[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, what would happen if ISIS blew up an NFL game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1443386787030.png (81 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1443386787030.png
81 KB, 300x300
Realistically, what would happen if ISIS blew up an NFL game?

Would the rest of the season be canceled?
>>
>>
Yes to avoid further casualties all over the country on a beautiful sunday
>>
The rest of ISIS's season would be cancelled.
>>
Not a chance.

The NFL loves 3 things; making money and working to forcibly embed itself into culture, and wrapping itself with patriotism.

Realistically, you'd have ceremonies at every game, and you'd have a big faux-patriotic push about how the people killed were doing what all true Americans do. Watching America's league, playing America's game, brought to you by Chevy, America's truck, and America's beer, Bud Light.

If you are old enough to remember how much they milked hurricane Katrina and the Saints, it would be nothing next to the shit they would roll out for a terrorist attack on an NFL game.
>>
>>63717003
If it was a raiders-chargers game

>would anyone care?
>>
>>63717003
>jags stadium attacked
>no injuries because it was empty
>>
What team would ISIS attack?

i know for sure it wouldn't be philly because those fans are bigger animals than ISIS.
>>
They wouldn't because here in america our citizens responsibly carry firearms so they won't try anything
>>
>>63720804

Not in NFL stadiums. Hell, Goodell won't even let cops carry in them.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (11 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
11 KB, 240x210
>>63720804
> here in america our citizens responsibly carry firearms
>>
>>63720998

Michael Moore, plz go.
>>
>>63717529

You literally proved how fucking retarded you are.

You are a 38 yr old white guy with a wife who has 4 kids who are age 2-12 and you shop at Walmart for all your shopping needs. You are a pathetic fuck that needs to re-evaluate his life because all you do is live your life for Sundays when your gay ass team loses and you drink yourself to sleep.

You wake up to realize you are hungry and your angry wife hates you and you hate her for boaring your annoying girls and single boy and finally for just you being you.

Faggot
>>
Invasion of the middle east
It would strike the american people where it would really hurt, their breadcircuses
>>
>>63722793
that's harsh. I don't think calling him a faggot was really necessary
>>
>>63722835

I'm sorry anon

I went 2deep4him
>>
>>63722793

>WHO PROJECTION HERE

please consider suicide
>>
>>63722793
>blaming the victim
>>
9/11 only delayed the season for a week. Only way you're going to cancel an NFL season is if either everyone in the US suddenly stops caring about football or the world ends.
>>
i scream you scream we all scream for ice cream
>>
>>63717003
>yfw 18-1 is about to happen again
>ISIS ruins it
>>
>>63717529
holy fucking hell dude. why 3 things? why is it always three things? is 4 too many? is 2 not enough?

Out the fucking window into the bins in the alley below
>>
I can see a land invasion followed by an annual NFL Sand Series played at a hastily constructed field at the center of ISIS headquarters
>>
>>63717529
They also gave the Patriots a ring after 9/11
>>
>>63717003
Massive security increase widely supported by the public.
Massive waves of patriotism.
Calls for an all out war in the middle east.

It would reset everything to the years after 9/11. Only worse because Obongo is president.
>>
>>63724182
They gave em 3 rings.
>>
>>63724191
Why is it always 3?
>>
>>63724003
what if an entire team or two is wiped out. What if the falcons and the Colts are just gone next week?
>>
>>63724219
Andrew Luck would be enshrined as the legend and hero he was. The NFL would then give him 4 Honorary Super Bowl rings for the ones he would have surely won if his life wasn't cut short. The Falcons... well Atlanta might get an expansion team 10 years after the event maybe.
>>
Isis doesn't even have the firepower to blow up a whole stadium. If they did they would have done it.
>>
>>63724507
If they did they wouldn't be around anymore this is of course considering it was an American stadium would anyone really care if they blew up a stadium of kebabs.
>>
>>63724207
Because those rings were won during the height of post 9/11 fever. And then Spygate, 18-1, and Deflategate happened.
>>
>>63717168
This lol, oh man the war we'd bring. Back to the desert boys.
>>
>>63722793
why do you care what he likes retard? go back to anime
>>
>>63724219
There are contingency plans in place for these types of events (e.g. a plane crash) involving an expansion-esque draft from other teams players to keep the franchises going.

It's up to the teams/commissioner/NFLPA about when they should start playing again, but I can see them taking just a week off. They'd sell it as "can't let the terrorists win", "patriotism", and "that's what (insert player or fan name) would have wanted" but it's really about the money. It's always about the money.
>>
>>63722793

projection: the post
>>
ISIS SUCKS!
>>
Hell no, too many shekels to pass up on. NFL would find a way to profit off of it.
>>
>>63720724
Cowboys, I'd say the Patriots but people would be happy to see those cheaters get what they deserve and ISIS support will go up because some Americans would see them as vigilant doing the job the law and the NFL refused to do by bringing Belicheat to justice.
>>
>>63717003
It wont happen, the FBI probably already has a separate division dedicated to the NFL, or at least major sports leagues in north america. Since the paris attacks, security has been ramped the fuck up (foiled attempt in germany for example).
>>
>>63717104
Announcing reports is a bannable offence.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.