[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/NBA/ GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105
File: smug kobe.jpg (30 KB, 512x283) Image search: [Google]
smug kobe.jpg
30 KB, 512x283
Kings @ Hornets 7:00 PM
Magic @ Cavaliers 7:00 PM
Knicks @ Heat 7:30 PM
Pistons @ Bucks 8:00 PM
76ers @ Timberwolves 8:00 PM
Suns @ Spurs 8:30 PM
Thunder @ Jazz 9:00 PM

LATEST NEWS :
>Cloppers entire organization in shambles
>Dion Waiters is a starter for the Oklahoma City Thunder
>John Wall still shook because of Nintendo
>RBL BTFO curryfag
>RBL stay winning
>>
File: 1422596331692.jpg (26 KB, 516x418) Image search: [Google]
1422596331692.jpg
26 KB, 516x418
did kekry spammer really get banned?

1st first Lakers beating the memerriors tomorrow
>>
>Dion Waiters is a starter for the Oklahoma City Thunder

Durant needs to come back, I want off this wild ride.
>>
>>63752174
3 day ban showed up in the 4chan ban list an hour ago
>>
>>63752174
he'll post something here and there but he can never freely spam pasta again
>>
>>63752185
Yall still aint got another guard who can play basketall even if durant comes back fully healthy,

and believe me i mean if.
>>
honestly i would hatefuck Curryposter to death and hide his remains under my bed desu senpai
>>
>>63752196
should of screen capped! all good though.

AT THE END OF THE DAY. RBL WINS!
>>
>>63752139
How does it feel when your sport has absolutely no parity /nba/?
>>
File: screenshot2014-07-14au3jdr.png (53 KB, 179x192) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2014-07-14au3jdr.png
53 KB, 179x192
Who /pissedoffthatBostonhandedthenetstheirthirdwin/ here?
>>
File: grant_a_rubio_b1_64011.jpg (76 KB, 1003x564) Image search: [Google]
grant_a_rubio_b1_64011.jpg
76 KB, 1003x564
The cloppers meltdown has got me rock hard. Don't even move them to Seattle. Just burn that franchise to the ground and pretend they never existed. Los Angeles won't even notice. Austin Rivers is the worst player in the NBA. CP3 will never make it past the 2nd round. Blake is still soft. Mark Cuban could've given DJ the world. I hope it just gets worse.
>>
Let's take a moment and pray for the lost souls that tried to get in RBL's way
>OCD guy
>jeopardy guy
>memeships
>curryspammer
>probably a couple of more body bags I'm forgetting
all gone like tears in the rain
>>
seriously dude whats up with this bipolar mod?
whos side are you on?
>>
>>63752312
oh and clips4lyfe
>>
>no curryfag copy pasta in sight

That loser is either too scared to post now or serving his 3 day ban like a good boy. Thread is already 10x better too.

Anyways i got Lou Williams and Kobe in my fantasy team along with Denis Shroder and Tristan Thompson. Should i pick up Mo Williams after dropping his ass for Porzingis? If so who should i drop?
>>
Is the West really better than the East anymore? From the first 1/5 of the season, it sure doesn't look like it.

Memphis doesn't look convincing anymore
Clippers are a dumpster fire now
Rockets fired their coach and have no direction, Harden isn't playing like an MVP runner up anymore
Pelicans and Mavs look about the same, that is not great
Blazers might be good
Warriors and Spurs look great
>>
Curryspammer btfo and /nba/ turns into a cunuck safezone.
>>
>>63752430
4 teams in the East are below .500 (one is the 76ers if that even counts).

About 10+ teams in the West are .500 or below.
>>
>>63752374
drummond will beast it on the boards tomorrow against shitty bucks rebounding
>>63752430
memphis is looking better since picking up chalmers and starting jeff green
>>
>>63752430
How do Mavs and Pels look about the same? Mavs are overachieving and Pels underachieving since every body christened Davis as the next basketball Jesus.
>>
File: curryrape.jpg (739 KB, 1500x981) Image search: [Google]
curryrape.jpg
739 KB, 1500x981
Michael Jordan is better than Stephen Curry

Anyone want to discuss it?

Anyone?
>>
>>63752504
They look the same in terms of they'll get swept in the first round if they even make the playoffs.
>>
>>63752326
clips4lyfe
tanne-kek
spc #2
ocd guy
spc guy
7kt guy
jeopardy
memeships
kekry spammer
random anon plebs

keep the list alive for the next fuck boy to try and step up. WOH!
>>
>>63752476
>>63752463
Cavs, Raptors, Heat, Celtics look good IMO
Knicks and Wizards too maybe

Who looks good in the West now? Warriors, Spurs, maybe Memphis
OKC maybe if Durant is ever coming back but Donovan looks like he is more clueless than Brooks
>>
>>63752561
Fucking hell it's starting to dawn on me that Durant might actually be on the verge of ruining his career. I mean, shit, what if these foot and calf injuries are chronic? What if he has to retire? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>63752561
OKC is underachieving even with a cast of literally whos + Westbrook and Durant.

The West is basically Warriors and Spurs and the rest are irrelevant.
>>
>>63752312
>>63752553
you need a life really
>>
>>63752570
>>63752575

Bigger issue is the coaching right now. Westbrook on a team by himself should be able to beat some of the teams they've lost to so far. That's not to mention Ibaka, Kanter and Adams can all play and should be more than enough help to win a few games. Even Dion is playing alright and they're still losing.
>>
>>63752575
The scary thing about the Spurs is that they're clearly underachieving, too. Sure, they're winning games in double digits, but their offense looks like a mess.

