[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Why are womens sports not as popular as mens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 545x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 545x365
Serious question:
Why are womens sports not as popular as mens sports? Are females less entertaining to watch play compared to men?

The only women sport I'd say that has consistent following or notoriety is Tennis.
>>
>>63470081
women dont like womens sports like men like mens sports
>>
>>63470104
Should men be forced to watch womens sports? I don't really take women sports that seriously, I feel like all men secretly want to have sex with all the women on the field
>>
>>63470
womens sports are more slow paced, less athletic, and therefore less entertaining to watch. the lack of athleticism isn't seen as much in tennis that's why its more appealing to watch.
>>
>>63470198
>secretly
the only secret is that youre gay and I shove it in your moms bum on a regular basis.
>>
Women can't into
>strength
>speed
>agility
>endurance
>hand eye coordination
>depth perception
>spatial reasoning
>strategy
>decision making
>risk reward analysis
>statistics

Some can do SOME of these things well. Some. But not as well as a man, and there's already plenty of men playing sports so it's kind of pointless to have women's sports featured prominently.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223 KB, 2745x1545) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223 KB, 2745x1545
I love women's sports.
>>
>>63470081
Can you imagine finding blonde female Canadian tennis ball player unconscious and lying on the ground. What would you do family?
>>
File: sweating.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
476 KB, 188x174
>>63470672
damn she must have the most dense bush ever when unshaved
>>
>>63470081
Why would you watch an inferior version of any sport?

Tennis works because somehow draws more qts than other sports
>>
>>63470736
I think you're going into shock buddy. just breathe. remember. womens sports are better than mens. just remember that. its just a well sculpted glute muscle. youre going to be ok. YOURE GOING TO MAKE IT DAMN IT
>>
File: 1413761695049.jpg (26 KB, 514x564) Image search: [Google]
1413761695049.jpg
26 KB, 514x564
nigga, have you WATCHED womens sports?

/bet/fag, so I watch an obscene amount, it's not as popular because slags are fucking SHIT at sports.

was following a top ranked slag tennis match a few weeks back, and there were more fucking breaks than holds! jesus christ!
>>
File: usa-today-8389846.0.jpg (51 KB, 730x487) Image search: [Google]
usa-today-8389846.0.jpg
51 KB, 730x487
>I was watching Some womens soccer the other day...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>63470825
>and that asss../.
>>
Remember the women world cup?

The Guardian and the rest of faggotmedia shilled their best to portray that tournament as a really relevant one. Hell, it worked, some people even made threads here.

So me, being a complete loser with free time, decided to join in and watch some of the games

Nigga, have you seen female divegrass?

I unironically believe that an -/sp/ formed team can beat the USWNT

And then the Guardian and faggotmedia parroted OP-ED demanding that FIFA should pay those losers the same money as the actual world champions
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>63470840
>WAS HUUGGEEE
>>
>>63470853
Yeah, but good thing the world cup is only every 4 years
>>
>>63470495
If you don't see the difference in athleticism btw male and female tennis players you're not very observant.

Even a mid-ranked college men's player could wipe the court with the top WTA players. It's a different game.

However, Bouchard has dat ass.
>>
men's sports are a safe way for guys to let their homo feels free
>>
>watching any female sports other than Tennis, >Golf, and >MMA

It's all shit tier except for tennis desu
>>
>>63471663
Thanks for the late (you) pham but you didnt got the point

Im a guy who watches Colombian second division divegrass. I watch U20 cups and even U17. I cant watch female football.

There's a webm out there with the kickoff of a female Olympic game. The girls literally kick the ball out the field with the first touch. its hilarious.

What are the female sports with a bigger following? The ones that are more aesthetically-pleasant. Tennis/Volleyball/Gym

It also helps that it should be a sport when is not that easy to compare performances. 2 girls playing the same shitty tennis game can seem cool. Girls playing sports such as football/basket will be exposed everytime they have an atrocious shot at goal/basket
>>
I watch women sports occasionally.

Sure they aren't that good, but that doesn't really matter to me.

I am also not deluded enough to believe it will ever get as popular as men's sports. But whatever.
>>
>>63470081
Women /gym/ is god tier and 100% more watchable than men /gym/.

Women /gym/ is unironically my favorite Olympic event.
>>
File: women's motox.webm (3 MB, 496x280) Image search: [Google]
women's motox.webm
3 MB, 496x280
>>
>>63471891
Even better is to watch the mens version in which they kick ass
>>
The more physical sports are alright, women's rugby isn't really great technically but it's a fun watch. Women's MMA is awesome however because there's almost constant rematches. Joanne beating down on bitches is a fun watch.

Anything else that isn't Golf or Tennis bores the fuck out of me though.
>>
can we get some eugene butt pic thx
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnMEjHyIgM

kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmEoKXgBvSI

ayy
>>
>mfw breaks are still at plus odds
>>
>>63470840
whos this
>>
>>63470198
we watch women's sport under two conditions

1) it's the world cup final (literally only the final and even then its iffy)

2) there will be at least one hot woman participating WITH a decent possibility of some sort of upskirt/sideboob/wedgie (water polo or gymnastics, tennis if you're really desperate)

basically we watch women's sport once every year or two, i think even espn gave up on the wnba (which only exists as another outlet for degenerate gamblers anyway, like jai alai)
>>
>>63471995
how long before he comes out of the closet
>>
>>63472162
Spanish jai alai is awesome. I used to watch that stuff on cable
>>
>>63472182
Its too bad that its dying, such a cool sport.
>>
>>63472194
It will survive as a niche sport in Spain because of >muh culture
>>
File: 1316315371690.jpg (19 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1316315371690.jpg
19 KB, 210x251
>>63470853
>And then the Guardian and faggotmedia parroted OP-ED demanding that FIFA should pay those losers the same money as the actual world champions
kek if slags want to get paid like top athletes maybe they should play top athletes
>>
>>63472163
Looked hotter than in Parks tbqhwy

Still a top tier cunt IRL by all accounts
>>
>>63470081

Because watching "professional" female athletes is like watching a junior high boys team.

Hell, only a few female basketball players can even dunk a basketball, and they've got bitches playing well over 6 feet.

Pro-female hockey and soccer teams scrimmage against high school boys....and get their asses handed to them, which shows you the example of the quality of play you get from female sports.
>>
>>63470081
You got it in one, son.

Women are less entertaining to watch and therefore don't get the viewing figures and therefore don't attract sponsors and money. Women should be thankful they get nearly as much prize money in the grand slams of tennis because that is literally the only sport where people want to actually watch them play because they are almost as entertaining to watch as the men.
>>
>>63472470
If the Djokowinslol continues on the mens side, womentennis might get even more popular.
>>
>>63470807
>and there were more fucking breaks than holds!
Seriously women's tennis is ridiculous in that respect. The whole game basically becomes 'Who can spill less spaghetti on their own serve'. And it's not even like most of the breaks are off forced errors or anything, it's usually just the server choking in ridiculously hilarious ways.
>>
Ladies and Gentlemen of /sp/,

It is now time for another viewing of that classic women's sporting event: The Snowflake Regatta 2014.

Be sure to listen carefully to the words of encouragement from the spectators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvMBPZ5Bik

I don't care what anyone says women's sport are just as entertaining as men's sports.
>>
>>63473035
I could swear the guy at the end is Gilbert Gottfried.
>Did you get all that? Oh good
>>
>>63472986
sick of that cunt
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.