[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARE SPORTS PREDETERMINED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
Lads, are sports "fixed"?

I was reading a book I won't mention then watching some show where a man said sports are fixed then I thought about how they might then I figured I should ask experts from around the globe

So ARE THEY
>>
hello?
>>
They ain't called Buyern for no reason tßh fäm
>>
everything is random that we can't understand or measure with 100% accurately yet
>>
Edit:serious replies only
>>
File: IMG_20150911_013531.jpg (59 KB, 367x512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150911_013531.jpg
59 KB, 367x512
Confirmed for fix'd.

Deal with it losers.
>>
Would really like international opinions this is final bump
>>
I don't doubt it, but I don't think its gotten that far...yet.
>>
>>63413938

the 2006 soul bowl was fixed
>>
>>63413938
Ultimately there is chance involved due to the nature of sports, but certain results are "encouraged" to various degrees in different leagues and sports across the globe
>>
I always heard the NBA is fixed in favor of 7 game series but idk
>>
Probably not, in general.

Individuals have taken outside money or been coerced into giving less than their best effort. Some refs have made bad calls for money or other reasons. Those are facts. And that has affected the outcome of games in all sports.

In the Olympics, political pressure has affected refereeing in many instances.

But overall, sports are not rigged.

>pro rasslin is not a sport
>>
>>63413938
>I was reading a book I won't mention
why not?
>>
tl;dr answer incoming

Depends on the sport. It's possible and doable in individual sports like boxing (go swinging in the 3, take a fall in the 4) and tennis, but even in those sports it's usually so blatant they launch a full scale criminal investigation into it.

It's however next to absolutely impossible in team sports like football. Sure, a bribed ref can make a bad call here and there to influence the game, but it's ludicrous to think that every playcall, every catch, every block, every tackle is predetermined. That would amount to a conspiracy of gigantic proportions, with all of the players, coaching staffs and refs being involved, AND making the shit somehow believable (which just isn't doable, look at WWE for example, even a 10 year old can figure out it's not real), AND not having a single whistleblower out of thousands of people over literally decades.

As for refball, I can assure you that a vast, unreal majority of refball cases is just a human error. It's easy for autists to scream "HOW COULD THE REF NOT SEE IT, HE WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE", when the ref has to do a call on the fly instead of watching it from 30 angles on his HD screen in slow motion, real time.
>>
>>63418696
Twilight.
>>
Of course not. If it was, it wouldn't be a secret.

You think a 22 nigger with an IQ of 80 can who is paid a million dollars a year can keep a secret like that?
>>
>>63413938
I was talking to a guy once.

He said bet your fucking life that Bulgaria and Montenegro draw tonight because UEFA makes more money if England qualify for Euro 2012 (through merchandise and tickets and TV and shit).

Sure enough it finished 1-1.

It's made me extremely dubious.
>>
Fixing single matches prob happens one the regular Id say 1 in 10 but fixed leagues as in selection of refs and certain teams getting "favours" is happens in all leagues I would say.

Its not some grand conspiracy that the league is decided before day 1, but the leagues do push certain results.What Italy was accused of (leagues assigning refs to games they know they will make certain calls against teams they dont like) I think happens in every league there is.
>>
>>63418753
With the money they're getting paid they have good reason to keep their mouths shut.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.