[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to AC Milan? We're talking about arguably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 16
File: AC.jpg (45 KB, 479x285) Image search: [Google]
AC.jpg
45 KB, 479x285
What happened to AC Milan?

We're talking about arguably the 3rd biggest club in the world behind Man United and Madrid, but these days nobody is even surprised that they aren't in the Champions League. There's no shock or FULL TIME PLUMBER threads about them every week. No greentext after they lose.

Nobody seems to care.

What the fuck happened? They can't be that poor, surely. They have a massive stadium and fanbase.

What happened to the club that paid over £30 million for Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Nesta etc last decade?

Why are they struggling to afford Balotelli on loan now? What the fuck is going on? They were absolutely dominant during the 2003-2008 period.
>>
Serie A is probably just as poor as EPL thus nobody gives a fuck about slippy giants.

Berlusconi took them to shit as a club, Inter has fallen into abyss as well so the whole Milan brand simply died. It's all about Juve nowadays and even Napoli are nowhere close.
>>
> AC Milan
> 3rd biggest club in world Football

More like 3rd biggest club in Italian Football.
>>
AC Milan were the most decorated team in the world in the mid 2000s. After wining CL 2007 and club world cup they became the most decorated team in the world. They have the most trophies.

I think after Berlscunoi got in trouble for his corruption he stopped investing money for the club. After he sold the big names like Ibrahimovich and Silva to PSG, Cassano to Inter for money, the club just went down hill since.

I'm a big Rossoneri fan and Maldini is my idol and will always be. Growing up he was always my hero and I always played defense just cause of him. Great memories and great times.

Oh well, every club goes through cycles, hopefully Milan will be back on top again. I still follow em and follow seriea A. I think they doing much better than last season, and hopefully they can get europa league or CL this year.
>>
Everyone on this board are the biggest drama queens about.

Football is about eras of dominance. The English teams had the 70-80's and late noughties. Italy had the 90's to mid noughties. Spanish teams have been pretty consistent thoughout history desu.

If you look throughout footballing history there have been eras where big clubs and even big leagues can't compete with the rest of them.

We just literally witnessed the era of the English clubs pass. Now we aren't surprised when they don't make it to the semi's when earlier most people would be expecting an English team in the finals at least. Now we are witnessing the Spanish team era. Where it's basically a dead cert that Real and Barca are in the Semi's every year and are favourites to win. I predict this current era to die slow down once Messi and Ronaldo leave.

And who knows maybe the Italians shall rise again or maybe an era of German dominance that isn't just Bayern?

Although I do think it will become increasingly hard to comeback nowadays. Much tougher than it was back then as Asian fans are a big thing now, but one big takeover can change things astronomically (eg. Man City). The Italian league could again become highly marketable, but to be popular where the paki and chink bandwagoners live they'd have to lose the reputation that it is a very defensive league. (Which I know isn't true. It's a very entertaining league quality wise even if it is Juvewinslol in recent years)
>>
>>65703389
Fuck off m8.

AC are by far the biggest club in Italy, absolutely miles ahead of Juve or Inter.
>>
>>65703312
>They have a massive stadium

I don't think they own San Siro.
>>
>>65703542
yeah but m8

that doesn't explain why AC have a squad weaker than Stoke's

they should at least have players of the pedro, dzeko, ramires, sneijder, van persie, nani, gundogan, pepe, terry sort of level

i looked at their squad and i recognized 5 names out of about 35, their star players were trollotelli (who they don't even own, they had to beg Liverpool to borrow him) and some japanese meme that looked like he had potential about 8 years ago

i mean, sure they used to suck 5 years ago when they had ronaldinho, pato, zlatan, beckham, robinho, gatusso etc. but at least they attracted some of the best players in the world (regardless of age). on their day they could still give arsenal/barca/madrid/united/bayern a game...

now they're literal nobodies, i can't believe it
>>
>>65704354
Also, look at their attendances

05/06: 59,499(1st)
06/07 52,292(2nd)
07/08: 62,906(1st)
08/09: 63,731(1st)
09/10: 45,951(3rd)
10/11: 56,916(2nd)
11/12: 49,359(1st)
12/13: 43,651(2nd)
13/14: 40,061(4th)
14/15: 37,237(3rd)

They've gone to complete shit.
>>
p$g happened
>>
>>65704242
So big you think calling them "AC" isn't completely retarded.
>>
>>65704468
Literally what else would you call them? Milan? There are two massive clubs called Milan. AC and Inter.

Do you call United or City "Manchester"?

You're the retard.
>>
>>65704560
>Literally what else would you call them? Milan?

Yes, because that's what they're called.

Calling them AC is akin to calling FC Barcelona "FC"

Glad I could educate you.
>>
>>65704414
Yea, go to Italy and refer to inter as Milan. Good one.
>>
>>65704560

m8, are you seriously an AC Milan fan? Do you even watch Italian football? Because after that comment, I swear you're trolling.

Inter Milan is always, always, always, always, ALWAYS called "Inter". AC Milan is always, always, always, always, ALWAYS called "Milan. Even Inter fans don't contest this and refer to AC MIlan as "Milan". I have never in my entire life heard anything different, ever.
>>
>>65704560
>you

woah m8
>>
>>65704631
Nope. The club is called AC Milano (Associazione Calcio Milano) and they are based in Milan. There is another club F.C. Internazionale Milano (commonly known as Inter).

It would be like Barcelona having two teams, one FC Barcelona and another Sporting Club (SC) Barcelona.

Then you would absolutely call them FC, because it would distinguish them from the other club which would be known as SC.

Hope this helps.

