[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: xfl_logo.png (3 KB, 428x207) Image search: [Google]
xfl_logo.png
3 KB, 428x207
So what went wrong?
>>
Meme sport
>>
>>63853702

50% ownership by the WWE and 50% by NBC thus they had conflicting management and had problems making decisions. It was too ineffective an ownership structure.
>>
Oldfag here, I actually remember the XFL.

1. Poor level of play
2. The meme rules (scramble for the ball to determine possession instead of a coin toss) were horribly dangerous and had to be changed halfway through the year
3. Vince McMahon couldn't script the games to be exciting like he could with pro wrestling matches
>>
not enough He Hate Me
>>
>>63853702
Vince McMahon.
>>
>>63853814
>WWE
>Exciting
Shit is boring as fuck. It was totally carried by personalities that no longer exist in this day in age.

Once the novelty wore off. Everyone but rednecks realized it was ass.
>>
shit level of play and try hard advertising tactics

also every outdoor non NFL league fails
>>
>Scrub talent

>Announcers who knew shit about the sport and tried to treat it like wrestling

>Trying to add mandrama acting to the game when no one cared about it

>Pushing the "edginess" too hard

>Games were aired during the summer
>>
>>63853882
lol this is the only thing i remember about this league
>>
File: 1448737075970.jpg (70 KB, 375x528) Image search: [Google]
1448737075970.jpg
70 KB, 375x528
NO FAIR CATCHES IN THE XFL.
>>
Was it actually scripted?
>>
who /hehateme/ here?
>>
>>63862411
>No fair catches
>a bigger halo rule (5 yards) than college's halo rule (2 yards)
>>
Literally no passing allowed.
CBs suplexing WRs was fun in theory but it just didn't work out niggers.
>>
File: brie5.gif (2 MB, 346x331) Image search: [Google]
brie5.gif
2 MB, 346x331
>>63864817
>yfw he played in a Super Bowl
>>
>>63862411
Again, that was one of the meme rules that were horribly dangerous and led to an insane amount of injuries and had to be changed halfway through the season.
>>
>>63862002
>by personalities that no longer exist
Yeah that Vince accepted around them
>>
>>63853702
LAS VEGAS OUTLAWS HUA
>>
>>63853702
i recall watching some of the games but holy shit how times change, i think the nfl pussified my thinking cause all the highlights i've seen on youtube were fucking crazy.. i love it but then i realized how these niggas were probably fucked up major lol
>>
What was the name of that XFL qb that also played in an Owl? Grazziani? Maddox?
>>
>>63862002
>Once the novelty wore off. Everyone but rednecks realized it was ass.

nah man you just got older.

10 year old kids still love the WWE and will love it forever. Just saw a little bro in my building come back from the live event with a belt and tshirt with dad and mom in tow.
>>
>>63853702
they associated it with scripted wwf too much, and they used a ball that wasnt leather

fix those two and it woulda been gravy
>>
HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL NFL COMPETITOR:

League and teams owned solely by one large ownership group (MLS model)

Teams in mid sized cities who love CFB and don't have an NFL team. 14 Teams, 2 conferences. 8 teams make playoff. 13 week season with one bye week. Playoff games are played at the higher ranked team. Championship in a Neutral Location.

TEAMS:

EAST
Columbus Ohio ACES (history of aviation)
Louisville KY RIVERMEN
Hartford CT BLUES
Birmingham AL VULCANS
St. Louis ARCHES
Providence STEAMROLLERS
Norfolk, VA ADMIRALS
WEST

Sacramento MONARCHS
Portland AXMEN
Memphis PHARAOHS
Tulsa OILERS
Salt Lake City MINERS
Albuquerque COYOTES
Irvine, CA SURFERS
Play in Spring (USFL)

Draft players to directly compete with the NFL, have your draft on Day 2 of the NFL draft. That way players who are Day 2 players will also be drafted early by competing league.

Try to draft talented college players from the region of each team.

Relax pass interference rules.

All tickets to game in year one are $10.

Sign contract, any contract with FS1 or NBCUniversal or ESPN to broadcast games.

Games are played on Saturday and Sunday
>>
>>63874665
The USFL followed basically this kind of model, and it's the last league that had a great product to present compared to the NFL. The problem with these new leagues is that if they try to go up against the NFL they fail horribly because the NFL has a real monopoly in terms of media so you'll only get their games on literally who channels. And if you try to be a feeder league to the NFL, the league doesn't buy it and you fall into irrelevancy (see the FXFL that only has 3 teams this season)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.