[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels good having the most competitive league.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: koVRHHfh.jpg (115 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
koVRHHfh.jpg
115 KB, 1024x1016
Feels good having the most competitive league.
>>
La Liga is the most exciting m8.
>>
[Don't mind me... I'm heading to Page 10]
>>
could make the same bullshit picture with La Liga, or pretty much any league that isn't Bundes or Ligue 1
>>
>>63789435
>Muh Marketing League

ALSO PLEASE STOP STEALING SHIT FROM REDDIT. Here is your +1 upboat.

>>>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>63789461
Can do it but instead the tie would have drawn Buyern instead of beating them.
>>
1. - Leicester
b. < Man Utd
(iii). > Liverpool
IV. = Spurs

England will win the Euros.
>>
File: non reddit cancer.png (513 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
non reddit cancer.png
513 KB, 1024x1016
was that really so fucking hard.

and he got and newcastle - norwich result wrong anyway
>>
File: 2616505-kolo.jpg (50 KB, 575x576) Image search: [Google]
2616505-kolo.jpg
50 KB, 575x576
>>63789472
>>
>All these anti-EPL shills getting btfo
EPL is the best League in the world, no question about it.
It will get even better next year when the absurd money from the tv deals will hit the league. Bournemouth will be a wealthier club than any club except PSG, Madrid and Barca.

Let that sink in, Bournemouth will be wealthier than Bayern Munich.
>>
>>63789435
>only 4 title winners in the past 9001 years
>competitive
>>
If the EPL is so great, why is the English national team so shit then? Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>63789504
Why because I don't want to see the same Plebbit level content on this site?
>>
>>63789509
Not really wealthier
They just get more money for league games

Bayern is still way more wealthy and gets much money from cl money

Put i get your point, epk clubs will swim in money
This has ups and down though
>>
>>63789435
'Where anybody can play like complete shit'
>>
We know bundes"liga" is the worst in the world
But i have a real question for you
Do you europeans actually see Southamerican football?
>>
>>63789727
"no", for many Germans Bundesliga really is all that matters
>>
File: 1409685209533.png (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1409685209533.png
72 KB, 250x250
>>63789770
>German nationalism on the rise again
>>
>Muh salary cap
>>
>>63789590
Yeah, I was posting to be ridiculous. Bournemouth will get a massive windfall of 99 million pounds if they get 20th.
I think what will actually happen is a lot of talent will move over to the EPL, something which has already started to happen ala Klopp at Liverpool, Ranieri at Leicester, Shaqiri and Bojan at Stoke of all places. Plus you are started to see all these ramped up rumours about Zlatan and CR and even Messi looking to play in the EPL.
Barca, Madrid, Bayern and PSG will be largely unaffected as they will take the top talent regardless, but I think the rest of those leagues will suffer hard and Serie A will cease to be a real League.

The down sides will be international competition. I think that the reason EPL struggles in the CL has to do with consistent domestic competition, and this will only be exaggerated when a club like Stoke or Aston Villa have signed CL quality players but only play on Sunday against a team like Arsenal who plays twice as much.

It seems like EPL is gonna end up being that euro super League that everyone was pushing
>>
>>63789727
why would anyone watch the most predictable league in the world?
>>
>>63789727

Too early for me and it's not on tele else probably would.
>>
File: 1443887678980.gif (4 MB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1443887678980.gif
4 MB, 411x390
>>63789435
>most competitive league
>3 mega-rich clubs passing the trophy around for the last 11 years
>>
>>63789556
>implying they actually let English citizens play in their league
Kek
>>
>>63789848
>I think that the reason EPL struggles in the CL has to do with consistent domestic competition

It's not a coincidence that the EPL was dominant in Europe during the "Big Four" era (2004-2009), when the same teams made the Champions League over and over again and were so far ahead of everyone else. Then Manchester City got really rich, Liverpool went to shit, and Tottenham started competing, and now you've got 5 or 6 "top 4 contenders" every season, and England has been pretty bad in the Champions League since then.
>>
>>63789556

England's Elo ranking since 1970 is actually 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Football_Elo_Ratings#Highest_average_ratings_since_1970
>>
>>63789820
Who the fuck designed that table.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>63789820
>draws column to the right of the losses column
reee
>>
is OP's picture supposed to prove that anyone can beat anyone in the PL?
>>
>>63789935
While that's true, I think it runs deeper than that. The mid table teams are all alot better. Pound for pound, this Liverpool team isn't much different skill wise from the Liverpool teams under Rafa, yet they're not a top top team. Leicester is another obvious example but even Crystal Palace, a team that should be three easy points for a top team, is a difficult to beat and fucking West Ham beats every top table team it plays.

I watched Arsenal play Zagreb yesterday and, quite frankly, Zagreb would probably get relegated in the EPL. They were certainly way worse than West Brom, whom Arsenal played a few days earlier.
>>
>>63790101
>Pound for pound, this Liverpool team isn't much different skill wise from the Liverpool teams under Rafa, yet they're not a top top team.

Liverpool under Rafa was literally the #1 team in Europe.
>>
1. Brasilia Premiership
2. Argentine Super Liga
3. The La Liga
4.Seria A
5. English BPL
6. MLS
100. Ligue 1
>>
>>63790153
>Liverpool under Rafa was literally the #1 team in Europe.

bin dipper detected
>>
protip: you can do this with every league
>>
>>63790756

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-top-ranked-club-3460566
>>
>>63789727
No, time difference makes it impossible
>>
File: ¿.jpg (38 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
¿.jpg
38 KB, 780x520
>>63790259
>The La Liga
>Argentine Super Liga
>>
>>63790259
>The La Liga
>The El Clasico
>The Los Angeles Angels

Fucking gringos, man
>>
>>63790153
But like fourth in England. That 2005 starting line up had Baros and Kewell starting up top and Finnan and Traore as wingbacks.
>>
>>63790996
>But like fourth in England.

That's my point. English teams were just that good during that period. Liverpool appeared in 2 finals and 3 semifinals in 5 seasons, and at no point were they even the best team in their own league.
>>
>>63791043
I see what you're saying. I thought, based on what you quoted of mine, that you were arguing that Rafa Liverpool was substantially better than current Liverpool.
>>
>>63791084

I can see how that was unclear. I meant they were the #1 team in terms of their coefficient and that they did really well, not that they were anywhere near the most talented team.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.