[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Offical Austria vs Switzerland thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 4
File: AustriaVsSwitzerland.png (1 MB, 2000x664) Image search: [Google]
AustriaVsSwitzerland.png
1 MB, 2000x664
Offical Austria vs Switzerland thread
>>
>non square flag
Triggered desu
>>
Sommer; Lichtsteiner, Djourou, Klose, Moubandje; Mehmedi, Inler, Behrami, Shaqiri; Drmic, Seferovic
>>
inb4 explosions
>>
The city of austria:
Özcan (Ingolstadt, 4 Länderspiele) – Klein (Stuttgart, 32 Länderspiele/0 Tore), Prödl (Watford, 54/4), Dragovic (Dynamo Kiew, 42/1), Fuchs (Leicester, 71/1) – Baumgartlinger (Mainz, 41/1), Alaba (Bayern München, 41/10) – Jantscher (Luzern, 19/1), Sabitzer (RB Leipzig, 15/3), Arnautovic (Stoke, 47/10) – Janko (Basel, 50/25)
>>
Btw, not a fan of HC in the OP.
>>
>>63629455
it's supposed to be irony senpai
>>
>>63629480
2deep4me
>>
good luck healthpack. good luck sideways peru.
>>
>Germany vs. Netherlands cancelled
...fucking hell

>>63629535
Thank you, USA. God bless.
>>
>tfw this thread has died before it could begin
>>
h-hello?
>>
>>63630540
The thread might kick off when the match starts. Especially since Germans were expecting a football match, and now have nothing but this.
>>
>>63630666
Fucking terrorists, mang.
>>
>>63629249
>austria
starting two worldwars, not giving a fuck

>switzerland
jew gold and toblerone

>germany
pissing itself because of some boxes, calls off game
>>
>>63630718
Not even terrorists want to go to Wien, so >we should be good.
>>
>>63630743
I can understand them. Vienna a shit (except for the art scene)

>>63629387
How close is that to your usual starting 11?
>>
>>63630807
No Rodriguez (mourning), no Xhaka (ded). Apart from that it's pretty close.
>>
>>63630857
>RiRo's mother died
Bummer
>>
>>63630938
Seriously. Not even 50.
>>
Since Koller is rightfully using this game to experiment a lot, I don't expect too much from it. Would be nice if >we stayed undefeated this year though.
>>
Hat einer nen ORF stream?
Hab kein TV..
>>
>>63631052
Blick have the SRF stream on their site.
>>
>>63631037
Would be nice but it's a friendly so yeah. As long as it's no blowout.

>>63630956
Jesus, horrible world.
>>
>>63631111
SRF provides a livestream on their website, but I wanna hear some ORF commentary aswell.
>>
I bet my life savings on an Austrian win. Why didn't you?
>>
>>63631113
To be fair though she got to see her 3 sons become professional footballers, and one win an U17 WC title.
>>
>>63631159
you don't want to deal with König senpai
>>
>>63631159
Zattoo have ORF, that's probably one of the best quality streams you'll get.
>>
>>63631160
You never know in friendlies. Not only are the players taking it less seriously, but there are also a lot of newer players being tested. I'd say this game can go either way.

>Prödl already out after 1 minute
Wat.
>>
>Prödl

>>63631159
>but I wanna hear some ORF commentary aswell.

For what purpose

>>63631165
That's nice but still 50 is just so young.
>>
>>63631220
>>63631275
Ski aplin commentary is godlike on ORF, and hilarious too.
>>
>>63631401
König is commentating the match today, and he really is the most emotional one of the bunch. All other football commentators we have are sleep inducing. What all of them share is a poor understanding of the game.

>0:1
It begins.
>>
SEFEROVIC
>>
File: 629511.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
629511.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
fug
>>
Topkek, nice defending.
>>
Alaba thought he was passing back to Neuer, turns out it was only Özcan
>>
German ref already fucking up too. This is going to be good.
>>
7:1 incoming
>>
ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT ALAGOAT
>>
tears
>>
>Lichtsteiner
Play Lang desu
>>
Pretty lucky, but I'll take it.
>>
>>63631828
To be fair the opener was pretty lucky.
>>
our center is complete garbage
>>
>>63631822
>tfw wizard
>>
based shaq
>>
Based Rambo.
>>
BASED
>>
>Shaqiri
>what the hell was that.jpg
>>
>be Swiss in Netherlands
>nothing all afternoon
>Several interesting footy matches, Federer and ZSC all playing at the same time
>>
I've just realised that Jantscher is ridiculously white.
>>
>''JETZT umschlaten!!!''
>''wie machen es die schweizer?''
>ball geht zu weit
>tief einatmen
>''so''

kek
>>
>regular goal called offside
I guess better now than in the Euro.
>>
Oh fuck off
>>
>>63632926
Swiss goal counts though. Poor defending and all, but why do they refball a team to victory in a friendly?
>>
>>63632974
desu that offside call was close af
>>
>>63632974
Refs make mistakes, m8. Don't get too upset, it's just a friendly.
>>
This defending brings back horrible memories from several years ago.
>>
>>63633037
Wasn't offside at all
>>
>>63633114
B-but muh team's undefeated stats this year.
>>
>>63633145
not saying it was
>>
>>63632974
>German ref refballing against Austria
What did you expect? But like other Anons said, better now than when it actually matters.
>>
>fed
>hard games

>djoker
>easy games

where is the federer of 2008
>>
Honestly, I expected the offensive part of the team to be shit, but they've performed quite well, all things considered.