What happens in February when they start to gel, when Aldridge really gets going? They might actually be able to knock off Golden State, assuming everyone stays healthy.
>>
>>63752570
Foot issues are really serious. Especially if it's affecting his biomechanics.

There's a post somewhere about how tricky the surgery he had was and that it has to heal in just the right way for it to be effective, but if it is effective, there's nothing to worry about
>>
>>63752586
mods wtf are you doing? how are there this many proxies that you haven't banned? range ban him.
>>
>>63752596
I can't help but think that if Durant were on the Spurs, Popovich and Buford would have just shut him down until he was completely, absolutely healed. The Thunder tried to rush him back last season and it may have totally fucked him in the long run.
>>
>>63752588
The only problem I've seen with the spurs is their 3 point shooting. Of their starters, really only kawhi is a solid shooter. Green never fucking extends his elbow and has been shooting poorly.

Not until ginobli and mills come in do they have any solid 3 pt shooters on the floor. It's worrying against teams like the clippers and gsw
>>
>>63752588
>might actually be able to knock of GS

The fuck you talking about. All GS has is
>up tempo pace
>3's

Spurs are literally going to make the whole first half take 2 hours just to slow down GS to a crawl and shit on them in the paint.

>GS likes going small
>thinking Green can guard both Duncan and Aldridge

Curry already afraid of Kawhi just from last year when he make him look like a damn fool. Hell the main starters barely even play and Spurs are still winning

>Duncan barely even tries
>Parker doesn't have to kill himself for points
>Manu can take games off

The bench is playing amazing and cross eyed Anderson is becoming better with more playing time
>>
>>63752576
>says he's not here a lot
>still here almost everyday
>gets baited by rbl post
>ETERNALLY BTFO!
ahahahah, you are forever etched in RBL history as being on of the most keked trips on /nba/
>>
>>63752605
Durant would NEVER have the career he's having on the Spurs. He would have probably developed completely differently.
>>
someone pls post the Rockets pasta
>>
>>63752600
How do you feel about 16-o new friend?
>>
>>63752605
I mean, Durant barely played last season. I don't think it was that. The surgery just wasn't successful.

Does anyone know if it's his foot again? I thought it was a hamstring
>>
File: 3610156183037_600.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3610156183037_600.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>63752624
i'm gonna rape you ling ling
>>
File: 1399093558468.jpg (63 KB, 528x620) Image search: [Google]
1399093558468.jpg
63 KB, 528x620
>not good enough to make playoffs
>not bad enough to get good draft pick

fuck
>>
>>63752633
it's hamstring, might just be taking it easy.

>>63752430
>>63752326
>>63752606

Can someone explain this to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM5QI0-kAAo

DeAndre Jordan has this level of dexterity and sense of timing and athleticism for a 7 footer. Yet hasn't developed an offensive game apart from catching lobs.
>>
>>63752624

RBL bout to shut the warriors down
>>
>>63752615
He'd be the greatest corner 3 spammer of all time
>>
File: 17621_e84d6ab3.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
17621_e84d6ab3.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
>6-22 FG
>0-5 3PT
just put kobr out to pasture already, this is embarrassing
>>
>>63752607
The spurs will slow down the temp, but unless they pick op their Offensive rating and start scoring some fucking points, I don't see them winning a 7 game series against GSW.

However, with Diaw, Aldridge and Kawhi on the floor kind of negates GSW's death lineup they have. Aldridge is 10X the player jordan is, so unlike the Clips, the spurs will punish you for going small. Even though LMA hasn't been destroying people, he's still rebounding like crazy. But right now his only offense is coming off of pick and pops
>>
>>63752658
Well he's really dumb. Hard to develop an offensive game when he probably couldn't graduate high school without cheating.
>>
>>63752671
It kills me to see him like that. But it is only 1 more season until its over.
>>
>>63752637
Hey, with the way the Rockets, Thunder and Clippers have been playing, the Blazers, Nuggets and Suns may make the playoffs.
>>
>>63752658
That's exactly why. He's never needed to. He has always just jumped over everyone.

He's always pretty quick for his size. Just everything really. It's a lot like Javele McGee. Amazing physical talents that they use as a crutch and never develop real skills.

The inside the NBA guys talk about this in that roundtable show they have about how things like AAU ball has killed talented players
>>
>>63752674
And that's the thing: right now. It's obvious that Aldridge is still not comfortable in the Spurs' system, and that the Spurs' system is still adapting to Aldridge. It's like the Cavs at the beginning of last season. There are a lot of new parts and new faces, and everybody's finding their footing.

It's actually unlucky for the Warriors that the Spurs get more than a month to start settling down and figuring things out. Better to play them now.
>>
File: Lakers douchebag.gif (2 MB, 206x350) Image search: [Google]
Lakers douchebag.gif
2 MB, 206x350
>yfw 15-1
>>
>>63752637
Tanking is a meme strategy. Even if you draft someone good, they'll leave like Aldridge or be kill like Oden/Roy.
>>
>>63752697
I wish the blazers would tank, get a nice draft pick and rebuild.

