[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the end, is deflategate going to tarnish his legacy and keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1536x1998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1536x1998
In the end, is deflategate going to tarnish his legacy and keep him from being considered one of the greats? Or will it be forgotten?
>>
delategate hurts goodells legacy, not bradys

Brady beats the NFL in court and comes out the hero
>>
>>63603704
Well, the NFL lost the case and admitted in a Federal court of law they have no evidence.

I really can't see this keeping Brady out of the HOF
>>
The way Brady has been playing this year has saved him from it. His doing a great job in washing all those stains off his ring.
>>
>>63603732
nice try patsfag

everyone thinks hes a cheater, especially normies who dont watch football

at my work all the ladies who dont watch talk about him being a cheater whenever football is being discussed by people who do watch it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls6WT0DrFM&list=FL4kx-KQpH7UlITkrz33Jyuw&index=4
>>
>>63603704

Is this a joke?

It already has been "forgotten" for the most part. During the offseason it was non-stop 24/7 deflategate jokes and it actually did seem like his legacy was taking a really big beating

Then they won in court, that helped a lot. And now they're 9-0 and he's the MVP of the NFL and you hear almost nothing about deflategate because people now realize how fucking little impact it had. The Patriots numbers are all better this year than last year
>>
They will see the judge berman ruling

everybody knows the NFL was in the wrong
>>
>>63603704
are you kidding? it will enhance it. people will realize how the NFL was fixed for Manning and always went against Brady but he still won 4 owls (minimum)
>>
File: 124454534645.png (63 KB, 216x266) Image search: [Google]
124454534645.png
63 KB, 216x266
>>63603820
the delusion of patsfags is truly unbelievable
>>
>>63603704
It wouldn't matter. Pete Rose got his sins expunged by the MLB so they won't even blink before anointing Brady.
>>
A guy I work with was saying "man you can say Brady is good all you want but the way he cheated in that SUPERBOWL wil get forgot" literally those were his words, at another time he also said while me and a coworker were talking about the patriots win vs the colts "yea but what about that superbowl they didnt do too hot there"

So Based on this alone I think most people will believe hes a cheater because of deflategate and dont really care otherwise
>>
>>63603784
pls go roger
>>
Everyone who's not a Pats fan thinks he's a cheating douche.
>>
File: 1446847805001.jpg (17 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1446847805001.jpg
17 KB, 480x472
>>
>>63603923
>so there I was talking to my made up friend who is also a Colts fan
>>
File: no more.jpg (2 KB, 73x95) Image search: [Google]
no more.jpg
2 KB, 73x95
>the year is 2032
>MA Gov. Tom Brady, NFL HOFer, declares he is running for president
>former NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is found dead in his NYC apartment after ODing on heroine, he stuggled for years with addiction after his firing
>>
>>63604018
If he actually lived there he could retire and become Gov of MA the next election. I don't think he could run a state on the east coast from California.
>>63603965
Listen Brady defender (because if I called you anything else you'd deny it) Belicheck and Brady will be remembered as Controversial but great. That's it. They get the Al Davis treatment of US against the NFL and there will always be a split and they will never be considered Jesus south of New England. Even though he is the GOAT of his era.
>>
>>63603965
wat
>>
>>63604146
>GOAT of his era
>greatest of all time of his era

Whoa I didn't know Chris Collinsworth browsed /sp/
>>
>>63603704
No one will care about deflategate after 18-1 happens again this February. It's obvious that Eli threw today's game on purpose to keep the Pats undefeated.
>>
>>63604258
Fine BOTE. Better?
>>
Nope, even my normie facebook maymayers know it's bullshit and just pull the cheater card for "banter".

It might have been worth something if

>Suspension was upheld
>Brady came back
>Wasn't as effective
>Pats have a shitty year

Instead

>United States courts declares it bullshit
>Tom Brady comes back better than ever
>Pats are 9-0 and look like favorites to win the bowl
>>
>>63603784

You're saying that the opinions of women that don't even watch sports is evidence you are correct. Why are you such a fucking faggot?
>>
No commish, no arbitrator, no GM, no player, no rings or trophies can ever affect public opinion.

He'll always be remembered as a slime ball cheater everywhere outside New England. Deal with it.
>>
Let's be real, the Patriots are ALL Belichick. Ask yourself if the Patriots would be doing the same thing with almost any other QB in the league. Shit, they went 11-5 with MATT FUCKING CASSEL.

AGAIN, 11-5 WITH MATT CASSEL.
>>
>>63603704
In and of itself, it will not. Teh ongoing pattern of cheating by his team though, that could be an issue.

