[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is his career over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: romo-scruff-670x451.jpg (63 KB, 670x451) Image search: [Google]
romo-scruff-670x451.jpg
63 KB, 670x451
is his career over?
>>
>>63828847
injury's to his non-throwing shoulder, so should be back full strength after like 10 months to rest it. He'll be 36 in the spring, so he's got 1-2 more seasons of playing at a top-level, then probably another 1-2 seasons of playing like Peyton. I don't see him holding up as well with age as Brady or even Peyton (who really only started playing like crap over the last year).

That said, at his age injuries don't heal as well The shoulder won't be a problem, but if he gets another injury like to his back or throwing shoulder that might be something he can't come back from.
>>
>>63828847
Technically ? No.
But he'll never even be meme worthy again.
>>
>>63828961
he was playing the best football of his life less than a year ago. He lead the NFL in QB rating last year, and set the record for best December of all-time. An injury to his non-throwing shoulder isn't going to take him down much, and while he's getting old I don't think it will affect him for another couple years.
>>
>>63828951
the problem is he broke the same bone multiple times and it gets weaker every time you do that.
>>
>>63829000
>playing the best football of his life

You mean had a run game
>>
>>63828847
>Contract until 2020
>Heavy dead cap until 2018

Nope
>>
>>63828847

he just can't stay healthy
>>
File: kaep.png (382 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
kaep.png
382 KB, 630x420
>>63829049
You know who else is under contract until 2018/20?
>>
>>63828847
I'd be more optimistic if he had stayed out the whole year and not broken it again. Still, not a career-ending injury. If Dallas can make some moves in the offseason and get rid of all the garbage on defense, I'd say they have a good shot next year.

I also said that last year. So fuck me.
>>
They will draft a QB in one of the first two rounds. They have to. He's going to be 36 years old with 3 injuries to the same shoulder.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (24 KB, 400x237) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
24 KB, 400x237
>>63829189
>signing with a quill
>>
Giants bro here.

I have a lot of respect for Romo, he plays some damn good football but will never be able to carry the Cowboys without a run game like last year.

He winds up taking way too many hits because of his meme habits behind the LOS and holds the ball too long if Dez/Witten aren't immediately open.

That, compounded with his fragility makes him a ticking time bomb for shit like this.
>>
>>63829030
First time he ever had a coach that was willing to run it. There were plenty of seasons where they had at least a decent run game but coaches still called 3:1 pass-run ratio when they were ahead. Cowboys were predictable and one dimensional due to poor coaching
>>
>>63828951
>he's got 1-2 more seasons of playing at a top-level
>top-level
>>
>>63829391
>I have a lot of respect for Romo, he plays some damn good football but will never be able to carry the Cowboys without a run game like last year.

it was just so stupid to get rid of demarco murray in favor of dez. while dez is talented, he's only talented when it favors him. demarco murray, at oklahoma, played all out. you don't see dez stretching out or putting himself out there to catch a hard ball.

i'd rather have a guy with heart over one with slightly more talent, but no fire in his gut for anyone but himself.
>>
>>63831069
>lead the league in qb rating last season
>6th highest season of all time
>set a record for best December ever in his last month
but yeah he's totally shit tier

>>63831135
demarco is playing so well too!
Dez>Demarco. Especially after Demarco was coming off a 400 carry season. Remember Larry Johnson? It sucks for Demarco but RBs don't usually play at a top-level for long, especially after as many carries as he had
>>
>>63831135
running backs are never worth the money.
>>
>>63831664
>but yeah he's totally shit tier
Romo's not as good as you claim thanks to watered down NFL passing rules.

But even if he were, he's still totally shit because no QB in history has ever won a game from the hospital.
>>
>>63828847
Probably not, but hehe should take the next 8 months or so to recuperate, and return to training camp physically recovered and ready to go.
>>
>>63831135

>investing in RBs in the NFL
>ever
>>
File: get_off_with_me.png (374 KB, 485x602) Image search: [Google]
get_off_with_me.png
374 KB, 485x602
>>63833364
How many playoff wins does Romo have again?
>>
>>63829189
He can be released if he's not injured tho
>>
>>63833364
But don't the other QBs have the same rules? It's not like Romo has a separate set of rules. So why aren't there consistently 5+ QBs better than him every year? Name even three QBs better than Romo last season. You can't, yet they all had the same rules he did
>>
>>63833823
Without looking it up, I can't think of any. But I'm not claiming Romo is a great QB.
>>
>>63835496
Romo had the best statistical season of any QB in the NFL last year, it seems. Fine.

But one season doesn't count. Even trash like Matt Cassell and Mark Rypien once had really good seasons.

I'm saying Romo is a good QB but he's not great. Despite his best ranking last season, why did Dallas lose to GB in the playoffs? Last year's Dallas team was probably the strongest I can remember in the pure-Jerruh era.

GB was not a great team loaded with talent, either. Outside of the QB position and the #2 WR positions, I think Dallas was the stronger team overall.
>>
>>63829011
Bones get weaker when they shatter. Bones actually get stronger the more you break them.
>>
>>63836103
You're saying we should keep breaking Romo's bones?
>>
>>63829189
C A N A D I A N F O O T B A L L B O YZ
>>
>>63835827
>I can't think of any
>literally just started watching football this season
>>
>>63835892
So is Brady aa choker because of 18-1? Is Rodgers a choker because of 2011?
>>
>>63837306

Looking over the careers of two QBs, no, since they've had more successes than Romo having gone further in the playoffs than Romo ever has, having a better win-loss record in the playoffs than Romo.

The Packers' 2011 season was a choke of pretty massive proportions and Rodgers has to live with it. However, it's not usual for them to do that.

As for Brady 2007, even if it is a choke, it's a choke that occurred in the SB which is more than Romo has ever accomplished and likely more than he ever will accomplish.

You're picking single data points to make a point. Looking over the careers of the top QBs of the past few years, there's a very clear body of evidence that Romo is a lesser QB than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, etc.

Put it this way: It's the draft and a 22-23 year old Romo, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc. are available and you have the first pick of the draft. You're saying you'd spend your pick on Romo?
>>
If we don't get a solid back who can get 75+ yards on 20 carries every game then he might as well quit now. People who think our oline can make ANY back good are retarded
>>
>>63835892
>why did Dallas lose to GB?

Because what should have been a catch wasn't ruled as such.

And the Pack always has Dallas' number.
>>
>>63837827
I would take Brady/Rodgers/Peyton. Romo would be #4 though

>>63838390
Also it was in lambeau. And Romo played well, regardless of whether the TEAM won or lost. Just looked it up: 143 QB rating, and that's without the dez "catch". But apparently the football exists consider 2 tds / 0 ints, 190 yards on 19 attempts, to be choking by a garbage QB.

IIRC, it set the record for best QB performance ever in a playoff loss... But plebs will blame Romo regardless
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 800x600
>>63828847
Did he ever actually have one?

He's not going anywhere near the HOF and will not be remembered by anyone accept the most dead-ender sports fans in 10 years

"Oh yeah, I remember that guy... "
>>
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 1600x900
>>63837306
Shouldn't you be in hospice care, Jerruh?
>>
>>63828951
>He'll be 36 in the spring
Wait, what? I thought he was 29 at the oldest.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.