But right now they're just straight up balling with that messed up lineup of two gigantic 7 feet white guys and two trigger happy guards. It's nuts.
>>
File: 1436052872126.jpg (45 KB, 569x485) Image search: [Google]
1436052872126.jpg
45 KB, 569x485
>Kobe gets traded to Charlotte and finishes his career where he startes
>>
File: 1409019470470.jpg (33 KB, 533x398) Image search: [Google]
1409019470470.jpg
33 KB, 533x398
>>63752704
>tfw no Roy/Aldridge/Oden superteam
>>
>>63752699
In recent games Pop has started to transition minutes from Tim to LMA. It's not just the system but the players have to learn where LMA eats best from.
>>
>>63752674
Have you seen Spurs play? All LMA has to do to get points is get the ball down low, when a double team comes he just passes it to Patty and he shoots a fucking 3. THey literally did that same shit like three times in a row against someone and kept getting 3's or LMA just turned and hit his jumper.

David West is basically playing how Pop wants LMA to play. But for some reason LMA likes ot pass the ball off instead of shooting. I felt like Pop didn't let Duncan back in the game against NO just so Kawhi and Aldridge could finally take a game over without having to worry about anyone else
>>
>>63752723
You realize that if this happened Kobe and Jordan would get into a fight, right?

Jordan likes to practice against Hornets players. He and Kobe would get into it on the court and it would be like something from World Star Hip Hop.
>>
>>63752766
Aldridge still seems sheepish and insecure. Pop needs to yell at him more and tell him to shoot the fucking ball.
>>
File: jordan-laugh-cigar.jpg (18 KB, 250x308) Image search: [Google]
jordan-laugh-cigar.jpg
18 KB, 250x308
>>63752771
>Kobe
>1996+19
>Practicing

They would just be sitting around smoking on cigars laughing
>>
>>63752777
to be fair, this isn't really a new phenomenon for young/new Spurs players at all. They've said a thousand times how much they had to beg Kawhi to be more aggressive shooting in his first couple of years.
>>
>>63752671
>>63752689
>people pretending Kobe wasn't always a high volume inefficient chucker
>>
>>63752789
I refuse to believe Kobe and Jordan can coexist. Two sociopaths in the same building? Just can't work out.
>>
>>63752824
did you miss the early 2000 Lakers?
>>
>>63752791
but that makes no sense for Aldridge since he shot a lot at Portland.

I think Aldridge just needs one damn game where HE has to shoot to win the game for him to finally relax. I think he's so use to hearing how

>Spurs pass the ball so well

That he feels he NEEDS to pass. Nigga shoot the shit no one is going to complain about you shooting.
>>
>his team isn't making history this year
The Bay does it better fuckers.
>>
>>63752766
I actually missed most of that game.

I checked LMA's stat on bball ref to try and see what's going on. And apart from the eye test the stats bare out that things are kind of..not bad, but not great.

His TS% is the worst it's been in his entire career at 49%.
Additionally, he's actually attempted more "in the paint" shots this year than in the last few years. While his 10-16 foot range (Which I think is like, foul line/low elbow...I don't really know exactly where that would be) those shots are at their lowest attempts since he entered the league.

So it does seem that he isn't getting the ball in spots where he works best. He's taken more shots off high screens near the 3 line and shooting from there, but it seems what should be happening is he needs the ball about 5 feet close to the basket and shooting from there.

Now, how exactly to do that I do not know, but feel like Pop and his assistants can figure it out.
>>
>>63752828
No, I fully remember the Kobe-Shaq meltdown.
>>
>>63752830
>but that makes no sense for Aldridge since he shot a lot at Portland.
For all the narrative about how Aldridge is some Melo-like ball-dominant player that isn't truly his nature. Most of his career in Portland wasn't as the sole dominant/good player, and he shared a ton of touches in the Roy/Batum/Fernandez era. He shot a lot towards the end of his tenure with the Blazers because he was clearly far and away their best player by that point.

Also keep in mind he's not some idiot who is unaware of how the Spurs play, and how they played winning in 2014. He's openly said in many interviews with the SA beat reporters that he's hesitant because he knows how much different the system in SA is compared to how he played in his last couple of years in Portland.
>>
>this actual basketball discussion on /nba/

It's like I'm in bizaro land
>>
>>63752841
They should fucking trade him since his style and the Spurs style are so different. What were the Spurs thinking? Did they want him just to show other players they can recruit?
>>
>Josh Smith and an unspecified Clipper coach were involved in a frustration-fueled argument following the Clippers’ 91-80 loss to Toronto Sunday.

Profanities and yelling made their way through the cement walls separating the Clipper locker room from an adjacent room where the media was waiting to speak to head coach Doc Rivers.
>>
>>63752860
They want him for when their offense bogs down against a good defense, the way it's done a few times in the playoffs the past few years. Aldridge can create his own offense. Most of the Spurs beyond Parker, Ginobili, and now Kawhi can't do that.
>>
>>63752857
I think if he dropped 20+ Pop and the gang wouldn't give a shit . I just don't think he wants to fuck up the locker room chemistry
>>
>>63752860
>yeah because new teams always come together and look like champions 13 games in the season!

holy fuck, calm down alarmist casual. You realize the entire philosophy of the Spurs is adaptation and that takes work. No one there panicked when they went 6 years without a title because keeping a team good, which at this point with ancient Duncan/Ginobili/Parker, requires integrating a new star, is a continuous process that requires a lot of hard work on all sides.

The Spurs's system was great and it's nice when you can pick up guys like Mills and Diaws off the market, but most players, especially stars don't inherently "fit the Spurs's" system.

