[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: cover manny pacquiao.gif (55 KB, 282x338) Image search: [Google]
cover manny pacquiao.gif
55 KB, 282x338
Was he wrong?
>>
No but it wasn't smart to piss off a group that's in its height of popularity
Every time I see people call Bruce Jenner beautiful I want to vomit
>>
No, because it is am opinion.
>>
>>65672167

yes but i wish we lived in a world where people could have the wrong opinions but still be respected for their positive traits

like why does nike take it upon themselves to reprimand wrong opinions? you don't have to have all the right opinions to be a good athlete or a good person

having the wrong opinions doesnt make somebody "abhorrent", a word used by a nike spokesperson, murder is abhorrent, rape is abhorrent.

being insensitive to gays isnt abhorrent, its just a mildly unfortunate part of the man's worldview that probably wont cause any problems (maybe if his son was gay then we'd have a genuine real life problem caused by his wrong opinion, until then, let him be)
>>
>>65672261
Fuck off queerl
>>
>>65672261
The hypocrisy of it all is Nike aren't saints in their own right. Utilizing cheap labor in Asia as well as sweatshop environments for their products.

Pretty insensitive to humans if you ask me.
>>
>>65672313

right exactly

nobody asked Nike to be our thought police, if we wanted thought police we would've picked people with a better moral track record surely
>>
>>65672342
Agreed.
>>
>>65672261

>why does Nike take it up one itself to reprimand wrong opinions?

Because they could give a flying fuck about opinions and it's about money whether it's consumers or the sporting events you endorse?
>>
Homosexuality is scientifically detrimental to procreational design
>>
>>65672526

Tripfags don't have to worry about making babies either you lonely fuck.
>>
Personally, no, but the second he became a sponsor for Nike he was agreeing to celebrity rules.

You think people like Clint Eastwood and Chris Pratt or ANY masculine figure in Hollywood really gives a fuck about it. They don't but they've agreed to keep their mouth shut to remain a popular figure. Pacman wants Nike money, he's just gotta do it.
>>
>>65672647
I am sure Pacqiuao made a few hundred million from that gayweather fight alone. Doubt he gives a fuck much at this point.
>>
>>65672647
Yeah it wasn't smart, Nike isn't going to lose its best market since only faggots buy Nike
>>
File: 2016-02-19-09-39-44-109169869.jpg (12 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-19-09-39-44-109169869.jpg
12 KB, 280x180
PINOY PRIDE!!! AND WHEN I SAY PINOY PRIDE I MEAN HOMOPHOBIA!!!
>>
>>65672167
he was wrong for apologizing
>>
>>65672313
This

Plus they only cut Manny because they know his brand isn't profitable any more. They don't really care about his views on homosexuals.

As for Manny, I'm okay with him disagreeing with homosexuality but his choice of words could have been different.
>>
>>65672526
Explain this then Charles Darwin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
>>
>>65672167
He's objectively wrong scientifically. Homosexual behavious is widespread and common in the animal kingdom. If it's unnatural then nature itself is unnatural, which is clearly absurd. ''Natural'' means, ''occurs in nature'', not ''occurs in the bible''.
>>
>>65672526
It really is.

There used to be a time where a mans strength was in his family and his descendants. But modern society has taken out the importance of the family, so now you can be as undisciplined as you want, and be applauded. Which says something about the world we're living in at the moment.
>>
>>65672971
Animals also partake in cannibalism, killing, pedophilia, and rape. We should accept these things as well, since it's naturally occurring am I right.
>>
>>65672313

SJW dont care about humans
>>
>>65673046
No, I didn't say that, but thanks for strawmanning. I was just referring to what he actually said:

>Have you seen any animal having male-to-male or female-to-female relations?

The answer is yes. He was trying to say that homosexuality is sinful because it is somehow ''unnatural'' which is patently false. He should Just say that he's against it because of some book a bunch of people wrote and rewrote thousands of years ago.
>>
>>65672261
> wrong
> opinion
That's what's fucked up about this shitty pc world we live in now
>>
No se puede corregir a la naturaleza, palo que nace doblado jamas su tronco endereza
>>
No. He's entitled to his opinion.
>>
>>65673114
lol I was thinking the exact same thing
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9sWXWqXhGo
>>
>>65673031
WTF?
>>
>>65673127
As is Nike considering they are paying him.
>>
>>65673031
It is literally just you whiteys, and your infecting everyone else with your pro gayness
>>
>>65673265
What's so hard to understand? A family/clan's strength was built on numbers and important to the extent that if a women couldn't bare children, she would allow her husband to have children with another women/servant. THAT'S how important building a family was at one point.

