[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2nd division thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Rampla+AUF.jpg (134 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
Rampla+AUF.jpg
134 KB, 960x638
Tell me about your country 2nd division league
I want to know about Have-been clubs and obscure shitty clubs with derelict fields.
I contribute Rampla Juniors, it´s incredibly shitty. They never have money to start the season but the money misteriously appears at the last minute, then a mediocre campaign and it starts all over again.
>>
The Challenge League (and yes that is the name) is a ridiculous collection of literally whos and 'didn't they used to be good?' clubs. Xamax are there now after getting promoted from the third division, which they got relegated to after going bankrupt. Lugano got promoted to the Super League last season, and even if they hadn't finished first, they still would have made it, because their two challengers for promotion didn't have good enough finances to receive a Super League licence. And Servette didn't even get a Challenge League licence, and got forcibly relegated, despite finishing second.

Former Arsenal player André Santos plays for FC Wil now in the Challenge League, and joined after a group of Turkish businessmen bought out the club, making them one of the few clubs without financial troubles.
>>
Ligue 2 is full of historic clubs that fell into irrelevance like Lens, Le Havre, Metz, Auxerre or Sochaux.
>>
>>63456670
Played in the swiss league for a while in FM14. The Finances did suck.

>US division 2 has no direct promotion or relegation, as it more about finances then play. Most clubs are young, (2006 foundation or newer) but the oldest soccer clubs in the united states that have stayed alive are only in existence from 1993.

They are better then most Div III teams, which many times play at high school fields, and are at least somewhat professional. Still no real TV coverage and the clubs mostly survive by the owners investing in it then actual sale.

Unlike our top division which has a weird single ownership, in Division 2 each club owns itself and its contracts.
>>
>>63457255
>Better
>0-7
>>
>>63456543
a bunch of part-timers and amateurs

fuck all interest
>>
>>63457275
referring to finances and club facilities - Div III teams play on high school fields and clubs fold all the time.
>>
The Championship is full of historic clubs that fell into irrelevance like Leeds, Forest, Derby, Wednesday or Wolves.
>>
>Ferrocarril Oeste might finally get promoted
>Chacarita on the lower half of the table

feels good man
>>
>>63457335
The USL?
It's probably more stable than the NASL
>>
>>63457497
The Scottish Championship is full of historic clubs that fell into irrelevance like Rangers, Hibernian, and Raith Rovers
>>
>>63457581
How could you possibly confuse my post with >>63457366?
>>
It's fucking shit, just like the first division

The stadiums are better, tho
>>
Got to be the best second division on the planet. A European Cup winner, a Uefa Cup winner and about half of them have won the league at some point.

And then some cunt spends £11m on a striker.
>>
>>63458257
>it was only £11m with extensions and i think one of the big ones was promotion and we all know that's not happening
>>
File: cabo.png (44 KB, 684x299) Image search: [Google]
cabo.png
44 KB, 684x299
This year we didn't have enough teams to make up a second division so the league had to ask a completely amateur Sunday League team to join.

So Cabinteely FC joined. They are just a local team that play their games in a park. They played this season in a rugby ground. There's no relegation so they should be back again next year.

The standard of football is really low because the player pool is tiny. Half the population are playing other sports and any good footballers go to England when they're teenagers.
>>
File: Tribune4.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
Tribune4.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
Telstar.

Been a season ticket holder here since '04 when I moved to Amsterdam.

No chance of promotion, no money, no tv coverage, and now that our football pyramid has changed they are one of the top
candidates to get relegated next season.
>>
>>63458257

Easily the best second division. Better and richer than most countries first divisions.
>>
>>63458347
The fucking Telstar. You've been ruining my bets this season really badly.

2nd division in my country is just pure corruption, but the level is pretty high plus second teams of big ones playing on it sometimes, so you can see some promises too.
>>
>>63458257
>A European Cup winner
2 times la, back2back la
>>
The 2nd division has been developing a lot since 2002 because of popular clubs getting relegated (and being promoted right after) almost every season.

>Have-been clubs

Guarani (1978 league champion), São Caetano (2004 Libertadores finalist), Bahia (1988 league champion).
>>
>>63458257
yeah I agree
2 players on our NT play in the Championship
>>
Football National League, formerly called the 1st division (our 1st tier is called the Premier League), not to be confused with the NFL. Haven't paid much attention to them until this year. We recently adopted a Spanish system where reserve teams of big clubs can play in lower tiers. So, Spartak-2, the reserves of my team, got two promotions in a row, tehy're now playing in the FNL. I watched about 5 games this year and 90% of teh games have been fucking unwatchable. More boring than cricket and baseball combined. And all these teams are considered professional. My ass. No surprise that fucking nobody goes to teh games, attendances are in the shits every season for almost all teams. Finances also are, every year at least one team folds or voluntarily drops to a lower league because of lack of money.
Also, a team from my hometown, I sometimes go to their games, plays in the 3rd tier. It's also considered fully professional. And funny enough, games there are sometimes more exciting than in the FNL, even though the quality of players is even poorer
>>
>>63458632
Didn't Anzhi get relegated?

>mfw that was supposed to be the next big club
>>
>>63458703
Kerimov just suddenly got bored with his toy and cut the club budget by 75%. They sold all their star players, got relegated, spent one season in the FNL, got back in the Prem, but they're dead last right now. Still beat my Spartak though, reeeeeee
>>
>>63458342
how are shelbourne not in the top flight?
>>
>>63458342
What is the team that's only one point ahead of them like?
>>
File: forestgoodfeels.jpg (96 KB, 641x600) Image search: [Google]
forestgoodfeels.jpg
96 KB, 641x600
>>63458427

I heard Nelson Oliveira is playing for Portugal during the international break, I guess they've not been paying particularly close attention to the games he's played in... Forest have been fucking woeful until Friday night
>>
>>63457255
Also, instead of having promotion and relegation, American teams that do well and prove they can attract fans sometimes join a higher level league as an expansion team. We can get away with this because the sport has only been gaining popularity in recent years and also because unpopular teams generally fold.

As a side note, NASL considers itself a second Division I league, seeing itself as being in direct competition with MLS.
>>
File: perplexed gorosito.jpg (26 KB, 466x273) Image search: [Google]
perplexed gorosito.jpg
26 KB, 466x273
>Uruguay has enough people to have 2 football divisions
>>
>>63460938
>Forest have been fucking woeful until Friday night
>only decent player all night was an ex-derby play
Match as a whole was woeful
>>
>>63458964

They had money problems.

>>63460681

Dunno what they are like now, I assume they are terrible but they are a proper club. They've won the top division and the cup a few times and played in Europe
>>
>>63461042
>As a side note, NASL considers itself a second Division I league, seeing itself as being in direct competition with MLS.

US Soccer who has the final choice disagrees - It is sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer) as the Division II league in the American league system, under Major League Soccer (MLS) and above the USL (formerly, USL Pro).

Still, I would like to see it grow to a point that you don't have MLS weird ownership setup.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.