[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please don't go to LA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
Please :( I need my daily dose of weekly suffering

Why don't they just send the Raiders back and be done with it. The Raiders shouldn't have left LA anyways
>>
File: 1467217744991.png (2 MB, 1402x1159) Image search: [Google]
1467217744991.png
2 MB, 1402x1159
>>63470026
Believe me LA doesnt even want the Chargers. It's Raider city and it's always going to be associated with the Raiders. The only way they would accept any other team is if its an original team made just for LA.

As for the Chargers I too want them to stay in San Diego but man....its hard to see them play in a stadium that feels like a road game. I mean COME ON it's a bit embarrassing. I get that San Diego is a tourist beach city but come on I know theres a diehard community there.
>>
>>63470222
A lot of fans are discouraged by alll this moving talk. Why support a team that has no interest in staying. They come out with a plan to partner with the Raiders for a stadium in Carson. Any remaining fans are keks.
>>
>>63470353
lol wordfilter.

C U C K S
U
C
K
S
>>
>>63470222
>I know theres a diehard community there

Does a couple dozen people count as a diehard community?

Regardless, LA should never, ever get another football team. They've had 3 chances and prove every time they don't deserve one.
>>
Funny how Oakland and LA are willing to fight to the death over the Raiders

While LA and SD don't give two shits about the Chargers anymore

Sad.
>>
>>63470026
http://www.sandiegogulls.com/
suck it up bitch you are a minor league city here is a minor league team for you
>>
>>63470476
Its because despite the raiders being shit for 10 years they've been overall a successful franchise. MUH RINGS actually helps with building a fanbase. One thats been around here in California. Believe me once the Raiders become successful again they will be among the worst bandwagoners. Alot of /sp/ are too young to remember but the Raiders have the most obnoxious fans.

Chargers doesnt have much of a bandwagon and them moving to LA isnt going to help at all. If anything they will lose more fans.
>>
>>63470222
We can fill stadiums we just have tons of transplants so everyone goes to watch their team when they come to town.
>>
Its not fair, the Bay Area has 7 fucking SB rings
LA has 1 SB ring

Why do we still have 0?
>>
File: 1436747012298.jpg (56 KB, 647x480) Image search: [Google]
1436747012298.jpg
56 KB, 647x480
>>63470898
Sports life isn't fair in SD. There is statistically, metaphorically, and literally no worse sports city in the US than San Diego.

It hurts.
>>
File: why.jpg (2 KB, 50x125) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
2 KB, 50x125
It has been an extremely painful season.
Being a Chargers fan is suffering.
>>
>>63471938
Shot in the dark, anon, but are you US military in Japan who calls into Scott and BR?
>>
>>63470222

Spanos and Fabiani have basically given Chargers fans the middle finger. Basically making no effort to try and stay in San Diego. Hard to support a team that's tied for the worst record in the AFC and is in motion to move to LA.

Been a Chargers fan all my life, and this season is 1000x worse than the Ryan Leaf years. I'm not even frustrated with the team anymore, I've become completely apathetic towards them.
>>
>>63470026
>daily dose of weekly suffering

Why don't you go ahead and mix imperial and metric so I can go full crazy.
>>
>>63472431
This. The team was garbage during Leaf/Gilbride years. This team could be great, and should be great. It is only complete shit because Dean is letting Fabiani poison the well as he legitimately tries moving the team, or hardballs the City into giving him what he wants. Regardless, even if the team is not xhosen, because of what Fabiani has been allowed to do, there is no fucking way the public will vote favorably towards anything that stands to benefit the Chargers. They wouldn't even if they were playing well which they aren't. As it stands, there is no way the Xhargers organization gets any public help while the Spanos clan and Mark Fabiani remain affiliated with it in any capacity. I don't want the Chargers to leave, but I don't want those dirty playing fucks to come out with even the simplest of victories. We deserve a better owner. Philip deserves a better owner. I wish there was some way we could force Spanos to sell the teams, because whether by siding with AJ over Schotty, or letting Fabiani do what he's done, Dean Spanos has demonstrated an incompetence while running this team, that will prevent it from ever winning an Owl, and even if his sons are in the process of taking over, everything they know has come from internal training with the same personel who were unable to succeed, so what fucking chance is there that they'll be able to?
>>
Has something happened to make the Chargers move more real over the Rams/Raiders?
>>
I hope they fuck off to LA instead of ruining bario Logan and the brand new fucking library for a team that loses all the time
>>
>>63470451
Re read his post and try again.

