[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If either will retire or leave La Liga, do you think that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Ronaldo-Messi[1].jpg (112 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldo-Messi[1].jpg
112 KB, 1200x630
If either will retire or leave La Liga, do you think that will a paradigm shift in modern day football? I can see Messi retiring at Barca, but it looks like Ronaldo isn't so sure with Real anymore.
>>
Why would Halal want to spend 50M per year on an useless guy until he retires?
>>
Ronaldo will leave by the end of this season, mark my words.

He's sick of Benitez and Florentino backing up that retard will make him leave the team.
>>
>>63831890
Because they easily make that money back with merchandising. People keep saying the buy of Bale was a financial disaster given Bale's track record, but for Real he turned even months ago due to merchandising.
>>
>>63831920
yeah this plus the numerous let downs in players/managers being forced out like with ozil and ancelotti etc
>>
>If either will retire or leave La Liga, do you think that will a paradigm shift in modern day football?
No. Ronaldo isn't that good anymore and he wouldn't be a great loss for Madrid, while Messi still has 4-5 great years left in him and has a GOAT apprentice in Neymar.
>>
>>63831943
>he turned even months ago due to merchandising.
>I literally do not know how clubs make money
This is whole "they can pay that much money for players because they make it up in merchandising" is one big meme (especially if you include wages as well).
>>
>>63831943
>>63832036
Basically this.

If you think that a player can report to his club more than 50 milions per year on a losing season and that he'll keep doing it in his decline...
>>
>>63832036
Clubs can get a significant amount if they manage to negotiate part of players image rights deals.
>>
>>63832272
Securing player's image rights means that the club can use his image to market itself for free (or for a reduced price). It's a way of saving money, not making it.
>>
Do you people honestly believe Real only makes money when they win cups?
>>
CR7 to MLS when?
>>
>>63832602
No one said that. Learn reading comprehension.
>>
>>63832602
Do you honestly believe that Ronaldo generates more than 50 milions to Real per year?
>>
>>63832630
Do you honestly believe that Ronaldo gets paid $50M in cash annually?
>>
File: player salaries.png (41 KB, 1148x810) Image search: [Google]
player salaries.png
41 KB, 1148x810
>>63832655
Yes?

35M in wages, 30M in endorsements/ads.

Both Missi and Penaldo oscilate between $65-80m/yr. Never seen those "Highest Paid Athletes" Forbes lists?
>>
>>63832655
>http://www.forbes.com/pictures/giig45jli/2-cristiano-ronaldo/
According to Forbes it's $52m in salary alone
>>
>>63832655
No. I said he costs 50m anually, not that he gains that. But Real has to pay taxes.

With the "Beckham law" it was only a 24% in taxes, now it's a 52% and he gains 20M per year plus the 50% of his image club rights. So the cost is 50M more or less.
>>
>>63832690
>everton

wtf
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.