It's AC and Inter.
>>
>>65704705
I've literally never heard anyone call them anything other than AC.

Got a cousin who lives in Milan and has had a season ticket for 25 years, he always calls them AC.
>>
>>65704560
Damn nigga u srs

Literally no one in fucking Italy calls them 'AC'. This is the first time in my life I've ever seen or heard anyone call them 'AC'.
>>
>>65704634
Why would I do that? That's equally dumb.

There are two Milans. I'd call Inter Inter and AC AC obviously.. It'd be utterly retarded to do anything else.

It'd be like calling United "Manchester" how do you think City fans would feel about that?
>>
>>65704766
>>65704790

>le taking the trolling to a higher level so people know i was trolling all along
>>
>>65704801
Okay, now I know this is some epic ruse so I'm out. Night guys, have fun.

>Associazione Calcio Milan, commonly referred to as A.C or simply Milan, is a professional Italian football club based in Milan
>commonly referred to as A.C
>A.C

g'night
>>
>>65704766
>Then you would absolutely call them FC

No they wouldn't because that's not a fucking name

Do you realize what you're doing is calling a team 'football club'?
>>
>>65704766
You were already wrong in your first 6 words. They retained the English word for the city because of their English founders.

The rest of your post is wrong and you would get laughed at if you ever called them that in Italy.
>>
>>65704848
>Associazione Calcio Milan (Italian pronunciation: [assotʃatˈtsjoːne ˈkaltʃo ˈmiːlan] ( listen)), commonly referred to as A.C. Milan or simply Milan, is a professional Italian football club based in Milan, Lombardy, that plays in Serie A.

Suck a dick you shit troll
>>
>>65704828

How often do you hear Inter even referred to as "Inter Milan" though? If it's anything other than "Inter", it's almost always "Internazionale", never fucking "Inter Milan".

The reason people refer to the Manchester teams as "United" or "City" is because both of them have "Manchester" in its name. Inter rarely ever has "Milan" in its name except for the 1 in a million time someone actually calls them "Inter Milan".
>>
>>65704841

This.

>Ha ha, now I'm being really, REALLY silly and obviously trolling. You see, guys? I was trolling all along.
>>
>>65704560
You are literally retarded, my ugly, bucktooth friend.

Milan is the English spelling of the city, so in Italy if you talk about Milan people know you're talking about AC Milan.
>>
>>65704841
>>65704858
no you fucking thick headed imbeciles, the reason they refer to them AC, is becuase unlike FC, AC Milan is the only big club that uses "AC" in their name, while "FC" is used world wide , hell even Inter Milan use "FC".

I know blah blah AC means football club, i know. But reason people use "AC" its because AC Milan the only team that has AC in em.

You guys are so fucking dumb, def a software developer (A+ student) like me shouldnt be on a board with dumb kunts (yes with a K) like you idiots.

Ciao
>>
if I refer to a team "FC", people be like "Huh? who ? which FC you talking about"

but if I talk about "AC", people will automatically know who I'm talking about you fucking done goofed idiots.
>>
>>65704898
>Inter rarely ever has "Milan" in its name
Ladies and gentlemen, American logic.

It either has it or it doesn't have it in its name. It doesn't change day to day.

It's
1. Inter
2. Inter Milan

and it's

1. AC
2. AC Milan

Literally nobody ever says Milan for either of them since literally everyone KNOWS they're from Milan.

Dumbfucks.
>>
>>65704942
>>65704980
This.

>>65704766
And this.

The clue is in the name fuckheads. AC milan INTER milan.

It's AC and INTER.

Nobody has ever said anything else, just watch Sky Sports and they'll call them AC. Simple.

Fucking mouth breathing spastics.
>>
>>65704980

>Preston North End is one of the few football teams there that has "end" in its name
>So, if I just say "end" everyone will not what I'm talking about
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
Plenty of same fagging in this faggot thread
>>
Oops, sorry, didn't realise this was a fun-posting thread ;-)
>>
>>65705032
That might work if Preston North End were a world famous club. But I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use the first part of the name "Preston" like you do with "AC" in AC Milan or "Inter" in Inter Milan.

The first part usually comes first so why not just stick with that?

Your logic is really bizarre.
>>
>>65704766
It's actually called Milan, not Milano, as it was founded by english expats (original name was Milan Cricket and Football)
>>
>>65705032
no one gives a shit about your highschool team
>>
>>65705032
That would only make sense if there were another club in Preston called Preston North Side.

Then it would be entirely acceptable to say "End" because you would differentiate it from "Side"

"Hey did you watch Preston last night?"
"What? Which one?"
>"End"
>"Oh yeah man it was a great game"
>"Yeah, I'm a side fan myself though"
etc.
>>
>>65705011
The "I made a retard of myself better pretend I meant it all along" shtick is tiresome.

Just be a man for once in your life. You're anonymous anyway so your stupidity can't be called out once this thread's over.

Do you have the balls?
>>
>>65705087
Milano is the Italian way of saying Milan, therefore Italians would call the club AC Milano. Hope this helps.

t. I am well-traveled and highly cultured. I also speak a little bit of Italian
>>
It's more accurate to refer to them as Milan and Inter respectively but plenty of people I know (and I myself) just call them AC.
>>
>>65705119

Appropriate name, because you're making my SIDES explode right now
>>
>>65705125
>Lose the argument
>"h-h-hehe nice t-trolling man"

Pathetic. I hope your face is red right now because it should be.
>>
>>65704270
Which is one reason for their decline.

>>65704983
Fuck off, England, even the Italians call them Milan and Inter.
>>
>>65704983

Except people use Milan on its own to refer to AC Milan all the fucking time.
>>
>>65705125

Seriously. No troll is that witty and talented to make a thread so innocuous and on-topic as this one and then spark a debate over something that most people probably wouldn't have noticed.