He's talking about SD silly.
>>
>>63470026
We don't even want the Chargers! You guys keep them! We want the Rams or even better the Raiders.
>>
>>63472431
ayy go padres
>>
http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Oakland-s-plan-to-keep-Raiders-No-stadium-no-6617988.php

I don't get it

Oakland is DOING THE LEAST to keep their team but the Chargers and Rams are more likely to move?

What the fuck?! Is this real life?
>>
>>63474678
Because the cities' opinions don't matter, the owners' do. Spanos and Kroenke both want to leave for LA, Davis doesn't care where the Raiders end up as long as the Raiders aren't a tenant in someone else's stadium.
>>
>>63474733
Then why not just have Kroenke buy the Raiders and move them to LA?

That seems like the obvious fucking solution.

San Diego and STL are MUCH bigger markets than Oakland
>>
>>63474678
Kroenke has the $. Davis is a hobo compared to the other League owners, and Spanos isn't much better. In this discussion, that is huge.
>>
>>63474742
Because why the fuck would he? He can't own multiple teams and the Raiders are worth less than the Rams.
>>
>>63474745
But why involve the Chargers in this?

SD is NOT LA. Moving the Chargers would devastate SD in a way that it wouldn't Oakland

And based on merchandising alone I would think Davis is richer than Spanos

>>63474765
Becuase LA is already Raider territory. Look at how many Raider fans show up in SD. Look at how many Raider fans die (literally) for starter jackets.

The Raiders are the only team that belong in LA. To me I associate them with the Dodgers and Lakers. No one associates them with the Giants or Warriors
>>
>>63474742
A Davis owning the Raiders is an AFL/NFL institution. Al loved the Raiders, and Mark grew up seeing that, and as such loves the Raiders as well. He wouldn't be willing to sell. Besides, the rumor is, because Kroenke owns the Nuggets and Rockies, what he wants to do is build the Inglewood site, potentially sell the Rams and buy the Broncos so he owns all three Denver teams.
>>
>>63474800
The Rams are LA's team more so than the Raiders ever will b and only delusional 80s kids disagree.
>>
File: facebook nfl fan map.jpg (2 MB, 3999x2260) Image search: [Google]
facebook nfl fan map.jpg
2 MB, 3999x2260
>>63474820
Facebook would disagree

I've read that somewhere between 40-50% of Raider ticketholders live in Southern California as well

Look how much loyalty that is! 27,000 people flying or driving up to Oakland every Sunday

The Rams in their last year in LA couldn't even get 27,000 people to their games

the Chargers won't even get 10,000 Charger fans to their games in LA. Maybe 40,000 other team fans
>>
>>63474742
>63474742
>>63474742
>>63474742
http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf
Bay Area: 6th largest media market (2.4 million)
St. Louis: 22nd largest media market (1.2 million)
San Diego: 28th largest media market (1.0 million)

STL and SD combined aren't even the size of the Oakland market
>>
>>63474840
>no jets
>>
Why would the Chorgers go to LA when the Tits and Jags sucked just as much if not more dick and still stay in their original host cities?
>>
>>63474936
>>63474936
The Titans were the Houston oilers
>>
>>63474840
>jest
>>
>>63474980
I know they were, but they've sucked chode for a while now, in a city that doesn't have the same economic resources as a major CA city, with owners who are completely out of touch/don't give a shit about the fans (and still refuse to move HQ from Houston to Nashville, or consider selling to a local) and over the past few seasons have had more visiting team fans at home games than Titans fans
>>
>>63474893
The Raiders at most make up 10% of the Bay Area market

So that's 240,000 people the smallest market in the NFL. Everyone there is a Niners fan and most people would rather watcher a rebuilding Niners team than a 16-0 Raiders team

I've never met a Bay Area Raider fan
>>
>>63474936
>he wasnt alive to see the Houston Oilers, Warren Moon and the biggest single game collapse in NFL history
>>
>>63475015
they still make money and there's no other pro football teams for miles. Almost every single person in Tennessee is a Titans fan (after their college football loyalty unfortunately).

