[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could our brave boys beat the Patriots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: ameritards.png (30 KB, 474x262) Image search: [Google]
ameritards.png
30 KB, 474x262
Could our brave boys beat the Patriots?
>>
Lmao are these niggas serious?
>>
>be american
>think the troops are a mythical superhuman entity that can do no wrong

why do we do this
>>
>>63838696
>>63838720
It would probably have more to do with their $600,000,000,000.00 budget.
>>
>>63838720

Because we are brainwashed from a young age
>>
>implying handegg is even hard

it's just proto-military anyway

I'm sure a crack team of heavily tactical seals could score a touchdown.
>>
>>63838720
>be dumb
>fall for the bait
you're the real problem
>>
>>63838669

Don't the Army and Navy get embarrassed every year at a collegite level? Did UH just destroyed Navy today?
>>
>>63838720
Because the commercials say they recruit the best and brightest, it must be true.
>>
>>63838906
That's just because our best and brightest are actually FIGHTING not playing some DUMB sport like FOOTBALL
>>
>>63838952

okay there buddy. Sorry to tell you, but no marine is going to stop Ndamukong Suh.
>>
>>63838669
>young conservatives

Name a more shit group of human beings

Protip: You can't
>>
>>63839018
Patriots "fans"
There, I just did
>>
they aren't going to make a team out of their troops and win a super bowl, but the US military has more money than God. if "putting together a team and dominating the NFL" was in their best interest, they'd probably find a way.
>>
As long as they don't shoot each other like they did pat Tillman, then sure
>>
>>63839077
dubs confirms
>>
>>63839555
trips confirms dubs confirms
>>
I bet they could field a rugby team that could challenge an NFL team at rugby. But even then it would be some crazy roided up spec ops guys, probably not the infantry
>>
>>63838720
The government had to put the military on a pedestal to recover from the shithole that was Vietnam. Iraq was just as much of a shit hole as Vietnam but because we glorify the military so much now it lessens the outrage.
>>
File: downloadfile-35.jpg (36 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-35.jpg
36 KB, 390x470
>>63839077
>>63839555
>>
>>63838669
This really made me think, isn't it bullshit that some football player makes millions of dollars and our troops don't?
>>
>>63839844

No, take an economics class.
>>
>Young Conservatives

VIRGIN AND PROUD

NORMIES AND BLACKS GET OUTTT!!!!!!!!
>>
Navy was ranked 15th before they lost today
Its not THAT implossible
>>
The military is so incompetent that even with their budget and the ability to draft any American player they wanted to their team they'd probably go 6-10 in a season,

Also given military height and weight requirements nobody above 250 lbs would be able to play for the team so their lineman would take a fucking beating.

I have no idea how guys like http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jake_hawk_973680.html play for the military college football teams because they're far above military weight maximums. requirements.
>>
>>63840214
I looked it up because I was seriously confused

" Height and weight requirements. They differ slightly by academy, but at Air Force, a 6'4 applicant cannot weigh more than 221 pounds for admission -- and must also not weigh more than that upon graduation. In some cases at the academies, athletes can be over the height or weight limits but must still adhere to stringent body fat restrictions. This makes recruiting offensive linemen very difficult. "I'd love to have a bunch of 320-pound guys with good feet," Calhoun said. "We've never had a 285-pound kid, which is very small for a Division I offensive lineman. We usually average 255 pounds with our offensive line." "
>>
>>63840193
Even the #1 team in NCAA football would get steamrolled by the worst NFL team
>>
>Navy, Army, AF all have teams
>They're all ass

Nah bruh
>>
>>63840332
Alabama could beat an NFL team t.b.h
>>
File: 1924c0a.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1924c0a.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>63840528
Get real my man
>>
File: 00000106.jpg (23 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
00000106.jpg
23 KB, 225x300
>>63840034
>>
>>63840569
>Don't care about basketball
>Friends want to go to Bucks vs Celtics in Milwaukee
>"Sure, sounds fun"
>Realize Shaq will be there
>Get mega-hyped
>Spend the weeks leading up to the game hyped as fuck about Shaq
>Get there
>Looking everywhere for Shaq
>He didn't even make the trip

It was heart breaking
>>
>>63838774
>handegg
jesus, seeing someone who is this much of a cucck is depressing
>>
>>63838774
>Team of NAVY SEALs takes the field
>The general calls in a play
>NAVY SEALs snap the ball and run it right into the endzone
>It's the wrong endzone
>Get tackled for a safety
>They accidentally shoot two fans during the play
>>
Dear 'Murrica

I just realized your military is probably the single-most rich institution in the world

Thank you for being so based

Kisses,

Canada
>>
>>63839707

This. Before Top Gun happened people spat at/on 'Nam veterans and yelled things like "Murderer" and "Baby killer" at them.

