[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11 /8/9694220/falcons-49ers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: GettyImages-495260946.0.jpg (40 KB, 709x473) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-495260946.0.jpg
40 KB, 709x473
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/8/9694220/falcons-49ers-dan-quinn-field-goal-why-why-WHY
>Falcons coach Dan Quinn's decision to kick a FG was so dumb, making it hurt their win probability
Could this is the most idiotic decision in the history of the NFL, coaching wise?
>>
>>63450789
No, that would be the Colts "whatever the fuck that was" against the Pats
>>
>>63451677
I don't think that was a coaching decision
The point was to not snap the football in the situation they got
Pagano said clearly "Why did you snap the football?"
>>
>>63450789

In a year where the Super Bowl was decided on a goal line pick, you're asking if this bullshit was the worst coaching decision? Are you serious?
>>
>>63450789
That article is operating on the assumption that the Falcons could get 2 goal line yards, that they could get them as easily as any other yards, while the Niners had shut down the run all day, and that the Niners offense isnt garbage.

It was a bad decision in hindsight but if you watched any of that game you should know that going for it ran a very high chance of outright loss. That 53% they are citing is nonsense of the highest order.
>>
>Red Right 88
>Vikings taking a knee in the NFCCG when they had a chance to score
>Razors benching Doug Flutie in the playoffs

Not even close desu
>>
>>63451764
At least that was an attempt to win the game
>>63452041
They were still averaging 5 yards a play
Play-action, or pitch, or something
If they didn't get it they were still in great position to get a stop for a safety
That's were the 53% was coming from
>>63452442
Cold
I'll give you that one
Flutie didn't play special teams
>>
>>63452583
>They were still averaging 5 yards a play

league leading DeVonta Freeman - 1 ypc
>>
>>63452583

Are you trying to suggest that Music City Miracle would still have happened if Flutie had started?

I'm sorry, but benching the guy who got you there for some shitty meme QB you invested too highly in is still a terrible decision desu
>>
>>63452632
Then don't let him run it
Do something than giving up
>>
>>63451698
They practiced it with a different snapper and the decision to run it with someone who was so clearly unprepared was an awful coaching decision
>>
>>63452649
I didn't say it was a good decision
Just that in the end, Johnson starting didn't kill their chances at winning like this did
>>
>>63451764
The Seattle goal line pick wasn't a bad play call, it just had a bad result.
>>
>>63452671
You don't have to know a lot about it to know that if you see more than one defender than don't snap it
That's totally on the snapper
>>
>>63452679

>2015
>Still talking about 2015

Time to move on family, let men have sex with your wife because they are better than you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.