We all know you fucked up from the beginning. Pretending to be a troll all along is futile.
>>
>>65705161
This.
I've heard both but I call them AC and Inter.
>>
I call them Milan and AC.

Although sometimes people say "Which Milan?" and I say "Inter" to confirm what I mean. No big deal really.

But AC is definitely commonly used.
>>
>>65705186
Italians would say Milano. AC Milano FC and International Milano FC.
>>
>>65704560

(you) are one thick cunt m80
>>
>>65705232

>referring to Inter as Milan on its own

People like you don't deserve to live.
>>
>>65703542
>Spanish teams have been pretty consistent throughout history desu.
Not really, after Real Madrid's last CL win in 59-60 the next time a Spanish club won it was Barca in 1991-92. That's about 31-32 years.
Spain has only recently become a footballing giant. Of course before Real were always a big club and in the 80s/90s Barca became one with the Dream Team but other than that they had no larger presence, but now with Barca's and Real Madrid's domination of Europe and Spain winning a WC and two ECs they are now big dogs
>>
>>65705201
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>65703446
>cycles

This isn't a cycle, it's a free fall.
>>
>>65705290
But some people refer to AC as Milan on its own

Exact same thing. No big deal.

It's just easier for everyone to say Inter and AC.
>>
File: stupudding.png (298 KB, 482x347) Image search: [Google]
stupudding.png
298 KB, 482x347
>>65703312
What happened was Berlusconi stopped investing money, simple as that. There's no fucking mystery. He tried getting more capital by selling shares to a Thai businessman (the infamous Mr. Bee) but the deal never happened
>>
>>65705302
Eh not really, I could understand why Milan fans would be annoyed at foreigners not saying their team's name correctly but the entire reason a lot of people call them AC is because we were very young when Football Italia came on. We didn't know of the roots of Inter, that they were a foreigner's club essentially, and so if the Inter Milan team was only addressed by its title then the same should be done for the AC Milan team.
>>
Honestly, I think AC could be back in a couple years time.

They've shown a lot of improvement this year. AC has made it relatively far in the cup and they thrashed Milan (Inter Milan, not AC).

Have some faith, fellow AC fans. AC will be back in the Champions League in about 2-3 years, I would imagine.
>>
>>65705345
Too much corruption so its not worth investing in something that's hard to sell. CBF and Italian Federation are heading in the same direction. There's gonna be a time when both Italy and Brazil aren't gonna be in a World Cup/
>>
>>65705415
I agree with you. AC have potential to be big again. I like AC's stadium, AC's traditions and AC's history of course.

I didn't realise that AC beat Milan this season, what was the score?
>>
>>65703312

The exact same thing that happened to Liverpool: horrible owners, more competition and a lack of spending.
>>
File: 1.jpg (335 KB, 1552x1018) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
335 KB, 1552x1018
>>65705392
So check the URL's on these screencaps taken from the website of Gazzetta dello Sport

I know I'm swallowing the bait right now, doesn't change the fact that this thread started out with you being a retard and continued with you trying to save it with shitposting

Kill yourself
>>
Personally think this has scope for a meme.

Calling teams like Villa 'Aston' or Dortmund 'Borussia'
>>
>>65705011

I've always heard and read people refer AC Milan as "Milan" and Inter Milan as "Inter". It's kind of like how some people say "Madrid" to refer to Real Madrid and "Atletico" to refer to Atletico Madrid.
>>
File: 2.jpg (328 KB, 1766x1014) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
328 KB, 1766x1014
>>65705495
>>
>>65705503
*refer to
>>
>>65705495
>>65705515
What on Earth are you talking about?
Can you even read?
>>
>>65705515
>>65705495

What the fuck are we supposed to be looking at here?
>>
>>65705476
>Liverpool
>lack of spending
Nice one.

>>65705497
Dortmund are called Borussia from time to time. It's closer to calling Manure United.
>>
>>65703312
>Berlusconi stopped investing money,
>Galliani being an idiot,
>no regeneration after 2007
>etc

But it seems He starts to care about the team again this year. Let's hope He or Galliani won't sell Bacca, Bonaventura, Romagnoli or Donnarumma.
>>
>>65704560
I thought this guy was American.
>>
>>65705666
>>Liverpool
>>lack of spending
>Nice one.

I know it's funny now, because of their spending over the last 3 years or so, but Liverpool's spending basically dried up at the end of the Hicks & Gillette era, when the club itself nearly went bankrupt. This happen at almost the exact same time that Manchester City showed up and Tottenham became decent, knocking Liverpool out of the top 4 for years. The new owners were (and still are) loaded, but they spent most of their money clearing the club's debt. By the time they started spending at a high level again (around 2013), the top 4 had left them in the dust and their prestige had declined to the point that players were choosing Tottenham over Liverpool.
>>
>>65705495
>>65705515
What are we looking at here?

Retard.
>>
>>65705854

>What are we looking at here?

Someone desperately trying to troll and defend their position, that's what.

