[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who knows next to nothing about the NFL and the NBA,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: 1328737862971.png (159 KB, 391x295) Image search: [Google]
1328737862971.png
159 KB, 391x295
As someone who knows next to nothing about the NFL and the NBA, can someone explain to me why these two seem to generate such mass amounts of hate on this board?

They both seem to be likeable guys who just happen to be doing well in their respective sports.

Please explain.
>>
Brady plays for a sleazy team that's been implicated in a bunch of cheating scandals. I don't understand the hatred for Curry at all, though. He's a good guy who plays for a likable team and he's fun to watch.
>>
>>63771199
One's been dominant for almost a decade and a half

The Other doesn't dunk which on /sp/ is a crime.
>>
Brady has been involved with numerous "cheating" scandals, plus his team is almost always in the playoffs and is always the team to beat in the AFC, this causes butthurt.

Curry himself is a cool person but his fans are obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>63771208
>Curry's fans are obnoxious as fuck.
>Doesn't mention how Pats fans somehow manage to be more obnoxious than the us12s
>>
>>63771208
>his fans
you mean every single bandwagoner in the nation?
>>
People are still mad as fuck because the patriots are good and still mad at scandals that happens months to years ago.

Even then they ares till mad at those rings brady and his team gotten and still mad that there will never be asterisks in those sub owls wins, no matter how many time they cry, " cheats"

And curry looks like a faggot and cosider a meme player but literally won the finals. So people are still mad because lecucck didnt win
>>
>>63771199
Brady is a pretty likeable guy. But brady's fans shit post more than the fans of any other quarterback.

>a whole day of football without brady, what's the point?
>can any one beat him?
>how large do you think his penis is, and would he let me suck it?

Most of brady's fans are in the closet, but like to "pretend" to be gay for him,when in fact they actually are. There is nothing wrong with being gay though. There is a lot wrong with being in the closet about it.

Anyways, most people like brady, but they hate his fans.
>>
>>63771199
I don't watch NBA, but Brady's been dominant over the NFL for the past 15 years and could become the first starting QB to win 5 Superb Owls. He gives a lot of people sour grapes, probably out of Bledsoe's Patriots-brand vineyard.
>>
curry is hated because he's literally meme:the player

he takes a sport that's usually has a lot of strategic depth in terms of exploiting the right matchups and getting a defense off balance before you attack and just makes it fucking dumb by heaving up long distance shots that go in.

It's like if an NFL team did nothing but hail marys every drive but it worked enough for them to be a good offense. Or if a soccer/hockey player just shot on goal from half field and it went in often. Yeah it's impressive on a technical level but it gets really fucking boring and hateable after a while.
>>
Brady plays for a team that has been accused of cheating multiple times. I don't get the Curry hate.
>>
>>63771205
>a bunch of cheating scandals
>a video assistant 15 feet too far to the right
>seven footballs that were a bit too cold

>a bunch

kill yourself fâm
>>
>>63771237
>curry
>a meme

he's the exact opposite of a meme. his technical ability is his greatest asset as he doesn't rely on raw athleticism. his ability to generate space with his dribbling and off the ball movement is the best in the league.
>>
They're both cancerous faggots that have their dicks sucked by massive faggots on as/sp/ies
>>
>>63771226
>>63771219
>>63771205
This is what I mean by sour grapes. They root for teams that keep shooting themselves in the foot and when they lose to the Pats they blame everything but their own team's mediocre performance

And there's a few teams that could have beaten the Pats if they stayed disciplined

>Jets
Couldn't get onside fast enough to spike a damn ball, fumbled their initial drive away
>Giants
"FUTURE HoFer" OBJ couldn't complete a catch, Giants secondary dropped a game-sealing INT
>Bills
Literally handed the game when refs blew a bad fucking whistle on a depleted Patriots team and stole a touchdown, basically said "Nah, we don't want to win today"
>Colts
Ran the worst fake punt ever attempted, everything went to shit from there
>>
/sp/ is like 40% Bostonian fans
Like I like Brady and all but there is an overwhelming amount of people from Boston on this board, and it makes rooting for other teams hard. They get into every Brady thread and shit up everything

People don't like Curry because he was on the best team last season and one of the best teams of all time, having a 67 win season. Curry is a cool, down to earth guy but since he's so good and, this season He's been dominant, coupled with the curryspammer it makes it hard to root for him

Imo I like both dudes but the amount of shitposting makes it hard to root for them on /sp/ sometimes
>>
>>63771258
?

