[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/futbol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: messi.jpg (97 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
messi.jpg
97 KB, 1600x900
I want to get into soccer/divegrass/futbol, and the only name I know is Lionel Messi. Please help me
>>
That's all you need to know
>>
le cut inside man
>>
You have to watch Olympic diving competitions in order to be familiarized with the proper diving technique if you want to decently play or watch it.
>>
File: cutinside.jpg (49 KB, 732x531) Image search: [Google]
cutinside.jpg
49 KB, 732x531
Can I bandwaggon Bayern?

They have the best memes.
>>
>>63818864
Anyone except Barca is acceptable
>>
>>63818802
Hi my American brother from another mother. Let's get you sorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toeSHvfxuL8
>>
>TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES >TORRES Is a name you should know too
>>
well, we know you're new as fuck since you don't know our lord and saviour Torres
>>
>>63820413
and shit like this is why 12 year olds think ronaldo is better than messi, the beauty of highlights
>>
>>63820547
All three Ronaldo's are better than Messi. Messi is hardly the best player in Barcelona ffs.
>>
>>63820725
THE Ronaldo was Better than everyone. Ronaldinho would have been the GOAT if only he had just a minimum amount of work ethics. CR works very hard, but people will always compare him to Messi while the world compares Messi to Pele and Maradona.
>>
Watch the world cup/international teams and then follow the clubs of your favourite players.

You can also watch the best teams in each major league and see which style your prefer since they play differently in each country.

Watch some club derbies also since they're usually intense and pay attention to transfer news to see where the good players go and if you like them enough to follow them from club to club.

Glhf.
>>
>>63820977
>CR works very hard, but people will always compare him to Messi while the world compares Messi to Pele and Maradona.

that's funny since CR7 is better than Pele and Maradona
>>
>>63820977
>he will be compared to the guy who gets compared to Pele and Maradona

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
Try to keep up with the champions league.
>>
>>63820977
Ronaldinho prime is the GOAT
>>
thanks for taking an interest in our sport Mr. Big Strong American
>>
>>63823914
Not anymore, he was dethroned by Messi and Messi will make way for Nerman. It is known.
>>
Don't worry you're on the same level as every other Messhit and Barcelona bandwagoner
>>
>>63818802
First of all, dont be like the typical american soccer fan in /sp/ and choose a shitty team from england to show your a hispter fag instead of a bandwagonner.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM. Thats the only team your allowed to support. You may watch other teams play and enjoy them but dont say its 'your team'.

Now heres a list of tournaments you should follow
MUST WATCH TIER:
Champions League
World Cup
Eurocup
This will be enough to show you the best quality of the game in the world. If you didnt liked the games in these tournaments, you dont really enjoy the sport and you should stop.

If you enjoyed the quality of play here, heres another list of leagues/tournaments you should watch
(PRETTY GUD TIER):
Copa America
Premier league
Bundesliga
La Liga
(any match your local team plays)
(any match your country plays)

Then, you can watch other leagues/teams of your choice, if you like enough the sport.
>>
>>63820413
>you now remember england 2010 had a starting strikeforce of Emile Heskey and Peter Crouch
>>
support Portland Timbers

watch the MLS Cup Final

watch Champions Meme
>>
>>63824482
Yes anon I will become Timbers fan.
>>
File: 6AoPRZn.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6AoPRZn.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>63824159

As a New Yorker, my choices in team are NYCFC or Red Bulls, neither of which holds much appeal. I don't approve of any team named after a product/company, and can just barely accept branded jerseys. As for NYCFC, I feel the community here has said all that needs to be said, certainly you've seen pic related?

MLS in general seems rather shit to me. The only team I might be interested in are the Cosmos, as they at least have some history, but from what I've heard they are rather second rate and are therefore hard to get excited about.

I could see where you're coming from if the US had a richer history in the sport, but for now I think all I can do is bandwagon Euro clubs and hold out until something more interesting comes along.
>>
File: tf tt.png (7 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
tf tt.png
7 KB, 300x270
>>63823764
>that's funny since CR7 is better than Pele and Maradona
>>
>>63824159
I studied in Barcelona for a year primarily so I could root for them without being a bandwagoner para ser honesto, familia
>>
File: 0798 - SUEUtQN.png (47 KB, 318x317) Image search: [Google]
0798 - SUEUtQN.png
47 KB, 318x317
watch EPL and EPL only

be a Manchester united fan, the best team in the world

i welcome you, my friend

one of us
>>
File: 1447413037353.jpg (47 KB, 490x371) Image search: [Google]
1447413037353.jpg
47 KB, 490x371
>>63826659
the fuck do you want to make him hate the sport?
>epl
enjpy being miserable at CL
>United
if he wants to sleep he already has boreball
>>
>>63824159
world and euro cup are shit tier quality wise. it's all hype, and that's fine, but you'd be better off watching one of the big 4 leagues if you were in it for the sport rather than the prestige.
>>
>>63818802

nobody cares faggot
>>
>>63824665
The whole franchises thing in American soccer should made an exception to the "support your local team" meme. But it doesn't mean they should be "allowed" to "we" European teams.

