[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion of Jurgen Klinsmann?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: sad klinsmann.jpg (47 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
sad klinsmann.jpg
47 KB, 620x350
As a coach and technical director, not as a player. There were really high expectations when he got hired, and he won the 2013 Gold Cup and did a good job at the World Cup, but the embarrassment of the 2015 Gold Cup and the lack of improvement as a team (the '02 and '10 US teams were arguably better) has a lot of people disappointed. What do you guys think? Has he actually helped US Soccer? Is his goal of reaching the semifinals at the 2018 World Cup even remotely realistic?
>>
He's shit and the whole national team is too.
>>
>>66194764
Is there anything in particular that he's gotten wrong? I don't really pay much attention to the national team outside of the World Cup, so I don't know much about what Klinsmann is actually doing.
>>
>>66194740
it'd be a bullshit fluke if we got the semis in 2018. Our talent pool might be deeper than ever, but the top end players aren't there. He hasn't gotten us to outperform our talent level, with the possible exception of the first two games of the WC. We might see the benefits of his involvement a few years down the line when the next crop of kids grow up, but I can't say he's done anything special from a selection or tactical perspective. And he alienated donovan for no real reason. Don't tell me that old slow nigga from houston brought more to the WC than landy could have.
>>
>>66194833
>Don't tell me that old slow nigga from houston brought more to the WC than landy could have.

Isn't Beasley a defender? I doubt Klinsmann picked him over Donovan, Donovan was probably cut to make room for Wondolowski or one of the Germans.
>>
>>66194802
He's as ignorant as you
>>
I said from the get go he's shit, he's nothing but a cheerleader but nooo burgers can't stop sucking German dick
>>
Personally a big Klinsmann fan and I feel isolated by the uneducated MLS-only crowd that I am surrounded by on a day-to-day basis.
>>
>>66194969
>(You)
>>
>>66194934
No I'm right. Klinsmann has been shit, and all our good athletes play other sports.
>>
>>66194986
We should at least beat Jamaica and Panama whose best athletes play other sports
>>
>>66194861
i didn't mean beas, i meant brad davis
>>
>>66194976
You probably want Bruce Arena to come back.
>>
>>66195184
We wouldn't be losing to Panama
>>
he should quit football management and become a motivational speaker or something
>>
File: halp2.jpg (122 KB, 787x640) Image search: [Google]
halp2.jpg
122 KB, 787x640
Speaking of US soccer...

Lads, which section would be the best to get my season tickets for, 101, 102, 103, 136, 135?

I joined the founders club 18 months ago, I get first choice. Closest available is Row 12, just need to decide section. Halp.
>>
Hard to judge him when he has literal garbage to work with. Americans don't understand football. And no, I'm not t.chicano. Mememexico blows dick too.
>>
>>66195248
Wish I could help, we'll see if these autists take a break from shitposting
>>
>>66195555
It isn't hard to judge him at all, he was always shit as a manager, only retards and krautboos didn't see this coming
>>
>>66195248
>United
>FC

triggered
>>
>>66194740
He plays Altidore..... I swear you can bring up a beast of a man in jail and outperform him
>>
>>66195644

Point is the US could have Pep, Mou, and Simeone managing our team and we'd still suck. Can't win without talent.
>>
>>66195714
We should at least be 2nd in this shitty region
but he can't even achieve that
Probably 5th or 6th
>>
File: wondolowski_miss.webm (1 MB, 762x418) Image search: [Google]
wondolowski_miss.webm
1 MB, 762x418
He's too stubborn in his player selection/tactics.Our best field player was stuck at RB for the entire World Cup for fucks sake. We probably beat Belgium if Donovan's on the field.
>>
>>66195693
He's the best striker option right now and yes I'm including everyone
>>
>>66195757
Agree
But these other two are just plain wrong
>>
your team just sucks dick now

you had prime howard, dempsey, donovan, bradley, and even altidore scored a couple times. big players for real teams

now youve just got a collection of literal who's. jurgen klopp couldnt make that team good nevermind jurgen klinsmann. it goes in cycles. just wait until youre not shit again
>>
>>66195805
The talent level is probably the same as under Bradley

But even if it was worse, we should at least beat fucking Jamaica and Panama
>>
>allowing some robotic kraut to manage your national team

He's shit. If we cared enough about soccer we would've revolted when he left Donovan here for the last WC.
>>
When it has counted he has delivered.

For the 2014 World Cup, the US qualified first in their group and in the hex. Of 16 qualifying matches we won 11, drew 2 and lost 3. He got us out of the group of death in the 2014 World Cup.

He's not the best manager, but he's not exactly working with gold either. He has an extremely limited talent pool, which is why he is forced to aggressively recruit players around the world.
>>
>>66196015
>When it has counted he has delivered.
Stop reading there
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>66196015
>When it has counted he has delivered.

You miss the Gold Cup?
>>
>>66195714
Point is klinsmann was always shit and people who have watched long enough knew this
>>
>>66195849
>implying he was wrong leaving don oven off the roster
>>
>>66196050
He left him off for Wondolowski, who choked on the open net in his one single chance and Brad Davis who didn't do shit. Also...

