[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy was ON FIRE for the pats tonight. Great pickup for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6
File: Mvp.jpg (54 KB, 399x599) Image search: [Google]
Mvp.jpg
54 KB, 399x599
This guy was ON FIRE for the pats tonight. Great pickup for the season.
>>
File: 12345346.jpg (53 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
12345346.jpg
53 KB, 576x324
They did literally try to rig this game.

ahahahha and fucking lost
>>
Been waiting for this thread to pop up, now I can finally go to sleep.
>>
Anyone have a webm of Randle being thrown around on the last pass attempt before the giants fg? There was so much shit on the pats defense that went without a call
>>
>>63595165

Pats always get the calls. It's just something teams have to figure in when they play them. The only team that gets more calls than the Pats is probably the Cowboys.
>>
>giants literally handed half the field on 3 ghost PI calls

nah, kill yourself C U CK
>>
>>63596070

>ghost

Yeah, right. Those were fucking obvious PIs. when your back is to the ball and you make contact with the receiver it is PI every time.
>>
>>63596177

on one of them the reciever LITERALLY wasn't touched

sleep tight tonight, ny kek
>>
>5 (FIVE) pass interference calls on the patriots
>most on one team in NFL history
>still saying refball favored the patriots

my fucking SIDES you are so far in denial that a crocodile might eat you
>>
>>63596177
it ok, nigger

Maybe next you can bribe the ref some more and maybe they give you even more calls in your favor
>>
The Patriots beat the Giants and the refs, it was truly a breathtaking performance
>>
>>63596254
All of them except for the one on Butler were deserved.
>>
>>63596324
>every penalty a DB commits is PI

'no'
>>
>>63596254
>stop saying we commit pass interference just because we commit pass interference
>it's not fair that we keep getting investigated for cheating just because we get caught cheating
>yes i am a patriots fan so i consider myself a part of the organization
>>
>>63596366
>getting this infuriated that your team lost despite having refball in your favor

lol there's always next year, right kekold?
>>
>>63596366

who are you quoting?

dont worry, im sure your team can be relevant in the next 20 years if you cry hard enough
>>
>>63596400
>>63596410
>everyone that realizes the patriots are a literal joke is a giants fan
>when they bring up the objective fact the patriots are repeat cheaters i'll just call him mad
typical * bandwagoners
>>
>>63596508
>can't prove the patriots cheated
>I can prove the giants just got BTFO today by the patriots practice squad
>pretending you aren't infuriated

my literal keks
>>
>>63596508
if they cheated, why hadn't their rings were taken away :^)
>>
>>63596544
>i literally believe the fat deflator story
pats fans are retarded
>>
>>63596684
So you admit you have no argument and are just trying to make yourself feel better?
>>
>>63596704
Tell me right now that you legitimately believe the patriot ball boy was called 'the deflator' due to weight loss and that tom brady destroys his electronics recreationally. I could use a laugh.
>>
>>63596704
At least he's not literally seething like you
>>
>>63596770
The difference between me and you is I don't believe things until there's proof.

You have no proof the Patriots cheated yet you claim they did, you are the fool.
>>
>>63596770
Out of context text conversation and something any rational public figure does for privacy, not to mention not wanting to set a bad precedent for other union members.
>>
>>63596770
Think about it rationally. The ball boy called himself the deflator once in his thousands of communications, and it was during the offseason when they weren't discussing football.

Even if he was referring to football which is a bit of a leap, deflating the balls is a natural and legal part of ball preparation. You have to make another leap in logic to think he's referring to deflating them after referee inspection.

If you combined this with the fact the balls have been proven to have deflated naturally in the cold weather, it's pretty obvious they did nothing wrong.
>>
>>63596254
this

tightest NFL game ever
>>
File: 1441290057853.png (606 KB, 1518x960) Image search: [Google]
1441290057853.png
606 KB, 1518x960
>>63596684
spend another 10M roger

Wells Report 2.0 when?
>>
>>63596807
So you're a retard who doesn't understand belief formation and talks about 'proof' like an athiest redditor?

>>63596846
>Out of context text conversation
Ok. To be clear the correct context is that he was dieting and therefore got the nickname 'the deflator'?
>>
>>63596992
>talks about 'proof' like an athiest redditor?
>innocent until proven guilty is now an athiest redditor belief

my fucking keks, you would shun the founding fathers just because you hate tom brady so much.

I have never seen somebody as kekolded as you are
>>
>>63597027
>this is a court of law
>pretending you apply this standard of belief to literally anything else in your life
brady internet defense force please
>>
>>63597062
>>pretending you apply this standard of belief to literally anything else in your life
I do because I'm not a retard who witch hunts anybody accused of anything.
>>
>>63596992
The context is unknown, the investigation did not ask him what the deflator text meant and decided to make an unfounded assumption about it. The much more logical conclusion is the balls deflated naturally.
>>
>>63597085
It's a matter of what is more likely. Please just tell me that you believe the dieting story is more likely than the patriots cheating.

"McNally: Tom sucks…im going make that next ball a fuckin balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done…"
>>
>>63597228
So you really think somebody trying to break the rules would give a copy of the specific rule they were trying to break before every single game?

