[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commentary advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: imag0028.jpg (965 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
imag0028.jpg
965 KB, 2592x1552
Hi - I'm commentating a sports game live on television in a couple of weeks time.

Would love to hear your suggestions on things to say and also who your favourite commentators are and why?
>>
>>63404828

just over exaggerate anything that happens

like any good play just talk about how it's "magical" etc.
>>
boom goes the dynamite
>>
>>63404828
I'm intensely curious to find out who people think are good commentators too. There are still some good guys on the radio but tv commentary is a barren wasteland.
>>
>>63404955
>over exaggerate anything

inb4 OP turns into Gus Johnson
>>
Thanks to you both, bumping again
>>
>>63404828
Go watch Ray Hudson. Take notes on what he says. Then don't say it, it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>63405334

>he doesn't like ray hudson

lol
>>
>>63405398
>he likes hyperbole out the ass
It gets old after 3 games max, then it's just annoying. Plus he's a rude cunt to any other commentator he works with
>>
talk with as little emotion as you possibly can and make sure you let it known that you'll work cheaper than Joe Buck, then you'll get hired by NFL on FOX for sure
>>
>>63405320
He's good in small doses. He managed to make a late season meaningless football game exciting, so that's something.
>>
>>63404828
Listen to Vin Scully. He's the GOAT of all sports commentary. Works alone cause he's that great.
>>
Lots of personal anecdotes and jokes
>>
take notes from joe buck
>>
Thanks again, except for the Joe Buck trolls. Lol bumping again for more advice
>>
>>63405867
This. Talk about your days when you played that sport.

Also what sport
>>
OP here. It's rugby
>>
sweet sassy molassy
>>
Ian Eagle is the best current commentator in America.

https://youtu.be/WIotQY_QvyU

Look at that seamless transition from goofy antics to picking up the call mid play without missing a beat.
>>
>>63404828

What sport?

Pat Summerall's spare delivery - "Montana .... Rice .... Touchdown" is preferable, but that shit won't play if you're calling a baseball game. Summerall, Scully, a little Cosell if you happen to be literate, that will take you a long way. Or, have several drinks and then say what comes to you.
>>
>>63408024
that's not Kevin Harlan
>>
I'm a sucker for some good facts desu op
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.