These "Milan" people have clearly lost it.
>>
>>65705790
A fate that might happen to United in the next years tbqh.
>>
>this fucking thread
Holy shit you are all a bunch of barbarians
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 492x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 492x286
HK Milan
>>
AC Milan fans called themselves as Rossoneri
Inter Milan fans called AC Milan as Demon, due to their red color.
Today, they are referred as 'Irrelevant"
>>
Better they don't make the CL with that mediocre squad, only worthwhile Italian team that can do well in Europe is Juventus
>>
>>65703312
>the 3rd biggest club in the world behind Man United and Madrid
They're bigger than Madrid and United you dumb retard

They held the most titled club in the world for a long time till Madrid equalized them
>>
>>65703389
More like the biggest club in world football
"Il piu titolato club al mondo" bitch
>>
>>65704766
No you retard
Associazione Calcio means "Football Association"
"AC" is a common title in Italy like "Real" is in Spain

It's Milan and Inter
The club was founded by an englishman as "Milan Cricket and Foot-Ball Club"

Inter was founded when some foreigners grew tired of the Club's xenophobia/nationalism and that's why they're called "Internazionale"
>>
ITT: I dont know that football is about cycles.
>>
>>65705011
>Sky Sports
Because British commentators are awful and ignorant

Nobody in Italy or anywhere else calls them "AC" and "Inter"
It's "Milan" and "Inter" always
>>
>>65708959
More like
>ITT: Autists getting buttblasted over the correct name to call a club
>>
>>65705232
>>65705334
If anyone ever called Inter "Milan" I would punch them in the dick
[spoiler]not really...but holy shit you're asking for it[/spoiler]

>>65705148
No you goddamn troll
Milano is the name of the city

Milan is the name of the Club
That's why the fans shout and cheer "Forza Milan" not "Forza Milano"
You will never hear an Italian refer to AC Milan as "AC Milano"...never in their whole life
>>
since we're talking about it anyway: it always annoys me when german media refers to arsenal or chelsea as "arsenal london"/"chelsea london". also people calling hertha "hertha berlin"

>>65709003
milan is also the english (and lombard) name for the city
>>
>>65708993
The correct name is whatever the Italians calls them
Which is "Milan" and "Inter" respectively
This is not a discussion this is a pure unadulterated fact
>>
>>65709017
Yes obv. because an englishman founded the club

There was a time hundreds of years ago where they were forced to bear the name "AC Milano" under fascist regime but after it they changed it back to "Milan" and kept the "AC"
>>
>>65709026
>I didn't read the thread
>>
>>65709017
What's wrong with "Hertha Berlin"? Isn't that just a rough translation of "Hertha Berliner", part of the actual club's name? Similar to how "Internazionale Milano" is just called "Inter Milan" in English.
>>
>>65709043
>"Inter Milan"
That's what the Italians do too...I mean they obviously use the full name but often they shorten it too
>>
>>65709043
"berliner" is an adjective not a noun in this case
>>
>>65709026
No one's disputing that, it's just a paki london shitter doing the "hurr I was only pretending to be retarded" thing so hard I thought he's and american flag
>>
>>65709053
hey mr.albania
can you please stop sending gypsies to london and stop the stealing and smuggling of cars from italy to albania.

buy your own shit

kind regards

poo pee land
>>
>>65709107
y'know I was in Tiranë last year and literally everyone had a Mercedes. And I'm not talking about vintage rides they were all max. 10 years old.
Really nice country for tourists nonetheless.
>>
>>65709132
ya i heard, isn't most of those mercedes stolen cars from italy and germany?

but ya i agree it is a nice country with nice people, just messin with my albanian home boy.

Always been a big Milan fan, and I know lots of Albanians who support Milan too. Bro tier
>>
>>65703312
>sounds mad
>>
>>65704354
>that list

lmao
>>
It's "Milan" for AC Milan
It's "Inter" for Internazionale FC
Period.
t. Italian
>>
>>65703312
>behind Man United
Top meme
Milan is bigger than MU and so is Barcelona and Bayern. That makes MU fifth biggest club in the world at best behind those three and Real. Fucking sick of this delusion

>m-muh indian bandwagoners
>m-muh money
>>
i want all americans to leave.
>>
>open catalogue
>oh look a thread about italian football with more than 100 replies
>open it
>hurr durr AC

never again
i'll clear this up, calling Milan "AC" to tell them apart from "Inter Milan" is like calling Liverpool "FC" to tell them apart from "Everton Liverpool"
>>
Amerifats and inBrits should be banned from this board
>>
>this is what yuro /sp/ is like
Fucking shit m8s. Kill yourselves
>>
>>65709470
calling inter "inter milan" in english is actually more like calling bayern münchen "bayern monaco" in italian
>>
>>65705777
>>65704560
>>65704242
No he is definitely chinese because only in china people call it AC as a short phrase.
t. chink myself
>>
>arguably the 3rd biggest club in the world
kek
>>
>>65709584
You are not Chinese.
>>
>>65709547
Well who is gonna argue about handegg sport?
>>
File: 1309285444948.jpg (18 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1309285444948.jpg
18 KB, 210x251
>>65703312
>arguably the 3rd biggest club in the world
>>
>>65709547
>all Anglos should be banned from this board
FTFY
>>
>>65709547
>inBrits
kek desu senpai
>>
>>65704560
Actually I call Manchester United "Manchester" most of the time and Manchester City just "City". Does it upset you, autist?
>>
>>65705777
Fucking kek
>>
>>65709572
yeah but i wouldn't try to convince you calling them Monaco is the correct way
>>
>>65709470
No Mario it's not the same.
There are a gizzilion clubs that use the "FC" in their name.
So, if you talking to a friend and refer to a club "FC" your friend will reply "which FC you talkin about m8?"

But there is one (1) FAMOUS BIG club that uses "AC", and that is AC Milan.
So, if you talking to a friend and refer to a club "AC" your friend will reply, "ohhh AC Milan, what about em m8?"

I know, you and everyone else are TECHNICALLY CORRECT. But life is not always 100% technical, there are so many people out there on this planet that uses "AC" to refer to AC Milan.

