[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The "muh stats" fags know absolutely nothing about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: marino.jpg (52 KB, 350x316) Image search: [Google]
marino.jpg
52 KB, 350x316
The "muh stats" fags know absolutely nothing about football.
The "muh rings" fags know equally nothing about football.

Yet regarding this man's status on the all-time GOAT list, these two pleb philosophies contradict each other. Given that /sp/ has ridiculous amounts of statfags and ringfags alike, just where does /sp/ end up ranking him on the all-time GOAT QB list?
>>
>>63722940
He was pretty damn good on some mediocre teams.
>>
if he be the king, then why he no ring?
>>
My favorite QB of all time.

Definitely top 5. If he had even one ring a lot of people would have no problem saying he was GOAT. Fucking gunslinger.
>>
>>63723020

>no one itt called him the king
>displays his ringfag status

The intelligence level of a ringfag, everyone.
>>
>>63722940
stats fags are right about the nfl more than most any league. the games simply have too much value where you don't get to compile against lottery teams or 4-5th pitchers. few teams are just mailing it in after 2 months. players are only on the field for part of the game so they don't get the manipulative inflation of being poor defenders in high scoring games like some other sports.
>>
Marino got a very low Wonderlic score. On par with that other borderline retard QB, Tebow.
>>
File: Best Mannin.jpg (156 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
Best Mannin.jpg
156 KB, 676x1000
>>63722940
Top 10 but not that high. He played in an era where receivers got hassled more down field but he also played in an era where defensive ends and linebackers were much fatter and slower so the pass rush was nothing compared to today.

Balances out imho

>inb4 Reggie White, LT, Derrick Thomas, Bruce Smith

I know there were good ones in his era but not week in and week out

>mfw Eli is ranked higher
>>
>The "muh rings" fags know equally nothing about football.
You play to win the game. A man cannot possibly be in the discussion for GOAT status without a noticeable number of team achievements.
>>
>>63722940
He was am iconic passer in an era that wasn't about passing first. Throwing downfield then was god mode compared to now where every offense and rule is geared towards passing
>>
>>63722940

Updated: Top 25 all time best QB's

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Farve
4. Elway
5. P. Manning
6. Young
7. Unitas
8. Bradshaw
9. Aikman
10. Newton
11. Rogers
12. Brees
13. Roethlisberger
14. E. Manning
15. Brad Johnson
16. McMahon
17. Dilfer
18. Moon
19. Bledsoe
20. Marino
21. A. Manning
22. Wilson
23. Gannon
24. Testaverde
25. Pennington
>>
>>63725151

Yeah man Trent Dilfer is GOAT!!! MUH RINGS!!
>>
not that good. maybe 15th all-time.
>>
>>63725385
>Cam Newton number 10

That's some clever bait.
>>
1.aikman
2.brady
3.marino
4.namath
5.montana
6.elway
7.warner
8.favre
9.rodgers
10.e manning
>>
>>63725385
Was actually going to respond to this list with factual arguments before i saw A. Manning.
You got me anon
>>
>>63725385
>11. "Rogers"
>12. Brees
>13. Roethlisberger
>14. E. Manning
>17 Dilfer
>Marino that low
>Aikman top 10 but no Staubach.

But the worst, easily:
>10. Newton
>22. Wilson
>>
File: 1442791159516.jpg (23 KB, 334x375) Image search: [Google]
1442791159516.jpg
23 KB, 334x375
Watching Dan Marino play while I was growing up was a pleasure. Watching the Dolphins now.. well you know.
>>
>>63725385
>no tarkenton.
into the trash it goes.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.