[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sp/ think of the controversy surrounding James McClean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: mcclean_3100228b.jpg (137 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
mcclean_3100228b.jpg
137 KB, 620x387
What does /sp/ think of the controversy surrounding James McClean and his refusal to wear a poppy?

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck. Let the guy do what he wants to do.
>>
This will happen every single year until he either dies or retires.
>>
>>63302819
If I were Pulis he would not be playing
>>
>>63302926
I don't understand why though. He's under no legal obligation to do so. What's the problem?
>>
>>63302964
See> >>63302998
>>
>>63302819
I don't care if someone wants to wear a poppy or not but I believe that forcing someone to wear one goes against everything that the people it's supposed to represent died for
>>
>>63302998
easy way for people to get butthurt
>>
I don't care.

I wish he was good enough to warrant all of these discussions, however.
>>
>>63303098
I guess, just like the hysteria that surrounded his celebration after the Sunderland game.
>>
File: 262261.jpg (61 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
262261.jpg
61 KB, 620x413
>>63303155
Don't forget this.
>>
I don't really care, but it's always funny to see Irish republican's hate for the UK not quite extend to actually living and working in Ireland.
>>
>>63303197
Yeah because English fans have never booed other nations athems at Wembley.........
>>
>>63303197
I don't consider any of this controversial. I like that he's standing up for what he believes in, massive respect for that.
>>
>>63303243
>implying mcclean booed the flag
>>
>>63302819
Fucking poppy nazis. When did it become obligatory for anyone remotely involved in television to wear a poppy for about a fucking month anyway? Nobody gives a shit if you don't wear one on the street.
>>
>>63303079

People were butchered on mass for no good reason. WWI was one of the most tragic events in human history. You sound like an American with your "muh freedumb"
>>
It's his decision to wear it or not, and I respect his decision

It's just that I don't know why he has to publicize it. He knows it will cause a shitstorm
>>
wearing flowers is gay
>>
>>63303714
We spell it en masse too. The poppy is generally taken to represent British forces killed in all wars, which includes Ireland, which is why he's butthurt about it.
>>
>>63303197

It's not his anthem.
>>
Imagine being so fucking shit at football that your only notable input to the game is refusing to wear a poppy.
>>
>>63303714
the poppy comemorates the bloody sunday war criminals who still walk free today
>>
>>63303786
He gets asked about it every year. The press knows it gets people's backs up, however many times they print what is basically the same story.
>>
>>63303786
He doesn't publicise it the media just flips it's shit about it
>>63303714
Yes and people in McClain's home city where butchered by the para's which I'm assuming is why he dosn't feel compelled to wear it as it would also honor those soldiers
>>
>>63303873
>>63303878
Ok then my mistake

Why does the media care so much then? If he hasn't worn it year after year in the past, then it's a stupid fucking question to ask desu
>>
>>63303938
>Why does the media care so much then?

sell papers m8
>>
>>63303938
Because it makes people angry. Angry people click on articles and make angry comments.

Leading to money. So essentially the same reason they do anything.
>>
>>63303938
Something to put on the back pages, sells papers typical Sun, Mirror shit take a story and blow it out of proportion or just outright lie about it
>>
>>63303849
>you now remember that mcclean was wigan's player of the year when they got relegated to league 1
>>
>Supporting the cunts that rekt your country
>>
>>63303855
While your criminals are in office mcguinness and adams are psychopathic murderers, even killing and torturing your own people, The poppy is to celebrate the dead who made it possible that you are not speaking german right now you potato eating faggot.

And to that irish cunt James McClean he is a hypocrite he works and lives in england and take our money, its not our fault he has the iq of a lemon.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>james mcclean threads
>>
>>63303714

The problem is it has evolved from just a WW1 remembrance to a general Are Brave Boys wankfest, forgetting that the British Army has done some pretty terrible shit since then
>>
>>63303714
>"on mass"
>that flag

What the fuck.
>>
File: ptot-610x920.jpg (153 KB, 610x852) Image search: [Google]
ptot-610x920.jpg
153 KB, 610x852
>actually having sectarian violence in the recent past
>>
>>63304151
>The poppy is to celebrate the dead who made it possible that you are not speaking german right now you potato eating faggot.
see
>>63303855
>the poppy comemorates the bloody sunday war criminals who still walk free today
>>
>>63304151
It's not your money, it's entirely his as he earned it.
It makes absolutely no difference where he's from.
>>
>>63304421

I sometimes write publique instead of public in French too desu
>>
>>63304518
>the poppy comemorates the bloody sunday war criminals who still walk free today

Nope the poppy has nothing to do with bloody sunday you moron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
>>
>>63304818
he is a hypocrite plain and simple he slags off the royal family and the uk and acts like a child at our anthem but takes money with the queens head on it...no wonder the irish are so retarded
>>
>>63305281
There's no telling them mate, seriously there isn't. You should know what the Irish are like for being professional victims, second only to Liverpool fans t.b.h.
>>
>>63305347

That's like saying no one who is against the e.u can ever spend euros or get a european driving license. Do you think he should return the money? Or instead that he be paid in roubles
>>
>>63304518
butthurt potato nigger lol

makes sense though beta Ireland has been rekt by alpha England since records began.
>>
>>63305735
we don't use euros here faggot, to be honest no club should allow him to play in the uk
>>
>>63303197
dont like our country? dont play in our league, or live here

simples
>>
>>63306101
why? did he do something illegal? has he caused some sort of loss or harm to someone? is he trying to incite violence?

he is just exercising his right to freedom of expression, it doesn't matter when he is from, as a British citizen he has the freedom to not wear a poppy on his shirt if he doesn't support what he feels this symbol represents.

people like you claim to be patriots and have the highest respect for those who died in the world wars yet at the same time attack the very freedoms that these people died for.
>>
>>63306514
You really are a moron if you truly are british and your relatives fought and died for this country they will be turning in their graves to have a traitorous little cretin as an offspring like you, its all about respect, if you come to this country and you live here and act offensive and disrespectful expect to be treated like a piece of shit, its people like you who makes this country shit, and have no pride.
>>
>>63306768
You sound like a fascist
>>
>>63306797
You sound like a troll
>>
I think he's being a contrary Irish cunt. We clearly never starved enough of the dirty fenian bastards.

Should be deported back to his shithole Ireland
>>
>>63306860
totally agree, hope he gets bottled one day if he has the balls to go into an english pub
>>
irish are pretty much retarded anyway, they should of killed more at bloody sunday
>>
>>63302819

He doesn't hate the British when he plays for British football teams and collects a British pay-check.

Shame on dirty Leeds scum for tolerating this
>>
>>63308992
hes a few potatoes short of a roast dinner
>>
dragging politics in to sports is never a good idea
>>
>>63309156
good to see a sensible irishman here
>>
>>63304457
i-i-is this consent lads?
>>
Why do people in Ireland speak English if they hate England so god damn much?
>>
On the one hand, fuck war memorials they're pointless and glorify mindless killing

On the other hand, fuck being a major league edgelord who doesn't do things to make a """statement"""
>>
>>63312134
if the people who died didn't you would be speaking japanese or german right now so stfo you sheep fucker
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.