People in general create lots of different slangs and shortcuts when communicating with one another, different cultures and different socities will be a lil bit different. Which is completely fine.
>>
>"""""AC""""" Milan being the biggest in the world
>it's probably the third biggest in Italy
>>
>>65709852

This.

It's been said over and over again. Show me ONE club that has "AC" as part of its name and this conversation is over. Not one person has done it so far.
>>
>>65709332
Bayern are small time.
>>
>>65709866
>Show me ONE club that has "AC" as part of its name and this conversation is over. Not one person has done it so far.
AC Chievo Verona

now fuck off with your autism, the names are AC Milan, commonly referred to as Milan and FC Internazionale Milano, commonly referred to as Inter
>>
>>65709885

How many fucking times have you ever even heard that name, Chievo Verona?

M8, regardless of how far they may have fallen, AC is still a world-recognized club and will forever be known by the acronym "AC". It's not like Manchester City can just go by "City", because then they would be confused with "Leicester City". But body is going to think "AC Chievo Verona" when they hear "AC". AC Milan owns that acronym.
>>
>>65704354
>they should at least have players of the pedro, dzeko, ramires, sneijder, van persie, nani, gundogan, pepe, terry sort of level
All these players have different levels though.
Terry, Dzeko and Ramires are decent. Pedro and Nani are a Level higher, while Gündogan, Snejder and Van persie are or were world class.
>>
>>65709900
>gündogan
>worldclass
good one
>>
>>65709852
>>65709866
just because you are completely clueless about Italian football it doesn't make it any more correct
anyway
>AC Fiorentina (added an f after bankruptcy)
>AC Chievo Verona
>AC Como (before bankruptcy)
>AC Cesena

this is just off the top of my head
>>
>>65709893
>will forever be known by the acronym "AC"
they won't, they will be forever known by their name Milan, or AC Milan. No one outside of this thread calls them AC.
>>
>>65709911

Just because you're Italian, doesn't mean you know shit.

I have a friend in Italy who literally KNOWS AC Milan. He always calls it AC and said everyone else there calls it that too. You've probably never even set foot in Milan, let alone know the club.
>>
>>65709921
Then your friend is a retard.

No wonder you're friends.
>>
File: 1455695984016.png (148 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
1455695984016.png
148 KB, 500x656
dida
cafu nesta kaladze maldini
gattuso pirlo ambrosini
kaka seedorf
inzaghi
>mfw
>>
>>65709885
>AC Chievo Verona
Who the fuck is that???????

I swear I remember team but it was Cheivo Verona.

Here is a pic I took of the Seriea A table:
You notice how its called "Cheivo Verona" and Milan is called "AC Milan"

Every one refers to them "Cheivo Verona"
And every one refers to Milan "AC Milan"

so in general, practically speaking, when you say "AC" people will know who you talking about.

I said I know you guys are right TECHNICALLY, but life is not so technical you thick headed imbecile.
>>
>>65709893
Are you baiting? Nobody is going to think of Leicester when you say City, retard.
>>
File: proof.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
>>65709911
>>65709885
STOP LYING

this picture is a proof, all those clubs are referd by their names, only MILAN has AC MILAN.

STOP FUCKING LYING YOU PIECES OF SHITS
>>
>>65709921
>who literally KNOWS AC Milan
what

>>65709932
how the fuck did you manage to misspell chievo when it's written correctly in the post you'r replying to?
>>
>>65709941

Leicester....53 points
Manchester...47 points

Huh, that's weird. I never knew Europoors recognize the name of failure more than the name of success.
>>
>>65709945
proof of what? Show me someone who actually matters referring to AC Milan simply as AC.

The club is known by either AC Milan or simply Milan, not by AC
>>
>>65709945
Do you also refer to Napoli as SSC?
>>
>>65709946
reply to my post with the picture
>>
funny how Allegri got a lot of hate but looking back he actually did a phenomenal job with the players he had. Almost knocked out Barca too.
>>
It's Inter and Milan.
>>
>>65709956
Kill yourself you stupid fuck.
>>
>>65709963

Not occasionally, but when I don't feel like typing the full name out, I do. The thing with AC is that it's only two characters so it's really easy.
>>
>>65709921
b-but anon i live there...
>>
>>65709962
its proof that the only club uses "AC" infront of their name.

Other clubs dont fucking use "AC" in their name

therefore when you say "AC" EVERYONE EVEN A DONKEY will know which team you talking about.

BECAUSE NO ONE SAYS AC JUVVENTUS AC ROMA AC YOUR MOM

fucking thick headed bastards just dont fuckin get it

I KNOW YOU ARE TECHNICALLY CORRECT, but because of how the "AC" was used only for Milan, when you say "AC" people will automatically think of AC MILAN.
>>
>proof
>screenshot from some shitty website
>>
>>65709963
NO
why?
because there is ONE NAPOLI

but there is TWO MILAN

so if i say "AC" means "AC MILAN"

if i say "INTER" means "INTER MILAN"
wait wait, are you guys trolling or you really this fucking stupid?

maybe im too fukn smart for this board, A+ student here (software developer).
>>
>>65704560
I agree, this is why I always call AS Roma "AS" and facepalm when I see people call them Roma.
>>
>>65710005

>complaining about screenshots from shitty websites while on a shitty website

Sure is desperate in here...
>>
>>65709991
>when you say "AC" people will automatically think of AC MILAN.
No they don't. If you say something like "Oh, we're playing against AC next week, should be a good game" people will look at you like a retard for 5 seconds before realising you're talking about Milan
>>
>someone starts a thread with a question that could potentially start a decent discussion
>nerds sperging out over whether a team is called "AC" or "Milan"
a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet lads.............................................................................................................................................................................................. its a useless debate........... really....
>>
>>65710012
It's like 'City' being obvious one team despite there being hundreds of cities in the UK.
>>
>>65710017

This too, because there are TWO teams in Rome! It's also normal to refer to the other team as SS as well. (SS Lazio) Got that? TWO TEAMS, ONE CITY! YOU CAN'T JUST SAY "ROME" BECAUSE PEOPLE WON'T KNOW WHICH ROMAN TEAM YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! THAT'S WHY THE LETTERS COUNT!

