[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that baseball season is over, will any americans be watc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: img1.gif (8 KB, 142x182) Image search: [Google]
img1.gif
8 KB, 142x182
Now that baseball season is over, will any americans be watching the cricket match that's being played in New York this Saturday? It's like a big special one with lots of old players coming out of retirement, should be lots of fun

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/04/sports/sachin-tendulkar-and-shane-warne-sell-cricket-to-new-yorkers.html?_r=0

They even re-kitted out Citi Field for it
>>
We have cricket players?
>>
Fuck no
>>
>faggot paddle
>>
>>63317393
Well... maybe since you asked nicely
>>
File: logo.png (198 KB, 514x445) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
198 KB, 514x445
>>63317386
Your cricket players are mostly people from India or the Caribbean who play cricket in the USA. This match is between legends from a few years ago, most recently retired. It's to grow the game in the US and also for a lot of fun, because some guys from the same countries will be playing against each other, it's pretty cool

http://cricketallstars2015.com

>>63317403
>>
>>63317298
do i get a qt kiwi gf if i do?
>>
>>63317462
If you come to NZ you'll literally be swimming in it, us kiwis love big strong americans
>>
Hello my American friends!

I promise that the game will be enjoyable to watch and you may learn something new about the sport :)
>>
>cricket all stars

theres enough of those to field 2 teams?
>>
>>63317386
>>63317393
>>63317403
>>63318066

Hi, newcomers to /cric/!

It seems you have stumbled upon our nifty old sport. You're probably wondering: what the hell are these guys in whites doing? Why are they playing with a paddle? Is this a new meme? But did you know that cricket has been played for over 200 years? Wow! That's really something. Here's something that might help you understand the game more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_cricket

And while you're here, it's best if we introduce you to some of /cric/'s finest memes so you don't feel left out :) Here are a few of the classics:

>Is David Warner related to Shane Warner?

Referring to 2 famous Australian cricketers, this is a humorous play on words of current Australian batsman David Warner and Australian spin legend Shane Warne(spin is a form of bowling that you'll come to know and love). The similar personalities of the two players also makes this amusing, as it's likely that they are probably related!

>Will Smith score a century?

Another delightful play on words. Here we're referring to current Australian captain Steven Smith, and the question is whether he'll score a century. However, this question is always answered with "Will Smith is an actor m8", a reference to popular African-American actor Will Smith, someone I'm sure you're familiar with!

>Daniel

Daniel is a cricket fan from New Zealand well known for his idiosyncrasies, such as his worship of progressive rock, the English County Championship and infatuation with average Slavic girls(surely a step down from the babes you have in Europe or America, haha). It is common to reply to New Zealander posts with "hi daniel", as a reference to /cric/'s most popular Kiwi.

>Holly or Ellyse?

This is an ongoing debate as to who is the better looking female cricketer: Australia's Holly Ferling and Ellyse Perry(who represents Australia in both cricket and soccer - wow!)

There's so much more in /cric/ to offer! Stick around!
>>
>>63318066
Why yes there are my American cousin! I think you'll find that there are a lot of famous cricketers of legend who are there to ensure that you have an enjoyable time!

For instance, Shane Warne from Australia will be playing, a man famed for being one of the greatest legspinners the world has ever seen! Here's some examples of his talents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsThkJt83Ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb9N0vlUFys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INljkJ0T6vE
>>
Anyone know what the lineups are for this thing? I know who's involved but has it been decided who's playing for which team and shit?
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1500x735) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1500x735
G'day (Australian for hello) my American pals!

Did you know America played the first ever international game of cricket? It's true! In fact, cricket used to be quite popular in America; how about that?
>>
Mite b cool
>>
do you think the big strong americans will take a liking to cricket?
>>
>>63319133
They jumped onto the soccer bandwagon so cricket doesn't seem to be too far. It'll take a longer time though, considering that their current team is mostly just Indians and people from the West Indies and that they're shit. Hopefully these games stir some interest in the children.
>>
>>63318209
The big strong americans will be happy to know this.
>>
>>63317996
>>63318072
>>63318083

This guy is so goddamn earnest that I'm actually going to watch the game.
>>
>>63319171
Na senpai baseball is our ball and stick sport.
>>
>>63319202
thus proving THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg i'm amazing
>>
>>63318209
>>63319202
It's true. Their National cricket team was established before Canada's!
>>
>>63319266
I performed that in HS a while back. Oh the nostalgia.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.