[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are country vs country football games at a higher level than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Sydney-Galaxy-homebush.jpg (1 MB, 1280x898) Image search: [Google]
Sydney-Galaxy-homebush.jpg
1 MB, 1280x898
Are country vs country football games at a higher level than say club games? Or is it just the atmosphere that makes it seem like that?
>>
Club > country in terms of quality.
>>
A lot of times, the atmosphere makes it seem like that

Greece vs Costa Rica from the last world cup had the quality of an Argentine second division match
>>
>>63549073
neither
they're at a lower level because of poor team chemistry
they have a very casual atmosphere, not nearly as passionate as clubs'

it's probably just your experience with a below average league nobody cares about and a decent NT everyone gets behind
>>
"atmosphere" in national team games are universally bad, what the fuck are you talking about?

>america
oh right, if you use anfield as landmark it makes sense.
>>
>>63549073
>Or is it just the atmosphere that makes it seem like that?
lol, even in that regard international matches are awful
>>
>>63549073
You're probably mistaking the fact that you care more about international games for everyone else feeling so. International games get far more casual fans who wouldn't go to a game otherwise.

The quality of the best teams is about that of the lower end of any of the top 4 leagues. The worst teams are 2nd division quality.

Doesn't make international tournaments (or the 2nd division for that matter) any less fun to watch, in many ways it's a far more enjoyable experience, helped by how much less frequent it is.
>>
>>63549073
Depends on the sport.
In my opinion, in divegrass for example Germany would completely destroy FC Barcelona.
>>
>>63549073
Depends

Some clubs are definitely better than national teams, but in countries with shit leagues, where the best players mostly play abroad, the national team will obviously be stronger than the domestic clubs
>>
>>63550027
>In my opinion
in my HONEST opinion, the earth is round
>>
Choose wisely:
>Your country wins the World Cup
>Your team wins the Champions League
>>
>>63550027
>that flag
>this opinion
Argentina I thought you were supposed to say smart things about soccer
>>
File: 1446318438754.png (22 KB, 698x150) Image search: [Google]
1446318438754.png
22 KB, 698x150
>>63550575
sorry tbqh
>>63550697
I was talking about 2014 Germany vs current Barcelona.
>>
>>63550667
NZ winning the world cup would be bants
anyone should choose winning the world cup imo
>>
File: 1442121751628.jpg (572 KB, 945x1022) Image search: [Google]
1442121751628.jpg
572 KB, 945x1022
>>63550667
The CONCACAF champions league?!?!?!?! I'll go with the other choice thanks
>>
>>63550667
>Copa Libertadores vs World Cup
Is this even a question?
>>
>>63550784
Actually I want to revise that. There's a 6th-tier team in my grandmother's town in England that I go see every year when I visit. If they won the FA cup to qualify for the Europa league, won the EL to qualify for the Champions League, and then won that, that would actually be cooler.
>>
>>63550784
>>63550823
Imagine they can join the UCL for a year or something.

I admit I mainly had relevant teams in my head.
>>
>>63550667
My team will never win the Champions League, so...
>>
>>63549130
>"atmosphere" in national team games are universally bad
depends, in friendlies sure but in important continental competitions (euros, copa america, afcon...) and the WC the ambience is pretty good even if stadiums are filled with casuals
>>
>>63550914
Boca Juniors already beated Real Madrid and Milan in the past Intercontinental Cups, so it could happen again someday.
But again, i prefer the world cup with my country.
Vid Related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dEcaK3gC1Q&user=CristianLBanayNews10
>>
>>63549073
M8 I know Fuck all about dive grass but a top level club will have more talent than a national team.

Even Germany's national team is mostly Bayren Munich players.

But real Madrid or FC Barcelona would spank every national team
>>
>>63552495
tftt (this flag this topic)
>>
>>63549073
used to be, but fifa and uefa killed fans and atmospheres

also you can't really have national pride when you have nothing but niggers playing for you
>>
The atmosphere at international matches can be explosive.
>>
International games in France are a blast.
>>
File: 1436030313403.jpg (9 KB, 236x255) Image search: [Google]
1436030313403.jpg
9 KB, 236x255
>>63553042
>>
>>63549073
>Country vs country football games

You actually call the sport football but don't use the word international to describe what you're talking about. Fucking hell.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.