So the Rome derby is AS vs SS. What is so confusing about this?
>>
>>65710012
>A+ student here
killed me, here's a well deserved (You)
>>
File: proof2.jpg (383 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
proof2.jpg
383 KB, 1920x1080
>>65710005
do you want me to embarrass you and humiliate you even more?

this is from espn
>>
>>65705497
Or calling PSG just Paris. Only Paris.

Ajax becomes Amsterdam, PSV becomes Eindhoven.
>>
>>65710047
fucking OWNED

/thread
>>
>>65710047

"Milan"istas literally blown the fuck out.

Would ESPN be fucking wrong? Say what you want about their journalism, but they wouldn't get something like a fucking team name wrong.
>>
>>65710047
you still haven't posted 1 instance of a relevant person referring to AC Milan as AC. We all know their name is AC Milan, no one is disputing that.

What we're disputing is your claim that people know them and refer to them by the acronym AC, which they never do.

It's either AC Milan or Milan. Never AC
>>
They're known as AC, deal with it, autists.
>>
>>65710025
Nah. OP started this thread to sublty imply Manchester is one of the two biggest clubs in the world, while they don't even make top 4.

It was never going to start a decent discussion. This thread needs to be deleted.
>>
>>65710034
WHICH CITY ???

STOKE CITY?
Norwich CITY?
Swansea CITY?
Manchester CITY?
Liverpool CITY?
Leicester City?
Birmingham City?
Bristol City?
Cardiff City?
Bradford City?
Coventry City?
Exeter City?
York City?

ALL THESE TEAMS USE CITY IN THEIR NAME.

When you see them written on the league table, on article, or on wiki , or news page, they always have "CITY" in their name.
>>
Would call Genoa just CFC too if Sampdoria had Genoa in its name.
>>
>>65709906
1/10
>>
>>65710072

Okay, let me ask you this?

"AC" is roughly the equivalent of calling a team "FC".

BUT

How many times have you seen "LFC" for Liverpool? Or "CFC" for Chelsea? The only reason the L and C are added is because every other football team in England uses "FC" in their name. BUT, suppose they didn't, and Liverpool was the only team that used the "FC". Then the L in "LFC"" wouldn't be necessary, and they would simply be called "FC".

SAME EXACT THING WITH AC MILAN!

No other (relevant, well known) team in the country uses the AC! That's why Milan can get away with it while teams with "FC" can't!
>>
>>65710072
I didn't say someone pro said the name "AC"

Ahmed, maybe when UK will allow you to leave country and travel you will see there is so much more out side New Kabul, Britainistan.

I been to places around the world, and I'm telling you I heard lots of people refer to AC Milan by just simply "AC".

So chill, be open minded Ahmed, don't go blow your self up habibi, its haram.
>>
File: 1439642736482.jpg (24 KB, 430x352) Image search: [Google]
1439642736482.jpg
24 KB, 430x352
>>65710012
>>65710084
>poo peelanders
>>
>>65710084
city is pronounced "Citeh"

if you walk through town and say "C'mon Citeh!" people will know exactly what you're talking about. a bit like saying "Aupa AC!" or "Hup AS!"
>>
>>65710119
>That's why Milan can get away with it while teams with "FC" can't!
Then show me one relevant player, team official, coach calling their team AC.

It's always AC Milan or Milan
>>
>>65710133

>Then show me one relevant player, team official, coach calling their team AC.

They would be speaking Italian, most likely, and you wouldn't be able to understand anyway, dumbass.

>Britstupids are literally this bad at geography
>>
>>65710123
believe it or not, New Zealand is a paradise compared to the shithole you call Serbia.

Remember 20 years ago when nato bombed the shit of you monkeys for killing millions of innocents people?
They treated you the animals you guys are. Also this country is infested with immigrants from east europe, they all ran away from their shithole of a country and communism.

Enjoy the sun for 2 hrs a day, while you have nothing to eat and only vodka to drink.
>>
>>65710144

Lel, maybe that's why he can't comprehend why they're called AC? Because everyone in his country is poor and illiterate?
>>
>>65710141
I speak basic Italian. Now go ahead, one example and I'm shutting up and accepting AC as a good way to call AC Milan
>>
>>65704942

AC ChievoVerona

Chekm8 atheists
>>
just got back from watching FC lads
>>
>>65710133

Not once in my life have I heard a Man United player or official refer to themselves as "Man U", but everyone knows what that title refers to.

Having a coach or player say it doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: proof1.jpg (676 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
proof1.jpg
676 KB, 1920x1080
Google AC and you will get this
>>
File: proof2.jpg (708 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
proof2.jpg
708 KB, 1920x1080
Here if you google FC, this is what you get

Can you connect the puzzle you thick headed bastards?
>>
File: angry homosexual.webm (594 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
angry homosexual.webm
594 KB, 500x318
>this thread

Bait everywhere
>>
>>65710175
>tottenham
>weston college Academy of Football
>some random youth teams
>some handegg teams
>proof
>>
>>65710171
>Not once in my life have I heard a Man United player or official refer to themselves as "Man U"
because you're retarded. The company's trading name on the stock market is MANU. So yes, they did call themselves that
>>
>>65710185
>a WAFL club in the second row

What the fuck.
>>
>>65710154
I know lol, too poor to buy a pencil and a book. His dad spent all the money on vodka.