I have nothing against the patriots, and if it wasn't for the fact that a patriots 19-0 would likely enable thousands of shitposters on 4chan to remain in the closet for another year, I'd probably want it to happen, assuming my team was out (packers).

But for the good of thousands of people, brady needs to lose, so his closeted faggot fans can finally be forced to confront exactly how gay they are.
>>
I like and respect Curry, I am somewhat neutral to his game, but I hate what he does to people and game in general.
I play a lot, and it is becoming more and more of a nightmare since like every scrub in the world starts to think he is Curry and chunk bricks 3-s whole game for no reason at every opportunity. And then they go on "I AM FUCKING GOD" when then make one out of 15, and then talk about it all day.
>>
>>63771344
Are hoops made of mud in estonia? (I dont know where estonia is)
>>
>>63771244
This, what a fucking joke.

http://yourteamcheats.com/
>>
>>63771377
No. A lot of people play basketball here since childhood but never have any actual teams, practices or training.
We have GOAT coaches and players left from soviets era but they are all reduced to irrelevant positions because NATIONAL PRIDE.
We have one and a half relevant teams that can afford some good guards from abroad and the rest is literally friends/specials snowflakes/son-of-someone clubs that can't even consistently win again literally random pickup teams of nobodies.
>>
>>63771222
Nice trips
>>
>>63771199
Brady married an ugly bitch.
>>
>>63771400
Although I didn't read any other teams' cheats, this text is very biased in favor of the pats in theirs.

And this is coming from a pats fan
>>
>>63771327
>Those grapes are probably sour
>>
>>63771400
>you will never be so insecure you make this website

Is there a successful team whose fans are nearly as insecure as pats fans? Lakers, Yankees, Methinals, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, etc. all have shitty fan bases but if there's one thing they aren't, it's insecure. Is it because the pats are the equivalent of "new money" whereas the other teams are "old money"?
>>
>>63771400
Why does /sp/ say pats fans are likable? This is completely laughable
>>
>>63771770
well most Brit fans are Pats fans
>>
we are on 4chan and the pats are a meme. you do the math
>>
While Tom Brady has been quarterback the Patriots had a very obscure and controversial rule decide a superbowl in their favor and cheated their way to win two other superbowls. They have also been by the best team since Tom Brady started playing winning over 75% of their games so that causes a lot of bandwaggoners and jealousy.

Steph Curry is the best shooter that basketball's ever had. No matter where he past half court you have to be right up in his face because he can hit from any range at a higher percentage than anyone in the league. On top of that the Warriors are stacked, defensively they're top 5 and even their centers and power forwards can hit 3's at a high clip. It's just impossible to defend them when you need to double team Curry, he literally has "broke the game".
>>
File: zero_rings.png (631 KB, 596x560) Image search: [Google]
zero_rings.png
631 KB, 596x560
>>63771205

Some people can't take the warriors seriously with all the 3's they shoot.
>>
File: Godhand they said.webm (942 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Godhand they said.webm
942 KB, 512x288
>>63771199
They are smalltime.
>>
>>63771199
I think people hate the NE and Brady fans more than Brady himself. Gee, I wonder why people don't want to see a dozen Brady threads every day?

As for Curry, it's probably the same idiot repeatedly posting the "career ending injury" thread.
>>
>>63771400
That spygate article is unintentionally hilarious.

I love people saying that the patriot's spying was limited to being in the wrong location, and therefore harmless. the patriot's organization was hiring people to fake press credentials and film from the sidelines.

