[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that best baseball player of the last 50 years is going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: bitter trout face.jpg (39 KB, 389x512) Image search: [Google]
bitter trout face.jpg
39 KB, 389x512
Reminder that best baseball player of the last 50 years is going to get screwed out of MVP for the the third time in four years

>Canadian bandwagoners will defend this
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-05-20-34-40.png (389 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-05-20-34-40.png
389 KB, 960x540
How many playoff games did he win this year?
>>
>>63482119
>Muh playoffs

Only took one post. Congrats.
>>
Yeah no
>>
>>63482093
Donaldson had a better year, kuck
>>
>>63482915
Trout has a better WAR
>>
>>63483305
Slightly better. So what.
>>
>>63483655
Follow it through, snowback.....more wins means more valuable
>>
>>63483655
He's still the better player, in theory
>>
>>63483674
Okay so MLB should just award the MVP to the guy with the best WAR, right? Every year. No ballots, just highest WAR wins. Am I following this correctly Pedro?
>>
>>63483819
Not nececelery, but it's a good starting point.
>>
>>63483674
>>63483720
Oh, and has anybody ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the WAR metric is flawed, even slightly? I know who thinks that's possible, MLB, that's why they don't do what I suggested to Juan >>63483819
>>
>>63483305
And Donaldson has the better WAR + WPA/LI combo
>>
>>63483851
Every stat is flawed in theory but WAR for batters is pretty good, defensive metrics aren't as shaky as people like to think
>>
Bonds is still playing?
>>
File: barrybonds.jpg (94 KB, 648x618) Image search: [Google]
barrybonds.jpg
94 KB, 648x618
>>63484009
>>
>>63483849
A good end point is how the team fared after looking at relatively close individual stats.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 213x320
Reminder that The The Angels Angels of Anaheim will be paying Josh Hamilton $80,000,000 ($1,319,568,000 Mexican Pesos) through 2017 for being on a divisional rival's roster.
Reminder that The The Angels Angels of Anaheim paid a former player to literally elimate them from the post season.
Reminder that The The Angels Angels of Anaheim got rid of Hamilton for his drug problem and in turn are currently paying for his drug habit.
Reminder that Tommy Hanson's addiction only got worse in Anaheim.
Reminder that The The Angels Angels of Anaheim contributed to Hanson's death.
>analslime fans will try to defend this
>"mvp"
>1 for 12 against KC
>0(zero) playoff wins
>>
Geoff Jenkins got robbed
>>
>>63484247
Word. Personally I'm big on clutch stats as well even though it skews against steamrollers that rarely play from behind. Also defensive stats and hitting from behind in the count. ALfag here and even though I love the DH I have a hard time rationalizing voting for them for MVP.
>>
>>63482119
Aren't you that Canadian Cloppers bandwagoner?

If so, fuck off
>>
i thanx god for mike trout every day.

clean cut nice young white man, 5 tool beast... look at the other young star players. donaldson and harper are COMPLETE FAGGOTS, tulo is too

trout is the hero we need. so they won't push him and give him his deserved due
>>
>>63482093

>best baseball player

Kinda like winning the Special Olympics desu
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.