[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you say that the majority of top athletes use PEDs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg (10 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg
10 KB, 220x165
Would you say that the majority of top athletes use PEDs?
>>
American ones do.
>>
>>63614999
Most likely. Other than the patriots tho cuz we don't need that shit
>>
At some point in their life/careers, yes, most definitely.
>>
>>63614999

The ones that play for the Denver Broncos sure do.
>>
>PED
Going to be semantic here and assume illegal PEDs

Either way, YES. And they'd be fools not to. Anyone who denies this is naive and has never been closely associated with high level sports.

In terms of drug testing, athletes are usually given enough warning to clear up their system. For example, in the NFL, the only ones who get caught are the ones that are stupid as fuck to not pass.

I don't understand how this is even up for discussion. Steroids are much more common and prevalent than the average person thinks they are. And not just in pro sports.
FFS even /fit/ has a constant, ongoing, general thread for roids. Why would a pro athlete not want to perform the the peak of their capability?
>>
>>63614999

The majority of athletes in general use PEDs. The trainers on my college football team incorporated them in our lifting a treatment regimens and we were far from a big time program.
>>
>>63615546
This, i'm writing a dissertation on the ethics of performance enhancing drugs in sports, there is 100% academic evidence they roid and use PED's and yet the majority of people refuse to believe it, it's almost kekworthy
>>
>>63615957
Eh, there were several kids a grade or two below me in middle school that were literally over 6 feet tall and husky as hell. they all ended up playing offensive lineman at high school, won the state championship, and are all playing division 1 football right now as starters.

unless the parents literally roid up their kids at age 8 then some people are just natural freaks of nature.
>>
>>63615957
In cases where the sport is not really ongoing and can't really hand out game suspensions, the drug testing is just as ridiculous.

For example, in weightlifting (this has happen to multiple athletes in recent history, even), if you are at the top you only really need to consider the Olympics or the World Championships.
Obviously the weightlifters are juiced to their gills, but as said, they just get off in time for the drug test. If they are, for some reason, unable to get off cycle in time or cannot/will not pass the test (easily determined by self testing just ahead of time), they can easily just pull out of the event entirely. Nobody can point any fingers at them because they can just have an 'injury'. There are even many cases of athletes pulling out with 'unspecified injuries'.

Why do you think people have this refusal to believe/admit? Do you think it's because of the general negative stigma associated with steroids/performance enhancers? Maybe they have their own bias towards an athlete and are willing to accuse only others?
I agree though, this discussion is laughable
>>
>>63615546
I've never played organized sports in my life other than house leagues as a kid and I've taken steroids a couple times. Sure, I don't get tested, but most of the pros surely have at least dabbled in it.
>>
>>63616035
>Why do you think people have this refusal to believe/admit? Do you think it's because of the general negative stigma associated with steroids/performance enhancers? Maybe they have their own bias towards an athlete and are willing to accuse only others?

Naivety I'm guessing
>>
>>63615991
Some people truly are physical freaks. But others mature at other times and catch up.
Even if you were at level 10 and everybody else was at level 9, why wouldn't you stick yourself to go to level 11? Especially when all the 9's are alreayd sticking themselves to get to 10

The guy you replied to is literally laughing at your post, he even told you ahead of time
The genetic freaks are the ones who become pro athletes. The best in the city, as a kid, ends up facing heavier and heavier competition until he is amongst his peers at the pro level.
>>
>>63615957
it depends on the sport really but high level athletics about 95% are taking
>>
>>63615991
There's direct quotes to academics, not the media admittedly, in papers about the their use of PED's. One part of the paper describes how the coaches would leave amphetamines on the table in candy bowls before a match, for the D-linemen to take because they can play in a semi-enraged state, and removes lots of psychological problems temporarily. this is even before getting into HGH and roids and coke and even ironically some smoke weed to relieve tension. cricketers have been thought to use adderall, which pro gamers 100% use, but they don't drug test. also cycling lmao
>>63616035
there's people like my dad would almost made it as a professional athlete, who don't admit it because he knows if he was on juice he 100% would have made it. the guy is still playing high level sports at 56 he's a machine but he missed out because he performed badly in the one shot he got because he was working from 16 just couldnt commit to full time trying again, so just drifted off the radar. some people like to pretend they are basically the same as most elite athletes, and some think the competition wouldn't be 100% even without it. whereas I believe that anabolic steroids have a lot of positives in society, same with HGH and it's braindead to keep the stigma around them, just regulate the dosage for athletes and make sure they don't do anything dangerous somehow. look at fucking cycling
>>
>>63616129
if the thread is still up i'll come and post some of the sources, and if it's in journals you guys can't access i'll post pictures of the shit.
>>
Pretty much. Probably like 80-90% of average-level pros (could be more or less depending on sport and role), and 100% of top-level pros.

Leaving aside the mountains of hard evidence that PED use is common in virtually every professionally-played sport, you can occam's razor this by asking the following questions:

Are top-level athletes obsessed with being good at their sport, often to the detriment of other aspects of their life? Yes.

Do PEDs make athletes significantly better? Yes.

Is it easy to take PEDs without being detected? Yes.

Pretty easy to infer from these facts that a significant portion of athletes use PEDs.
>>
>>63616396
>Is it easy to take PEDs without being detected? Yes.

Wrong.
>>
>>63616035

HGH supplementation is undetectable by traditional testing methods past 72 hours of the injection.
>>
>>63616477
dude there, or was at least, videos on youtube giving you a guide on how to cycle and not get caught if you knew the rough time of testing lmao
>>
>>63616477

As long as an athlete has a small amount of notice (72 hours or even less, depending on what they're using) and has planned their PED use with the assumption that they will be randomly tested on short notice, they will pass the tests, every time.

The only way to truly prevent PED use would be to test athletes constantly and randomly, with literally zero notice. They'd have to knock on their door at 3 AM and demand a blood/urine/whatever sample at that moment, and the penalty for refusing would have to be suspension.

If the testing program is less stringent than what I described (and it is, regardless of sport), then athletes will pass the tests without difficulty while still being juiced to the gills 364 days a year. And even if testing WAS this hardcore, you'd still have top athletes using experimental compounds that no one's even figured out how to test for yet.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.