And I bet he is most likely is squatting and surfing the net right now. It's like they don't know how to use chairs in that part of the world.
>>
>>65710189

That picture of Tottenham was clearly from when they played AC a few years ago.
>>
>>65710144
>New Zealand is a paradise
Right. What are you so frustrated about then? Surely it has something to do with living in irrelavant shithole. Say what you want about Serbia, at least you heard something about us on television or other media, be it good or bad. You never hear anything about Poo Peeland, is that why you are so mad, you kiwi shit?
>>
File: proof3.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
proof3.jpg
468 KB, 1920x1080
>>65710189
the reason why tottenham appeared is because they were playing AC MILAN

>pic related

Also no one cares about youth, and college american football or other unknowns
>>
>>65710119

And also, Sunderland's initials are actually "AFC" (Association Football Club), which is why they get called AFC all the fucking time. Because no other club is known as AFC!!
>>
>>65710232
>>
>>65710206
We are world champions, at rugby, league, and won multiple of gold medals at olympics, and not to mention all the hunderd of things NZ invented and built, we are voted best country by tourists every single year. The reason why you didn't hear shit is because you don't have tv and your media is controled by your government.

What does shitty serbia have? Only reason Yoguslavia used to be good is because of the Muslims and the Croatians made that country great. Look at shithole serbia is NOTHING now, never win any thing at sports or at life, cant invent shit.

Yea we heard about you animals 20 years ago, when you were getting bombed and killed by the master race Nato. We all were laughing at you monkeys (with all respect to the monkeys). Then you all came to NZ to beg for money and we let you filthy ratshits in.

Serbia is a shithole and you know it. You wish you could leave that country if your communist leader lets you. Keep yo mouth shut now or Putin will take you and throw you in the middle of the snow and let yo azz freeze to death.
>>
>>65710238
>Because no other club is known as AFC!!
Except for Wimbledon, Bournemouth and Ajax. Also the Asian Football Confederation

retard
>>
>>65710254

>Asian Football Confederation

m8, you know you've already lost the argument when you have to start comparing football CONFEDERATIONS to teams. In no instance would the Asian Football Federation be used in a context that would get itself confused with fucking Sunderland.
>>
>>65710266
I also used 3 football clubs that you ignored. One currently in the Premier League and one a 4 time European Champion and one of the biggest brands in football
>>
>>65710254

All those teams are irrelevant though, unlike AFC
>>
>>65710282

Same thing with Chievo Verona or whatever the fuck they're called. They may use AC, but nobody associates AC with any other club but AC Milan.
>>
>>65710292

Yeah I see your point now anon. But ChievoVerona is in the Serie A too, so what happens when they play each other?

>Todays match is AC vs AC

I say the home team gets to use the proper name (AC)
>>
>>65710245
>actually bragging about Rugby
This is a sports board.

And again, you seem to frustrated for no good reason. And it happens every time I see a Poo Peeland flag. You have huge inferiority complex towards basically any flag you see, but I get it I wouldn't want to live down there either.

>ywn be a Poo Peelander
Feels good.
>>
>>65710322
>not wanting to see an AC - AC match before tuning in to an FC - AFC derby while waiting for an epic AS - CF Champions League clash
>>
>>65710334
you are too dumb an uneducated, you prob dont know any sport apart from football.

You started making fun of where I'm from, I didnt start it. So I gave you shit and now you are butthurt.

If you dont want to come, please tell your cousins not to come here and just fucking live of the welfare and beg for money.

serbs are the last people on the planet to make fun of anyone. Remember how the turks raped your ancestors for hundred of years?
this is why you muppets so thick in the head.

>starts making fun of my flag/country
>surpised when i make fun of his
>gets btfo
>calls me mad

>topkek.jpg
>>
Juve is bigger than both ac and manu
Kys
>>
>>65710373
bigger in what? match fixing?

ya prob you are right.
>>
>>65710359
>calls me mad
But you are mad. My two lines of text are enough to make you sperg all over your keyboard for five minutes. Just look at you.

Calm down and have a drink, this can't be too good for your health.
>>
>>65710206
>Say what you want about Serbia, at least you heard something about us on television or other media,
The only reason I know of your country is because of Serbs and Croats starting riots at National Soccer League games in the 90s
>>
>>65710386
I ain't mad, I'm just giving you shit and you have no come back for it, I owned you lol

>gets pwnt
>le mad lelelel XD

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8
>>
>>65710359
>calls croats "innocent"
>expects anything else he says to be taken seriously
kek
>>
>>65710431
>I le owned you lol XD
kill yourself
>>
>>65710436
Shitslavia was croats , serbs and muslims and other ehtnicity i think.

When the shitty communist soviet died, croats and muslims wanted to part ways, because serb dominated shitoslavia was a shithole and the serbs were racist towards other minorities. So when the minorities wanted to break free, the serbs started killing and cleansing them all. The muslims were outnumbered , and look what happened to the women and children? They were put in camps like the nazis did to the jews and killed em all.

The croats knew what was gonna happen to them, so they put up a fight and fucked the serbs shit up.

I'm not saying they are innocent, but they defended their people and lands against the wild beasts (the serbs).