You should pick some NASL (second tier American soccer) team, since they seem less enterprise iirc. And if you don't like that, just watch any important competition without being fan of any club. Footy is pretty enjoyable for itself, don't need to be a fan of any club.
>>
File: league coefficients.jpg (25 KB, 642x120) Image search: [Google]
league coefficients.jpg
25 KB, 642x120
The premier league is the most popular league but the quality of teams is atrocious there. They have the highest average quality in terms of players but tactically and in terms of world-class players they are absolute shite. It is the most entertainingg and least-tactical football and thus lines up perfectly with american sensibilitys.

La Liga has 2 interesting teams, who are expected to beat everybody else in the league. But the tactical quality, even of the lower teams is pretty good. The huge gap between budgets makes it pretty one-sided though and both Barca and Real are run by retards.

Italy is a dead league, tactically very interesting but in terms of quality pure shite, with teams that overspend massively on wages and fees

Germany is tactically good, has improved massively in the last 5 years in terms of quality. With a better average quality than Italy and Spain but worse than England. Though Bayern has assembled the best squad in their history and atleast just by players stands above everything else in Europe right now (Yes, i know Ney-Sua-Messi, but look at how packed the Bayern-squad is, it's incredible) so nobody can compete with them which makes the title race boring. Due to only having 18 teams the relegation and european qualification battles are very intense though and the football is also entertaining.
>>
>>63826639
it doesn't work like that, anyone who starts supporting Barca at any time is a bandwagoner.

If you want to start, what kind of style of play do you like, slow build up? direct play? fast fluid play? etc
>>
File: average hue meal.jpg (276 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
average hue meal.jpg
276 KB, 900x1200
>>63818802
>it's a BIG STRONG AMERICAN thread
>>
>>63824665
>hold out until something more interesting comes along
Faggot casual way of thinking imo, if you cant be arsed to watch your local team because its not "natural" enough or good enough then all you care about is saying you support x team, NYCFC sounds just like the plastic fuccboi franchise for youv
>>
>>63827815
German teams have a terrible record against English teams in the CL going back forever, even in just the last 5 years or so when there hasn't been a standout English team German teams have still got a terrible record against them in both the CL and EL

Can you even attempt to quantify 'tactical knowledge'?
The Bundesliga has the most long balls and aerial duels of any of the top leagues by a very long distance, is that quality football?
Do coaches suddenly lose all 'tactical awareness' when they move to the PL, for example did Pellegrini go from a savvy european coach at Malaga to an idiot at Man City and how about Klopp - is he now yet another naive English coach?

>the quality of teams is atrocious there
If you're going to open your post with that you should be able to back it up
>>
>>63818802
BIG STRONG AMERICAN PLEASE WATCH OUR SPORT
>>
>>63823914
He's a meme.
>>
>>63818802

Firstly you need to chose a club, i suggest a club from epl because its the easiest way to get more into divegrass trough epl, beacuse every weekend there are atleast few very decent and competetive games.

When you chose a club just start watching their every match and you'll be hooked.

Don't chose bayern or barca because that's no fun.
And don't support liverpool because that too is no fun.

Start supporting Chelsea because they are utter shite now and you can get used to dissapointment in football, and in a same way they are quite succsesful.

Or start bandwagoning Atletico or even maybe West Ham because they are not top club but have amazing potential, and every win means way more than a win for bayern or barca
>>
>>63823764
Please be quiet.
>>
File: soccer.gif (4 MB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
soccer.gif
4 MB, 425x425
>>63828759
>if you cant be arsed...then all you care about is

Way to project faggot.
>>
>>63820310

kek why? Because they're the best?

Funny how it was more acceptable to bandwagon barcelona when they sucked those two seasons.
>>
>>63818802
>Please help me
Just start bandwagoning/watching Barca. Trust me. You won't regret it.
>>
>>63828949
Bundesliga needs a group of 4/5 big clubs who play international football every year. We always had a high fluctuation which hurts us because the newcomers lose their matches.
>>
>>63823914
> Americans actually believe this
>>
>>63824159
>La Liga that low

la liga should be above Copa America desu
>>
>>63829783

wtf is this
>>
>>63831026
>they don't do this on eggball
>>
>>63831026
Somekind analgesic spray. It's used when players had a "paralytic hit", which it's painful for muscle but nothing severe as an articulation problem/luxatin.

IIRC of course
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.