[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody who thinks Michael Jordan isn't the GOAT is rather wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: uspw_5156722_crop_north.jpg (35 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
uspw_5156722_crop_north.jpg
35 KB, 630x420
Anybody who thinks Michael Jordan isn't the GOAT is rather wrong
>>
>>63569550

LBJ is better.
>>
Requesting Jordan webms for scientific purpose
>>
Probably the best athlete of all-time desu senpai
>>
>>63569550
greatest meme player of all time
>>
>Phil Jackson isn't the greastest coach of all time
J
U
S
T
>>
>>63569565
>LBJ is better

I think if Jordan played into today's era with the new offense friendly rules he would be even more dominate then in the past. The entire game is now slanted toward the slash and go sort of player. No hand checking and area under the hoop where one can just steam roll a defense player.

don't get me wrong LBJ is still a beast level player but he is also a product of the modern era. Throw him back into the GOAT era of late 80s to mid 90s and all of his numbers would drop, a ton..
>>
Jordan kinda ruined sports but he's also the greatest athlete of all time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>63569894
Maybe he did ruin the game...or maybe you're just making excuses
>>
>>63569550
>Anybody who thinks Michael Jordan isn't the GOAT
No one seriously thinks this you dumb fuck. Anyone who says otherwise is just trolling.
>>
Curry is obviously better than MJ
>>
>>63569550
>>
>>63569958

Nah, you're an idiot, Hakeem, Kareem and Shaq were all better
>>
>>63569862
This is so stupid. People adjust to the times. There was also no zone defense back in the day, and they didn't call offensive fouls as much. LeBron and Jordan would both dominate in any era.
>>
>>63570026
Kareem but not Hakeem and Shaq

Also

>NCAA
>Rebounds
>Blocks
>>
>>63570045
>this is so stupid. People adjust to the times

but that's just it, the players were NOT able to adjust to the times. The NBA had a real problem with lower and lower average scores in games. Game playing too slow and players lacking fundamentals as they did in the past. Too many slash to the bucket players vs pure shooters.

so the NBA solved their problem of low scoring by changing a bunch of rules to make the game more offense friendly to solo drive the bucket sort of players. Opening up more lanes, less hand checking and letting a player run over another under the basket.

that's not players adjusting to the times. That's the NBA seeing a problem with the modern level of player and changing the rules of the game. It's why now the big "play" now is to just clear it out and go solo isolation over and over.
>>
>>63570021
>ncaa
>>
>>63569565
At what?
Sure as fuck not winning.
>>
>>63570021
>Kareem played 20 years
>Jordan played 14

Not to mention Jordan took 2 years off during his prime. Then he was forced out in Chicago while the Bulls were still winning titles.
>>
File: Derrick Rose #TheShot.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Derrick Rose #TheShot.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>63571764
>implying Rose's shot meant anything
>implying they didn't get BTFO in that series
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1000x500
>>
>>63570323

>Not using longevity as a valid measure of greatness.

Jordan played 13 years, Kareem played 20 and was still serviceable in his last 3 years. Oh yeah and Kareem has 6 championships

Don't get me wrong LeBron will be the GOAT but Michael Jordan isn't as far ahead of Kareem as David Stern would want you to think.
>>
>>63569550
Ronda is the greatest, I saw the commercial last night
>>
>>63572182
if you think lebron is going to win six titles you're out of your mind
>>
>>63572309

He will win 4-5 titles. But his dominance on the league, i.e. building teams up tearing teams down when he leaves. His sheer ability to carry shit players. His advanced stats and how bringing titles to Cleveland will be viewed will make him the GOAT. It won't be indisputable like Jordan's reign but there will be more than a good argument.
>>
>>63572182
Jordan was 40 (same as Jabbar) in his last season. Problem is that Kareem averaged like 8ppg and Jordan put up 20. Jordan just lost 4 years if his career during his fucking orime.

>bulls win 3 titles
>father dies
>he leaves for 2 years
>returns
>wins 3 more titles
>bulls management breaks up the team because they are feuding with Phil Jackson
>>
>Implying curry won't be the best ever
>>
>>63572383
>dominance
>2-4
>>
>>63569550
Jordan was unbelievable and probably the most clutch athlete of all time. He also seemed to just play better the more adversity he faced or the harder things got. I used to watch him every chance I could, because there was a good chance you were going to see something you've never seen before.
>>
>>63572309
He's gonna win three. He'll win his third in his last season in the nba.
>>
>>63572654

Haha the 2-4 meme, when Jordan couldn't get out of the first round without Pippen. I can't blame you though if I was a Jordanfag I'd spam 2-4 all day
>>
>>63572838
How many 50 win teams has LeBron faced in the post season? How many of those series he won?
>>
>>63578284

RAREFLAG
>>
>>63578528

CASUAL

I'm here all the time faggot.
>>
>>63578586

I don't frequent ape hoop threads.
>>
Lebron doesn't make a shot under a minute left in the 4th quarter
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.