[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Tom Brady is the GOAT, then why has he lost two Super Bowls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (314 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314 KB, 382x500
If Tom Brady is the GOAT, then why has he lost two Super Bowls?

Michael Jordan never lost in the finals when it actually mattered. Why should a person like Tom Brady that has proven multiple times that he can't win when it matters be considered the "GOAT"?
>>
Because in the nba fatty they play best of seven,
if this was the structure of NFL Tom "GOAT" Brady, would have like 10 or more rings.
>>
Brady isn't a tenth of Favre.
>>
>>63788335
0 rings ok.
>>
>>63787720
>comparing a best of 7 to a 1 game playoff where anything can happen.
>>
in basketball one player can dominate the game. football is actually a team sport
>>
>>63788349
>1996
>against the Patriots
>>
>>63788362
1 ring. Next in line please ?
>>
because its not a 7 game series, any game 1 that Jordon lost should be counted as a lost series

now you understand how hard it is to win in football
>>
>>63788376
I'm a Pats fan too Huezil, and not the same anon who posted the Favre comment, but christ learn your pre-Brady history if you want to bandwagon the Pats.
>>
>>63788384
Most ridiculous statement of the month.
>>
>>63788386
I dont need to dude i didnt follow the NFL before the Brady era afterall i am a huezil, he was the one that got me to love the sport, he is the chosen one.
>>
>>63788403
tt
tf
od

>7-1
>Nerman
>>
>>63788426
Nerman is gonna be great, mark my words FIFA BALLON D'OR soon to become.
>>
>>63788349
>>63788376
you're wrong shitskin go back to your soccer
>>
File: 4342761018_1616b5182e_b.jpg (470 KB, 659x1024) Image search: [Google]
4342761018_1616b5182e_b.jpg
470 KB, 659x1024
>>63788445
Hell you disgusting Hue
>>
>>63787720
>Tom Brady that has proven multiple times that he can't win when it matters

You're LITERALLY referencing 2 games of his career, yet he has still won 4 Super Bowls, the most impressive of which was last year. In both the Ravens and Seahawks games Brady came down from big deficits to pull out those wins. Not to mention the final drive against the Giants this year, and Super Bowl wins against the Rams ("greatest show on turf").
>>
>>63788356
If that's the case, then why do people only talk about quarterbacks?
>>
>>63788535
>4 of 6
>18-1
>>
>>63788535
>>Tom Brady that has proven multiple times that he can't win when it matters
Yet 18-1 happened
>>
>le missing the playoffs is somehow better than losing in a super bowl maymay

underage pls go
>>
Everyone knows Montana is the GOAT and Brady is a meme
>>
>>63789003
If you put John Elway in this decades Patriots team, you know they have at least 3 more owls than what Broody gave them
>>
>>63789077

Hello Mr Strawman
>>
>>63789123
That isnt even my name patrick McPatrick
>>
>>63788959
>people saying something means it's true

Do I have some bad news to tell you about your mom
>>
>>63787720

>better to lose earlier in the playoffs than later

Also you can not compare football to other sports. 1 game series where 1 play can cause a huge swing is not the same as the NBA or NHL or MLB.

Brady is the GOAT QB. Also though I don't think there is an exact forumla I would say generally1 SB from a QB is worth 1.5 NBA championships. It is just so much easier to repeat in the NBA as there is less chance for something strange to continuously happen
>>
>>63788959

In Basketball 1 player can have more control than a QB. However in football a QB can have enough control so that the actually outcome is a reflection of them and should be considered in the larger conversation.
>>
>>63787720
he's simply not the GOAT
people like him because he barely wins games and they equate excitement with greatness.
>>
>>63788389
Not really. OP is claiming that MJ is a better example of a GOAT because he never lost a finals game 'when it mattered'. Well in the NFL every game matters, so if the NBA Finals were a 1 game affair, then any game 1 that MJ lost would be considered a championship loss. It is an unfair comparison and he is saying that if you attempt to level the field then MJ suddenly isn't so dominant.
>>
>>63789077
Actually probably not. Elway was too prone to hot dogging and trying to blow up defenses with the deep ball. The Patriots teams have rarely had star recievers that can get separation deep. Elway's game was never precision underneath/middle of the field passing and pre-snap reads, which is what Brady is GOAT at. If Elway is on those Patriots teams then they probably win only 1 or 2.
>>
>>63789536
Dumbest thing I've seen today
>>
>>63787720
He didn't cheat hard enough those times.
>>
>>63789019
>Pre-salary cap babby.
Any QB can be great when a team is in no danger of losing any pieces of a championship puzzle.
>>
Jordan got btfo in the ECF for several years before getting Pippen to turn his team into a real contender
>>
>>63789077
How? When the Patriots didn't make the playoffs it was because half their team was dead. You can argue who's fault it was that they lost the two superbowls, but Brady did his job like he should have.
>>
>>63795044
So why didn't he win or appear in more owls?
>>63795082
>BTFO
>Lose in 6 or 7 games
>Bulls didn't even make the finals without Jordan when he was playing baseball
>>
>>63795044
>Passer-friendly QB Rules Babby
It's much easier to make passes when you know defenders can't do everything within their power to stop you.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.