And it's not like they're even doing badly. They're 10-3 less than a quarter into the season for fuck sake.
>>
>>63752875
What the fuck was he thinking? That he was going to be a starter? Even Lance going made no sense but Lance seems like he just wants a paycheck
>>
>>63752860
>Did they want him just to show other players they can recruit?

Spurs are secretly building towards getting KD, ginving LMA the best lunches of his life showed the league they were a legit destination even if it means you have to live in a bakcwords shit hole like texas.
>>
>>63752858
16-0 Debate me
>>
>>63752884
1 game they gave up anyway which was NO.
>Duncan never went back in after the first quarter
>Pop pulled the plug like with 8 minutes left

An the OKC game was the first game. They are actually doing very well together without having Aldridge completely integrated.

>been beating people 15+ for a few games
>>
File: 5656202550.jpg (64 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
5656202550.jpg
64 KB, 306x306
>>63752875
Raptors LITERALLY fucked the entire Clippers organization up with that humiliation loss hahaha
>>
>>63752875
>"I'm not proud of anyone right now -- including me." -- Doc Rivers

So doc rivers is a shit coach in terms of decision making, and he's a shit coach in terms player chemistry, what is he good for?

Blake did improve a lot these years but I'm not sure how much is on Doc for that.
>>
>>63752893
I've actually always wanted to see LeBron on the Spurs. I think he would be a god in their system. I mean, he's a god already, but on the Spurs he'd be the fucking Lamb of Hosts.
>>
>>63752893
Better than living in Texas's hat.
>>
>>63752877
>>63752877
His career avg is only 19. Granted that's weighed down from his first season and this season. So 20 would be his real career avg.

Honestly all that needs to happen is he needs better looks a little closer to the basket. His FG% is down in general, but having to pop out so far away from the hoop on those high screens isn't helping. He's also not using those to drive to the rim which is really odd. I don't think I've ever seen that yet.
>>
>>63752912
he was out because of an ankle injury. Might have been that
>>
File: stephen-curry-full-screen.jpg (308 KB, 1124x1124) Image search: [Google]
stephen-curry-full-screen.jpg
308 KB, 1124x1124
Sup y'all? 82-0 Got you flustered?
>>
>>63752905
They have like 4 fucked up head cases on that team.

Chemistry was never going to happen.
>>
>>63752884
They are good not because of LMA. They could have spent that money on an actual star. Again, it seems like they got him just to signal they are a destination for big name players.
>>
>>63752920
RBL+C about to dominate.
>>
>>63752920

I just realized after the Warriors repeat this year, Steph will have the same number of rings as Lebron in a 6-year shorter career, and Lebron won't even be the best player to have even been born in Akron.
>>
File: 1395673194300.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1395673194300.gif
14 KB, 416x416
holy shit are we actually discussing basketball here now?
>>
>>63752937
Mods ban 1 guy and scare him into silence and suddenly this general is back to being the best on /sp/.

You guys think Doc Rivers is going to get fired soon or will he be forced to trade his own son at the trade deadline? lmao
>>
>>63752615
He'd be a better passer, much better at defense, and probably not have an MVP since his individual stats would be lower.
>>
>>63752924

>top 3 PF
>not an actual star

Please tell me casual what great stars there were on the free agency market this year that would've revolutionized the Spurs. And that also would be open to scoring in a system that doesn't marginalize their other talent.
>>
>>63752956
>calling LMA a top 3 PF
Holy shit even on /sp/ he's overrated as fuck.
>>
>>63752957
>this mad casual who clearly never watched a Spurs season before this year and thinks LMA isn't a "star" calling anyone overrated
>>
>>63752893
>live in a bakcwords shit hole like texas.

Let me guess, you want to vote for Bernie and you think it's the year 2015.
>>
>>63752957
if you were going to build a team around one PF who would you build around

blake Griffin?
or Lamarcus aldridge?

LMA all day.
>>
>>63752905
Is Doc immune from getting fired as coach because he's president of basketball operations for the Clippers too?
>>
>>63752981
Isn't he basically the GM?

There's absolutely no reason why his son is still on the team
>>
>>63752951
>2-4
>Advance stats
>>
>>63752906
I disagree, LeBron needed those years of carrying every single team regardless of the roster to develop. All LeBron needed was a good coach and he didn't have that until he left the Cavs.
>>
>>63752978
>building a team around a PF
You are embarrassing yourself now
>>
>>63752951
Austin Rivers isn't even that bad. He plays defense and can score when he's not running the offense off the bench. But why Rivers is playing Crawford instead of Josh Smith and Lance for so long is confusing. Doc should probably get fired or step down as coach or they'll have to blow up the team.
>>
>>63753018
They are basically blowing up the team next season.

This season is win or bust. And so far it's a bust.
>>
>>63753018
Because Smith is garbage and he has no idea what the fuck to do with Lance.
>>
>>63752998
let me guess you'd rather build around a PG?
a shitty meme PG who doesn't even pass well. only spams 3..am i right?

