[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Most wins >Most tds >Most passing yds >Only quarterback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: CP-Peyton-Manning-2.jpg (1 MB, 3632x2583) Image search: [Google]
CP-Peyton-Manning-2.jpg
1 MB, 3632x2583
>Most wins
>Most tds
>Most passing yds
>Only quarterback to win superbowl with multiple teams
>3 - 1 vs Brady in the most important game (AFC championship)
>Been his own offensive coordinator all of his career

Is he, dare I say, GOAT?
>>
>>65481037
Hes not clutch, thats for sure. But hey.. atleast hes got two rings to go with those stats and isnt a one and done now and can ride into the sunset. Definitely deserving of the HOF. Dudes a legend.

We Brock Osweiler era now
>>
Nah Brady still has more super bowls. He will always be GOAT
>>
Just a reminder, Manning had a 3 year head start on brady. Brady is going to eclipse manings' wins, tds, passes records

brady is also likely to get at one more ring

he isn't goat. he's great, but brady is better. brady put the team on his back in the owl, and didnt have his defense carry him.

manning got carried by his defense to both superbowls. not saying that brady's defense, or other winning defenses (seahawks) didnt play their part, but manning was CARRIED

he was past his prime and did his job handing the ball off and letting his defense win

friendly reminder he just handed the ball off like 12 times in a row to end the game
>>
File: IMG_20160112_213009.jpg (156 KB, 905x1009) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112_213009.jpg
156 KB, 905x1009
>>65481103
>brady is also likely to get at one more ring
>>
>>65481103
>brady has never been carried to an owl by his defence

brady has also played in the same system with the GOAT coach all his career, what do you think would have happened if manning in his colts days played under belichick?
>>
>>65481103
Brady's only a year younger. Look how quickly time caught up with Peyton. It'll happen to Brady, too.
>>
>>65481070
this logic implies that trent dilfer > dan marino mate
>>
>>65481037
>56.6
>>
>>65481129
this desu. Belichick is a massive reason why Brady is Brady.

Peyton is more his own offensive coordinater.

Shit could you imagine if Peyton ended up being the guy with Belichick?
>>
>>65481146
except Brady has great numbers and will play longer, he will 100 percent have the win record when he's done
>>
>>65481158
>Peyton is more his own offensive coordinater.

oh fuck off, he literally isn't, in fact the Broncos have a new offense from last year and not because of Peyton. Tom has won with Charlie Weiss, Josh McDaniel and Bill O'Brien as his OC anyways
>>
>>65481037
Don't forget got to four super bowls with four different head coaches.
>>
>>65481161
Doubt
>>
>>65481158

We can't imagine hypotheticals like that...but if we are going that route, I can honestly say...

Patriots would have LOST first SB against rams if they had manning

still would have beaten eagles
still would have beaten panthers

still would have lost to eli and giants at least once

definitely would have got cucked by the seahawks

if you put manning on the pats they are as good at best certainly a bit worse
>>
Im sorry man Tom Brady is the greatest qb to ever play
>>
>>65481070
>Dude Johnathan Toews has more Stanley Cups than Sidney Crosby
>I mean sure Crosby has all the numbers and eclipses Toews in every statistical metric, but Toews has 3 Cups

This is how you sound. Peyton is the GOAT, suck his dick you bitch
>>
>>65481227
No one watches hockey you stupid cunt. Go back to Canada
>>
Tommy 2 Chokes literally blew a perfect season in one giant limpdick display of impotence and people have the audacity to call Manning a choker?

Why are Patriot fans so fucking insecure bros?
>>
>>65481103
Do you even know how football works?
Those handoffswere purposeful time burners to give the Panthers less possession time, assuring the Broncos victory.
>>
>>65481128

Who in the AFC is much better than the patriots? Pats came inches away from knocking off denver IN denver this year, and without manning, broncos are probably going to take at least a small step back on offense. Now, their defense is all-world but next season I could see the Steelers/Patriots giving broncos a run for their money in the AFC. NFC is filled with garbage nigger meme teams like the Seahawks and Panthers anyway

Next season power rankings (assuming all teams are healthy)

1. Patriots (when healthy, best team)
2. Seahawks (great, young roster, wilson finally coming into his own)
3. Broncos (great D but weak at QB)
4. Panthers (still have young, talented roster)
5. Steelers (solid all around but D weak points and O line issues)
>>
>>65481249
I do. People in white states do.

