[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonics circle jerk loop theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: PREVENT THIS.jpg (20 KB, 447x438) Image search: [Google]
PREVENT THIS.jpg
20 KB, 447x438
Seattle fans basically want another team to relocate to there city. after the team relocates the "Fans" of that team that relocated team will do the same thing as the Seattle fans. Constantly bitch about how much they miss the team and then cause another team to relocate to that city causing the same effect again. IT WILL NEVER END WE MUST PREVENT THE SONICS.
>>
>>66073490
Why do the Sacramento Kings exist?
>>
>>66073630
WE
>>
>>66073490
The only way that fans of the Seattle SuperSonics (i.e., Sonicsgate) will get over the loss of their team is if they get an expansion team, which is not happening because the NBA has no interest in adding any expansion teams for 2-3 more years. Logically, if the NBA were to hypothetically expand, the league would have to add 2 more teams (and go through team realignment) to get to 32 (16 in each conference). The only way that the history of the SuperSonics would return is through an expansion team. Any other NBA team that would hypothetically move to Seattle would just inherit the franchise history of the team from its previous city (for example, if the Sacramento Kings had moved to Seattle in 2013, then the Seattle team would've inherited the history of the Kings, and then the history of the SuperSonics would be exclusively part of the history of the Oklahoma City Thunder). What I'm saying is, Seattle Sonics fans need to get over it. It's been almost 8 years since your team moved to Oklahoma City.
>>
>>66073974
I ain't reading all that shit nigga
>>
>>66074029
Let me sum it up for you: Sonics fans need to get over losing their team. They aren't getting another team soon.
>>
>>66074146
vancouver should get new team
>>
>>66074260
It's not happening. The only way cities like Seattle and Vancouver are getting NBA teams is through expansion, and that won't happen for at least 2-3 years, if ever.
>>
We were robbed but I don't want anymore monkeydunk. I haven't watched that shit since like middle school. Give us a hockey team. I sort of want to see if I can get into that.
>>
>>66074386
Also not happening. The only 2 potential NHL expansion cities are Las Vegas and Quebec City (I'm not making that up). No guarantee that either Las Vegas, Quebec City (or both) will get an NHL expansion team soon anyway.
>>
File: 1450475514741.jpg (272 KB, 1000x1054) Image search: [Google]
1450475514741.jpg
272 KB, 1000x1054
>>66074500
>>
>>66074500
Quebec has already been eliminated by the NHL m8. Canada'so dollar is too weak.
>>
>>66073490

>ugly virgin canadian faggot detected
>>
File: wiiiiiiiinnn.png (932 KB, 843x473) Image search: [Google]
wiiiiiiiinnn.png
932 KB, 843x473
>>66076020
FFFFFFIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT
>>
Just move OKC BACK to Seattle. That shithole city doesn't deserve a professional franchise anyways. Once Durant leaves the attendance will drop to Miami Marlin levels.
>>
>>66077828
dont fuck with the marlins kiddo it will drop to chivas leval tb hh
>>
>>66077844
Lel
>>
>>66077774
AND WIN
>>
>>66077828
>>66077844
>implying the rednecks with paychecks in Oklahoma will ever get tired of paying 9 dollars a beer to sit and scream at their niggers
>>
>>66077828
Have you ever seen an Oklahoma City Thunder game on TV? Go re-watch games 1 and 2 of the 2012 NBA Finals and then tell me that Oklahoma City doesn't deserve an NBA franchise. I'm not an Oklahoma City Thunder fan, but damn, those fans are LOUD. The reason why is because the Thunder are the only major men's pro sports team based in Oklahoma.
>>
>>66078169

they were also handed a great team right off the bat.

wait till they have a few lean years. the owners were already cheaping out before that guy killed himself
>>
>>66078511
Yes, well that might be true, but a lot of the Thunder's success should be credited to Durant and Westbrook's play over the years. The owners (which included "that guy", who was Aubrey McClendon) may or may not be cheap, but that's due to the team being located in Oklahoma City, which is a small market, even by NBA standards.
>>
Seattle isn't even a sports city in the first place. It wasn't that long ago when Seahawks games were being blacked out.
>>
>>66077828