CP3 is the best PG in the league in terms of skill.
>>
>>63752906
i do too but he won't ever go to a west team.
>>
where is chris paul going bros? he aint staying in clipperland after next season
>>
>>63753023
>blow it up
They just need to actually get good players besides CP3, Blake and DeAndre. When Reddick is your only valuable trade piece, you have some shit tier team building.
>>
>>63753031
meme are good. They win championships. 3s are the most important skill. lrn2nba
>>
>>63752924
I wouldn't say that. He's been playing well. Not at an all-star holy shit level, but then again no one on that team except Kawhi has been
>>
>>63753039
They've tried that for 4 years (?) now and it STILL hasn't worked
>>
>>63753031
I find it incredibly amusing that the Spurs are the only point-guard-centric team that's ever won a championship. Pop doesn't even LIKE point guards.
>>
>>63752981
Pretty much.

Watching Rivers out there is so fucking hard. Especially when there are so many other players who don't get the same amount of minutes. Even Dleague players are better.

It's fucking sad. He can't dribble and always loses it, he can't finish, can't shoot.
>>
>>63753055
what? without Parker the Spurs would have been dogshit
>>
>>63752956
>top 3
Davis and Blake are confirmed top two. Draymond, Bosh, and possibly even Paul Millsap and Derrick Favors are better than. LMA right now.
>>
>>63753031
Dude CP3 is so old and broken from those early injuries that he can't even play a full game.

Granted, their back up pg is fucking Rivers though.

That whole team is a fucking mess.

Also where is Reddick.
>>
>>63752553

delusional RBL desu, you are not even the most based broship nor are you even out here
>>
>>63753038
he's ocming home...to L.A., trade DLO for CP3, cause clips are rebuilding, and we in win now mode for kobe. we trade clarkson and future draft picks for DJ throw in hibbs why not

so

cp3
kobe
swaggy
Randle
DJ
>>
>>63752828

shaq is nowhere near Kobe and Jordan's level in terms of competitiveness
>>
>>63753069
>delusional RBL desu, you are not even the most based broship nor are you even out here

random anon pleb detected.
>>
>>63753064
>Favors
>Millsap

Brah.

I will take LMA 100% of the time over all of those guys, even Bosh at this point.

I'm actually just starting to think that yall have not actually watched basketball or Blazer's games. LMA has shown he still has all of the talent he had in Portland, but hasn't been aggressive fitting into Pop's system.
>>
john wall runs /nba/ hahahahhahahaha
>>
>>63753087
If LMA is so great why did their based lineup of Batum, Aldridge, Matthews, and Lillard accomplish jack shit? This LMA meme needs to die already.
>>
>>63753087
Millsap is more a complementary guy but he stretches the floor, passes, and defends nicely. Bosh is much better than LMA he's pretty much LMA but with better 3 point range and more quickness. I'd definitely take Davis, Blake, or Draymond (if you've seen a Warriors game this year you'd agree) over LMA. And if we're including future potential Derrick Favors is 8th in PER (meme stat I know) with a nice all around game and he's only 24.
>>
>>63752954
Players as offensively gifted as LeBron and Durant etc would probably just get frustrated on a team like the Spurs. The way I see it, the "Big 3" of the Spurs had their peaks staggered and they always had good or great roleplayers. Duncan carried the Spurs early his career but always had a lot of help after that.

If you think about it the other way, I don't think a player like Kawhi or Diaw could ever really thrive on a team that isn't the Spurs. Hell Diaw looked like he was headed to the D-league at one point on the Bobcats
>>
File: LoNUySJ.jpg (138 KB, 637x642) Image search: [Google]
LoNUySJ.jpg
138 KB, 637x642
DID SOMEONE SAY PF?
>>
>>63752978
Duncan
>>
Why don't the Lakers fire Byron and hire Thibs? They have a bunch of young athletic players, perfect candidates for defense and huge minutes
>>
>>63753024
Smith is alright, he played a big role in the Rockets' success last season. Lance can play too. That team has a shitload of talent that's not being used.
>>
>>63753127
thibs doesnt wanna coach a bottom feeder
>>
>>63753118
Diaw is a role player thriving in a system made for guys like him (smart and skilled but unathletic). But Leonard is more a LeBron/Durant/Duncan type of transcendent talent. He'd be a different player on another team for sure, but he'd still be an athletic beast with long arms, huge hands, and great defensive instinct. If his shot never improved out of college maybe he'd just be a more offensively inclined MKG. If it did and he was given free reign to shoot and lead an offense he might look like Paul George.
>>
>>63753057
He does play defense which Crawford gave up on a long time ago. He should never be in charge of running plays which is what Doc has him doing.
>>
File: curry.png (728 KB, 1397x737) Image search: [Google]
curry.png
728 KB, 1397x737
I'll jus leave this here
>>
>Thibodeau is single and has never been married.
What do you think this guy has been doing since he got fired? Supposedly he doesn't know anything but basketball.
>>
>>63753130
No he didn't. For even game he helped, he shot them out of more. Fuck off, the guy is awful.
>>
>>63753087
>yall

back to Reddick
>>
File: B2-528lCcAEUN3s.jpg large.jpg (124 KB, 1024x528) Image search: [Google]
B2-528lCcAEUN3s.jpg large.jpg
124 KB, 1024x528
>>63753086

>supporting an inferior broship

>>63753127

Lakers fans are already committed to tanking this season, they know even a coaching change isn't going to make this team a competitor. Rather ride the season out with Scott desu and get a chance at a big in the draft
>>
File: RBLC.jpg (359 KB, 1282x781) Image search: [Google]
RBLC.jpg
359 KB, 1282x781
Confirmed
>>
>>63753148
Shitposting on /nba/. What broship do you think he supports?
>>
>>63753144
harry please you have proven how easy it is for you to switch ips to strawpoll vote/ban evade after you have ban evaded like 5 times tonight
>>
>>63753149
Without Smith, the Rockets don't come back from being down 3-1 against the Clippers
>>
>>63753157

RBL, probably, that dirty bastard.