Too bad the government doesn't put its money where it's mouth is, because they still treat veterans like garbage.
>>
If this were the case army would be a good team
>>
File: America.jpg (42 KB, 396x249) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
42 KB, 396x249
>>63841377
Top Gun saved the troops
>>
>>63838720

Its mostly just conservatives/republicans that do this.
>>
>>63841377

>people spat at/on 'Nam vets

Daily reminder this is a conservative myth with not a single reported instance by either the government or the press, used to stir up anger with the anti-war movement and help the Republican party win elections in the 1970's and 80's.
>>
>>63841502
Shut the fuck up you lying hippie.
>>
>>63841502
People did it to my grandpa when he got back. Was sad too. He still will cry about what happened over there when he starts drinking. Fucked up shit. Worst part is both Vietnamese aarmies actually used raiding and killing innocents as an official tactic.
>>
>>63840833
Thanks greatest ally
>>
>>63841589

your grandfather is a liar and a murderer, thankfully he will die soon.
>>
>>63841589

No, they probably didn't. He probably arrived at the airport and literally no one cared. Then he probably got on a bus and went home.

He probably did vote for Ford though
>>
>>63841651
What's your problem my man?
>>
>army quarterback throws ball to receiver
>misses and accidently bombs a hospital
>>
>>63839707
This post wins the internet.

The difference between the media now and then was before, TV was telling it like it is. THERE WAS MORE EMBEDDED FOOTAGE OF VIETNAM AIRED THAN IRAQ. It was a nightly show, you come home from work and see what the fucking troops were up to. These reporters were fucking doging bullets, people were losing limbs in front of the world.

Now the media is a fourth branch of government. Not only did they distribute the WMD propoganda that made Iraq possible, they made sure the issue never went beyond "muh troops" and provided the bare minimum coverage needed to qualify as journalism.

>>63841377
Lel top gun was one of many events that had to happen. If you were born in the mid 80's or later, you simply aren't old enough to personally know that soldier was culturally synonymous with coward, and not just among hippies. Personally I think vets deserve better than that, even Iraq ones; if nobody volunteered, they just would have drafted again. But you always have idiots like Chris Kyle who think they fired the shot that kept Al-Qaeda out of San Francisco. The people to blame are Dick Cheney and Rumsfield for thinking the invasion was gonna end in 3 months and they'd have a western imperial empire set up in 10 years.

Worst part is we haven't learned; Assad is being set up as Raghead Hitler and people have already forgotten what happens when a deposed dictator leaves a power vacuum.
>>
>>63841681
>Implying hospitals aren't legitimate military targets
Do you even total war senpai?
>>
>>63839844

When Anhueser-Busch does a TV deal and army battles draw 30+ million viewers per broadcast, they will.
>>
>>63841724
The funniest part is how the intel obviously knew that the doctors were in the building in that recent MSF bombing.

I just want to be a fly on the wall in that room where the general said "fuck em". I'm liberal, but bandaging up guys who kill their own people isn't much of a public service nor is it a long term strategy for living
>>
>>63841657

People came back from Vietnam literally fresh off the fields. They'd take them straight from the battleground to the airport. A lot of them were still caked in blood and the immediate transition is part of the reason why Vietnam veterans are mentally ill to at least some degree.
>>
>>63841681
Holy fuck I kek'd
>>
>>63841964

>a lot of them were still caked in blood

Woah, slow down there with the smear ad writing, Elect Ronald Reagan 1980 campaign.

You guys won it, no need to keep pushing your mythos.
>>
>>63841863
I'm generally not one to defend to military but this is bullshit
>>
>Me: Hey, I know you didn't want to try anal for the first time. That was so brave of you.
>Random white woman: *Opens door. You know who is really brave. . .Our Troops. *shuts door.
>>
>>63838720

$650 billion dollars of the annual federal budget can buy a lot of propaganda
>>
>>63842042

>people aren't smart enough to make their own judgements

Why are liberals so pessimistic about humanity?
>>
>>63840288
The military academies used to be able to dominate in the early 90s because all of their players were extremely healthy and physically fit in a football era where anyone could really just try out for the team and get a spot.

Now we live in a time where positions are boiled down to a science and and certain body types and height are preferred but they conflict with military physical fitness standards because a 300 pound are 6'6 man are an extreme liability in combat.
>>
>>63841657
Ford was only president for one term and only got the job because Nixon resigned, here literally was no election for him.

And Ford was still a better President than the joke Jimmy Carter
>>
>>63840611
>spend week getting hyped
>checking injury reports not part of the hype process
>>
>>63838720
>>63842042
>>63838763
>>63838773
>>63838775
>>63838938
>>63839707
This is embarrassing- willing to admit what a brainwashed nation we are, but as soon as someone else points this out...

You're like black kids defending their mothers.
>>
>>63840528
Alabama would lose 54-0 against the Tennessee Titans
>>
File: 1405923814890.jpg (37 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1405923814890.jpg
37 KB, 400x320
>>63840742
>>
>>63841731
dude I would totally pay 59.99 to see some 18 yo dropout blow the heads of a bunch of towelheads in HD
>>
>>63842032
I found the reddit.
>>
>>63847868
Jimmy Carter was too good to be president

You hard hearted cunts didn't deserve him
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.