>>63603766
>Well, the NFL lost the case and admitted in a Federal court of law they have no evidence

Not even close to what happened. Judge says the NFL does not have the authority under CBA to impose the discipline they handed down. That's slightly different than the judge saying "He dindu nuthin'"
>>
File: why.gif.mov.mp3.ogg.png.jpg (674 B, 8x13) Image search: [Google]
why.gif.mov.mp3.ogg.png.jpg
674 B, 8x13
>>63604018
>>
File: 1386703076453.jpg (207 KB, 885x902) Image search: [Google]
1386703076453.jpg
207 KB, 885x902
>The legacy of Peyton Manning
>>
>>63608608
>casual: the argument
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 178x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 178x180
>>63608840
>674 B JPG
>>
>>63608884
Inept moron: the rebuttal.
>>
>>63603704

Nope. None of that shit matters.

I don't see the advantage gained.

Did well with balls we knew were legal in the SB and doing fine will balls we know are legal now. I doubt if he did do it it helped.

Spygate also didn't help. Video taping from an unapproved location does not give you an advantage if you can see the same things from a different location just fine.

In the end fans will not care nor should they.
>>
>>63603704

His legacy will be a historic 4th quarter comeback in the Super Bowl.
>>
>>63609178
>muh cassel 11-5

>ignoring the fact that he made it to the probowl with the cheifs the next year
>ignoring the fact that the patriots didn't even make the playoffs
>ignoring the fact that the pats went from the best offense of all time to a terrible mediocre one
>Brady threw 50 TDs the year before, Cassel threw like 21 or some shit
>7 less wins than the year before

Fucking casual
>>
>>63603704
There'll always be a camp that never forgets the scandals, but the media will most likely parade him as a shining idol
>>
>>63608608
Belichick has a losing record without Brady
>>
>>63603732
Just like how OJ Simpson's legacy is clean because he was acquitted?
>>
>>63608514
If they don't count then all those ESPN "polls" are trash, including the one that lists Bradley as the best QB of all time
>>
>>63609291
Maradona
>>
>>63603811
>It already has been "forgotten" for the most part.
Except by just about everyone that's not a Patriots or Brady fan.
>>
>>63603704
If you think Brady's legacy is tarnished, you're a dumb ESPNbabby. Not even a patsfag either.
>>
>>63611268
Explain yourself
>>
>>63609248
>muh Brady is jesus
>Pollard killed our chance at another perfect season guise
>Cassel was shittier for us proving it was all Brady but him doing worse everywhere else mean the Pats are just that good.

You are implying that the 2010 Chiefs (the only of his 4 seasons there he didn't shit the bed) are just as good as the 08 Pats (11-5 miss playoffs, 10-6 win division) who according to pats fans=07 Pats-Brady. So which is it, is Brady a good QB in a great system or were the 2010 Chiefs a QB away from walking to the Super Bowl.

Brady, as all good QB's are, are worth about 3 wins on a good team 8 on a bad team. But as long as Beli is there they have a shot to be in the playoffs until the wheels completely fall off. For all his "losing record without Brady" talk, he made and won in the Playoffs with the losingest QB in NFL history (Vinny Testaverde) with the laughing stalk of the NFL, Cleveland. A team so irrelevant that he only lost his job because the team left town. So in 3 years with Jimmy or whoever the fuck ever, as long as the pieces are there still, they will still contend.
>>
>>63611313
Sure, I'll explain. The confirmed cheating in one instance and the alleged cheating in the other had no impact on the outcomes of games. It's that simple. So if you want to call him a cheater I guess you can, but Brady and the Patritos win because they're the best, not because of stealing signals and alleged general awareness of deflating balls.
>>
>>63603704
Once a cheater, always a cheater.
>>
Deflate-gate is a non-issue

During the first half of the AFC Championship, when the balls were "deflated" his stats were:

98 yards 11/21 1 TD 1INT QBR of 61.2

After they changed them out and filled back up his numbers were:

12/14 128yards 2TD 0INT 144.3 QBR

Everyone seems to forget that the balls didn't even benefit Brady being deflated.

You morons should kills yourselves
>>
>>63611426
>The confirmed cheating in one instance and the alleged cheating in the other had no impact on the outcomes of games.
So they took the risk and time to cheat even though it would have no impact on the outcome of games?
>>
>>63611708
it had a negative impact on the alleged cheat you moron >>63611605
>>
>>63608639
the Judge asked them point blank

do you have any evidence of the alleged deflation in January

they said no

read some articles fuckwit. google it

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/08/12/nfl-lawyer-admits-to-judge-no-direct-evidence-against-tom-brady
>>
>>63611754
The illegal film wasn't "alleged," and the point is, they wouldn't take the time to cheat if they didn't think it helped. To post some numbers and say "look, cheating made them worse" is really missing the big picture.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.