[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> NBA for working class and blacks > NHL for rich and whites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: PepeWonders.png (27 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
PepeWonders.png
27 KB, 499x499
> NBA for working class and blacks
> NHL for rich and whites

Is this pretty much the dichotomy of winter sports in the US? If so, would you bother balancing out these leagues?
>>
>>63622600
Basketball on ice but with goalies
>>
> blacks
> working class
>>
>>63622600
>not watching both
>>
>>63622600
hockey is THE sport of working class folks across the north, coonball is the worst sport ever invented, wtf are you on about
>>
>>63622600
Blacks don't work though. They leech.
>>
They're both shit, idgaf which turd is shinier
>>
No, NBA is popular with blacks and young wannabe eminem suburban white kids

Working class whites hate the NBA because its so showboaty.
>>
>>63623206
Nice meme
>>
>>63623155
This, sadly. And I come from a basketball family (uncle had the high school basketball record for an entire certain state in points, steals, rebounds for like 27 years).

But its a really stupid sport.

Question: who here enjoys/likes/tolerates college basketball but absolutely can't stand NBA?
>>
>be argentinain living in America
>white, upper middle class
>participate in white culture
>go to a white school
>watch basketball
Fuck off OP, I know plenty of white people who pay attention to the NBA
>>
>>63622600
>implying even the rich white people follow basketball down here
>>
>>63623302

>who here enjoys/likes/tolerates college basketball but absolutely can't stand NBA?

Right here my man. I also come from a basketball family. Mom played D1 which led to me playing from Pre-K to my senior year. Sucked balls, had a Sgt. Hartman for a coach. Not even joking, guy loved quoting FMJ and making us run an entire practice if someone didn't lock their locker. I don't think I got the message of the movie.
>>
>>63625296

*he got the message
>>
Working class white people dont watch ape hoop they watch the nfl and nascar.
No one in the south gives a fuck about basketball
>>
The nba is like 95% nigger white people have no one to relate too not even a token larry bird fucker.
The NFL still has a strong amount of white players and qb's, this is why the NFL beats the NBA in ratings because whites dont want to watch nigger ball because there is no one to relate to
>>
>>63625337
This actually, I know every important NBA player will always be black and I have very little motivation to watch it
>>
>>63622600
Whites people that follow or care about the NBA are as bad as whites that unironically like rap music.
>>
>>63623302
>unironically watching and enjoying amateur sports

What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>63625337
>this is why the NFL beats the NBA in ratings
Get the fuck outta here. NFL beats NBA in ratings because
1. Only 1 game a week
2. All games except for 2 are on the same day
3. That day most people are off

Take your stupid ass race shit back to /pol/
>>
File: today-we-remind-them.jpg (62 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
today-we-remind-them.jpg
62 KB, 600x609
>>63623380
>Argentina
>White
>>
Not saying their product is good, but there is a reason its the fastest growing sport globally

College basketball is objectively better (except NBA playoffs)
>>
MMA goes all year round family
>>
>>63625449
truth hurts dont it kek, white people dont want to watch a bunch of apes play with a ball
>>
>>63623106
Are you fucking stupid? English isn't my first language and I realised OP implied the working class and the black class were 2 different classes
>>
>>63625373
>I follow the NBA
>I despise rap music
>>
>college basketball is better than the NBA

under what possible metric can this be true

the standard is awful...watching teams full of future computer programmers brick layups apart from 1 token black player who will play 2 years in belgium
>>
File: 1443848285920.jpg (8 KB, 233x273) Image search: [Google]
1443848285920.jpg
8 KB, 233x273
>>63622600
Eh, I like the Bucks because they're in my state and we don't have a hockey team for some fucking stupid reason.
>>
>>63625422
>not going to college

must suck being a retard
>>
The only one that needs to try is hockey. The amount of fans they have in America is dwarfed by basketball (as well as football and baseball), and thats across all demographics.

Soccer is going to regularly beat hockey in ratings in the US in our lifetime.
>>
File: 00000177.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
00000177.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>63626228
>not understanding that college is supposed to be for education, not being a D-League with attached pretense of learning
>>
>>63625745

Most white people hate style and "swagger" for some reason.
>>
>>63623302
I enjoy playing basketball. Watching it is next level death, though. I find it so fucking boring.
>>
>>63625506
BTFO
T
F
O

Amerifats can't into reading.
>>
>>63626266
>can't balance education with sports

must suck, community college fag
>>
>>63626261
As a hockey fan, I've never understood this obsession by non-hockey fans regarding the NHL's lack of popularity in the US. The league does very well financially. I just don't understand the popularity mindset a lot of football and basketball fans.
>>
>>63626889

Why do hockey fans even care? They have the best hockey league in the world, and it's in no danger of collapsing anytime soon. It's like if normal Americans were worried about foreigners not caring about the NFL.
>>
>>63626917
That's my point, we don't care, the league is doing very well, it's people outside the sport that seem obsessed with it's lack of popularity in the US.
>>
>>63625506
>>63626403

He put "blacks" and "working class" in the same sentence, implying they were generally similar to some respects, and they're not.

If anything, Hockey is a working class sport. Not basketball.
>>
>>63626954
>If anything, Hockey is a working class sport. Not basketball.

Hockey: costs an absurd amount of money to play (all that equipment), especially if you live somewhere where it isn't below freezing for more than 4 months out of a year (cost of rinks)

Basketball: You need one ball, a hoop, and shoes.

Hockey is a middle-class sport. Basketball was made for poor people, it's America's version of soccer.
>>
>NBA is for blacks and poors
>NFL is for everyone
>NHL is for working class people that like to have fun
>MLB is for suicidal people
>NCAA is for alums and people with locational ties
>MLS is for fast food workers
>MMA is for closet homosexuals
>NASCAR is for rednecks
>PGA is for the retired
>F1 is for the rich
>European Soccer is for the educated
>>
>>63623302
exact opposite. NCAA is the slowest dumbest shit in the world, the rules in the NBA and how they're enforced allow for a much, much faster flowing game.

Dropping the zone defense was the best thing the NBA's ever done, it limited the defense and its strategy, sure, but it allows for the offense (re: the main reason to play basketball, lol defense) to be more open and do more unique things
>>
>>63626968
>it's America's version of soccer.
IT's the absolute opposite of soccer when you watch it though. Emphasis on stature and athletic prowess. Someone like Curry is considered an outsider for relying on technique. And the entire culture of the sport revolves around it being very high scoring.

Soccer on the other hand is open to any stature as long as you're somewhat athletic. The main focus of he game is on technique. Someone like Riquelme who was not agile could reach the top because of impeccable technique and vision. And mistakes by the defense are considered far worse than mistakes by the offense.

Both basketball and and soccer may be similar in terms of investment required but ideologically they are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
>>
File: 1427140124688.jpg (16 KB, 326x352) Image search: [Google]
1427140124688.jpg
16 KB, 326x352
>>63626969
>MLB is for suicidal people
>NFL is for everyone
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.