>>63753159

who is harry? did I miss something? new tripfag?
>>
>>63753163
Without Smith, they aren't down 3-1.
>>
>>63753143
He's actually solid as a 3 and D with some basic off the dribble skills. As bad as it sounds, let Lance run the offense and start Wesley Johnson at the 3.

Rivers/Crawford/Lance/Smiff plus whichever of the bigs stays on for the 9 man rotation seems solid if the players behave.
>>
>>63753148
Probably watching tape of games
>>
>>63753170
They should trade Reddick for someone good at the 3 and start Lance at the 2 like on the Pacers.
>>
>>63753144
>>63753159
>>63753167
>>63753171

>harry
lol is that curryspammer?
a 14 year old asian emo?
>>
>>63753171

about time, shit. he looks like he's 12 years old, guessing mods got him a permaban
>>
File: 1429858906175.jpg (95 KB, 490x612) Image search: [Google]
1429858906175.jpg
95 KB, 490x612
>his team has lost
>>
cant believe it literally took months of everyone reporting and complaining about curryspammer for the mods to give him a 3 day ban.

anyway, i dont think as good as GS is that they will win this year. they don't do well when things are slowed down. They lost 2 games last year to literally just LeBron James, and now Kyrie, Love (who is playing much better than he was last year), also an added Mo Williams who is playing great basketball, and Andy being back, can you really imagine that same team as last year + 4 more players losing to the exact same GSW team minus david lee? I don't know, I just can't see it. I think Cleveland is destined for a title this year unless the Spurs are completely gelling and make it to the finals. But I feel like this is Cleveland's year, and then the Spurs win another chip next year. I'm not sure GS can rely on the 3 pointer to win them multiple titles; I just don't see it right now.
>>
>>63753121

Why randle do you have to tantalize me with 13/13, but 30% shooting
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
I have an idea. RBL is literally unstoppable. Why don't we dig up some old social media posts from players and spam it everywhere until it causes an outrage and the player gets released. top kek would be hilarious
>>
>“When I’ve become the voice of ‘ball-movement reason,’ you know you have an issue,” Bryant said. “I never thought I’d see the day when I’d be the one preaching that stuff. That’s crazy.

>He added, “I can’t believe I’m saying this s—-. Are you kidding me? Like a kid that grows up and just starts sounding like his parents.”

Is bryon scott the greatest tank commander coach in the world or just really imcometant, really can't tell because he has a smug face
>>
>>63753222
His incompetency is exactly why he was hired for this tank job.
>>
>>63753171
i dont even know if this is true, im guessing it's not, but im going to pretend it is so i can laugh my ass off at harry.
>>
>>63753201
This big thing is that they don't seem especially physical, which they got away with last season because nobody got hurt but if key guys like Klay, Bogut, Iggy, Curry, or Green miss time and play at less than 100% it could really hurt them. I can't see Bogut staying healthy all year.
>>
if Lebron does win it, he will be idolized and he will become a god in the sports world....i see it now, ass loads of commercials.
new sneaks coming out.
2k will have him on the cover.
espn non stop coverage.
skip bayles will get BTFO
and curryfagwil be on suicidewatch.

and the best thing about it will that Lebron will beat GSW game 7, 103-103 with 5 seconds left with a FUCKING 3! ahahahah
>>
File: save.jpg (61 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
save.jpg
61 KB, 405x720
>>63753234

>tfw your crew messes with you in mildly homosexual ways
>>
>>63753167
>he didn't see the ebin RBL bait n switch sting operation that exposed curryspammer
It was masterful, you MUST read the last thread for some top notch shitposting from the strongest broship.
>>
File: aetTRJT.png (155 KB, 793x794) Image search: [Google]
aetTRJT.png
155 KB, 793x794
>>63753215
/r/nba already did that and nothing happened.
>>
>>63753251
yeah, i just dont think they are actually a great playoff basketball team, i feel like last year the planets just aligned for them and they figured it out, and now this streak is increasing the hype. but people dont realize a 15 game streak with 0 losses is the same as one with a loss, it'll end eventually, they will probably have about 15 losses this year again.
>>
>>63753262
how did it actually happen? anyone have a run down of this? in the last thread i just see some harry picture posting and shit.
>>
File: fag boi.png (50 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
fag boi.png
50 KB, 640x347
>>63753282
>>
>>63753282
but did rbl and 7kt go full force?
>>
>>63753290
why the fuck did he post this shit after being drafted? is he retarded?
>>
>>63753295

I'd he mad too if I got drafted by Seattle
>>
>>63753171
curryfag btfo once again
>>
>>63753288
>let curryspammer think he's welcome in RBL
>gets too comfortable and faves @lbrboship's tweet(which is now gone) about curry being accepted into RBL
>everyone finds out he's underageb8
>this triggers le mods
>proceeds to get B-T-F-O not only by /nba/ but also the mods
>this kills curryspammer
Now he just ban evades and can't post his pastas anymore or instaban
>>
>>63753294

The world aint ready for that, I think

7KT nearly caused a singer to commit suicide with only 140 characters and RBL just put broships on the map again

wew RBL really out here now

>>63753301
typical QBP, fucking stoners
>>
>>63753306
desu this has been the best nba season for me at least so far.

summer of broships.
DJ mavs drama
RBL rise to legendary status
curry spammer gets bodied by RBL and added to victims list.

feels good mayng.
>>
File: 1448248756264.jpg (352 KB, 909x578) Image search: [Google]
1448248756264.jpg
352 KB, 909x578
>>
>>63753301
damn currynig rich af
fuck you kid
>>
>>63753282

anyone who grew up in that time period used those words

i still use faggot irl desu, its not illegal to say it
>>
>>63753333
HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

hey curry faggot how's the the ereal plane treating you?

