[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/box/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fury.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fury.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
Not long now.
Predictions? for me 5-7th round stoppage win for Wlad.
>>
>>63804382
>eastern european machine vs manc gyppo
>people actually think fury will win
>>
>>63804470
Fury can box. but nowhere near Wlads standard
>>
Wlad is obviously most likely to win but I think Fury has a much better chance than most people are making out

Wlad is obviously a very accomplished longstanding champion with a ludicrous amount of experience and an overall extremely solid defensive and offensive skillset - the best of what we've seen of Wlad batters the best of what we've seen of Fury

HOWEVER

Wlad is 39, he's going to start declining soon if not already - the pulev fight was impressive but it's not like pulev really did anything to worry the ukrainian or shake him up

he made hard work of jennings and maybe looked a little bit more his age in that fight

Fury on the other hand has been improving in every fight he's had, and in most of them he's been quite some way from what could be considered peak physical condition. He's 27 now, and if he comes in in good shape he's faster (except maybe with the jab) and quicker on his feet than klitschko; not by a lot, but he does have a slight edge.

Fury has also displayed a lot of maturity in his recent fights, he was very methodical in his beating the everloving shit out of the last two journeymen he swept away, so those saying he'll rush in, chat shit and get banged early are probably in for a bit of a surprise. The biggest worry for fury is his defence- will he be able to contain the extremely effective outside game wlad brings to the table? A lot of the reason wlad is so effective is that his jab is a proper weapon - enough of those land and you're going to start getting more than a bit dizzy.

Wlad is a super orthodx boxer and someone hoping to beat him at his current experience level (forget those other losses he was nowhere near the fighter he is today in those) has got to mix it up, disrupt his rhythm and plant doubt in wlads mind fairly early on. Wlad is not a stupid pitbull, and will realise if he's in danger of being ko'd. Fury is going to have to bring his absolute A game to beat wlad, and I think he might.
>>
>>63804774

tl;dr two very intelligent boxers with heavily contrasting styles, wlad getting old fury coming u. Both chinny so KO likely

Wlad KO Fury rnds 4-6 or gruelling pts win chess match

OR
Fury KO wlad rnds 9-11

tough to call though, the pikey deserves respect
>>
Probably the most hype Ive been for a Klitsckho fight in a while.

Hope Fury gets BTFO though honestly
>>
>>63804898
why?
>>
>>63805099
No real reason. Rubs me the wrong way a bit, dont really want him to be the one to upset Klitsckho.

Wont be upset if he puts on a great fight and takes it though.
>>
>>63805164
fair enough. If he doesn't though I can't see any of the others beating him at their current level or even maturing quickly enough - wlad will probably retire at around 41

Joshua will be good enough one day but Wlad won't risk bowing out on him in 2 years when joshua is ready

Wilder would get fucking steamrollered by klitschko, and I don't think povetkin has improved enough to demand a rematch or even beat him if they did fight again

povetkin is also old as fuck which i keep forgetting
>>
>>63804774
it's funny how you consider Christian Hammer a journeyman, I had pretty high hopes for his pro career but he has massively underachieved when you consider his strong Amateur record that rivaled Fury's
>>
>>63805294
36 he still got some years in him, other than his last fight Povetkin for me has cemented his place as world number 2, he doesn't shy from fights and has beaten a few bigger guys. People maybe starting to realise there are great HW fights outside of Wlad v whoever, Lucas Browne vs Rusland Chagaev is coming up for some paper world title and that should be a good fight imo.
>>
>>63805432
yeah it should be good

This is why I'm hoping Fury won't retire if he loses, for me he's an entertaining fighter as well as a big mouth and he's a lot better than the vast majority of the heavyweights
>>
>>63805636
He won't retire, prob box till he's 50
>>
>Clinchko: George Foreman
>Fury: Muhammad Ali
>>
The only thing I'm hoping for is a Bowe-Golota style riot with the Mayor of Kiev sparking out Gypsy John in the crowd
>>
Wlad has this sport down to a fucking science and despite him being a 39 year old, he will destroy fury.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.