
>>
>>63861269
Matt Ryan is my fantasy QB and he's doing quit well, thank you.

>>63865463
kek, watch the end of first superbowl
>>
>>63861269
>overrated

Do you know what that word means? Flacco is netoriously shit on to the point of unfairness. He earned his pay and respect
>>
File: mortaldubs.jpg (60 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
mortaldubs.jpg
60 KB, 472x472
>>63868477
Check'em
>>
>>63865552
The Packers as a whole team have been overrated for years.
>>
>>63868545
Notoriously* sorry guys I'm on my phone taking a shit and expected the autocorrect to help me out, but it dropped the ball
>>
>>63868059
Like bolden and smith were that good... Bolden made some clutch catches there and there, but some god awful drops too. T smith could out-sprint corners in a straight line, but he never was a good route runner. So to say they ever were a top 15 WR in the league during their time in Baltimore, would be ridiculous. Flacco never had a real weapon to throw it to in his career(except Steve Smith, though he has dropped some TD passes lately).

If it weren't for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fpONkw6yk

>this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWCAoImpu0&index=178&list=WL

>this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIH-GrnnPVM

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seZ2s39oAWs

flacco would've gone to atleast 3 more super bowls and we wouldnt have this conversation right now.
>>
>>63865506
Newton has been overrated in other years. But this year he is doing it without wide receivers. He shouldn't be MVP but the offense is mostly on him.
>>
>>63868797
A lot of other QBs would have won one or multiple Superbowls if it weren't for one or two things so that argument is irrelevant.
>>
>>63869148
who? who has been gifted more with shitty receivers and dropped balls within the last few minutes of the game?

please show me
>>
Rivers is properly rated desu. Puts up elite regular season numbers and is recognized for it but cant win in the playoffs
>>
>>63863905
>Joe "I've never thrown for 4000 yds" flacco
>elite
Kek
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.