You genuinely believe that?
>>
>>63597256
I don't know what you're talking about. Feel free to enlighten me after you tell me that you believe it is more likely that 'the deflator' was dieting than that the patriot organization was bending rules.
>>
>>63597228
You've made two assumptions, one is the "he" is referring to Brady and "stress about getting them done" is referring to deflating balls after referee inspection.

Considering there's no evidence to support the assumpion that Brady knew who McNally was and the vagueness of the text, this seems unlikely.

Focus more on the PSI of the balls, the first step is to prove the balls were illegally tampered with, and not just a result of being in cold weather.
>>
>>63597344
>I don't know what you're talking about
>yet you feel like you know that they are guilty of something

thanks for making my point I guess you silly kekold
>>
>>63597369
'He' was used after the most recent proper noun was 'Tom'. In english this indicates the pronoun refers to 'Tom'. Similar with 'they' and the footballs. What other context makes more sense?

>>63597379
Yes. The evidence I am aware of suggests it is more likely the patriots deflated footballs. Feel free to stop dodging the question and tell me what you believe the context of 'the deflator' is.
>>
>>63597344
After the Jets game last year, Brady was unhappy with the balls which Jastremski discovered afterwards had been inflated to 16 PSI by the refs, well above the legal limit. This prompted Brady to provide a copy of the ball inflation rule to the refs with his balls which showed the correct PSI for the balls.

This raises two huge red flags with the NFL's story. The first is why is Brady drawing attention to the PSI rule if he intends to break it right after anyways. The 2nd red flag is why were the balls at 16 PSI if Brady was telling the ball boys to deflate them.
>>
>>63597344
lol you don't know what he's talking about yet you claidjdjnwbwjhsbdhdhdb fuck I'm not even gonna write out a response to this as you're likely just baiting
>>
>>63597557
Except in texting it's quite common to refer back to a previous text if you receive multiple unread texts. Jastremski could have been reading the previous texts McNally sent and responding to those instead of the most recent one.

If you go back further in their conversation McNally was attempted to illegally sell his season tickets, "stress about getting them done" could be about this, considering the team forbids it.
>>
>>63597571
What, you think that in the case the patriot ball boys got caught people would decide they weren't tampering if tom feigned ignorance? Maybe they were unable to get to the balls because something went wrong. The fact that brady was super worried about ball inflation isn't really evidence in his favor imo.
>>
>>63597687
So who was 'him' from that earlier context?
>>
>>63597764
Being worried about the balls being at 16 PSI isn't evidence against him considering the legal maximum allowed is 13.5 PSI, and traditionally they were inflated to 13 PSI, this is a 3 PSI increase of over the normal amount which is very noticeable and also very hard to throw.
>>
>>63595819

Delusion. Several terrible PI calls on the Pats. including one of the worst i've ever seen on Butler covering ODB. Giants O-line was holding literally all game.
>>
>>63597868
Jastremski had a friend who also was illegally selling his tickets
>>
>>63597884
Well it is evidence that it's something that mattered a lot to brady. It's possible it would matter to other qbs similarly and this certainly isn't evidence I think proves anything. But it doesn't make deflate-gate feel less likely to me.
>>
>>63596890

2logic5me. Just call em cheaters again.
>>
>>63597962
And there wasn't any response between talking about that and tom sucking?
>>
>>63598018
Agreed, a lot of the evidence is subjective and open to different interpretations, which is why focusing on the scientific evidence is more important.

If you're curious about the flaws in the Wells Report, this is a pretty good piece on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls6WT0DrFM
>>
>>63595165
>I didn't watch the game
Refs were giants MVP dude
>>
>>63598132
>A NY professor
Into the trash his web of lies goes
>>
>>63598115
The Wells Report doesn't mention anything except those two lines, so I'd assume not
>>
>>63598175
He presents objective facts, you don't have to agree with his interpretation of them but they still highlight problems with the Wells Report
>>
>>63598132
When does he get to the evidence instead of bitching about legal process?
>>
>>63595165
they did miss a holding call on the pats final drive. but oh well
>>
>>63598325
Around 4:20
>>
>>63598368
Well i'll watch the rest but the part about gauge similarity is retarded. At least in that he was pretending physical detail is something the ref should absolutely remember. That's not how human memory works.
>>
>>63598254
>Objective
That's code for subjective. Stop playing the victim cheater enabler.
>>
>blout ez td
>meme holding call
rofl
>>
>>63598519
Maybe, but the fact that he said he used the higher reading gauge and the Wells investigation assumed he was wrong and then tried to make the lower reading gauge look more similar isn't a great start to a supposedly neutral investigation.
>>
you kinda got the feeling that it would be bs from the first drive. when blount pushed the giants player after the whistle right in front of a ref and literally nothing happened, the fix was in

at least we know the pats won't go undefeated. edelman broke his foot, which means he'll at least miss some time, during which the offense becomes far too simple with:
a)pass to gronk
b)run with blount
c)oh amendola is open

no lewis or edelman combined with buffalo getting their act together won't be nice for them next week
>>
>>63598676
That's just proof the nfl either fucked up or are dicks. In which case there isn't conclusive scientific data pointing towards deflation but the surrounding circumstances still look pretty tilted.
>>
>>63598767
>H-H-H-HE PUSHED A MAN ;_;
>>
>>63598940
the patriots are the biggest cry babies. if anyone were to lay a finger on brady after the play is over it would be a bloody hurricane katrina coming from his twat. also edelmans a little cocky prick so it was nice to see him put in his place
>>
>>63596508
Did you just call the most successful franchise (by a large margin no less) since 2000, a team that has 4 SBs and a perfect season in that span, "a literal joke"? So what do you call a team like the Lions or the Browns then?
>>
>>63598927
Just use data from the Wells Report than. They established that the balls should have been in the range of 11.32-11.52 at the end of halftime.

