[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss Zach Lowe's articles. How could I quench my thirst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: lowe_post_300.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lowe_post_300.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
I miss Zach Lowe's articles. How could I quench my thirst for basketball knowledge, /sp/?
>>
>>63524313
I've honestly stopped going to ESPN since grantland is gone. I didn't particularly like some of the writers but they at least have something interesting to say. As a whole ESPN doesn't have much to offer except press releases these days
>>
>>63524313
I miss this podcast so much
>>
>>63529729
Kirk Goldsberry was based, he was a master of analytics. I learned a lot of basketball from him
>>
The Starters podcast is ok.

They had the best nba podcast when they were known as the Basketball Jones, even better than the Lowe Post. After they got hired by NBA.com they lost it though, but it's still passable
>>
>>63529729

god i miss it. this one and the grantland nfl podcast. the only sports podcasts i'd listen to and now they're both gone
>>
>>63524313
He hasn't found a new place to go to yet? You'd think Simmons would have helped his buddy out.
>>
>>63531791
Contracts take a long time to work out
>>
Havent gone to ESPN once since they cancelled it. Don't feel like I'm missing out on much
>>
Don't worry they will be back somewhere eventually, they are too talented.
>>
>tfw you will never share a beer with zach while talking about how shitty the kings are
>>
>>63531158
I like the starters because they are all canadians and really into meme culture
>>
>tfw there is already so much to talk about in this NBA season and there is literally 0 (zero) content from Lowe

FUCK ESPN
PIECE OF SHIT NETWORK STOPPING ME FROM ENJOYING ONE OF THEIR FEW GOOD JOURNALISTS
>>
>>63531158

It's not awful but I hate how it's very scripted yet they pretend it's not. Really triggers my autism.

leigh is based though
>>
>grantland
>>
File: pep.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>>63532797

>fire simmons at start of playoffs so miss out on boatload of content
>wait to fire Lowe until NBA season starts so miss out on another boatload of content
>>
File: lowe_snoop.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lowe_snoop.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
I think he's still under contract for ESPN, so he'll probably just be writing for their website soon. That's what the Grantland hockey writer is doing.

In the time being, podcasts can help fill the void. No one else writes as well as him, but I recommend Bill Simmons' new pod, NBA Lockdown, Truehoop TV, The Starters (only friday episodes), NBA A to Z, and Hang Time Podcast.

Also, he's still posting on twitter a lot. He even went on a trip to Minnesota yesterday and said that Rubio made fun of him.
>>
>>63532933

Lowe didn't get fired, they just shut down Grantland. He'll be writing on ESPN's normal website soon.

Unfortunately, there's a chance they troll us and make all his new articles Insider only.
>>
>>63532406
>>63532158
>>63531791

do you guys all live under a rock? like a month ago simmons announced a multi-platform content contract with HBO...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.