>bringing 3 keepers to a tournament

I mean if you're down to your third keeper you're probably fucked anyway. Why do they waste that roster spot? Has any team's third choice keeper ever played a minute in the WC?
>>
>>66196098
It's FIFA rules
But still
>(You)
>>
>>66196123
Can't you just designate some rando midfielder as your third choice keeper?
>>
>>66196132
No
Nor can you do it a la Bradley
>>
>>66196098
>bringing 3 keepers to a tournament
world cup squads
are you retarded?

>Each association shall then be required to provide FIFA with a final list of 23 players (hereinafter: the final list), three of whom shall be goalkeepers.
>>
>>66196025
>You miss the Gold Cup?

He did win it in 2013
>>
>>66195805
>big players for real teams

Altidore was the worst player in Sunderland history, Bradley was a backup at Roma, Donovan couldn't even hack it at Everton. The only players who had successful careers for real teams were Howard and Dempsey.
>>
>>66196098
>Has any team's third choice keeper ever played a minute in the WC?
france (1978)
belgium (1982)
czechoslovakia (1982)
greece (1994)
>>
>>66196146
Either way, Donovan was still good enough to play and deserved a spot. He was - and probably still is - a better player than Alitidore. I don't know how you could argue otherwise after watching Altidore play all these years. At some point >muh potential becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>66196185
Did any of those teams win with their 3rd choice keeper?
>>
>>66196165
The B team one
But in the senior team one he
1. Has the first loss in a knockout game to a CONCACAF opponent
2. Had the second one
3. The whole team played like shit the entire tournament
4. Had the worst finish since 2000 when at least they lost to Colombia
>>
Good TD. Bad coach.
>>
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 933x916) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 933x916
>>66195757
>mfw every time I see this
>>
>>66196186
Altidore has statically backed up hisnplay for the US
He's right now 4th in goals all-time for the NT
>>
File: USA USA USA.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
USA USA USA.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
he does the best he can with what he's got. football is like the tertiary or quintary sport in the US for men

its like the english handball team.
>>
>>66196241
Nope
>>
>>66196226
No
He's a shit TD too
>>
>>66196250
yes.
revenue:

NFL = 11 billion dorrars
MLB = 8 billion dorrars
NBA = 4,5 billion dorrars
NHL = 3,4 billion dorrars
MLS = 414 million dollars

even seconds bundesliga earns more than MLELS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
>>
>>66196199
the tournament? obviously not

france won against algeria (the only match they won that tournament)
>>
>>66196251
>Pulisic
>Zelalem
>CCV
>Convincing Johnson to not be a bench German player
>pulling strings for memeis to get a chance at Werder.

Don't know what your definition of TD is, but he's top 3 ever for the US
>>
I can't blame Klinnsman. The talent pool in America is so bad. There's been 3 American born players maybe ever that were legitimately good enough to play serious ball in Europe.
>>
>>66196291
This, Klinnsman's like Mike Singletary, all the pieces will be together when he steps down. And then Peter Nowak will fuck everything up
>>
> good job at the world cup

USA scraped past Ghana, drew with a terrible Portugal with Ronaldo playing while injured, throughly by Germany and were dominated by Belgium for 120 minutes, only narrowly losing because of Tim Howard playing the game of his life
>>
>>66196291
>Pulisic
>Zelalem
neither of them have proved that they can actually play at the top level
>>
>>66196291
Pulisic was born and rasied here like his dad so I'm not going to give him credit for that
Zelalel sucks
Most of the dual nationals were identified by Thomas Rongen, not Klinsmann
Who gives a fuck

But most of this doesn't define his job as a technical director
The youth performances (which are total shit) do however
And he deserves a failing grade
>>
>>66196305
Should at least beat Panama
>>
>>66196356
Would've won if that guy with the Jewish last name scores the tap in.

And he did much better than Woy, the problem is, 85% of the people complaining would take Hodgson in a heartbeat
>>
>>66196437
Hodgson has an actual track record of success and didn't shit up non-world cup events
>>
>>66196384
You don't think a BvB scout was in Pennsylvania, or even watching the youth world cup?

>>66196455
Literally proving the point
>>
>>66196478
Pulisic got to Dortmund the same way Junior Flores did
Doing well for the U17 team against Brazil
>>
Donovan wouldve scored that late goal against Belgium in 2014
>>
All the people who started following post-2010 are literal cancer and somehow think they know more than people who's been there from the "start"

All they do is worship EPL and foreign people because they are brainwashed and don't know any better. and since there are more of these people than originals somehow these opinions are taken seriously
>>
>>66196544
also to add, do you think the teams in 2002 and 2010 were better man for man than the 2014 team? just because a guy plays in some random belgium teams means nothing.

post-2010 fans are also people who say things like "messi is the lebron james of soccer" and "if only our best athletes played soccer"

literally the australians of the american soccer community
>>
>>66196282
>414 million

Lol. If MLS was a single club, it wouldn't even crack the top 5 in terms of revenue or wages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League
>>
>>66196282
It's still better than Panama or Jamaica revenues
Should be beating those teams
>>
>>66196565
NYC keeps trying to, but the Jew and NFL owners don't want to dick over the bottom line
>>
>>66196022
>>66196025

I hate to break it to you guys but the Gold Cup is meaningless garbage. Playing teams like Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, etc. will get us absolutely nowhere and is a huge waste of time.

