[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Diego Sports Depression thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: san diego.jpg (64 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
san diego.jpg
64 KB, 550x366
At least the weather is nice outside. :(

How are other San Diegbros holding up?

How did other cities handle it when teams relocated?
>>
>>63509617
Minnesota here

We were fucking devastated when the North Stars left
>>
>>63509617

Seattle here. We deserved it for being such faggots to the rest of the west desu
>>
File: 1445922404165.jpg (65 KB, 612x514) Image search: [Google]
1445922404165.jpg
65 KB, 612x514
>>63509617
help me
>>
>>63509617

so is it official yet?
>>
Browns here.

Nty.
>>
File: san_diego_padres_hat-9600.jpg (94 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
san_diego_padres_hat-9600.jpg
94 KB, 600x518
>>63516912
No, but the way things are going They're either going to LA or somewhere else, because there is no fucking way the Chargers get a favorable voting result after Fabiani's demeanor, as well as how poorly the Bolts are playing. Fuck em. I'm still gonna go to the games to support the team, but I'm done wearing my jerseys or Chargers caps. I'm just gonna be sporting my Dads cap instead. There is no better way to convey my support of the San Diego team on the field, as well as the City of San Diego in stadium negotiations, than making use of pic related over anything affiliated with the Chargers. Fuck this organization. They're behaving like spoiled entitled shits for not getting 100% of what they want when Faulkner and Co are busting their butts doing more to keep them in SD than 15 years of his predecessors combined.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1280x712
Is he...?
1) having his special alone time with jesus
2) going super saiyan level 4
OR
3) imagining Jay Cutler sliding feet-first into a wood chipper
>>
>>63523772
Honestly?
He had said just weeks earlier that he wasn't concerned with the losses, because the team had been in similar positions, and been able to make a late season run. The the previous week he said they were entered uncovered territory with their continued losses, and that he hadn't been in the position he was at that point in time. Right there though, that really came off to me as a combination of praying for peace, accepting that the team was garbage this season, and that there isn't going to be a late season run, and trying not to be caught on camera expressing anger or sadness as he has been in the past.
Poor Phil. I love him, and would hate seeing the Chargers play against him, but would really be willing to let him out of his contract, because he really deserves better than this.
>>
>>63509617

eh, its pretty fucking cold out.

>>63523772

damnit Philip, it wasnt supposed to be like this...
>>
File: Wild.png (72 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
Wild.png
72 KB, 1024x663
>>63516085
But anon, you got the team with the most undoubtedly GOAT logo of all history.
>>
>>63523931
Blues fan here and that logo is so fucking GOAT
>>
At least they aren't going far. I don't go to many games anyway so maybe they will get access to more people that will fill the seats. Hopefully we won't get embarassed by away fans shitting up our stadium anymore
>>
LA bro here, I really dont want the Chargers. Or the Raiders. I want the Rams.

I say let us have the Rams and send the chargers and raiders to St Louis.
>>
File: squatch fire.jpg (70 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
squatch fire.jpg
70 KB, 736x552
>>63516298
Fuck you. Fuck Clay Bennett. Fuck David Stern. And fuck Howard Schultz for all eternity.

I miss the Supes, man.

Sorry San Diego bro. I know your hurt all too well.
>>
>>63524029
St. Louis Raiders does have a nice ring to it.
>>
>>63524029
You're gonna get the Raiders and Raiders alone

Oakland doesn't even look like it gives a shit anymore
>>
>>63524087
Ferguson Raiders sounds better imo
>>
>>63523931
>Mild
>Best anything

lel
>>
>>63524108
I think it'll probably be the Rams and Raiders.

The Davis family always loves their gimmicks and I think Mark was just waiting for stubborn fucking Al to die so he could cash in on moving the team back to LA.

And everyone knows that Kroenke wants out of St. Louis at any cost. He's been pushing the hardest to move his team to LA.

In the end I think the NFL goes with the legacy picks and justifies it by saying they're bringing two franchises back home. It makes for a good narrative for LA and for the NFL. The only people who are shafted are St. Louis fans, but they've always cared more about the Cards anyway, so who fucking cares?