If there is no advantage to be gained from filming from the sidelines, why fake credentials and commit fraud to do it?

As a patriots fan defending spygate, you either have to admit the patriots organization is retarded, and willing to commit fraud over nothing, or admit that hey, it was actually a pretty bad scandal.
>>
everybody hates a winner, end of story
>>
Cause Goats
>>
>>63771237
you're a dumb nigro
>>
>>63771205
Curry fans need to be checked. All this comparing to the greats is autistic. Let's see him in five years and then history will take its place. Btw I don't hate curry. He makes three pointers and nothing else and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>63771237
This may be the most retarded thing I have read in my lifetime
>>
curry is proclaimed to be the GOAT by obnoxious basketball "fans" who just started watching last year

brady is proclaimed to be the GOAT by obnoxious football "fans" who just started watching last year
>>
>>63771205
Implicated just means Belichick doesn't know how not to get caught.
the patriots will never be as good as the jest at cheating
>>
>>63772065
I don't believe that's the reason. They won a championship. Wtf more do you need to take them seriously?

I don't watch much basketball but doesnt the warriors style effectively accomplish the same thing as pick and post teams? For instance Harden screens and slashes cutting to the basket and either takes a shot or finds an open man in case of a double team.
Curry screens and looks for a three pointer or finds the open man in case of a double.

As long as your shooting % is high enough what difference does it make?
>>
>>63771199
Brady because his team are proven cheaters. Plus 18-1 created this board.

Curry is mainly for the insane shitposting. But 3 point spamming ruining the league is also a factor.
>>
They both destroy dreams. No one can beat Brady so football fans are upset they're watching a foregone conclusion unfolding and it's boring.
Curry is successful without the typical and1 shucking and jiving nigger style and darkies are devastated because skill > athleticism.
>>
File: 1448151377582.png (128 KB, 252x289) Image search: [Google]
1448151377582.png
128 KB, 252x289
It's a product of typical 4chan counter culture. It happens on every board for different reasons.

>new anime comes out and everyone loves it
>/a/ is quick to start hating it
>"I don't hate [anime], I just hate the fans!"

>new video game comes out and everyone loves it
>/v/ is quick to start picking it apart
>"I don't hate [video game], I just hate the fans!"

>/g/ hates intel and nvidia but loves AMD/ATI because it's niche and less popular

>movie gets released in theaters and most critics and audiences agree that it's excellent, even on /tv/
>once the DVD/Blu Ray releases and the priatefags on /tv/ start torrenting it so they can watch it on their shitty laptop, it's suddenly disiked by most of the board

Hell even /pol/ is starting to turn their backs on Trump now that he's becoming popular. Once you notice the pattern, you learn the ignore it. These contrarian faggots are just wasting their life by constantly forcing themselves to be negative about everything.

It's happening RIGHT NOW with the Panthers. It's going to happen with every team that wins and is a clear favorite for the super bowl.

>inb4 I don't hate Brady/Curry, I just hate their fans!
>>
>>63771205
Do you hate the Bills and Falcons too? They keep getting in trouble for pumping stadium noise when they shouldn't.
>>
>>63781810
>>/g/ hates intel and nvidia but loves AMD/ATI because it's niche and less popular
Youre wrong here iirc. /g/ doesnt fall for moar cores
>>
>>63781784
>Brady because his team are proven cheaters.

No they aren't. Spygate was almost 10 years ago. The Patriots are a completely different team now.

Or did you forget the definition of "proven"
>>
Almost no one in real life hates curry. Thats mainly just an /sp/ meme because of the shitposting that goes on in /nba/'s little circle jerk. He's not even a top 3 hates NBA player (Lebron, Harden, Blake Griffin).

