[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You now realize that with Kobe, Bonds, and Tiger on their way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 12tbrady101.jpg (228 KB, 760x901) Image search: [Google]
12tbrady101.jpg
228 KB, 760x901
You now realize that with Kobe, Bonds, and Tiger on their way out, Brady is the only American GOAT remaining from the 2000s.
Let's be thankful we still have Tom to cheer on.
If you are thankful this year, reply "thank mr brady" to this post.

thank mr brady
>>
>>63790344
>Kobe, Bonds and Tiger on their way out

What the fuck, did you find this post in a time-capsule from 2008?
>>
thank mr brady
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 111x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 111x144
>>63790344
>>
>3 cheaters and a rapist

The 00s sucked
>>
>>63790344
Thank Mr Romo.
>>
>>63790344
Thank you Mr.skeletal
>>
>>63790344
>forgetting LeGod
>Brady anything but a cheat

These are the choices you made.
>>
thank mr brady
>>
File: i.png (116 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
i.png
116 KB, 350x254
>not realizing the new goat has officially arrived
>>
>>63790344

thank mr brady
>>
>>63790653
>new goat

implying such a thing exists
>>
>>63790653
He only exists due to the NBAs constant pussiness of its rules over the last 15 years. At least with Lebron he is a physical specimen. This fucking half breed couldn't push his way through a class of 5th graders.
>>
File: Why Is Chinatsu So Shit.png (415 KB, 654x702) Image search: [Google]
Why Is Chinatsu So Shit.png
415 KB, 654x702
>T*m Brady
>>
>>63795686
>muh physical specimens

stick to concussionegg, cletus

steph is a master technician and taking basketball back to its roots as a skill sport
>>
>Look at how big of a dick this guy has
>Look
>>
>>63795686
basketball was a non contact sport. lebron is only good because he can bully past anyone with his size. steph can shoot the ball from fucking anywhere. i dont give two shits if deondre jordan can push through 5th graders if he cant make shit.

and i dont even watch apehoop
>>
>>63795686
No. Curry would dominate in any era with the 3 point line.
>but they used to play more physical D
This isn't going to stop his quick release. At all.
>>
>>63795718
>just throw up 3's and refs makes sure he never gets touched in the paint
>roots of basketball

Okay kid, soon the NBA will rid the sport of all defense and we can see scores into the mid 100's.
>>
how big is his cock do you think
>>
>>63795746
>basketball was a non contact sport.
what the fuck are you talking about
have you ever even hooped my nigga?
>>
>>63790418
it's a double entendre on cheating
nice joke
>>
>>63795686
Waaaah! Someone doesn't play basketball exactly in the way I think someone should. A bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>63795746
>>63795750
The sport was its most popular during an era of tough defense. Hearing a fucking whistle anytime someone enters the paint or runs through traffic is awful to watch.

It's bred a team like the Warriors, we'll see more copy cats and a league full of manlets shooting behind or near the arch.
>>
>>63795753
lol you seem upset that curry is so good he changed the game

go to bed gramps
>>
>>63795813
Each era is defined by a certain position. 5-10 years ago it was the forwards, before that it was centers, shooting guards, etc etc Now its half breed point guards who have a jump shot. It's not exciting to watch, but im happy to wait out this fad for the NBA to switch to a different style of play.
>>
>>63795808
The rules haven't "bred a team like the Warriors." Basketball teams have figured out that it is advantageous to run a system with 5 athletic players on the floor who are constantly moving and passing. This would honestly hold true in any era. Basketball hasn't moved away from the pound it inside to Ewing style of the old Knicks because of rule changes, it's moved away from that because motion-based offenses (which require athletic bigs) are simply more effective regardless of the rules.
>>
>>63795844
>so why doesn't everyone run offenses like this
It requires a lot of hustle and sacrifice. Egos exist.
Golden State is essentially the FC Barcelona of the NBA right now: an immensely talented team who actually plays like a team, steamrolling all in their path with their offense based on hustle, teamwork, passing and motion off the ball.
It's almost impossible to defeat an immensely talented team when they're actually playing like a team like this. Luckily, for parity's sake, teams like this don't come around often. It's usually the case that a team will either have not enough talent or too much ego to pull this off.
>>
>>63795844
You're saying athletic, im just seeing 5 dudes with a jump shot. Their defense is just to out shoot the other team. What is exciting about seeing 10 players on the court that pull up a jumper, with the occasional dunk on a turnover play. It's boring, the players can't complain or argue at the officials, officials constantly herding the players to how they want them to play rather than letting the players dictate the game.
>>
>>63795929
I don't think you even watch them play more than once or twice a year. Golden State's movement off the ball creates ridiculous amounts of dunks and layups for GS.
>>
>>63795793
Thank you my friend
>>
>>63790418
>3 cheaters
kek'd, brilliant
>>
>>63795957
I stopped watching the NBA in general due to the amount of whistles and fouls called. Players cannot play D and it enables these skinny guards and forwards unimpeded attempts at the basket. The league has gone soft, do you get excited watching the Warriors? The best team in the league? I wasn't. Why the fuck would I watch the other teams in the league?
>>
>/sp/ circa 2013
>GR33N
>BASED KAWAII WITH THE 3
>HOLY SHIT KING JAMES FROM DOWNTOWN