Also before you bring up the Confederations Cup, it's a glorified friendly tournament that nobody places any value in, just ask the Brazilians if they take any solace in winning it rather than the World Cup.

This summer is a step in the right direction playing against South American teams in a tournament.

The only tournament of value the US regularly takes part in is the World Cup.
>>
>>66195693
he probably plays altidore because jozy has pretty consistently scored and assisted throughout his career as an NT striker, and every other meme forward that people have latched onto has proven inconsistent at best.

>davies
>boyd
>wondo
>gomez
>buddle
>iceman
>morris
>wood
>>
>>66196175
>donovan couldn't hack it at everton

kek, way to invalidate yourself in the first sentence, retard. he was excellent
>>
>>66196631
Bobby Wood was God awful until last year.
>>
>>66196619
>the Gold Cup is meaningless garbage. Playing teams like Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, etc. will get us absolutely nowhere and is a huge waste of time.
Okay but if we can't beat them then how the fuck are we going to decently at the world cup
>Confederations Cup, it's a glorified friendly tournament that nobody places any value in, just ask the Brazilians if they take any solace in winning it rather than the World Cup.
Don't think any real American soccer fans were going to take any real value from it
It's just something to help get prepared for the world cup the following year
I'd would rather play in it than not
>This summer is a step in the right direction playing against South American teams in a tournament.
They're going to get crushed
>>
>>66196631
Nigger, Davies was good for the NT until the accident.
>>
>>66196684
And hasn't been shot since. At least Wood is better.
>>
File: Rr6o2TX.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
Rr6o2TX.gif
4 MB, 344x203
>>66196665
>our "defense" vs Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Sanchez, and James

It's going to be brutal
>>
>>66196619
confeds obviously aren't as big a deal as WC, but big teams send their best squads and the players actually try. It's not a glorified friendly, its somewhere in the middle. If you want proof, watch the brazilians celebrate their comeback in 09
>>
>>66196703
At least most of those aren't going to play
>>
>>66196710
i dont think they were celebrating the trophies, they were celebrating the fact that they didnt let the gringos beat them

>mfw played with brazilians and played extra hard against me
>>
File: origay.jpg (140 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
origay.jpg
140 KB, 750x1334
>mfw 10 years from now Miazga-Brooks backline in their prime
>>
>>66196737
just professionals in a competitive match desu
>>
>>66196743
>Miazga
>>
he can't do anything with the shit crop you currently have

you used to have dempsey, donovan, jones, cherundolo, etc. - not the best, but capable players
now they're old and you have fuck all to replace them
>>
>>66196803
He should at least be able to beat Jamaica and Panama
>>
>>66196847
Jamaica pace beats your shit slow CBs. Wasn't Panama penalties? If so that's not a loss
>>
>>66196880
That's no fucking excuse
We had never lost to Jamaica before Klinsmann got there
>>
>>66196910
It's not an excuse. Your CBs are slow and shitty.
>>
>>66196710

They celebrate because they think that it means they will win the following summer. They didn't.

It happened in 2005, 2009, and 2013. It's a tournament of no value that Brazilians don't even care about winning once they don't win the World Cup.
>>
>>66196665

>They're going to get crushed

So what? Iron sharpens iron. Beating the nobodies of CONCACAF will never yield results in the World Cup. The only way to get better is to consistently play against the best in the world. Sure, the US will lose it's fair share of matches, but in time they will improve from having faced real competition. Imagine having players who played against the best their whole careers vs. now where they see them once every four years.
>>
>>66196922
What about the other positions?
The US should have still won at fucking home
>>
>>66196991
>Beating the nobodies of CONCACAF will never yield results in the World Cup
But losing to the nobodies will?
Besides your logic of getting crushed is flawed
>>
>>66196943
dude what? They were professionals in a competitive match, not because they think it meant they will win in a year. That's asinine.
>>
>>66197022
Conceding to a long throw in is on the CBs for not closing it down senpai. Also Yedlin doesn't know how to play right back and you have a literally who as a left back.
>>
>>66197069
How many literal whos are on Jamaica?
Jamaica can be exposed; Why couldn't they?
Why didn't the US plan for pacebabbies?
Most can be pointed back to the coach
>>
>>66196132
North Korea tried to sneak in an extra striker in 2010. They gave up after FIFA told them he would only be able to play as a keeper.
>>
>>66197109
What US CB doesn't get BTFO by a pacebabby? And if he's in yurop, would his coach let him go for the tournament?
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.