[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Football Playoff Rankings Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: ikujer.jpg (20 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
ikujer.jpg
20 KB, 576x324
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/playoff

>1. Clemson
>2. LSU
>3. Ohio State
>4. Alabama
>5. Notre Dame
>6. Baylor
>7. Michigan State
>8. TCU
>9. Iowa
>10. Florida

>leaving out Wisconsin altogether
>Baylor within striking distance
Why is the CFP committee so horrible, /sp/?
>>
Bumping my own thread because I forgot to mention
>Utah at #12
wtf
>>
>>63319700

>clemson
>>
Looks good besides Ohio State, they shouldn't be ahead of any other no loss team
>>
>>63319700
Committee is fine for the most part. Only change I want is for Baylor to be out of the top 25 altogether
>>
>>63319709

OP's can't bump the thread. It's been like that for years now.

Anyway, I'm generally fine with the rankings and glad that Baylor and TCU got penalized for their shitty schedules.

Also, say Clemson and ND make it into the playoffs. Do you think the committee would mess with the rankings so the first playoff game isn't a rematch between the two?
>>
>>63319719
>only good wins are ND and buttfucking Miami
>probably going to beat a shitty FSU this week and coast undefeated because the ACC sucks

tfw I live 30 miles from the Clemson campus and everyone thinks this Clemson team is literally god
>>
>>63319731
Without a doubt the committee would mess with the rankings. You think pitting college football's good vs. evil (aka Mariota vs Winston) was a coincidence last year?

>>63319728
Baylor has the worst schedule I have ever seen. Looking forward to seeing them get buttblasted by OK State soon.
>>
>>63319738
But they have an elite... Oh wait they aren't great at anything
>>
>>63319738
>Being a gaycock fan
>>
>>63319755
Nah I don't really like either team. I live close to Clemson but actually all the people in my office are all Carolina fans. I went to USF so I have no dog in this fight
>>
This asspain is too much.
>>
>>63319766
Do you sincerely believe that Clemson is the best team in the entire country? That Leonard Fournette would not tun train on even your front 7?
>>
>one playoff spot should be randomly selected from the top 25

Would /sp/ approve or no?
>>
>>63319773
Not with that hideous pass offense LSU has
>>
>>63319773
>projecting
and Fournette would get stomped
>>
College football rankings are and always will be all about winning streaks and "what have you done lately" instead of actual legitimate analysis of competition. How many times have we seen:
>Meh team at 4-3 goes into a top 5 team and miraculously beats them
>Same team now 5-3 and ranked #16
>loses the next week

That paired with brand-name bias are the reasons why current ranking systems suck.
>>
>>63319773
Fournette hasn't face a legit rush defense yet. Bama ranks 3rd, and Clemson ranks 14th. No previous or other up and coming opponents come close.
>>
>>63319794
>team adds a win against one of the best teams in the nation to their resume
>surprised that the team jumps
You're fucking dumb
>>
>>63319785
We have 128 teams, how convenient that that divides perfectly into 8 16 team conferences. Just send the winner of each conference to an 8-team playoff

>but muh Bama finished #2 in the West
tough shit, guess they should have won their division if they wanted a chance to make the playoff
>but muh shitty G5 team makes the playoff
See: 7-9 Seahawks, 9-7 Giants
>>
>>63319823
You cannot give G5 teams a chance to ever play for a title
>>
>>63319865
Then why don't the two just split? The division now is greater than ever and you might as well stop giving teams false hope now rather than string them along. The G5 literally has nothing to play for
>>
>>63319883
I would prefer they split desu. G5 can have their own little playoff or something. Their competition isn't anywhere near the major conferences, so why even treat them like they're the same league?
>>
>>63319760
LeX....?
>>
>>63319700
what's the point of even having LSU and Alabama up there when one of them is getting bumped next week?
>>
>>63321225
Ratings

But really, its hard to argue Alabama isn't playing like a top 4 team
>>
>>63321225

That is the entire point

come end of the season when they're looking to keep out a Big 12 team

>b-but Bama/LSU has a win against a top 4 opponent!!
or
>b-but Bama/LSU only lost to a top 4 opponent!!
>>
>>63321257

>lose to Ole Piss
>play the Razorcakes and Vols close
>nary a big win on the schedule

yeah, "top 4" alright
>>
>>63321264
A 2 loss SEC runner-up >>>>>>> undefeated Big 12 team

A 2 loss Big Ten runner up >>>>>>>>> undefeated Big 12 team

Big 12 should not be allowed in this year no matter how you hold them out
>>
>>63321294

ffs I'm not even a fan of a Big 12 team but you're just being unreasonable

It wasn't even that long ago that a mediocre Oklahoma team trashed Bama in a bowl game
>>
>>63321264
that shit worked last year where everyone had a loss and the lack of a big 12 championship cost them having another game. There's no reason why Alabama should be in the top 4 this early when there are plenty of undefeated teams left.
>>
Clemson will choke away a game at some point, hell if NC State had even a semblance of a defense they beat clemson last week.
>>
>>63321500
And if Clemson was better at bring Brissett down it wouldn't have been close
>>
>>63319789
>hideous
Cannot wait for Harris and Dupre/Dural to stomp the shit out of your false Tigers.
>>
File: 1409344376742.gif (969 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1409344376742.gif
969 KB, 320x240
>>63319789
I love this meme. LSU had a bad pass offense last year, but this year it's been solid. Not prolific, but effective.

Harris has thrown for 1094 yards, 8.4y/c, 9 TDs and 0 INTs on the year. That doesn't sound horrendous. Also, as >>63321600 said, Dural and Dupree are serious threats.
>>
>>63321520
>And if Clemson was better at bring Brissett down
>If only we could tackle people they would not score so much
>>
>>63321315
Until Baylor schedules a game against a P5 opponent, even fucking Vanderbilt or Wake Forest, Baylor should be held out. TCU could barely beat Minnesota, who is terrible on both sides of the ball, and needed a miracle against K State and T Tech. TCU is not top level competition and shouldn't be treated as such.

Oklahoma lost to Texas, who lost to everyone. They did, however, at least beat Tennessee.

Oklahoma State is in the same boat as Baylor.

The only Big 12 teams that I believe would deserve to make it if they won out are Oklahoma and TCU. For Baylor and Okie St, at least play an OOC opponent in a major conference, even Colorado or Wake Forest, or don't bitch about being lefy out no matter what you do
>>
>>63321695
Ifs and buts are useless
>>
>>63321708

>at least beat Tennessee

TENNESSEE IS NOT GOOD

JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE SEC DOES NOT GIVE THEM AN AUTOMATIC LABEL AS "GOOD", "FINE", or EVEN "DECENT"
>>
>>63321664
Play Action is pretty easy when other teams have to commit D-backs to stopping the run. Bama won't have to do that
>>
>>63321783
They are mediocre. No one else has beaten anybody mediocre
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.