[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing Flopping in Soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: diving.jpg (182 KB, 668x445) Image search: [Google]
diving.jpg
182 KB, 668x445
I thought flopping in soccer was an exaggerated meme but I watched part of a Bundesliga game before the NFL started last weekend at it was ridiculous. Every contested ball, players were falling all over the place like they had no balance whatsoever and they'd get the call half the time too. Both players would be going for the ball, one would get control of it and one would purposefully trip over the ball then fall down and get the call. They need to allow more contact, WAY too many fouls called when both players were making an honest attempt on the ball and the one out of position would get a penalty for kicking the ball at the same time as the other player and flinging himself to the ground. Also when player A tries to occupy the same space player b is in and getting the call for bouncing off them and falling. I want too see players going for the ball and having the best one win, no bullshit.

I used to play soccer as a kid and somewhat enjoy watching it, but it would be SO much more entertaining if they cut way down on flopping. I get that the rules benefit flopping so I don't really blame the players outside of blatant flopping where they're rolling on the ground moaning like little bitches grabbing their knee after their thigh was lightly touched.

It's not very fun to watch the sport when someone inexplicably falls down every time there's a contested ball and I don't like how when two players are honestly making an attempt for the ball in the open field with nobody having posession and one of them accidentally trips over the other or makes enough contact for one of them to fall down (I'm not talking about intentional pushing to the ground or rugby style tackling, just players colliding during honest attempts on the ball)

Let's not turn this into an America/Europe shit flinging fest, I bet plenty of Euros are fed up with the ridiculous amount of flopping in Soccer and that the sport would be more entertaining with less of it. How should Soccer fix this?
>>
Nobody cares about your stupid opinion, fuck off.
>>
This is discussed to death by us all, it's a south american thing only recently come to north Europe and everyone fucking hates it, at present it's bookable (and people do get booked for it) but many think that there should be a post game committee to deal with this
>>
>>63559169
edgy
>>
>>63559073

It's very a European thing to do though, anon. They could never see anything wrong with it.
>>
This is a reasonable opinion actually. But you have to consider that most players are twinks and a harsh tackle that would seem fine in your eyes can injure a player severely; it's happened before.

They should definitely penalize diving though with yellow cards and be more stricter for it.
>>
>>63559194
>Gerrard, Rooney etc
>aren't divers
Stop with that lie
>>
>>63559294

Read my post you fucking dickhead
>>
>>63559311

>replying to a tripfag
>>
The worst floppers are the French and Italians.
>>
>>63559276
>But you have to consider that most players are twinks and a harsh tackle that would seem fine in your eyes can injure a player severely; it's happened before.

How's that? I'm guessing someone getting a cleat to the knee from player sliding feet first towards them at full speed and getting it blown out?
>>
>>63559311
>recently
Who is Jurgen Klinsmann
Millennial pls
>>
>>63559379
Messi was out for 2 months because of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4KrH_U0w4k
>>
>>63559194
Do you think the amount of legal contact should be expanded in any way without significantly impacting player safety or compromising the integrity of the game by turning it into rugby lite? I'd like to give the refs a little more wiggle room to make no calls and therefore lowering the incentive to flop, like only blatantly intentional tripping or slamming into someone would be a foul. I want to Soccer with less fouls and a little more contact in the context of going for the ball. It's not the end of the world if you lose a challenge on the ball and trip over it when another player has a better beat on the ball and manages to get it away from you.
>>
>>63559556
the fuck? How is it possible to prevent that? It looked to me like the defender kicked the ball at the same time as him when he was trying to take it away and Messi somehow hurt himself. Am I missing something?
>>
>>63559727
different refs have different interpretations of the rules, some have a very good understanding of this and let the game run smoothly.

also, i would really hate to have more physical contact involved because we would see much more physical dominant teams which is boring as hell, i don't want to see a game with 50 fouls, much less a game were 50 fouls are not only commited but less penalized.
>>
>>63560024
good point, friend down undah
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.