[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali. Who would win? 2 of the best boxers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: mike.jpg (192 KB, 1600x890) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
192 KB, 1600x890
Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali. Who would win?

2 of the best boxers or all time facing off. Obviously both in their primes.
>>
mike would eat his children
>>
>>56621745
we cremate Ali and have a respectful wake and funeral service, after which Mike snorts the ashes
>>
>>56621745
Seriously fuck off mate
>>
Ali would embarrass him.
>>
Tyson. But it would be a long fight. Ali's only option would be to tire Tyson out because no way in hell can he go head to head against him.
>>
Ali would be a bloody heap by the second round, if he lasts that long
>>
>>56621752
Why?
>>
>>56621745
Tyson and it's not even close
>>
File: Alexander_Karelin.jpg (58 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_Karelin.jpg
58 KB, 533x800
>>56621745

If you'd like to have a serious discussion about this Muhammad Ali would win, Mike Tyson's biggest problem was a dominant jab, it's why Buster Douglas beat him, and Ali had one of the best in history, doesn't really mean much though, average wrestler would murder both of them in a fight
>>
>>56621812
Well there you have it, the opposite of what this delusional tripfag says is pretty much undisputed fact.
>>
>>56621745
Prime Tyson had punching speed Ali never would have even dreamed of facing
>>
>>56621745

Prime Tyson, then again, Prime Tyson rarely showed up.
>>
Tyson in his prime was a more ferocious and aggressive Joe Frazier and Frazier rekt Ali
>>
Did prime Tyson beat anyone of note or was he just crushing cans?
>>
>>56621745
the interesting question is current ali vs current tyson
parkinson must have made ali even more unpredictable
>>
George Foreman hit harder than Tyson.
>>
>>56621812

Lol. I'd love to see an average college wrestler step into the ring with Tyson. You act as if Tyson didn't grow up street fighting. One left hook from Mike Tyson would absolutely devastate a wrestler who hasn't been conditioned to take punches.
>>
>>56621812
>wrestler
One punch and that รง-tier arena football castoff athlete would be done
>>
>>56621886

He beat whoever they put in the ring with him. Beat them pretty easily too.
>>
>>56621933
>disrespecting wrestlers
easy there buddy, Tyson would fuck up a wrestler but most other boxers would be torn to shreds by true wrestlers
>>
>>56621849

Frazier got destroyed by Ali every time they fought. In Fraziers "victory" he was laid up in a hospital for a month afterwards and Ali didn't spend a day there. Have you ever actually watched the fight? Ali dominated Frazier throughout, and the judges gave Frazier the fight despite this due to ONE knockdown.

As for the question it is, of course, impossible to say. Considering the kind of boxers Tyson struggled against I think it's ridiculous to state that Ali would have no chance as others in this thread have, though.
>>
Tyson, Ali was an overrated scrub that had to dance and shit talk to draw attention Because his sub par boxing didn't grab people's attention
>>
>>56621933
that's what Toney said before his fight against Couture
and I hate manhump
>>
>>56621902
Foreman didn't have the speed Tyson had. Ali's entire style revolved around dodging and striking fast after you missed. He never went up against anyone with comparable speed (and power with it) that Tyson had.
>>
>>56621745
>2012+3
>taking boxing seriously
>believing it's not rigged
a bit silly imo
>>
>>56621956
I respect wrestling. Real wrestling. Not mandrama.
Wrestlers are either manlets that are too small to play football or baseball players with nothing to do in the winter... At least at my school
>>
>>56621745
>any boxer standing a chance against prime Ali or prime Robinson
'no'
>>
>>56621980

i actually think you're being serious
>>
>>56621978
This always gets brought up.. Toney was always lazy and overrated.. and he was a washed up has-been then.
>>
Was Ali a tomato can?
If yes - Tyson
If no - Ali

*you can play this game yourself by replacing "Ali" with any other name.
>>
>>56621989

>2010+5
>caring what anyone from the setting of Far Cry thinks

A but silly imo
>>
>>56621980
>[email protected]
>>
>>56621990
>basing your opinion of an entire fighting art from the kids at your school
>>
>>56622026
pretty sad that people will do the same with Klitschko when the guy dodged nobody, "he has only beaten cans"
>>
File: drago.png (290 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
drago.png
290 KB, 630x420
>If he dies, he dies.
>>
>>56621769
Like this guy said i'm going with Mike Tyson.

The only way i'd see Ali winning is if he manages to tire Mike out before getting knocked out. Which he could do. He was a pretty good dodger.
>>
>>56622018
Couture is even older and was not in the form of his life too
>>
No way could Ali go toe to toe punch for punch with Tyson but if he danced around it would be a good fight.
>>
>>56621745
The fans
>>
>>56621812
>it's why Buster Douglas beat him

Didn't Tyson knock him down for 13 seconds but the ref did a shitty job of counting?

Tyson said he deserved to lose though because he wasn't training right anymore and became an arrogant asshole. I'm sure it would've been an easy win for Tyson had he been training properly, even if the ref fucked the count up in the actual fight.
>>
>>56621745

Tyson fought two elite boxers and lost to BOTH of them. Ali toys with that manlet. Only people that dont know shit about boxing disagree
>>
>>56621745
>2 of the best boxers or all time
>Tyson
>one of the best boxers of all time
lel

Tyson would knock out nobodies. When he fought people half decent like Holyfield or Lewis, he did nothing. The true mark of a boxing pleb is if they rank Tyson as some legendary boxer. He wasn't. At all.
>>
>>56622108
/thread
>>
>>56622106

>yeah i totally would have beaten him had i tried
>>
>>56622108
>>56622116
I agree with both of these statements
>>
>>56621989
Maybe now it is but back then it wasn't.
>>
ITT:
>no one that has ever caught a punch from a boxer
>people that seriously believe mike tyson could fight any dominant boxer

Look at the guys Ali went the distance with. Foreman, Cooper, Frazier. Hell, look at Sonny Liston. They were all world class boxers who went the full length. Tyson, whenever he fought an equivalent, got rekt.
>>
>>56622092
Well obviously he couldn't go punch for punch with Tyson. That wasn't his style. His style was dancing around and dodging.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.