After all, it was the serbs that started it, they didn't want others to have their freedom. It's why the reason why Nato and rest of the world bomb the shit out of serbia and laughed at them.
>>
>>65710503
It's funny how you are so fucking dumb that you are not capable of coming up with a legit argument.

you couldnt come up with an argument, so you made fun of my country/flag

i pwnt you.

you couldnt come up with an argument, so you called me mad

i pwnt you.

you couldnt come up with an arguemtn, so you started swearing and telling me to kill my self.

people gonna come here read thread and see how stupid you are
>>
>/int/-retard thinks he knows about other countries' history because he read about it on Taiwanese anime discussion forum
every time
>>
>>65710431
take a pill man. preferably with cyanide in it.
>>
>>65710529
don't, just don't. the last thing you want to do is call croats innocent.
>>
Why dont AC fags admit they're wrong and try to casually hide their dumbness instead of going full damage control mode.
>>
File: 27-berlusconi-afp.jpg (85 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
27-berlusconi-afp.jpg
85 KB, 2048x1536
Literally this guy happened.

Can you imagine if Dave Cameron took over Man United or some shit?
>>
>>65710662
He's literally the most winning president in the history of football (unless laporta surpassed him, I'm not sure)
>>
AC = Associazione Calcio (Football Association)

it's like calling Sunderland "AFC"

fucking mongs, kill yourselves
>>
>>65710529
I like how you missed out "and the croatians did with Serbs" when you described the concentration camps mehmet
>>
>>65705011
>just watch Sky Sports and they'll call them AC.
They usually refer to them as AC Milan, on the rare occasion that they're mentioned.
>>
>>65705186
Most people in England call them Milan and Inter, bar the odd retard.
>>
In Italy AC Milan is just Milan, Internationale di Milano is just called Inter.

I'm not sure that one guy was even trolling desu.
>>
>>65711293
A meme will be born
>>
>>65709900
I meant right now.

They're all players that wouldn't get games for the biggest clubs (Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern etc.)

BUT they are good enough to play for the tier below (AC, Roma, Spurs, Everton, Milan etc.)

All I'm saying is that AC should have better players than they do now.
>>
>>65709852
This.
>>
>>65709026
>>65709026
>The correct name is whatever the Italians calls them

Absolute bollocks. By that logic we should use the native word to describe everything produced or from that specific country.

It's AC and Inter respectively. Always has been and always will be.

Both clubs are Milan. Both clubs are Milano.

Get over it you autist.
>>
>all those anglo bandwagonners that the nearest distance from a stadium has been from the coach to the tv

inter is inter
and ac milan is milan

END
>>
>>65710373
>20,000 average attendance

LMFAO
>>
>>65714312

It's Inter Milan (or Milan) and AC Milano (known as AC).
>>
>>65710699
And if there were two teams in Sunderland, the other called Sunderland FC then you WOULD FUCKING CALL THEM "AFC" YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>65714360
hahahaha

whatever dude, im out of this retarded thread..
>>
Let's get this back on track

Biggest Italian clubs:

1. AC
2. Roma
3. Milan (Inter Milan for you autists)
4. Juventus
5. Napoli
6. Lazio
7. Fiorentina
>>
>>65714425
>AC top
>Juventus that low
>Milan 3rd

u wot m8?

Milan are are at least on a par with AC. When have AC achieved what Milan did with Mourinho? Even when AC they won the CL in 2007 they weren't league champions. That honour went to Milan. Milan won the treble in 2010 and AC have never achieved that.
>>
>>65714425
what are those names? never heard of any of it

>actual list

1. Turin JFC
2. AC
3. Milan
4. AS
5. SSC
6. ACF
7. SS
>>
>>65709928
dida
cafu nesta stam maldini
gattuso pirlo seedorf
kaka
sheva crespo/inzaghi

MUH DICK
>>
>>65714775
kek
>>
What a fucking terrible thread.
>>
>>65715665
Is Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini the best defensive line ever?
>>
>>65704560
I call your mom mom. she likes it.
>>
>>65716389
No, beacuse Cafu, Stam and Maldini were all past their best at that point with Nesta at the tail end of his peak. They also had some stunning collapses like the 05 CL final or the 04 CL QF humiliation.

Maldini - Costacurta - Baresi - Tasotti was much better
>>
I call them Luigi and Mario
>>
>>65714215

So if I say Atletico what team I'm referring to?

> always has been and always will be

I can see what's the problem here, not-Italians don't know a shit, are just messing up and PRETENDING to be right just because they are messing up since they are born.

Full names are Associazione Calcio Milan s.p.a and Football Club Internazionale Milano S.p.A.

Everyone call them Milan and Inter, for not-Italians it's Inter Milan and AC Milan,

I discover now that for retarded it's AC. It's stupid as fuck, please tell me it's bait.
>>
>>65705252
We call them Milan, and Inter, tbqh famiglia.
>>
>>65714602
>dude, im out of this retarded thr
is this guy 7 years old?

you compare 1 year of Inter Milan wining the CL to AC Milan's legendary history??

AC Milan have 7 CL trophies
Inter one or two

Even when Real Madrid won their CL trophies, that was agess ago in the 50s after WW2, when no one was playing football. But when every caught up to them ,they only managed to win 5.

So actually if you count the CL that counts the most
AC Milan 7
Real Madrid 5.

AC Milan is the best and most decorated team in history untill 4 years ago when they started the decline.

You clearly know nothing about football kiddo, go back to bed you got school 2moro.
>>
>>65714602
also ac have won the league and champions league, TWICE, on different occasion, in 1994 and 1968.

"treble" as if that is something special?? lel

inter milan won during time were most italian clubs on downhil, milan sold most of their players, and juve were being punished for cheating
>>
>>65714425
nah

1. AC
2. Juventuswinslol
3. Milan
4. Napoli
<power-gap>
5. everyone else
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.