Meanwhile the defence has committed atrocious errors. The 1:0 was such a stupid mistake by Alaba, that really shouldn't happen considering how good he is for his club. In general, he really seems sub par for the national team recently. Sure, he scored the equalizer, but that was mainly luck.
The second Swiss goal was the result of atrocious marking, a complete collapse of the defensive line and frankly, a keeper that really makes me miss Almer. Sure, Özcan is good for his club, but he simply seems so insecure, and that spreads through the defence.

I wouldn't say that all is lost, but Koller needs to get the defensive line back in order until the next half. And maybe play Janko for Okotie.
>>
File: german refs.png (553 KB, 789x439) Image search: [Google]
german refs.png
553 KB, 789x439
They were even in the perfect position to judge it. I doubt they're really that incompetent at their job - they probably just don't give a shit about this match.
>>
>>63633936
Not that it matters though. My money is still on a draw.
>>
>>63633936
>We could be scoring 5 times as much and still lose if the defence keeps getting its shit pushed in.
>>
>>63633936
Shit happens.

>>63633828
>In general, he really seems sub par for the national team recently.
Good to see I'm not the only one thinking that. He's been not near his best since his return.
>>
>>63633936
It's not that easy as a linesman to judge two bodyparts that are both off the ground though.
>>
>>63634163
The thing about Alaba simply is that he has to cope with two vastly different systems and needs more preparation time for the nt than before.

Still no idea why he makes silly mistakes like that though.
>>
>>63634285
Exactly.
>Still no idea why he makes silly mistakes like that though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqzmdo_gprY
>>
How is Inler captain?
>>
>Onisowo
Oh god, a Mattersburg player. This can only end in slapstick.
>>
>Fuchs
>>
thank god Inler is out
>>
Fuck it, I'm betting on a Swiss victory now.
>>
>Astronaut
That looks painful.
>>
Austrians pushing hard lel
>>
Just score already ffs
>>
>Austrians in charge of attacking
Kek, it's one of those games where they could play on for hours an wouldn't score a goal, like the matches in Kazakhstan. Thank god this is just a friendly.
>>
Schweizer wieder mal am bäläle
>>
1:3 incoming!
>>
>>63634812
Everyone else is either too old to be made captain now, or not oldbl enough.

Should just make it Xhaka, he's doing a good enough job as captain at BMG.
>>
Come on, just score a cheeky equaliser and it's all good. A loss would be really undeserved.
>>
>Ruefer constantly going on about Schwegler
Anyone who reacts like a little bitch to not getting called up, doesn't deserve to be called up.
>>
>>63636283
Not going to happen. We're doomed. It's all ogre.
>>
How the fuck do you fuck up this bad derdiyok
>>
>>63636283
Even a draw would've been undeserved after that second half, but due to the refball the Swiss were able to defend with 10 men for most of the second half and hang on to the victory.
>>
FUCKING SCORE ALREADY

WE DONT DESERVE THIS
>>
I honestly wouldn't have minded a loss, but since it was only due to the refball, it has a very bitter aftertaste.
>>
Well, it was a mediocre game. Both teams haven't performed up to their standards. In the end, we made more crucial mistakes and had the ref against us
>>
>muh refball
Whooooooooo cares, it's a friendly.
>>
>>63636510
He's great at providing the last touch. Just shit at almost everything else.
>>
File: 1446008464319.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1446008464319.gif
3 MB, 426x426
>this game
>>
Second half was far superior to the first, but with a final third that was completely stripped of anyone decent but Arnautovic a result like that is understandable.
At least they played well in the midfield and the defence didn't fuck up completely.
>>63634873
I don't even think he played that badly, he fit into the system quite well considering he's been called up once.
>>
>>63636789
Staying undefeated for the whole year would've been deserved for this team though. Plus this match had a lot of similarities with the friendly against Brazil. Both times a draw would've been enough to stay undefeated in a whole year, both times Austria played better but the refs made sure it doesn't happen.

I know, at the end of the day it's just a friendly, but I want all those records from the past to finally be history, so people finally move on from Cordoba and co.
>>
>>63636905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYSfzmQNwE
I guess everyone will be glad to have >us in their Euro group.
>>
>>63637093
Probably. I could fix Switzerland though.
>drop Inler, play Zuffi instead
>make Xhaka captain
>play an attacking three of Mehmedi, Seferovic, Shaqiri
>CB pairing of Djourou and Lustenberger, since they're the two that actually play for their clubs
>assuming Klose moves clubs over the winter to get playing time Djourou Klose is also acceptable
>Lichtsteiner has played like shit for the last two matches. He either needs to sort his shit out, or be dropped for Lang
There, national team fixed.
>>
It was clear from the get-go that Kolller didn't want to win here. Why else would he start with Okotie and then switch him out for Hinterseer, a striker mainly known for fuck-ups of massive proportions.
You thought Harnik wasted chances? Just wait for Hinterseer because that guy couldn't score against an empty goal if he tried for half a day.
Also: 13 corners. None even resulted in a half-chance.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.