I presume you don't live in a white state and your opinion is honestly irrelevant to me now.
>>
>>65481129
Manning in his Colts days would wilt in the playoffs. Every Belichick Super Bowl run required a clutch performance by his quarterback. Peyton has never been that QB. 3 tds and 7 ints in his first Super Bowl run, and a whole lotta of nothing this year except 2 first half tds against the Pats. Not clutch.
>>
>>65481256

>leads the team to a go ahead TD with 2 minutes left
>defense lets up miracle hail mary to lose them the game

First of all, give the giants credit. They got to the fucking super bowl, representing the NFC. Their pass rush was amazing (tuck, strahan, umenyora) and Eli was clutch.

Second of all, Brady didnt fucking choke. he gave his team the lead with a td drive at the end of the game. asante samuel then dropped an easy pick off his hands and tyree made the catch of a lifetime

they got meme'd hard but it wasn't a choke job

manning got BTFO against the seahawks 2 years ago, utterly raped and destroyed, and had no chance and gave up. brady beat them literally the next season. its like you dont even watch football
>>
>>65481287

Take a look at playoff stats between Peyton and Brady.

They're pretty simar actually.
>>
>>65481263
An injury riddled Steelers were on their way to beating the Broncos till their 3rd string RB fumbled. They don't have O-line issues either. Other than needing a solid CB this offseason, I'd say they have the best shot at making the SB from the AFC.
>>
>>65481037
Did you forget that he sucked yesterday?
>>
>>65481161
he will be 39 going into this season mate
>>
>>65481327
This desu senpai, they're both in the upper 80s and not very far apart.
>>
>>65481037
I think he's undoubtedly the QB of all time. Problem is that his physical genetics couldn't keep up with his elite football mind. He'll probably become the best offensive coordinator of all time. Brady is a better winner though.
>>
File: brady laugh.jpg (15 KB, 240x288) Image search: [Google]
brady laugh.jpg
15 KB, 240x288
>>65481037
>Most playoff wins
>Most playoff tds
>Most passing yds
>Only quarterback to reach the Super Bowl 6 times
>4 Super Bowl wins (tied most all time)
>22-9 in the playoffs
>11-6 against Peyton Manning all time
>took the 31st ranked defense in the league to the Super Bowl
>threw more touchdowns in last year's Super Bowl than Peyton has thrown in all his four Super Bowls combined.
>>
>>65481397
>0 Super Bowl wins without controversy
>>
>>65481397

FUCKING THIS. It's about playoff success, not regular season accolades. We live in a world were blake bortles and matt stafford can throw for 5000 yards 40 TD's, volume stats are pretty much meaningless going forward.

Pats are 12-4 or better each year, always in the hunt, always in the playoffs, always a threat. Manning has had success too, but for the most part he choked in his playoff career and got carried by his defense

Brady is better than Manning but they're both HoF tier so who cares really
>>
>>65481431

>bitch about ball pressure during colts game
>post better stats after balls are changed
HUGE FUCKING 2 WEEK BREAK BEFORE SUPER BOWL

EVERYONE IN USA WATCHING YOU IN SB MASSIVE PRESSURE
>Brady has 4 td's in super bowl
>2 4th quarter touchdown drives in the clutch
>he cheated

Are you retarded, or just trolling?
>>
>>65481446
Problem with your argument is that Peyton was throwing these godly numbers before Bortles and Stafford were in high school.
>>
>>65481431
Ok HGH man,
Ok Broncos salary cap man
>>
>>65481397
>>
>>65481327
>>65481389
The difference is that Brady actually had to win his Owls in the clutch. Just last year he had to overcome two 14 point deficits against the Ravens and a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Manning only ever did that once against the Patriots in 2006. And even that is overshadowed by the fact he threw 3 tds to 7 ints in that Super Bowl run.

