[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are eSport sports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: esports.jpg (755 KB, 1280x2550) Image search: [Google]
esports.jpg
755 KB, 1280x2550
Are eSport sports?
>>
Dota isn't, League is
>>
my anus is a sport
>>
>>63575009
Less of a sport than masturbating 2bh
>>
File: 1447539805229.gif (4 MB, 397x260) Image search: [Google]
1447539805229.gif
4 MB, 397x260
>>63575009
i cant imagine how bad those places must stink

specially the ones with high korean population

but to answer your question, No, they are not sports
>>
no.
>>
better question: what is the appeal of attending those events? you have to watch on a screen just like everybody watching at home
>>
>'eSports'
>>
>>63575618
Can I play it?
>>
I will never be friends with anyone who goes to one of these events
>>
>>63576143
actually asians have less body odor than westerners, a common complaint about visiting westerners is that they smell
>>
>Sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
>>
>>63575009
The fact that it is called esports means it isn't sport.
>>
File: isitasport.jpg (66 KB, 500x904) Image search: [Google]
isitasport.jpg
66 KB, 500x904
>>
File: 1362405299314.jpg (97 KB, 640x932) Image search: [Google]
1362405299314.jpg
97 KB, 640x932
>>63576354
>actually asians have less body odor than westerners

TOP KEK
koreans fucking stink, i used to be military.
Was stationed in japan, then south korea.

japs are nice, clean and dont smell.

Koreans are rude, their body odor stink of kimchi (im not making shit up). They will stink up rooms.
Youll get used to the smell, but once they start to sweat...goddamn that shit aint funny
>>
>>63575009

I like watching CS:GO online, but I'd never ever attend an event. I wouldn't consider it sport either, even though the commentary and the whole coverage is really awesome to watch.
>>
>>63576197
Being part of a crowd makes anything more exciting.
>>
Well, I don't think so. But then I got asked is chess a sport? So I don't know...
>>
I'm sorry, but in my opinion being a high level gamer requires far more nous, skill, and natural gifts than being a high level athlete in a single sport.
Consider it this way; Usain Bolt is good at the running events, and not even all of them. He cannot compete in long distance running, nor can he compete in swimming, fighting, or even more basic events like shooting.
I am a professional Counter Strike player. I can still play less tactical shooters like Halo and Timesplitters to a high level, and have a level of mastery in fighting games, strategy games, and most other genres. Obviously I cannot win fighting game tournaments, but what I can do is equal to Usain Bolt swimming the 300 meter butterfly in an Olympic level time. If Bolt could do that he would be considered a remarkable athlete so why am I not, considering I have mastered several disciplines? I also think that I could defeat Bolt in many physical sports. Playing Counter Strike has given me the dexterity and intelligence to believe I could beat him in fencing or boxing, whereas my diet of gaming has given me the needed size and power to defeat him in a boxing match.
In short, I am a better athlete than Usain Bolt in most ways. I will never run the 100 metres in 9 and a half seconds but will Bolt ever put together a 200 hit combo on Street Fighter 4? I doubt it. Bolt is akin to a bedsheet designed for a single bed and nothing else. I am more like a convenient sleeping bag, just as comfortable as the bed sheet but more versatile, however, less accepted by society for nothing more than aesthetic reasons.
I hope that we are in the Olympics one day for it will let ME prove I am a supreme athlete. Oh, and don't think the Olympic orgy would exclude us. Pro gamers are VERY skilled with our fingers and I think that the beauties in the village are sick of the same baboons from Jamaica trying to fuck them every four years. They would appreciate me.
>>
>>63576197
In dota is buying merchanidse which then you resell for 3x the price. The stadium is usually 1/3rd full because everyone wants to buy shit

People buy so much shit they had to set up a limit on the amount of stuff a single person can buy
>>
You've got to be an elite athlete to compete.
Think Floyd Mayweather could even get out of Silver in CSGO. That's what I thought......
>>
>>63575009
It's a competition, not a sport.
>>
>>63576524

is golf a psuedo sport?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.