[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US SOCCER GENERAL - MLS, NASL, USL, NPLS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
NASL getting ready to announce a new team.

http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-soccer-league/story/2697797/nasl-to-unveil-new-club-next-week-commissioner

MLS playoffs continue this Sunday
Current aggregate:
NY 1 - DC 0
VAN 0 - PTFC 0
CREW 1 - MTL 0
FCD 1 - SEA 2
>>
My bad it's actually CREW 1 - MTL 2
>>
>>63330722
meh who cares
>>
>>63330722
how do they do in the champions league?
>>
>>63330857
Get blown out. The Impact had a surprise run, but the Mexicans usually take it.
>>
Surely if NASL gets too big then the relegation/promotion system is going to get serious movement?
>>
>>63330937
They're nowhere close
>>63330881
They haven't got blownout lately
>>
>>63330937
lol no. most NASL teams play in high schools.
>>
>>63330722
>A new North American Soccer League (NASL) team
>one with the backing of a European club
Atlético Las Vegas or Borussia Miami incoming
>>
>>63331036
They already have one team confirmed for Miami, I doubt there will be a second.
>>
>>63330937
what nasl needs is attendance and stability, not more teams that play in front of 4k and will be gone in 5 years
>>
>>63331036
Birmingham Aston Villa
>>
>>63331036
Rayo Oklahoma City
That's not a joke by the way
>>
TIMBERS
I
M
B
E
R
S
>>
Anyone else think the NPSL is more relevant than the NASL? That NASL shill containment post, had more discussion about the NPSL.
>>
NASL will fold in a decade what kind of investor in their right mind is gonna buy into this dogshit
>>
>>63332587
Well, they were mostly
>I found out I have a NPSL team near me?
>You did? What a coincidence. They're near me too
It was probably true for the PDL as well
>>
>>63332742
The NPSL does have a larger footprint. Yeah, it's amateur, but it's really accessible to a lot of people. Being on the West Coast, the NASL is pretty irrelevant to me.
>>
>>63332632
The CFL, apparently
>>
>>63334141
Would be dope. Aren't they trying to build out a fully Canadian league? With the Canadian champion playing the American champion.
>>
>>63335323
Nobody has any real clue what's actually going to happen. Maybe an NASL conference, maybe a completely standalone league.

Either way the CSA has no money and if the CFL is going to be involved teams are just going to be dumped into football stadiums that are way, way too big, so I don't know how they expect this to not completely crash out within three years
>>
MEMPHIS
E
M
P
H
I
S
>>
>>63331232
>OKC has literally no club in 2012
>PDL club forms in 2013
>USL club forms in 2014
>NASL club forms in 2015

I guess this is the American version of promotion
>>
>>63338868
The NASL team and PDL team were announced at the same time
>>
>>63338938
except that the NASL club never materialized the first time around, so it was just a PDL club
>>
File: 1446163258325.jpg (69 KB, 1131x948) Image search: [Google]
1446163258325.jpg
69 KB, 1131x948
>>63330722

>NASL
>>
>>63338750

I'm okay with this
>>
Any Minnesota United fans here? How's your season going? I like their black kit
>>
NASL is the feeder league to the MLS.

These are the facts, and they are undeniable.

Shit, play well and don't have a dickhead howner, you may even see your franchise buy-in to the MLS.
>>
>>63350551
Not anymore, MLS is increasingly just sidestepping the NASL and lifting franchises directly up from USL
>>
>>63330749

no it's actually montreal 2 - crew 1. in association football it's customary to put the local first in the scoring board.
>>
>>63358136
He's listing them in order for next Sunday, not last Sunday
>>
>>63350551
Is that why the USL consistently outperforms the NASL and USL has the most "(MLS team)2" teams?
>>
>>63332587
>NASL shill containment post

kek. I'm pretty sure this thread is also a side-effect of that thread.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.