Peyton is not a big game QB. He's been in the Super Bowl 4 times and has thrown a combined 3 touchdowns to 5 ints. He has never had a particularly good Super Bowl performance.
>>
>>65481431

Seriously though, this.
Those chowderheads have no integrity
>>
>>65481466

Wrong. The 5 yard "cant touch the WR anymore" rule was put in place BY JIM IRSAY, COLTS OWNER after getting btfo in the AFCCG by the Patriots. Colts pussified football because manning couldn't deal with his WR getting jammed at the line of scrimmage. Manning was bascially ELI (an INT babby and turnover machine choke artist) until that rule changed

Now suddenly scrub dick qb's after 2005 are throwing for 4k yards a season

its like you dont even watch football kid
>>
>>65481520
Deflated footballs is the biggest joke of a controversy all time. I think the text messages from 6 months earlier shows that they were doing it a some point but the science shows that it probably didn't happen during the AFCCG.

Compare this scandal to Peyton Manning taking HGH and it's clear the zealous fuss about the rules is really just a popularity contest.
>>
>>65481103
>friendly reminder he just handed the ball off like 12 times in a row to end the game
Anon, what is "running the clock"? Did you want him to throw some back shoulder routes with the lead and a little bit of time left?
>>
>>65481588
The Broncos offense could have scored as few as 4 points in order to win that game.
>>
>>65481583
>Compare this scandal to Peyton Manning taking HGH

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Manning even on a roster when his wife was supposedly receiving HGH shipments, therefore not even breaking any rules?
>>
>>65481618
>4 points
>>
>>65481631
his wife wasn't "supposedly' receiving shipments, she definitely was

and do you really think the scandal would've been the same if we found out Giselle was getting HGH shipments after a trainer ratted Brady out?
>>
>>65481588

One first down literally ends the game, and the threat of throwing the ball at least gives the run game some room. So if you have at least a threat of a pass game, the run game gets you 3-4 yards on 1st and 2nd down instead of 0 yards...then you have 3rd and 3 instead of 3rd and 10...and you can run a quick slant for a first down instead of punting and playing D

give denver credit for having an amazing d

but just consider denver would rather punt the ball away up by 4 points than try to having manning complete ONE pass on first down

aka kubiak liked the odds of stopping a touchdown drive more than manning throwing 10 yards

im not saying it was a bad choice by any means

but it shows how shitty peypey was at this point in his career
>>
>>65481037
Crazy to think that if Peyton lost, he would've became the LeBron James of the nfl. Now he's the Kobe Bryant
>>
>>65481263
Broncos>patriots
2-0 speaks for itself
>>
>>65481327
no they're fucking not. they're close if you consider being far apart close
>>
>>65481631
Yes, he was on the Colts IR, and no, it is not legal for players to take a year off from football to roid up.
>>
>>65481037
3-1 vs brady in post-season
no he isn't. he's 3-2. and the only reason you think it's 3-1 is because you saw it on an incorrect infographic on ESPN. i know, because i saw it too.
but now that we know you get all of your information from ESPN, we can disregard your opinion
>>
Man, it's had to tell. Brady is certainly part of a great system with a great coach. Most of his passes are checkdowns, and almost all of the plays are products of a really great, complex offensive system.

That being said, he performs the system well. I don't think you can just dismiss him as being only that. Brady isn't just a game manager. No one, other than young Kobe and MJ, has more of a champion heart. Brady is a hungry motherfucker, and I don't see that drive out of anyone else in the NFL.

So it's hard to dismiss him, but considering all that Peyton does... I don't know. Can we just say Peyton is the greatest regular season QB?
>>
>>65481650
No, she was receiving shipments, but "supposedly" they included HGH.
>>
>>65481680
>and no, it is not legal for players to take a year off from football to roid up.

[citation needed]
>>
>>65481697
3 - 1 in AFC championship games mate
>>
>>65481911
He was on better team's all 3 of those years. That's why he had home field.