>attendance will drop to Mariners levels

FTFY
>>
>>66078511
Just because Seattle's attendance went to shit immediately after they became mediocre, doesn't mean OKC's will.
>>
File: TBK we out here.jpg (89 KB, 585x432) Image search: [Google]
TBK we out here.jpg
89 KB, 585x432
>>66079270
You already had your chance Seattle. Just face you, your entire city is full of hipster cucks that stopped attending games because the NBA was getting too mainstream for you.

You will never get another basketball team so might as well get used to watching the WNBA with your wife's kids.
>>
>>66078169
Yeah? And Nuggets games used to be loud as fuck when Melo was in Denver. The ONLY reason they've had any success is because they had Durant when they came to OKC. When he leaves this offseason getting big name free agents to sign there is going next to impossible, causing them to decline and causing the fan base to stop caring.
>>
File: seattle fans.jpg (259 KB, 960x686) Image search: [Google]
seattle fans.jpg
259 KB, 960x686
>still salty
o i am laffin

Keep making threads about this so I can laugh at Seattle bitch tears. Scummy """fans""" that never stop crying.
>>
>>66079366
Who says that Durant's leaving the Thunder in the offseason? He could still sign an extension and stay with OKC.
>>
>>66079512
You really think he's going to stay? Why? Because of all the rings he's won there? Because OKC is such a prestigious city? How often do superstars stay on small market teams who don't win? Never.
If they don't win this year, and they won't, he's gone. Realistically there is nothing to keep him there.
>>
>>66079580
OK, well you have a point. If the Thunder don't win the NBA championship this year (which they won't), then there's a realistic possibility that Durant leaves. My guess is he'd sign with the Wizards, because he's from the D.C. area. However, he could sign with the Warriors, which I hope does not happen.
>>
>>66074333
You realize that 2-3 years is barely any time at all, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped expansions on Seattle and Vancouver in a couple seasons
>>
>>66074500
wtf carolina has no fucking business having a franchise, the panthers, thrashers, coyotes, and predators should all be gone. Seattle, portland, hell, even hartford deserve another team
>>
>>66078169
That sounds so cheesy as fuck. Thats what I hate about their fans, you included, is that theyre just a bunch of cheerleaders.
>>
>>66079847
he wants a ring, but isnt desperate enough to join the warriors. He should go to an already stacked eastern team. better pick is the raptors.
>>
If they need two teams to balance it out which Eastern city gets one? Cincinnati? Louisville? St. Louis?

I personally think they should move Memphis to Eastern conference and then add a team to Seattle and St. Louis/Las Vegas/Vancouver
>>
>>66079910
Predators are well liked and supported in Nashville, and the league was impressed with the city and the market during all star weekend. It's about revenue, not which city some slob thinks deserves a team and which doesn't.
>>
>>66074146
How can they got over their team moving if they didn't bother to show up to support it when it was there?
>>
>>66079910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCU3qY35Tgk

fuck you carolina fans are great
>>
>>66078169
Oklahoma lost their WNBA team to Dallas.
>>
>>66079910
The Thrashers are gone (as of 2011). They became the new Winnipeg Jets.
>>
>>66079918
I never said I was an OKC Thunder fan (in fact, I'm not).
>>
>>66079954
I'll agree with you there. However, Las Vegas isn't getting an NBA team soon. Not because of the gambling thing, but because that city doesn't have an arena that's compatible with NBA standards. Vancouver and St. Louis already have NHL teams. That's why expansion isn't happening; the NBA won't compete with the NHL.
>>
Seattle did get screwed by Clay Bennett & Co. but I don't feel the least bit sorry for their "fans". All the warning signs were there, but they didn't give a fuck until it was clearly too late. I'd rather shoot myself in the face than see the 12s invade the NBA as "muh 6s".
>>
>>66079448
gets me errytime
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.