Besides money isn't a problem because Nashville is a tourist attraction and visiting fans bring in $$$
>>
Packers are like dots of cancer on the country.
>>
>>63475028
there are loads of raiderniggers in tenderloin
>>
>>63475015
>>63475048
TN is college football central the ice hockey team has shit attendance too
>>
>>63474800
>But why involve the Chargers in this?
How much time do you have? This potentially gets into why SD games seem so overloaded by visiting teams. The Chargers have been contemplating building a new stadium for 20 years at this point. Originally they considered remodeling like the Chiefs did. That is why formerly Jack Murphy stadium became Qualcomm stadium. The thing is, those remodels cost a majority percentage of what a new stadium would have cost in that day, and were significantly subsidized by tax payers. Then after they were done, a few years went by, and the NFL said they would no longer schedule Owls in SD because of how old Qualcomm was, regardless of the remodel. As soon as that happened, the Chargers started begging for a new stadium. That was 14 years ago. On top of that, it's around this time Petco starts getting built, and that entire process was divisive as fuck. As difficult as the entire ordeal was, it is astounding that Petco turned out as well as it did. Regardless, after the Jack Murphy reno, as well as the construction of Petco, public support for building new stadiums in SD became very unpopular, and politicians knew it. Never mind that while this is beginning, we're in the depths of the Ryan Leaf era of shitiness before the Schotty/Brees/LT redevelopment of the franchise, so it's not like people cared about the Bolts at all. Whether because they are fans of other teams, are fans of no teams, or are fans of the Chargers, but don't want to pay for another stadium, over the course of the last 14 years, people get vocal about not being willing to support a publicly subsidized stadium for the Chargers, ignoring the fact that Qualcomm already is publicly subsidized every year in millions of dollars of maintenance costs. This goes into negotiations with the team however, and on the whole even politicians vocal about their desire to build the Chargers a new stadium do jack shit to make it happen.
>>
Then in the late 2000s, SD has a pension crisis and is forced to lay off cops and firemen because it doesn't have the revenue to pay them or their pensions, and this blows up City Hall, and ironically when everything is going wrong, Hell seemingly freezes over, and City Hall and the Chargers are seemingly able to come to an agreement on a new stadium. Of course it is at this point, militantly liberal city attorney Mike Aguirre starts firing injunctions to freeze any progress, and ends up killing the agreement in the process. Afterwards there becomes talk about AEG potentially buying a minority ownership of the Chargers to alleviate the Spanos family of financial burdens brought about by expiration of Bush era inheritance taxes, and people see this as confirmation the Chargers are going to AEG's Farmer's Field. That ends up falling through, but that is the first time the threat of the Chargers going to LA becomes real. Then you fast forward to a couple years ago when Stan Kroenke buys the Hollywood Park site, and while he doesn't say so explicitly, even we on /sp/ knew it meant one thing: Stan was gonna build a stadium in LA. According to Fabiani, that became what motivated the Chargers to get into action on their Carson plan, and at the end of the day, the choice of the Raiders as their partner came because neither party can afford to build a new stadium on their own, but both need a new stadium, and the Carson plan has financing established through Goldman Sachs. All of this just provides context though. The answer to your question is that no one involved the Chargers. The Chargers inserted themselves. They did so because they maintain that Orange County constitutes 25% of their fanbase, and therefore allowing other teams to enter the LA market threatens the profitability of the Chargers, and they would prefer to move into the LA market to preserve that 25% rather than let someone else come in and take it from them.
>>
The only problem with this becomes that by preserving the 25%, they threaten to alienate the other 75%. To anyone who can count, that is clearly pants on head retarded. It is because of that the optimistic theory is that The Chargers are making a fuss to entitle themselves to a significant portion of the relocation fee that would be paid by whichever teams would move to LA, which they would in turn use to subsidize the construction of a new stadium in SD. There are two problems with this though. One is that someone only needs to look at the Chargers as a team, as well as the personnel decisions made by Dean Spanos to see that it is totally possible that he could see 75% as an acceptable cost. The second is that in allowing his attack dog Mark Fabiani begin and continue this theoretical ruse, Fabiani has poisoned the well of San Diego good will towards the Chargers. The man has demonstrated an inability to answer yes or no questions without lacing them with ad hominems about city officials, making more of an effort to insult the people who've done more to help get a new stadium built in SD than any of their predecessors. As such, his behavior has led to the development that Fabiani and Spanos are punishing the current city officials for the sins of their predecessors, and that has left the two of them coming off as entitled, and unprofessional, and that is before even considering the current political climate where publicly subsidized stadiums are becoming increasing unpopular. Maybe the ruse works. Maybe it doesn't. But I don't see how the Chargers as an organization salvage the public support they once has as long as Spanos and Fabiani remain affiliated with the organization. As bad as the team is playing, it'd take a deep post season run to get SD caring about the Chargers again. It'd take a ring to get SD to forgive Dean Spanos though, but that will never happen because at the end of the day, his ownership is the least common denominator uniting the teams flaws.
>>
>>63475028
I'm a $(ers fan and see Raiders fan everywhere.
Not as many as $(ers fans but you're definitely pulling that number out of your ass, like 90% of the statistics posted on /sp/ :^)
>>
Also
>>63474800
>And based on merchandising alone I would think Davis is richer than Spanos
http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/How-Much-Is-Each-NFL-Owner-Worth-19465