The ball they tested on the sideline was at 11.52 PSI, and the average PSI of the other balls was 11.30 PSI, or if you believe Walt Anderson's testimony about the gauge, that number goes up to 11.49 PSI.
>>
File: suck my dick new york.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
suck my dick new york.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>63599025
>number of penalties for hitting brady this season: 0 and probably last season: 0
>glad a player got hurt

stay class new york
>>
>>63596890
>b-but they cheated! asterisks!
>>
>>63599196

actually I'm from new england and hate the pats because they ruin football

and do you not watch pats games? he gets pissy when there aren't calls:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456147/article/tom-brady-yells-at-official-after-sack

he gets to bitch at refs with no repercussions
>>
>>63599384
>he gets to bitch at refs with no repercussions
So hes just like every player in the league?
>>
>"I thought it was a catch," said Beckham after the game, per Jordan Raanan of NJ.com, adding: "I lost us the game. ... You can't leave it up to the officials to get anything right. I caught it."

>Giants coach Tom Coughlin disagreed, telling reporters: "You have to put the ball away."

Niggers BTFO
>>
>>63596890
>using logic against pats haters

They're literally the most retarded group on /sp/. They'll never listed to reason
>>
File: 1446531670243.jpg (313 KB, 2435x1313) Image search: [Google]
1446531670243.jpg
313 KB, 2435x1313
>>63596037

>Pats always get the calls
>>
File: SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding.jpg (100 KB, 588x392) Image search: [Google]
SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding.jpg
100 KB, 588x392
>>63599466
>>
>>63599384
>he gets pissy when there aren't calls
so does fucking everyone you retarded shit

did you miss all your giants holding their hands up after every play like a bunch of faggots?
>WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>63599421
do you even watch football? any other player that yells at a ref will get flagged. and you just moved the goal posts since he tries to get flags and bitches when he doesn't but used that to make some point I'm not really sure of
>>
>>63599520
>any other player that yells at a ref will get flagged.
this literally doesnt happen
>>
>this thread
Buttmad New York fans that's as autistic as Eli himself. C'mon guys.
>>
>>63599502

What are you saying and what is gallette?
>>
>>63597228

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls6WT0DrFM&list=FL4kx-KQpH7UlITkrz33Jyuw&index=4
>>
>>63599175
Also jokes for different reasons?

>>63599185
Being slightly below the minimum PSI isn't evidence the only difference was error if they did a correct job of calculating the minimum. Of course I dunno whether they did.

If he was uncertain the human brain artificially fills in details like that when retrieving memories. I guess I would have to read the justifications to know which gauge was more likely though. You've convinced me it's not as blatantly clear as I thought though the justifications for some of the circumstancial evidence is still ridiculous.
>>
brady in a plane crash when?
>>
>>63599559
Then you must have never seen a Raider game before.
>>
>>63599466
>patriots try to horsecollar a franchise qb
no surprise there

>>63599511
>so does fucking everyone you retarded shit
that's not true at all. some players will bitch at refs and then drop it quickly, brady follows them yelling at them the entire time for getting touched
>>
>>63595165
This is not a pic of the gnats offense coach
>>
>>63599626
but nobody likes the raiders
>>
>>63599616
maybe he'll go to russia soon
>>
>>63599639
Horse collar is legal while the QB is in the pocket, faggot.
>>
>>63599639

That isn't a horsecollar you casual.
>>
>>63599687
just wait until brady gets one, faggot
>>
>>63599616
Ask one of the big guys
>>
>>63599726
not a penalty*, still a dirty hit on a qb
>>
>>63599736
read rules
>>
>>63597062
>this is a court of law
There is a reason why the court of law has the standards of proof that they do. It prevents somebody from having to defend baseless (this is where proof comes in) allegations from others who may have ulterior motives (jealousy is a big one). Why shouldn't a case like this use those same standards, especially when the integrity of the most popular game in America is in question? I just don't understand why people seem to think proof isn't required when making a judgement like this.

Speaking of proof, here is a piece of evidence that destroys the most important aspect of any criminal case, which is motive:

The New England Patriots are 10-0 (including a SB win) since they got "caught" deflating balls, presumably to help them win.

Here are Brady's stats this season:
9-0 225 328 68.6 2,709 8.3 22 2

Super Bowl:
37 50 74.0 328 6.6 4 2

So no motive, and no proof equals guilt to you guys? Where's the logic?
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.