[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ETERNAL ARSENAL THREAD, TOO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: arsenal girl.jpg (72 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
arsenal girl.jpg
72 KB, 1024x1024
Guys, I have a serious question. Please, no jokes.
I am an Arsenal fan and I always hear about Yanks supporting Arsenal. Is that a fact or just meme?
Also, since Arsenal haven't had the same success as other English and European teams, and because, I assume, most Americans have started following football fairly recent compared to other nations; shouldn't they be like your average gloryhunter (sorry) that only support successful teams?
For example, in my country, football is more popular than in the States, but because most of us, excluding me of course, have started following football from ~2005, everyone is either a Madridista or Barca. No one even knows most English teams. So, why do Americans support Arsenal instead of ManU? Or El Classico instead of the EPL?
THANKS.
>>
because americans are dumb and that's why they would support a dumb team
>>
>>63827218
I said no jokes, cunt.
>>
arsenal are the best, will win the league this season
>>
Cause they're nickname has to do with guns
>>
>>63827186
ill take the bait.

more peopel suppport an u here than any other, but those are mostly arabs.

you can find support for every pl team, you are meming the meme
>>
Arsenal is very much a franchise and a brand, I think that attracts Americans because it has a clear identity and method, it's a very easy club to follow because you get spoon fed every aspect of the club and can know everything relevant about the club in a week or two because of Wenger being there for 20 years so you don't have to grow up around the club to join in on proper discussions.
>>
File: 1446019162942.png (2 MB, 1067x707) Image search: [Google]
1446019162942.png
2 MB, 1067x707
>>63827296
it's not a fucking meme. just answer.
>>63827272
>>63827286
no fucking memes
>>
>>63827320
you are almost correct

Arsenal is in fact popular among americans because arsenal is the most keked team in the world and americans can relate
>>
>>63827324
Those are all Mertesacker's kids.
>>
File: the arse.jpg (414 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
the arse.jpg
414 KB, 940x705
>>63827320
So, why are there too many eternal arsenal threads. i always thought i was the only fucking one who supported arsenal.
>>
File: twitter map.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
twitter map.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1687
>>63827320
Only the just and righteous support the Arsenal.
>>
File: jenko.jpg (189 KB, 393x594) Image search: [Google]
jenko.jpg
189 KB, 393x594
>>63827350
Love the fact that WESTERN EUROPE and New England, the best places in Europe and America respectively, support us. thanks for making me happy, Mr Farage.
>>
>>63827350
why do Slavs support Sunderland?
Is it because they both wear tracksuits and can't speak English?

>inb4 Man City
>>
I support Arsenal and AC Milan. Why? Because when I used to play Fifa 2006 on PlayStation 2 they were the first teams that came up when you picked uk or Italian leagues. To this day I can name the 2006 starting 11 for both teams. No idea who is on them today though.
>>
>>63827389
begovic?
>>
>>63827385
desu senpai the west is so keked wanting their support shouldn't be sought after
>>
>>63827421
THE WEST IS THE BEST, MATE.
>>
>>63827412
Begovic plays for Chelsea

Before that he played for Stoke
>>
>>63827412
Begović is canadian :^)
>>
>>63827389

Isn't that Manchester City? Would make sense since the area of City support roughly covers Bosnia.
>>
>>63827438
>Begovic plays for Chelsea
pretty sure the map is at least a year old

>Before that he played for Stoke
right. did some other player from bosnia play for sunderland?

or this >>63827445
>>
>>63827412
he played for Stoke before Chelsea

>>63827436
Only reason Arsenal is on that map so much because Arsenal fans are all fucking over twitter
>>
>>63827458
Fucksake Liam, get the fuck out of my thread.
>>
I personally became a fan because of Ozil. I never really followed the sport, but Ozil was always who I watched. So when I decided to follow the Premier League, I sort of adopted Arsenal because my favorite player plays for them
>>
>>63829233
I actually started watching the Premier League because of Ballack, and because I had a lot of time to fill. Started really liking Arsenal in 2010/11, them getting Podolski and Özil was the last nail in the coffin for me, watch every game now.
>>
>>63827186
I'm a Yank that likes Arsenal. Maybe I can answer. I was like 15 it was around 2005 and my parents got a obscure TV package and we got a few britbong channels. The britbong channels showed some epl games and Arsenal was on ALOT cause it was the Henry days. So I just took a liking to them and stuck with it. Kind of boring story but the best answer i can give you really
>>
>>63827186
>why do English-speaking people tend to bandwagon Englishit teams
>>
>>63827186
who is this qt?

no pedo
>>
I support Everton because the are a respectable mid-upper table team who 2 American heros have played for. Any other team would just be bandwagoning if I'm going to be honest
>>
When the globalisation of the Premier League came in the early 00s Arsenal were the fashionable stylish sophisticated team with a reputation for playing 'pretty' football, therefore becoming the foreign bandwagoner's choice.
>>
>>63827324
>none of the arenal utes will make it
feels bad man.jpg
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.