>26. Alex Spanos - San Diego Chargers
>$1B

>29. Carol & Mark Davis - Oakland Raiders
>$500M
>>
bring back the Rams to be perfectly honest family

fucking hate the Raiders and its fans
>>
>>63475172
Then explain the Facebook map

In LA all you SEE is Raiders gear. There's more Raider gear than any other team combined
>>
>>63475172
I've lived in California my whole life and everyone from the Bay is a Niner fan

Sorry but real life trumps made up shit on the internet
>>
File: preds attendance.png (113 KB, 1528x664) Image search: [Google]
preds attendance.png
113 KB, 1528x664
>>63475140
Bridgestone Arena has a capacity of 17,113 for hockey.

Eat shit
>>
>>63475288
>anecdotal evidence being useful at all
I live in cali have my whole life. 49er fans may out number raidnigger fans but its like 6:4 niners not huge difference, to say they don't identify big time in Oakland is wrong
>>
ITT: we think of ways to toss an owner we don't like.
>>
>>63475254
>Facebook map
wew lad
e
w

l
a
d
>>
>implying every thug nigger and juggalo in Oakland won't go on a stabbing spree if the Raiders get taken away from them right when they become good again
>>
>>63475373
I really don't know, m8. I wish I did though, because Spanos has got to go.
>>
File: basedkobr.jpg (188 KB, 2048x983) Image search: [Google]
basedkobr.jpg
188 KB, 2048x983
Chargers fan living in LA here.

I dont want the Chargers to move here. I want the Rams. The Rams are a better organization with a superior owner who has a better stadium plan. I would love a legit opportunity to abandon the chargers and cheer for a real home team.

I say send the chargers and the raiders to St Louis and let the Rams come here.
>>
>>63475492
Can you write a letter to Dean Spanos saying this please?
>>
>>63475492
there are literally no home fans in San Diego
Rivers constantly has to go to a silent count at HOME because of opposing fan noise
there is no better justification to move than that

Every team in the damn league has a homefield advantage except for the Chargers
>>
File: 20151109_201025.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151109_201025.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>63475556
But that is factually incorrect, anon. I've been to every home game this season. There are also many other people I see wearing Chargers apparel there with with.
>>
>>63475492
I want the Raiders to come home

The NFL unfairly forced the Raiders to leave in 1995. It's about time they come home

They have history in LA
They won a SB here
They mean as much to the LA sports scene as the Lakers and Dodgers

The Rams literally would be the Clippers here
>>
>>63475896
Are you a black or mexican? Cause the only raiders fans I know here in LA are black or mexican or pacific island. The Raiders are a trash fanbase. I would NEVER go to a Raiders game in LA for fear of ending up like Brian Stowe.
>>
>>63475971
Most of LA is Black or Mexican you stupid fuck

No one cares what YOU want but what the majority of LA wants. Majority of LA is Black or Hispanic. Majority want the Raiders to come home
>>
>>63476058
>Most of LA is Black or Mexican you stupid fuck

Oh so you are. All you had so stay was yes, Juan. You didnt have to get so hostile, ese.
>>
>>63475142
>>63475154
>>63475162
Whatever you said about SD applies equally to Oakland. San Diego has done a lot more to try to keep the Chargers than Oakland has, which frankly comes off as an entitled city that is trying to ride the coat-tails of the tech boom and convince the NFL to subsidize them.

We've already seen what the Los Angeles Raiders are like. We already know what the Los Angeles Rams looks like

Honestly the Raiders and Rams should move to LA before the Chargers are even considered. Northern California doesn't need 2 NFL teams.
>>
>>63477145
Anon, I'm not disagreeing with you here. In fact I totally agree. I was just explaining where the organization was coming from. That is their back story and motivation. If you ask me, the Rams and Raiders by far have a more legitimate claim than the Chargers ever could. Any legitimate attempt by Spanos to move to LA is superfluous at best, and full on retarded.
>>
>>63477180
I'm just saying if I were the NFL, that's what I would see.

