[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we fix this shit /sp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: sixers.jpg (121 KB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
sixers.jpg
121 KB, 1022x1022
how do we fix this shit /sp/?
>>
Let the tank roll on

Hinkie knows what he's doing
>>
Play against the Timberwolves

Too bad you only do it twice
>>
Hinkie is a fucking dead man.
>>
The Bucks are decent now, the Knicks are decent now, even fucking Charlotte are kind of decent. Being a sixers fan is suffering. I want sam hinkie thrown off a building.
>>
So what if Hinkies process ends up amounting to a mediocre team that gets taken out in the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs?

Would it have been worth it to tank?
>>
>>63720620
That's what we had before he showed up
>>
>>63720701
Being a sixers fan atm seems suffering

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/667477748236034048
>>
>>63720742
>atm

It's been like this since AI left. The only way to get to a title is through talent. Either through the draft, which is what Hinkie is doing, or by attracting free agents, which they're not gonna do
>>
More second round picks
>>
>keep tanking
>acquire more assets
>trade and keep assets accordingly
>>
okafor and their top 3 pick this year will get them to .500 in 2016-2017 - which might mean an 8-seed in the crappy east.. this doesn't justify them shitting on their entire fanbase
>>
>>63721664
Yeah
>>
>>63721652
What ever happened to Dario Saric?
>>
what's sad is that i sorta liked that 2011-12 team they had :'(
>>
Draft Simmons, or hope some PG-prospect becomes god-tier over the CBB season.

Or just draft Skal and play with your 2-5 spots all 6'11 or taller lol

>>63721703
Signed a 2(?) year contract with his overseas team. Contractually can't come over this year.
>>
Tank and draft big men.
>>
Trust the process.
>>
>>63718191
Keep tanking. They'll eventually get the net Lelbron.
>>
>>63721704
They only were good because they were young and didn't die from the condensed schedule
>>
>Embiid coming back next year (possibly healthy)
>Saric coming over next year
>High chance of two top 5 picks
>Rights to swap picks with Kings, further increases chances of landing #1 pick
>More moves to come at trade deadline to help teams with the cap

T R U S T
H
E
P R O C E S S
>>
>>63721729
What about next season? Can he come over then?
>>
>>63718191
Implement relegation.
I guarantee you le asset man would be out the door if the sixers had to play in Maine and Canton.
>>
Just imagine coaching or playing for the 6ers
He culture of losing must get real depressing real quick
You're still getting paid great money, but fuck man you could've at least joined a semi competent team like Portland or orlando
>>
>>63721979
but they lost to the old ass celtics
plus the old ass spurs swept two series that year
>>
He's already said 2017 is the goal to start being good. So you can't say it's a failure until around 2020 to see what's happened.
They at least have that goal in mind, which is more than the equally bad Lakers can say. They were talking playoffs this season.
>>
Next season will tell whether they will come good. In the 2016 draft they have:

Own 1st-round pick
Los Angeles Lakers 1st-round pick (top-3 protected)
Miami Heat 1st-round pick (top-10 protected)
Oklahoma City Thunder 1st-round pick (lottery-protected)
Denver Nuggets 2nd-round pick

So potentially 4 first round picks which is pretty crazy.
>>
you can't fix it. They are the Browns of the NBA ... destined to suck and draft poorly.

Find another team or get used to suffering forever.
>>
Get rid of the GM first of all
>>
>>63721664
That bitch looks high af
>>
>>63721703
I've heard people say he wants to come over next year.
>>
File: 1447728024555.png (109 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1447728024555.png
109 KB, 259x195
>>63722647
>>
>>63718220
>being this much of a goyim

pathetic, 4 years of this team spending as little as possible while promising fans they're building for the future just to maximize profit margins is why I stopped following this shitty basketball team
>>
>>63718191
They know how to succeed in the NBA.

They are praying for that top draft pick to be the next superstar
>>
>>63726870

If I were him I'd stay in Europe as long as possible until my rights get traded
>>
The Process is just beginning it's 3rd and final major rebuild year. This off-season is make-or-break with all of the big assets coming over. Saric, Embiid, potentially 4 first round picks. Fans will expect to see noticeable improvement next year, this is their last free year to tank.
>>
File: owg art.jpg (3 MB, 1798x1786) Image search: [Google]
owg art.jpg
3 MB, 1798x1786
>>63718191
You can't.
>>
How does it feel for Sixers fans when they see teams like Orlando and Minnesota pull off faster and better rebuilds?
>>
>>63728234

>Orlando

LEL.

Although I am jelly of Minnesota, Hinke was gunning for Wiggins and Towns for sure, the lottery balls just don't always fall your way. This team will have plenty of talent to build around after this off season.
>>
>>63721664
No, threesomes are by definition straight
>>
>>63728420
I don't think the lottery ever went their way. They're always forced to settle
>>
The team is as unwatchable as they've ever been in the tanking process. I feel so bad for Okafor right now. With better teammates, he'd be running away with ROY right now.

And yet I'm more okay with the tanking process than I've ever been. If they can get another Okafor-tier talent then I'm all for it. I don't even care if it's Simmons or not. I was wrong about Wiggins and Russell being generational talents anyway, they just gotta get the right guy.

Would still love a do-over on the Embiid pick though.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.