To go against that, to be homosexual, to leave your family vulnerable and without numbers, was considered a disgrace.

But if you can eliminate the need for families, to create a society that promotes independence, it's like creating a world where you can fulfill all kinds and forms of indulgence...those degenerate type of societies never really last though, eventually they consume themselves because it all leads to selfishness.
>>
Thank god it's a flip saying it because now SJWs are even closer to disarray. Fags are being called out for their double standards.

TYBM (Thank You Based Manny)
>>
>>65673342
It's not a race thing, it's a degenerate state of mind and society. Everyone wants a realm of fantasy, where they can "be free" and do whatever they want. Every kingdom/government strives for this to their own detriment.
>>
File: 1455379795293.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455379795293.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
>>65672167
Yes,he was c'mon it is the 21st century...why do you give a fuck about gays ? I just don't get the concept if you are hetero,why would you hate them ? They snatch no pussy away and it is not like heteros do way more weird shit, than anal.Look I don't like that whole Caitlyn Jenner shit either and all the tumblr/cancer but these people are just anoying because of theier mental world view.Not because they have buttsecks.

Also it does not put any thing away from Manny in a sports context,or as a general human being.He may not like gays but he is not a bad person for it,either.You don't have to love them just respect them and let them be.Nike made a real dick move ,tho.But they want gojims to consume for more sheekles
>>
What do you expect from a Filipino?
>>
No being a fag is a mental disorder and you should be put into an institution until you are cured or deemed fit for society.
>>
>>65674162
You can disagree with something without hating it, jussayin
>>
>>65674188
To be the strongest race on the planet?
>>
Even if he's right he shouldn't go on record with shit like that. Like I think niggers are low IQ savages but I sure wouldn't talk about it if I was a famous athlete.
>>
How/Why the fuck is he still an active fighter? There were talks of him retiring even before the De La Hoya fight.
>>
>>65672261
They're paying the guy to represent them.
If they stick by him then people with think that is Nike's opinion as well, when people see Nike they with think Pacquiao's gay hate
Nike would lose money.
It's a good business decision
>>
what if he would have said that he personally doesnt agree with it but wouldn't do anything to impede "progress" or w/e, would nike have still dropped him
>>
>>65672261

I agree we get too pissed off at celebs who say some stupid shit.

but the rich and famous lead the tide of social change. Always have and always will.

So imagine some famous white sports star in the 60's saying, "I wish we could go back to black-white segregation".

I agree the LGBT sensitivity shit has gone way too far, but you can't be an international sports hero and tell planet earth that gays are worse than animals. Nike correct on this one.
>>
MANNY MANNY MANNY
>>
>>65672526

> what are species specific roles
> what is population control

every DNA sequence has some purpose, although the immediate reason is not always obvious.
>>
>>65674290
ye you are right
>>
Was he right?

http://strawpoll.me/6850433
>>
>>65674723

did he really say gays are worse than animals lol ??

i thought he just said that "muh religion says gays cant marry"
>>
>>65672342
"Yes, let's continue giving away our money on an endorsement we do not wish to have with an athlete we do not wish to associate with. We're not the thought police."
>>
>>65672261

Nike are free to not associate themselves with gay-hating athletes just like the athletes are free to have their bigoted views. This has nothing to do with thought policing.
>>
I don't agree with him I think gays are fine, but I think trannies and human disasters like Bruce Jenner are legit mentally ill freaks who need to be cured, not applauded. And the more extreme this fringe of society gets, the more extreme peoples reactions will be to it.

I really hate how that shit has attached itself to the gay community as if they were all under the same banner.
>>
>>65672167
no, he will get more votes because of it.
>>
File: argentina_party_dolphin.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
argentina_party_dolphin.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>gays are worse than animals
>LOL j/k, sorry
I'd respect him for not apologizing.
>>
>>65672167
In a factual, no biased sense, yeah, he was totally wrong, animals of the same gender fuck each other all the time.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.