I just hope it plays out in the way most hope it does: this is all for posturing and that Spanos gets the relocation fees to build a new stadium in SD.

No one wants to see the Chargers in LA. Not the NFL. Not San Diego. Not people in LA.

They already took the Clippers and they still barely have a fanbase there and they've been there for 30 years.
>>
>>63477210
>No one wants to see the Chargers in LA

don't worry they'll change the colors and name of the team
>>
>>63476193
We've already been waiting 20 years for the team to come back

If the NFL sends the Chargers to LA, I hope they have extra security for when the Raiders come to town because it will get really really violent.

Oakland doesn't need a fucking team. Oakland is NOT home to the Raiders. LA is.
>>
>>63474840
>Facebook would disagree

because every nfl fan uses facebook
>>
>>63475588
all those navy blue bears jerseys upfront
>>
>>63477237
Doubt it. That'd be smart, and Spanos is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>63477793
My family's seats are on the visitor's side. That's why the upside down Charger's helmet on the 50.
>>
>>63477810
Supposed to be for >>63477519
>>
>>63474840
>socal fags unironically use Facebook stats
>>
>team don't want us anymore
>away team bandwagoners swarm us every week
>injuries EVERYWHERE
>local gov and transplants don't want to chip in for a new stadium
>lose at last second every week
>would be the 2nd or 3rd most popular team in LA
Just move my shit to London fAm. I can't cope with this shit anymore
>>
>>63470451
>They've had 3 chances and prove every time they don't deserve one.

Why did the Raiders fail there anyways? Judging by some of the posters here, LA is Raider country and always will be. Why did they go back to Oakland?
>>
>>63475971
>ending up like Brian Stowe
Nobody wants to rot in jail for 38 years, but he deserves it tbh_fam

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/brian-stowe-gets-years-in-prison-for-sex-assaults-pictures/article_13f8b0d4-c5ff-53dc-bd06-bc2f293a1f7d.html
>>
>>63477878
Al Davis had a new stadium plan in Inglewood (where Hollywood Park is) but the NFL wanted Al Davis to take a 2nd team in his new stadium, which is insanely unfair.

This forced him to move back to Oakland, who basically bribed him to come back

The Raiders never had attendance problems in LA.
>>
>>63475254
Because Mexicans
>>
>>63478095
The Raiders were spent most of their existence in LA...BLACKED OUT!

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-01-11/sports/sp-8197_1_regular-season-raider

Even playoff games in LA were blacked out.

I know you are gonna come up with an excuse, but like it or not Al Davis took the Raiders back to Oakland. And most people want the Rams back
>>
>>63478095
Al moved to LA because they promised him a new stadium. He never got it.

Oakland promised him a new stadium to move back. But he never got that one either.

The Raiders left because of the same reason they went there. Al Davis was so crazy for a stadium he made stupid decisions.
>>
To anyone who says "Look at the opposing fans at Chargers home games", teams like the Bears only come to Southern California to play a NFL game once every four years. Qualcomm seats 69,000 and if you don't think there are at least 20,000 people from Chicago now living in LA/OC/SD then you're an idiot. Same goes for diehard fans from the Midwest and East Coast cities like Boston, Pittsburgh, DC, Philly, all historic franchise bases where transplanting to the West Coast isn't uncommon.

Since there's only one NFL team in Southern California, if you're home team played there once in four years you'd be quite opt to go. Has less to do with San Diego apathy than people who don't understand the situation assume.

There is a strong diehard fanbase in San Diego of people who root for the Chargers. But I don't want to spend money at a shithole like Qualcomm anymore, and I've been to dozens of games since growing up there. Combined with this talk by the owners of wanting to move, and giving the city the middle finger, I want to go to games even less. Still root for the team on TV and bleed for the Chargers all the same.
>>
>>63484813
He got it in 1994, what are you talking about?

The NFL wanted Al to take a second team, and he didn't want to take it. It's the NFL who forced out Al Davis from LA, not out of his free will.

I hope the Raiders come home once and for all
>>
>>63475492
>The Rams are a better organization with a superior owner who has a better stadium plan. I would love a legit opportunity to abandon the chargers and cheer for a real home team.
What about the Rams is better? The owner has intentionally tried tanking the franchise, and has fucked over both St. Louis and LA in his time with the team. Never forget he was a major factor in Georgia moving the team to St. Louis. Not to mention the fact that this is the team that actively employs Jeff Fisher and gave Nick Foles an extension before he played a snap on the field. Amongst other issues. I love the Rams, but they're a shitty team with a shitty owner.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.