CURRY FAG BROSHIPPED INTO THE ETHEREAL PLANE AHHAAHHAHAHASHA
>>
File: 04NENbg.png (567 KB, 565x574) Image search: [Google]
04NENbg.png
567 KB, 565x574
>>63753333
absolutely destroyed
>>
File: ThirdEye.jpg (23 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
ThirdEye.jpg
23 KB, 600x368
>>63753333

quads confirmed curryfag is ded, /nba/ is back baby!

>tfw never will open my third eye and go into the ethereal plane
>>
>>63753301
Matching IPs from what/how did they get the IP addresses? Just sort of curious about this now. afaik theres no way to find out someones ip address on twitter, and is there even a way to find the actual address on 4chan?

Thanks though to you and >>63753306
>>
>The Ethereal plane
>"It is a plane out of phase. It is a place of ghosts and monsters. It is right next to you, and you don't even see it. "

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

I FUCKING LOVE /NBA/ AHAHHA GO LAKERS!
>>
>>63753348
ive gotta admit though bros however this happened, this is the best thing that's happened on /sp/ for ages.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1080
>>63753333

he's on joey badass shit kek

>>63753348

OG SPC told me over twitter that he got curryfag to connect to IRC, got his ip and matched it to Oak Park...which is place where his twitter profile notes that he attends school

afaik you can't get IPs off twitter

ima ask SPC if I post what he sent me, because he explains it better than me...there's a graph and shit
>>
Y'all got the wrong kid. Check LBR's last follow.
>>
>tfw getting 1st tattoo tomorrow
>>
>>63753361

explain, i dont see anything usual about his follow list
>>
>>63753363
better be an RBL on ur forehead
>>
>>63753372

>forehead
>third eye
>henry

wow that deep RBL bro, how long did it take you to open up your chakras?
>>
Good night /nba/ i'm gonna dream about this blow out, it truly is eternal!
>>
>>63753371
He's a noted /lit/ meme. I only know this because I'm probably the only /lit/-/nba/ crossposter but he's probably the biggest meme person over there right now. They just published a 442 page book about him.

Anyway, the fact that he's following LBR suddenly, has written a fucking poem about Steph Curry, and is known for his talent with spamming, I'd put him down as a suspect.
>>
>>63753333
holy shit all of his tweets use >le maymay arrows and shit like that. what is wrong with him?
>>
>>63753333
this boy is hideous as fuck lmao
>>
>>63753333
>ethereal plane

quads confirmed curryfag btfo
>>
>tfw on my phone in my room with headphones in and it's pitch black and I swear to god I just heard a man's voice say something
>>
File: 46-gregg-popovich.jpg (24 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
46-gregg-popovich.jpg
24 KB, 620x465
>NBA franchises with fewer wins than Gregg Popovich (1032).
>Orlando
>Charlotte
>Minnesota
>Toronto
>Memphis
>New Orleans
>>
kek senpai
>>
File: 2015-11-21 21.19.22.jpg (161 KB, 444x572) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21 21.19.22.jpg
161 KB, 444x572
we should find Harry in real life IRL real life and physically hurt him
just an idea
>>
i want to snap Curryfag's neck in half desu senpai...
then kiss him on the forehead like a caring father while he goes to sleep forever
>>
Where will you be when Philly wins their first game tonight?
>>
>>63753806

i shouldn't have laughed, but did anon. i did.
>>
>>63753873
Towns will kek Okafat
>>
>>63753909
I don't doubt that one bit. I don't doubt Wiggins will have a huge game either. I doubt the Wolves' ability to hang onto a lead because
>force-feeding Lavine minutes at PG
>>
>>63753911
good opportunity to gibe jones some extended run, too bad >mitchell is a meme coach
>>
>>63753925
No one in Minnesota is admitting it, but >we're still tanking. It's at least a little more genuine than Philly's tanking because there is definitely talent here, >we just need to know who can play where

Next year I think is when the Wolves truly make their move up the standings
>>
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 536x579) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37 KB, 536x579
How the fuck has the Wizards only played 10 games?
>>
>>63753952
Another lottery pick will only help desu. The West is still too competitive, it's better that they're not in the playoffs for one more year.
>>
Wow I went to sleep because I thought this general was going to be complete shit and I ended up missing actual basketball discussion. :/

Anyways, Aldridge is shooting poorly because like one anon said he isnt used to going multiple possessions without shooting the ball. In portland everything ran through either him or lillard. But now in the Spurs he only gets a shot every 3 or 4 possessions.
>>
Do we know Curryposter's full name?
>>
>>63754063
Steph Curry
>>
>>63754063

Yes. Look at his lastfm page linked in the image above. You can easily find him (and his parents) as he noted he lives in oak park, ca
>>
>He's a redditor
>>
File: dallasmavericks.jpg (262 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dallasmavericks.jpg
262 KB, 1024x768
>200 year old Dirk and a bunch of newcomer roleplayers
>3rd seed in the West
>Experts said they won't even be playoff contenders

I fucking love this team, everybody's playing their hearts out.
>>
>>63754120
i need to leave this website lads
>>
Opinions on the Knicks?

