[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now That mandrama threads finally got banned, can we get generals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
So now That mandrama threads finally got banned, can we get generals about single teams banned as well?
Having a permanent thread for just one team is absolutely preposterous. Pic very much related.
>>
I don't understand why you retards want to eliminate all traffic??

What benefit will there be? What threads will replace them?
>>
>>63515745
everything anyone does on /sp/ is to spite someone else.
>>
If it's sports it's fine. Generals are here to stay. At least we got a legitimate issue - getting mandrama off the board and to /asp/ where it belongs - solved. Hiroshima-sama has literally BTFO a good portion of the cancer so far
>>
Why don't we just get a list of posting rules and put it on a sidebar and let people upvote and downvote posts.
>>
>>63515814
But so of every team in the EPL wanted to have an eternal thread then would or be okay to have 20 generals at once?
What if every NBA or NFL team wanted a general too, would that be acceptable?
>>
>>63515703

Don't you have some cocaine to mule, Pancho?
>>
>>63515897
Most teams dont have that many supporters. EPL is an exception but then again only chelsea, arse, city and manu have giant fanbases which in turn leads to more posters wanting to talk about their.bandwagoned club
>>
>>63515983
Then just go to the EPL general just like the fans of every team but Arsenal do, you don't need a 24/7 bandwagoners circlejerk for every team.
>>
>>63515703
Remove the generals and let us have occasional threads like before
>>
>>63515703
I never liked generals.

Hell I've only recently come to accept flags.

Give us old /sp/ back.
>>
Remove all generals. (Especially that video game shit)
>>
Discuss here lads

>>>/qa/341491
>>
>>63515892
yeah then the users of the site could decide whats on page 1, the front page if you will. wed need user names to keep track up these "vote ups"
>>
>>63518293
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>63515703
While those generals are especially terrible, all generals go against the spirit of /sp/. Everyone agrees that /sp/ is worse than it used to be, and it's decline is directly correlated with the rise and propagation of generals.
>>
What's wrong with generals?
>>
>>63518693
They've ruined this site desu senpai
>>
>>63518693
They cause groupthinking which leads to hugboxes which leads to a bad type of discussion, as in. You post something the general's main tripfags (yes every general has them regardless of the "quality") don't like, you get hated to death you get banned, or at least your post is deleted because the janitor gets his hotpockets paypal'd by the tripfags who have more autismbux than anyone from /mlp/, if not the whole board.

That and none of them bring something good to discussion and moot wanted to kill them because this happened a lot. See /vg/, their generals are total circlejerks that both, get rid of people who want to play whatever they are circlejerking and the people who simply tells them they suck / fuck off to said tripfags.

In fact, now that i think about it, what's the point of a tripcode in a big board? On small boards like /diy/, /tg/ and /3/ (for example) its justified because its probably someone bringing something to the board's topic.
>>
>>63515703
No. Arsenal fans need a containment thread.
>>
>>63519256
This post hits the nail on the head, all generals and especially generals about inane things are shit.
>>
YES LET'S BAN EVERY FUCKING THREAD ON THIS OH SO ACTIVE BOARD

ALL HAIL THE MODS
>>
>>63520085
you know whats better than a containment thread?

an entire containment board.
>>
>>63518693
In the way /sp/ does them, absolutely fuck all. Generals on here are a catch-all thread for discussion that doesn't need it's own thread. /epl/ is an example of this; people talk about the games that are not that popular within these or upcoming games and there's no issue.

Just because generals ruined other boards (and they really did, /mu/ is appalling) it doesn't mean they're a problem on /sp/ yet. After all, Hiro moved /WWE/ because it's not sport, not because it was a general.

The core problem is with people assuming more threads = better activity. There's a sweet spot and I think /sp/ currently operates around about that.
>>
>>63523617
typical austrian faggot poster
>>
File: arseanal.png (1 MB, 1524x774) Image search: [Google]
arseanal.png
1 MB, 1524x774
Keep arseanal fans in their containment thread. They are literally black cancer that seeps into any worthwhile conversation or discussion. Some of them pretend to be self aware of their fanbase, but they quickly fall back into delusion when football is talked about.

if any other sports team has similarities to Arsenal fans, let me know.
>>
Hiro-kun could you make a sports generals board and let /sp/ go back to normal
>>
>>63524001
Liverpool fans are similar when it comes to levels of delusion
>>
>>63523695
This brit-bro knows what's up.
If I want to discuss a new player signing in a less popular league like MLS, It's ridiculous for me to start a new thread and get two replies while other people who like MLS create new threads on other topics and get single digit replies.
>>
Confine all kickdive to a /soccer/ general thread please. Nobody cares about a sport our 8 year olds have mastered.
>>
File: asdasdasdasasd.jpg (48 KB, 719x275) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasasd.jpg
48 KB, 719x275
>>63524186
>our 8 year olds have mastered.
you 8 year olds aren't even allowed to master it.
>>
Oh, wrestling was finally moved? I suppose it was inevitable.

The funny thing is, I can't bring myself to think that people ever cared about the board's best interests. What started as bemusement slowly evolved into a full blown hate campaign by the majority of board users who didn't watch wrestling. They didn't want to clean the board up, they just wanted to spite a group of people they didn't care about.

Alas, such things are inevitable on this site. The interesting thing is; Now that wrestling is gone, what group of people will next be placed on the firing line? This board can't seem to operate without the collective having a shared hatred towards something.
>>
>>63524186
lmao at faggot yanks t b h
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.