The Broncos literally beat Brady without Peyton earlier this year.
>>
>>65481103
*cough

Brady was literally carried through everyone of his owls by his defense.
The first one the pats won he threw 1 td the entire postseason you ape faggot. The only owl arguable was against an incredibly overrated team and vinateri/cheating won the game for him. Also last year the defense won for them again.
You literally dont watch the sport and were born 14 years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 964x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 964x816
>>65481263
There are a few mistakes in your logic there desu
>>
>>65481263
osweiller will be a better qb next season than manning was this season
>>
>>65481470
Brady literally launders money through a fake vitamin supp"lel"ment company
>>
>>65481379
I mean Brady only needs 7 wins to get the all time win record
>>
>>65481379
He's much healthier than Peyton is. The number isn't everything. Brady treats his body like a temple.
>>
>>65481397
MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL>MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL>MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>65482041

Wrong, primary thing manning did was check pass plays into run plays and vice versa, set protection and flip runs to the other side

Osweiller being shit had more to do with his utter lack of knowlege of tactics and pre snap adjustments than any athletic measure

broncos could have won last night with oswieller for sure
>>
>>65481397
>passing yards

Do u even watch the games desu? Every throw is a hook/stick/slat route 5 yards down the field, and the wr's do ALL of the work
>>
>>65482084

>most playoff wins
>damage control

Must be a jest fan or something. How is most wins in the playoffs all time not relevant? You are a faggot
>>
Both are pretty good and I'm glad I got into handegg early enough to witness them both play.
>>
>>65482059
Do you even know what laundering money means? Why would brady launder his legitimately earned money?
>>
File: glasses.png (787 KB, 919x1002) Image search: [Google]
glasses.png
787 KB, 919x1002
>>65481911
>manning has never beaten brady in foxboro in a title game.

lmao, so hes worse than flacco or sanchez
>>
>>65481037
>>Only quarterback to win superbowl with multiple teams
False
the guy from the bears won with the bears and greenbay
>>
>>65481037
'no'

Ty pey pey for choking and giving us a superb owl tho
>>
>>65482241
Starting QB
>>
You can't be the GOAT unless you can perform in the clutch.

Peyton rarely performs in big games when behind.

Think about it this way, if there's 2 minutes left in the game and your team is behind by 5 - who would you rather have in your pocket? Touchdown Tommy or Chicken Parm Peyton?

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>65482388

based aussie. QFT.
>>
File: tumblr_kv83mcOJ211qabupuo1_1280.jpg (114 KB, 800x732) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kv83mcOJ211qabupuo1_1280.jpg
114 KB, 800x732
>>65481103
>brady is also likely to get at one more ring
>>
>>65481103
Brady is done champ. This year he didn't play well at all, and got carried hard by others. Age is catching up to him just like it did Manning. Next year is probably Brady's last chance at a 5th ring, but even then I highly doubt it.
>>
Is peypey the most overrated qb in the history of the league?
He's so shit in the playoffs, aka the only time it matters, it's unreal. I would take his brother over him any day of the week
>>
>>65482041
>65482041

How could he not be? Manning was a dumpster fire this year. The Broncos could have won last night with Archie Manning playing QB.
>>
>>65481158
>>65481129
Bill was the reason they lost the championship game
>red zone 2 drives in a row, don't even go for the field goal both times
He was super hard leaning that Denver would score on their possession, but they stopped them cold both times.
>>
>>65482106
Confirmed for not watching Pre-2010 Pats
>>
Peyton Manning has thrown for 3tds and 5 ints in 4 supwr bowls. His horrendous play in the super bowl keep him from being GOAT.
>>
>>65481037
yup
>>
File: Red.gif (2 KB, 136x137) Image search: [Google]
Red.gif
2 KB, 136x137
>>65481037
Can Brady win with another team and coach? That answer is "no".
>>
>>65481037
>Is he, dare I say, GOAT?
Obviously he is.
>>
>>65489173
The answer is we don't know. He hasn't been cut, unlike Chicken Parm
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.