People actually do hate Brady irl because he fucking wins all the time. No one would give a shit about these "cheating" scandals if he only had 1 super bowl.
>>
>>63781834
>/g/ doesnt fall for moar cores
You're considered a "good goy" if you buy intel, according to /g/.
>>
>>63781836
>same starting QB and coach
>guys we are totally different!
fuck off
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x360
>>63781810
You're argument is invalid. Case and point. Pic related. Inb4 Messis autistic
>>
>>63781877
I don't follow that dumb sport. I don't know who those people are.
>>
File: not so fast.png (73 KB, 935x452) Image search: [Google]
not so fast.png
73 KB, 935x452
>>
>>63781887
You don't have follow this"dumb sport" to understand youre wrong.
>>
File: 1412724670760.jpg (66 KB, 480x562) Image search: [Google]
1412724670760.jpg
66 KB, 480x562
>>63771258
perfect assessment of those games.
>>
>>63781974
I'm right though. If Brady never won a single SB he wouldn't be hated. On the flip side, if Peyton Manning actually won the 2 SBs he lost then he'd probably be more hated than he is.
>>
File: image.png (142 KB, 1326x1079) Image search: [Google]
image.png
142 KB, 1326x1079
>>63782081
I don't follow that dumb sport. I don't know who those people are.
>>
>>63771237
You Americans amaze me sometimes.
>>
>>63781703
the difference is that brady is, in fact, the GOAT
this cannot be argued
>>
>>63771199
Success breeds jealousy and hatred, especially among the bottom-feeders hat make up the general population of 4chan.
>>
>>63782081
>losers are more loved than successful players
Peyton is just a sixheaded fag with a demeanor that can "identify more" with John Six-Gut Football Fan, thus gets into more and more commercials and media appearances and love.

Brady is very selective in his endorsements, which, aside from Ugg boots, are very high-end. Being far more handsome (he's a SoCal boy who many people think he comes off as snooty or some other crap like that) than just about every other current QB and not having a consistent-choker reputation like Peyton also inspires a sort of hate among non-Pats fans.
>>
>>63781750
>They won a championship. Wtf more do you need to take them seriously?
They won a championship against teams that had their starters and prime talent wiped out in the process. The Warriors themselves weren't that good but they improved in the off season.
>>
>>63781887
For the most part /sp/ likes Messi, which is the popular opinion outside here too.
Messi is like divegrass Brady
>>
>>63782324
You're reaching for excuses m8.
>>
>>63771199
One is not LeBron James and that is his crime. The other is the route of a never ending Shitposting cycle for both sides.
>>
File: 1442792326515.png (64 KB, 161x211) Image search: [Google]
1442792326515.png
64 KB, 161x211
Oh. Hey /sp/
>>
>>63773951
Or I could do neither. Kiss the rings we didn't do nothing wrong. And everyone did it so that Pats aren't retarded.
>>
Apehoop fans like their dunks
Curry is the opposite of dunks

Do the math
>>
>>63771205
The problem with Curry is more to do with his fans being autistic.
>>
People hate Brady because he's been dominating the league for 15 years. After a while people get fed up with that as they always see their team get btfo by the same guy and the same team every fucking year. Once he retires and the pats slip back to being terrible then people will look back on him and appreciate him for what he was. People can scream about him being a cheater but that's not why they hate him they hate him because of his absurd accomplishments. He has a 78% win rate with 4 superbowls, 6 superbowls bowl appearances and 9 afc conference apperances. On average he wins 12 games a season for the past 15 years and has played in 29 playoff games winning 21 of them. Also his fans are pretty annoying.

I have no idea why people hate curry.
>>
I think a good way to beat Pats is to treat them like any other NFL team. Give them respect for being a good team, but don't fear them or idolize them. They run off of that shit
>>
>>63781810
You are one of the few who actually get it now leave and never come back
>>
File: tumblr_nya4npsL5W1rs7keco1_540.jpg (175 KB, 500x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nya4npsL5W1rs7keco1_540.jpg
175 KB, 500x810
Same reason they hate this guy
>>
>>63786509
cam is legitimately one of the nicest guys in the nfl
>>
>>63781680
>>63781702
>>63782144

nice arguments fuckbois
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.