>now
>WAAAH THREES ARE BAD
>RUINING THE GAME
>BAWWWW

fucking losers
>>
>>63796017
>I stopped watching the NBA in general due to the amount of whistles and fouls called.
At least it's not as bad as the NFL in this regard.
>>
Serena Williams
>>
>>63796017
>Players cannot play D
Honestly if you think this you just don't understand what you're watching. I'm sure that comes off as incredibly condescending, but defense is objectively being played at a much higher level than it was in the 90's-00's. Part of that is due to rule changes, but you're wrong to equate "more people being knocked down" with "better defense". Teams like the early 00's Pistons appeared to be impossibly dominant defenses, but that's partly due to the fact that they played at a downright glacial pace
>>
>>63796046
At least they let the players complain, shove each other and show emotion. NBA refs eject everyone including the crowd if that happens.
>>
>>63796046
Nah anon, that's a recent phenomenon due to PR issues with long term injuries. It's crystal clear to the most casual of watchers, after this season or the next, the flags will decline.

Basketball's shift from contact sport to divegrass occurred over a decade and change and has become a fundamental part of the sport. Drawing a PI or neutral zone infraction in football takes skill and likewise doesn't happen every two minutes.
>>
>>63796100
>Nah anon, that's a recent phenomenon due to PR issues with long term injuries. It's crystal clear to the most casual of watchers, after this season or the next, the flags will decline.
I think this viewpoint is laughably naive and that the PR issues are only going to get worse.
>Concussion: the Movie
American football is literally in great danger right now. We're very close to high schools switching to flag football.
>>
>>63796090
>NBA refs eject everyone including the crowd if that happens.
Unless it's Kobr at home, in which case he can say whatever the fuck he wants to the ref. Seriously. Ever been to a Laker game? Shit's hilarious. Kobr just blasts the refs with profanity all game long and gets away with it.
>>
>>63796135
He grew up with a generation of players and refs where that was common. He just gets away with now cause he is Kobr.

NBA and its policies fundamentally changed the game over the last 15-20 years. Just your statement there proves it in a small way.
>>
>>63795696
filthy weeb
>>
>>63796164
>He just gets away with now cause he is Kobr.
He only gets away with it at home, though, and he appears to realize this, because his mouth cleans up big-time on the road.
>>
File: mootonanimu.png (12 KB, 880x131) Image search: [Google]
mootonanimu.png
12 KB, 880x131
>>63796186
>>>/r/sports
>>>/theshitholeofboston/
>>
>>63796197
NBA refs are openly biased to the home team in terms of calls and treatment of players. I've grown to hate the sport because of them, can't stand watching these balding 50 year old basketball failures ruin my childhood sport.
>>
>bonds

is this some troll attempt? because it made me think for like a minute as to who this was. its been like a decade since barry bonds announced his retirement
>>
>>63796243
>NBA refs are openly biased to the home team
Joey Crawford is the worst re: this in big games.
>>
thank mr brady
>>
>>63796255
That faggot has ruined entire series for me. I'm surprised a player or fan hasn't taken a tire iron to one of his knees.
>>
>>63796122
Point taken, but you should consider that most of the calls are for holding and PI, hardly high impact penalties
>>
>>63796284
>I'm surprised a player or fan hasn't taken a tire iron to one of his knees.
The mob would kill whoever did that because Joey makes them too much money.
>>
thank mr brady
>>
File: 1389245650395.jpg (9 KB, 302x225) Image search: [Google]
1389245650395.jpg
9 KB, 302x225
>>63796293
>illegal contact 20x per game
>illegal hands to the face 20x per game
>>
>>63796301
A noble sacrifice for ending that cunts career. I'm getting flashbacks of that bald shit running down the court ready to blow his whistle over something.
>>
File: timduncan.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
timduncan.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>>63796347
He does have one redeeming moment: throwing out Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench. Seriously. Completely fucking deserved for all of the "I'VE NEVER COMMITTED A FOUL IN MY LIFE" Timmy faces he's made over the years.
>>
>>63795746
>basketball was a non contact sport

Breah. Basketball is a contact sport. Basketball isn't a collision sport.

Confirmed never actually playing basketball.
>>
>>63796555
He's just an angry manlet and takes out his frustration on the players. Like a Catholic nun running around with a ruler slapping the players knuckles with a ruler.

Notice he calls that technical in Dallas, he wouldn't have the balls to do it in San Antonio.
>>
>>63796233
Man he replied to me that day. Last time moot was based before fappening and gamergate sent him into despair.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.