[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /sp/ feel about The Class of '92™?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Class-of-92-film-2716416[1].jpg (533 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
Class-of-92-film-2716416[1].jpg
533 KB, 2197x1463
How does /sp/ feel about The Class of '92™?
>>
David looks ridiculously young.
>>
a very good generation of players who won everything on club level and never performed for their country
>>
overhyped British shite, as per usual
>>
That BBC documentary about them owning Salford City is pretty comfy.
>>
Wow Becks makes all of those guys look like shit
>>
Beck is just too good for this world.

Also brand in a brand ofc.
>>
>>63381446
maybe slightly overrated, but they did win the cl
>>
enjoyed the movie t b h
>>
>>63381387
I'm gonna get a haircut like Becks is rockin
>>
sick of hearing about these munich cunts desu
>>
>>63381524
None of them are from Germany though??
>>
>>63381387
Isn't the second from the right the drummer for Blur?
>>
>beckham
>in charge of not being based as fuck

How godlike can one man be?
>>
>>63381517
I would if I had hair ;_;
>>
>>63381513

grats, but they're made out to be like the saviours of football. they were good players under a manager who was able to make his side more than the sum of his parts.

there was no fundamental change or improvements to footballing because of them the way other teams before, during, and after their time have. also, them constantly fucking up the Euros and WC attempts for Englel further cement their status as bang average English hype-babbies to me.

with them it's like the very first time in the existence of football when England discovered that a proper youth set-up and pay dividends down the line.
>>
Always thought Butt was underrated, he was unlucky enough to play in the sama position as that psychopath Keane
>>
>>63381439
This tbf, although to be fair to them no one has really performed for England post 1990 with Euro 96 and a few player since then as exceptions.
>>
>>63381446
I think they're a little overrated but to call them shite is a bit silly.
They were generally quite good in all honesty.

Also
>Americans saying shite
Disgusting
>>
>>63381554
god I hope I never go bald
>>
>>63381669

He's probably one of those guys who meets the lads at the pub to watch his favorite team, Arsenal.
>>
>>63381555
>them constantly fucking up the Euros and WC attempts for Englel further cement their status as bang average English hype-babbies to me.
>bang average English hype-babbies
>bang average
You're having a nightmare, lad. Just stop.

>>63381612
I really rated Butt. I feel he was a bit under appreciated at United. Always stepped up when Keane or Scholes were suspended, particularly in big games.
>>
is that a british boyband? the literally whos?
>>
Regarding their international performances, they suffered from poor management and an era of football where most of the other top teams were slightly better.

If they had been around in the dog shit era of the mid to late 80s, they'd have dominated. The England team of their time was legitimately "world class", but France, Italy, Germany and Brazil more so.
>>
Why is David Beckham in a Jacamo advert?
>>
>>63381387
Imagine if we had giggs in the England side as well.it would of been perfect

We still probably woul of crashed out in the QF anyway but still
>>
>>63381720
Sounds about right, tbf.
Maybe just a La Liga bandwagoner hopping on the EPLel memes that never saw them play and has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

>>63382221
>tfw our team was legitimately stacked in 2002 and 2004 everywhere but up front and the FA kept forcing the 4-4-2 with Gerrard and Lampard
>tfw we were stacked as fuck with strikers and barely anything else in the 90's.

Still firmly believe we would have won it in 2002 if we had slightly better management and Ronaldinho hadn't scored that worldie.
>>
>>63382360

2002 was wide open. Refball knocked the big teams out, and the final was a flawed Brazil and a terrible Germany carried by Oliver Kahn

It looks more and more of a missed opportunity with every year
>>
>>63382360
>tying this hard to scapegoat Gerrard and Lampard

Neither of them were even in the squad for 2002.

Owen was world class in 2002 desu. Scored vs Brazil in the WC and Portugal in the Euros.

On the other hand, 3 of the Class of '92 started in midfield vs Brazil and Beckham missed a penalty vs Portugal.
>>
reminder that their 'legendary' treble was only because of two lucky injury time goals after being comprehensively outplayed and two missed penalties by dennis bergkamp.
>>
>Ryan "Keep it in the family" Giggs
>Nicky "Literally who" Butt
>David "T-the penalty spot was bobbly!!!" Beckham
>Phil "I captained England for 20 minutes once" Neville
>Paul "M-mum Sven played me out of position again!!" Scholes
>Gary "I'm only a cunt on the football pitch i s-swear!!" Neville
>>
>>63382735
No shit. That's what makes it legendary
>>
>>63382902
Beckham single handedly stopped England from being a laughing stock in both 02 and 06 you dolt
>>
>>63382175
good banter
>>63382222
great banter
>>63382902
acceptable banter
>>
>>63383084
>implying England hasn't been a laughing stock since 1970
>>
>>63383345
>canada
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.