I don't see San Diego going anywhere and, in two or three years, the city will eventually cave and build them a new stadium.
>>
>>63523931
>>63523940
>mild and blose polishing each other's knobs in a SD thread
wew lad
>>
>>63524163
Honestly, I have a feeling no teams are moving this year, especially if they're going to push back the vote until March

Kroenke can move the team without the league's approval but neither the Rose Bowl nor Coliseum are NFL ready yet. The stadium should be built first before he moves

Raiders are probably gonna move in with Kroenke, seeing how EIR will never EVER approve a stadium over a former landfill. What kind of idoicy is that?
>>
>>63524212
Chill out I'm neither a Minnesotan nor a Hockey fan.
I just think that logo is the best shit to come out of flyovers since deep fried snickers.
>>
>>63509617
>How did other cities handle it when teams relocated?

honestly if this happened to me i would just drop the sport.
>>
File: 1387588224277.png (158 KB, 681x1023) Image search: [Google]
1387588224277.png
158 KB, 681x1023
>>63509617
>this thread

but seriously though at least san diego is a nice city to live in
>>
At least we got the Gulls brother, and the Sockers.

All about those minor league teams.
>>
>>63523931
>>63523940
I wasn't totally on board with the Wild when the team was announced, but when that logo was unveiled on the unis I got on board
>>
I would rather have the Chorgers move to Salt Lake City.
>>
Don't want to trow salt in the wound but why don't you guys go to the stadium during games? all i hear when the games are on that 50% of the fans are from the oposing team.
>>
>>63532785
Part of the reason is they've driven up ticket prices every season. Its ridiculously expensive. And every other city in America sucks so they come down to San Diego.
>>
Padres just traded Kimbrel to Boston
>>
What team would Chargers fans cheer for if the Chargers moved to L.A.? Would they swallow their pride and root for an L.A. team?
>>
>>63524279
>>63509617

>tfw Asian Whores all over Gaslamp area

shits ez here
>>
whats winter like in san diego. have you guys ever gotten white christmas
>>
>>63533746
usually low-mid 70s. Its usually mid 70s on Christmas.
>>
>>63509617
Another Seattle Supersonics fan here. I feel for you. I had the idea a few weeks ago to try and go to the Rams-Hawks game later this year and make a sign. The sign would say something like, enjoy watching your team in LA again. Then, I remembered how bad I felt when the Sonics were getting set to leave. It would be a low blow, so I won't do it. Normally, nothing is off limits when it comes to sports banter from/towards me, but even I couldn't do that as much as I hate the Rams.
>>
Wait, is the move confirmed?
>>
>>63537320
It won't be confirmed until the start of next year, but there are reports that the Chargers plan to apply

It all depends on what the NFL approves; I feel like it will be the Raiders and Rams moving to LA because lolnolease
>>
>>63533746
usually go to the beach on christmas. it's usually not colder than 65 degrees farenheit. I remember as a kid it was like 30 degrees farenheit one year but no snow.
>>
Seattle bro here

Enjoy becoming a craven piece of shit who hopes some other NFL franchise decides to fuck their town over and move to San Diego. "DID YOU HEAR THE GLAZERS WANT A NEW STADIUM? SAN DIEGO BUCANEERS HERE WE COME :)"

It's a hellish existence.
>>
>>63537320
Raiders almost certainly, Rams likely, Chargers 50/50.
>>
>>63539054
So LA goes from 0 to 3 teams in a year?
>>
File: UTI1879621_r900x493.jpg (84 KB, 900x493) Image search: [Google]
UTI1879621_r900x493.jpg
84 KB, 900x493
The Gulls are 9-3 you ignorant shit
>>
>>63539067
NFL only wants two. If they (both the NFL and the city) could handle 3, all 3 would have announced their move already
>>
>>63524163
Actually if you know anything about Mark Davis its that he is an insane manchild that eats at PF Changs everyday and actually loves Oakland and wants to stay, it's the city itself that could not give less of a shit.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.