[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what about a new rule in then NFL that says the defense has to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: brettfavre.jpg (31 KB, 400x361) Image search: [Google]
brettfavre.jpg
31 KB, 400x361
what about a new rule in then NFL that says the defense has to line up within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. that way we don't see prevent defenses anymore.
>>
Defense can line up wherever they like on their side of the line, stfu and gtfo desu
>>
I think a better question is why don't teams just run prevent defense in the open field all the time and then stack the box in red zone. Nothing can ever hurt them deep, and any runs will get bottled up by the red zone coverage in open field. Field is shorter at the goal line so you play normal and your dbs have less field to cover. You would give up a lot of yards but nobody would ever score on you.
>>
File: 1441809537268s.jpg (3 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
1441809537268s.jpg
3 KB, 125x96
>>63415199
>>
>>63415199
Why don't you stop talking, you goddamn window licker
>>
>>63415199

There's this play called a bubble screen. It eats those defenses alive
>>
File: DSCI0103.jpg (220 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0103.jpg
220 KB, 1024x768
>>63415244
some stoned moron on the phone labeled me a window licker once at work.
what is a window licker supposed to be ?
>he wanted me to overhead page "John the nigger please come to the phone"
>I refused.
>still employed.
>>
why exactly do you want to get rid of the prevent?
>>
why? the defense already is at a disadvantage. why make the bias to offense greater?
>>
Every big rule change has made it harder for the defense, because offense = ratings

>horsecollar
>targeting
>halo rule
>defenseless receiver
>roughing
>>
>>63417339
what about changing a field goal from 5 to 3 points?
>>
>>63415199
That is assuming you can stop every goal line stand, which never happens, so this is a shit idea.
>>
>>63417981
Most teams don't score TDs in redzone. Most teams get held to field goals.
>>63415267
...no it doesnt? A screen can't work when you have everyone except your defensive linemen back to defend against it, and when you cut defensive linemen loose to set up a screen, they turn around and chase it down. Those screens are meant to fuck up blitzing teams that lose their leverage guys and don't have anyone to slow down the receiver so the defensive linemen and other blitzers can react and chase him down.
>>
>>63415267
If bubble screen eats prevent alive, why does this thread exist?
>>
>>63418173
Because the OP is a retard.
>>
>>63417452
>post about TV ratings
>what about rules that were changed before TV's were even invented?

are you retarded
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.