I think they're a year of experience and 1 piece away from contending.

Mike Conley would be a great fit.
>>
damn it sucks that im all the way out here in France
if only i lived close to Curryposter... man
>>
>>63752570
is what's got me most hyped desu, fuck kevin durant
>>
>>63752951
The Clippers added more combustible guys this year and even before that they couldn't deal well with adversity. That said they still have a ton of talent which may get them out of their funk when combined with a soft stretch on their schedule. I think they blow it up after this season if they don't get to at least the conference finals.
>>
>>63754172
ayyyyyy RARE FLAG
>>
>>63753284
>this amount of mental gymnastics
Hilarious that people just can't accept that the Warriors are a great team
>>
>>63754190
shut up senpai
>>
>>63754206
Rude kouhai
>>
>>63754190
>give up 120 to the pelicans
>give up 104 and 105 to the nuggets
>give up 116 to the wolves
>OT against the nets
>give up 110 to the raptors
>give up 117 to the clippers

Their offense is obviously elite but their defense doesn't look so great
>>
>>63754218
>what is pace
How casual has this general got? Seems like just a bunch of Spurs fans jacking each other off
>>
is Clips4Lyfe Asian?
>>
>>63754225
They were top 5 defense last year even with >muh pace.
>>
>>63754225
>play bad defense
>w-what is pace!!

lmao
>>
>>63753971
please respond
>>
>>63754239
>>63754253
They are 5th in points per possession allowed. Also they are 15-0 :^)
>>
what the fuck is wrong with Lakers? I remember them being fucking top team right?
>>
>>63754287
>points per possessions

They are 13th in OPPG.
>>
>curryspammer btfo
>curryspammer is that Asian guy from heroes

ON YAN
>>
Imagine being a super talented guy out of college being drafted by the fucking 76ers.

Okafor must be angry as hell.
>>
>>63754387
Per game doesn't matter because if you play at a slow pace you can be shit at defense and not give up that many points. Dubs play at a ridiculous pace so of course they'll give up more points because their opponents will have more possessions.
>>
>>63754316
Kobe is draining the life force out of the organization to keep himself alive
>>
>tfw we go 82-0

STEPH CURRY WITH THE SHOT BOY
>>
NEVER FUCKING FORGET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKroQA8o28
>>
>>63753570
RBL BTFO
>>
>>63754452
>Per game doesn't matter because if you play at a slow pace you can be shit at defense and not give up that many points.

This is the stupidest thing ive read in a while. For example, memphis probably plays at the slowest pace and they lost by 50 to the warriors and have lost multiple games by 20+.
>>
>YFW the Warriors go full 2000s Phoenix Suns because they're all offense
>>
File: curry + rbl.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
curry + rbl.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>63754544
>Those delicious knicks fan tears at 19 seconds in
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400830093
Reminder that the RBL will get btfo again by Curry then resume the RBL+Curry Broship
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.png
205 KB, 505x431
>Mchale and Thibs are both currently not in the employ of a professional baketball team

>dwayne casey still hasnt been fired
>>
>>63754808
Thibs hurt Derek Rose's feelings.

Thus he had to be fired and blackballed.
>>
>>63754791
Broship shit is the worst thing to come out of these threads.
>>
>>63754808
Thibs has a spot wide open for him in NY. He mentioned it as being his dream job but MUH DERICK FISHER.
>>
>>63754571
What I mean is that giving up a lot of points per game isn't that important when pace is high. A better metric is something like opponents field goal percentage, a metric in which Golden State is 4th.
>>
>>63754892
>What I mean is that giving up a lot of points per game isn't that important when pace is high

Better hope GSW faces nothing but injured teams again or they won't make it to the Finals
>>
>>63754913
I'm not even a GS fan. You just have to think logically. Let's say hypothetically I play really slow and hold the ball until the end of the shot clock every possession and my opponents end up with a glacial 80 possessions per game. Now in 80 possessions if they score 1.09 points per possession (which would rank worst in the current NBA) they'd score 87.2 points per game. So even though I'm shit at defense I give up few points.

On a less extreme scale, this is how pace affects weaker stats such as points allowed per game. Look at things like defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) or even plain old opponent's field goal percentage.
>>
>>63754128
Dallas was blessed with the Super Aryan Dirk Nowitzki. You better give him that statue outside of your arena.
>>
>>63754998
>i'll say im not a warriors fan to somehow make my opinion more valid
>>
>>63755024
It's not an opinion. Go to a decent college and you'll understand.
>>
>>63755038
>advance stats
>2-4
>>
>>63754120
>it's eternal!

AHAAAHAHAHHAAHAHHA

who /etherealplane/ here?
>>
File: image.png (364 KB, 409x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364 KB, 409x600
Trouble in LA, Chris? We'll take care of you.

Soon.
>>
>Miami are 2nd

neat
>>
File: porz.jpg (224 KB, 1200x672) Image search: [Google]
porz.jpg
224 KB, 1200x672
>>63755527
not after tonight
>>
>>63754128
I'm still laughing desu
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.