[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of this team making the playoffs in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1365x1024
What are the chances of this team making the playoffs in the national basketball association?
>>
good considering the NBA lets teams with negative records make the 7th and 8th seed
>>
>daily reminder the Knicks were supposed to get Stephen curry
>>
>>63549049
In the eastern conference, everything can happen
>>
I like their chances a lot, and they got a real baller in Porzingis to augment their lineup.

Im genuinely excited to see what the kid is gonna do in the league. He's confident, looking to score, plays fantastic defense, rebounds, strong shooter. Outside of the Utah Jazz, I wish I could catch some Knicks games, man.
>>
Zero after they trade Porzingis for one of Carmelo's friends
>>
>>63549269
Anthony is breaking down and it's showing in the second halves of games. There's going to be a lot of pressure on porz if melo goes down again.

Knicks need a legit guard that can slash up and penetrate the defense. Grant shows signs of that but he's still a rookie trying to find his shot and needs more confidence. Fisher needs to stop benching him for such long periods of time. They also need to start drawing up more plays for porzingis, he's being under utilized and him and Anthony should be running P&Rs.

If fisher gets his stuff in order they should be able to contend since the talent is there. Fisher looks absolutely clueless out there as far as rotations go, his grace period is over and it's time he shows some glimmer of being a good coach.

My suggestion would be to hire thibs and have fisher as an assistant coach for the time being.
>>
>>63549049
These niggers always draft me in 2k I don't want to spend my rookie year with this shitty ass team
>>
>KNOCKS
>>
>>63549049

The probability density of the Knicks can be modeled with a normal distribution with stdev = .0001 and mean of .001
>>
>>63549776
>not carrying your team to the finals your rookie season

do you even magic johnson/larry bird
>>
>>63549461
>Knicks need a legit guard that can slash up and penetrate the defense.
...why did they trade those guys again?
>>
>>63549049

40%. They are two games out of the 8th spot, Boston. Knicks are a better team than the Celtics.
>>
>>63549049
Considering how shit the East is? Pretty good to make an 8th Seed.
>>
>>63561120
Because Dolan gonna be Dolan.
>>
GUARENTEEEEEEED
>>
>>63549269
I'm surprised at how good he's been, it's the first reason I've had to bother watching a Knicks game in years.
>>
>>63549461

Bringing on Thibs would be a godsend, but it seems like a farcry with Phil & Derek's relationship.

Jose Calderon would be adequate and could even thrive, but the system is creaky. Competely agree with you about underutilizing Porzingis, a bigger portion of the offense needs to run through him. Carmelo simply can't be so ball dominant for the Knicks to be successful, and the roleplayers need to start hitting some shots. Wish I knew how well Anthony passes out of double teams and if he's as strong shooting off screens as he is off the dribble. I gotta watch more Knicks games.
>>
>>63549461
>>63568676

A high pick and roll ran by Calderon/Porzingis where depending on what the Defense gives you Porzingis can pick and pop, run to the basket, or they have Carmello Fucking Anthony running off a screen on the elbow/baseline.

This sounds so good in my head, how are the Knicks not running this every time down the floor? I know these guys arent exactly stockton and Malone, but come on.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.